Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 12:47:34 AM EDT
I'm trying to setup a small two disk NAS to my wireless router for a home network.  I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my desktop and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on my laptop.  I am the administrator for both machines.  I plug the NAS in and I can see it on my network, but when I try to access it and set it up, I get this popup:

I haven't setup any windows network username or password.  Was it given when I installed windows on the machine?  Where/how would I find it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Look in the manual.

At the very least, help us out with the manufacturer and model number.

Barring that, try admin with a blank password, or blank username with password admin (if it's linksys).
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
try

admin

password

Find the manufacturer, and then google the generic username/password.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It's an Orico 3529NAS.  

I was under the impression that this was something with windows since it gives me the same message when it turn off my homegroup and try to access the other computer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:13:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's an Orico 3529NAS.  

I was under the impression that this was something with windows since it gives me the same message when it turn off my homegroup and try to access the other computer.
View Quote

username admin, password admin
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's an Orico 3529NAS.  

That's the default username and password for the NAS control panel.  When I type in the IP address of the NAS, I enter that and I can go to the control panel and change settings.  However, still get this windows security popup when I try and access the NAS through my network.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:26:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's the default username and password for the NAS control panel.  When I type in the IP address of the NAS, I enter that and I can go to the control panel and change settings.  However, still get this windows security popup when I try and access the NAS through my network.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's an Orico 3529NAS.  

And did you type those credentials into that?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you using DHCP, or do you have IP's defined for your devices in the router?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:44:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's an Orico 3529NAS.  

Oh yeah, one of the first combos I tried.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I believe that NAS has some management software that ARP discovers the device and connects to it.  Install that, connect to it, and you should be able to define a username/password to connect to it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#11]
That looks like the same screen that Windows pops-up when you try to access another computer in your network.    That one is easily set by going to the PC you want to access and asking Windows to generate that info for you so other PCs in the network can access that one.   It's usually an individually generated info.

I have three NAS devices in my home network and none ever prompted that when I first accessed them from any of my PCs or even the Android tablet.   I can enable it but it usually comes disabled from the factory.

Check your NAS' manual for the setup process and how to access the NAS via your web browser.   Once you get in your NAS setup look for the equivalent info there.   Maybe this one has the security enabled.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Your default domain is your laptop. You need to use the NAS device name\username as your login.

ie.

STORAGE-030-B46\admin

"admin" needs to be whatever the default is for your device.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I found a workaround.  I was able to type in the IP address which brought up the username/password box for the NAS.  After typing in the default username/password, the system settings page came up and I was able to mess around with the settings so it doesn't ask for the windows network security info.  I'm not sure what I did to fix it since I reformatted the NAS disks and changed several settings.    But, it works now.  Thanks for all that chimed in.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#14]
notice on your screenshot that it shows the domain as your laptop.

When connecting to the nas enter the IP of the nas then the log in credentials.

Example:
192.169.1.200\admin
password*8

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Your default domain is your laptop. You need to use the NAS device name\username as your login.

ie.

STORAGE-030-B46\admin

View All Quotes
Quoted:

ie.

STORAGE-030-B46\admin

Quoted:
notice on your screenshot that it shows the domain as your laptop.

When connecting to the nas enter the IP of the nas then the log in credentials.

Example:
192.169.1.200\admin
password*8

Thanks.  If/when I get it again, I'll try that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top