Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 6:13:31 PM EDT
Looking for a way to find stocks that are between X&Y price range, and over the last 30 days have averaged x% moves.

Anyone know of a screener to do this, or the term for what I am looking to do?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps I'll check it out.

Basically I'd like to be able to find stocks in a price range I can afford, that exhibit an average range of movement.

I assume volatility is a measure of stock price increase relative to itself?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Go here and download scanner software TC2000 then go here and watch these videos to setup scans Scan videos
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Perhaps I'll check it out.

Basically I'd like to be able to find stocks in a price range I can afford, that exhibit an average range of movement.

I assume volatility is a measure of stock price increase relative to itself?
View Quote

Not sure what you mean...stocks you can afford

Would you rather own 10 shares that gain 100+ % in a year or the same money on 1000 shares that gain 15%?

Price is meaningless for the most part (0-1000/share).  Buy quality and hold long.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Finviz is a good free screener also
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Trade Ideas is the best I have seen and can run as a Algorithm automated trading software if you want
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I trade on the Thinkorswim platform and use the "Scan tab" to accomplish exactly what you describe. I also use their "stock hacker" tool. Its a criteria search on mega steroids.

Thinkorswim scan tab
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top