Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2015 10:40:49 PM EDT
Software is called Easy Weather. I stream weather data to WU from my weather station but as it stands now, the receiver for the station has to be plugged into my main computer so it can upload the data.

I don't like to keep my main PC on 24/7 but I would not mind if I had to run my NAS 24/7. Its running WD Reds in RAID 1.

I am looking at a wireless USB dongle adapter so that I don't have run a USB cable from the station receiver to my NAS but if I cant get the software to install on the NAS, this all worthless to me.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Short answer, no.

Long answer yes, within certain limitations.  QNAP uses a POSIX-like Linux OS.  So, anything you install has to be compatible with their particular flavor of POSIX, and you have to have the capability of building your own POSIX-like package with install scripts and such.

So the question is, how hard core are you?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Short answer, no.

Long answer yes, within certain limitations.  QNAP uses a POSIX-like Linux OS.  So, anything you install has to be compatible with their particular flavor of POSIX, and you have to have the capability of building your own POSIX-like package with install scripts and such.

So the question is, how hard core are you?
View Quote

Linux nope.

Are there any sites I could look at that could help me? Software is Easy Weather

Software looks like link but name says Ambient Wearther http://www.ambientweather.com/software.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm guessing you already own the QNAP?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn.  Oh well, I was gonna say you could just buy a Terestation WSS box, it runs windows 2012 storage server and you could probably get that software to run on that.  But now it means replacing your NAS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top