Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 6:35:39 PM EDT
Evening gents.

I know plenty here like fallout and even more like the Brotherhood of Steel. So I figured it was time to discuss a mod I'm making and see what the community thinks.

This will be my first mod for Fallout 4.

The idea behind it is once I got into the BoS I realized they haven't really progressed since FO3....I mean you would think with all the salvage from the Enclave they would have more to show for it than just the Prydewen.

So I'm fixing that.

So the first thing I did was change the Institute laser rifle to the standard red laser beam shared with the laser rifle(this mod is not for those pro Institute people).

Second I have outfitted every BoS soldier with a new weapon.
This new weapon also fires a new projectile type that looks amazing and it gooifys enemies on death like the plasma rifle does.

I also buffed the Gatling Laser and renamed it, since of course only the BoS uses them. These will also use identical projectiles that the laser rifle will be using.

This changes affects the LLI of every BoS soldier so you will see these in the wild and if a raider group. Gunner group, or superutant group can kill a BoS patrol the AI should run over and grab their weapons due to being superior to what they have.

Third, I have buffed all BoS NPC health and stats so they do not die so easily in combat.

I have also buffed the BoS Fatigues and all Scribe armor, plus they can all have Ballistic weave on them, best of all! So can the BoS uniforms!

I also buffed the damage resistance of the T-60 to be just a hair weaker than the X-01, while at the same time averaging out the health values of the armor pieces so they do not break nearly as fast...because cmon, a raider with a pipe pistol should be breaking power armor.

To Do:
I am working on new textures for the Gatling Laser and laser rifle that the BoS uses. As well as a matching power armor frame to the the BoS T-60.

I plan to change Proctor Teagans vendor inventory to reflect these changes and have him only offer the new Brotherhood rifles in various configurations,as well as have him sell more uniforms(all three colors, and some hoods like Danse wears).

I plan to buff the Vertibird damage and stats, and if possible....depends on how the game files handle the BoS Vertibird and every damage Vertibird in game I plan to make a custom texture for the BoS Vertibird to make them stand out for the rest(this however depends on if the Bos Vertibird is a seperate file or if it is shared).

I am also working on getting approval to use some custom textures for the Combat armor and T-60 from a mod maker.

I also will be creating a new X-111 compound that is actually useful, and not the crappy useless one you get from Neriah.

So Now I have a question:
What color would you like the guns?
I am thinking making the base colors match the BoS armor and the accent color match the Paladin and up accent colors.

What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll have an update for this tonight with pictures, and even a file for those who want to help me beta test it.

I'm going to need people who have sided with the BoS and are in all different parts of the quest line to help me see if I missed any loot lists.

Let me know if you want to help me and I'll message you a link to the download.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Be sure to put it on the Nexus for us traded ones
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be sure to put it on the Nexus for us traded ones
View Quote

It'll eb going on Nexus and Bethesda.a ids(this way it can't be stolen and I have complete control over it).

I'll be finished with all the loot lists, vendor inventory, and stat changes in a couple of days.

The textures will take a few weeks since the weapon textures are a mess and laid out horribly.

Luckily a few mod authors of armor and vertibird textures are lending me their textures so I won't have to spend months doing all that work and it will still be cohesive.

For the weapons I have made these changes.
Scribe's and vertibird pilots will be issued SBRs as general issue rifles, as they are generally in the rear. These are all semi auto short barreled plasma rifles.

Soldiers and combat armor soldiers will be issued either a semi auto, full auto, or shotgun plasma rifle.

Power armor soldiers will exclusively use either a rocket launcher, or a plasma Gatling.

No more power armor troops with laser rifles or miniguns.

Also I have to say the plasma scatter gun(shotgun) looks absolutely amazing!

As a side not. Considering that during the BoS quest line you get a huge stock of fatman shells I may make all the BoS soldiers use a M42 fatman instead of a rocket launcher, if I decide to do this I will create a seperste version with a custom texture for the BoS to use.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Will you make them better pilots?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will you make them better pilots?
View Quote

Vertibird will now be like watching an Apache attacking Isis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top