Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 3:28:58 PM EDT
Online I see the same thing, how to kill a game.  

They say hold the Xbox button, then quit.  There's no fucking option to quit.  Hold down Xbox button, there's only "Turn console off" and "Turn controller off."  So when my kid is done with Minecraft, for example, seems the only way to return to the home screen is to turn the console off, then turn it on again.

They aren't that fucking stupid that there isn't a better way, are they?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Try "pressing" the xbox button instead of holding it. This should minimize the game in a window within your home screen.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]
From Xbox support:

1.In the game or app, press the Xbox button  on your controller. This will return you to Home.
2.Verify that the big application tile is highlighted, and then press the Menu button  on your controller.
3.Select Quit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
could have used this last night
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try "pressing" the xbox button instead of holding it. This should minimize the game in a window within your home screen.
View Quote

LOL that's it.  I read hold somewhere, that stuck in my brain.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top