Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2014 7:33:55 PM EDT
Is this possible? I'd like to enlarge this image enough to take it to a T-shirt shop to have some shirts made, but I dunno if it can be done.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really. You could go in with illustrator and trace the image thus creating a vector version, but that can be time consuming and often doesn't turn out well.

ETA- if the original is fairly high res, it may still come out OK, but if the pixel count isn't there, there is no way to really add it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Greyknight. Kinda what I figured!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you find the pic?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just type "enhance" a few times.

it works in the movies.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe something like an icon enlarger might work for what you want.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not really. You could go in with illustrator and trace the image thus creating a vector version, but that can be time consuming and often doesn't turn out well.
ETA- if the original is fairly high res, it may still come out OK, but if the pixel count isn't there, there is no way to really add it.
View Quote
Bingo.
If it were an actual picture, there are some processing techniques to reduce image noise and make the image more visually appealing and easier to interpret, but the pixel size will still be the same, and blowing it up will still result in a pixely (yes, I just made that term up) image.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried finding a larger res, this is the closest thing

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#8]
nvm
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#9]
It's still all rastered and won't screen well.
Plus it looks like a different boat. Is there a specific boat you are looking to use or just a shot similar to those two?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top