Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 3:51:32 PM EDT
Have a 05 GMC Sierra 1500, on occasion when I turn the truck on the drivers side vents blow out hot air while the passenger is nice and cold, turn the truck off and back on and it works again.

Looks like the drivers side blend door motor is out. Anyone have any experience with this, am I right?

Also does anyone know where the drivers side one is located?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It's also possible that the doors need calibrated.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Know anything about gettting them calibrated. It's only the drivers side that i've had problems with.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the easy side to change.
On the passenger side of the truck remove the lower cover. The cover is held up by three 7 mm screws.
The one screw by the center Trans hump is the hardest of the three to remove.
Once the cover is removed, you can see the drivers blend actuator on the bottom of the A/C box near the Trans hump but
slightly toward the passenger side. Remove the screws and replace.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Know anything about gettting them calibrated. It's only the drivers side that i've had problems with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's easy but most likely needs to go to a shop. I don't think a home scan tool can do it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's the easy side to change.
On the passenger side of the truck remove the lower cover. The cover is held up by three 7 mm screws.
The one screw by the center Trans hump is the hardest of the three to remove.
Once the cover is removed, you can see the drivers blend actuator on the bottom of the A/C box near the Trans hump but
slightly toward the passenger side. Remove the screws and replace.
View Quote

Ok great that's the one I was hoping it was, once I replace it do I have to do anything else or will is it good to go from there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top