Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Great pics Stryke! So sorry about your argents.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From what I've seen...run your rexes in pairs.   My rexes are all at 4500-5500 health, 500-650 melee; and they wrecked him.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice!!  So note to self, don't try alpha rex with just Rexy?  (Says the guy that tried an alpha rap with an argent, lololol)

From what I've seen...run your rexes in pairs.   My rexes are all at 4500-5500 health, 500-650 melee; and they wrecked him.  

Mine cant be near 4k yet, but near 600 melee
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
We hit a 108 Alpha Rex a couple nights ago with four fairly high level Rexes. I lost my lvl102 (5000Health/900melee), almost lost my lvl90 as he was taken down to just 200 health (5500H/450M) and my tank Rex (19000health/350melee) had over 7000 hit points taken away. I didn't get to see the stats of the fourth Rex, but it was hit hard as well. We had taken down a number of lower level alpha rexes with a similar setup with no problems, so this was a battle that turned scary in a hurry.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Strike, is the server setup for decay? Probably not going to be back around for a few more days and don't want to lose any structures.  I think Dino's should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Strike, is the server setup for decay? Probably not going to be back around for a few more days and don't want to lose any structures.  I think Dino's should be fine.
View Quote

Was turned off, I believe.  Plenty of structures that the owner/user has been gone for well over a month.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm keeping an eye... on your scorp eggs
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just put 3 days worth of fuel in the gen at main, I'll try to keep an eye on it.  It was off when I logged on today.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Upcoming Version: v207.0

New Item: Craftable "Amnesiac Soup" that resets all of your Engrams and Skill Points!

When placing a Wall, you can now press a key to rotate them 180 degrees when snapped (i.e. to "flip" them)

There's now an on-screen overhead icon when a Dino of yours is in range of one of your Troughs.

Also Warpaint. I'm super excited for this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Upcoming 207 stuffs:

Upcoming Version: v207.0
* New Creature: Pachycephalosaurus!
* New Item: Water Raft!
* New Item: Scuba Pants, providing excellent hyperthermic insulation, but only when in water.
* New Item: Craftable "Amnesiac Soup" that resets all of your Engrams and Skill Points!
* Paintings / Warpaints can now be saved, loaded, and shared! (they require the corresponding indicated amount of paint to apply, of course!) -- can someone make a Bitmap to ARKPaint converter now? ;)
* Human and Dino Warpaint
* Collidable Saddle Platform & Build-on-Saddles: make your big ??? brontos and plesios into mobile bases, build just about anything up from them! Build ladders to climb up onto them, whatever -- the possibilities are nearly endless!!! ;) We originally were gonna limit it to sleeping bags and turrets, but let's just go all-out and make it work with everything
* Scuba Torso Top included in Tank Item
* Auto Anti Hack Banning (Speed, Aim, and more): experimental server option
* Ogg Music now plays on Mac and Linux (main menu, loading, spawning, etc)
* New ServerSettings "DisablePvEGamma=true" option now prevents gamma changes in PvE
* DestroyWildDinos cheat command, instantly destroys all Wild Dinos. Useful if you want to force repopulation of the ARK... sounds apocalyptic. Similarly, DestroyStructures
* When placing a Wall, you can now press a key to rotate them 180 degrees when snapped (i.e. to "flip" them)
* Eliminated Server lag/stalling associated with clients that have poor connections getting a BUNCH of structures sent to them all at once
* There's now an on-screen overhead icon when a Dino of yours is in range of one of your Troughs.
* You can now place crop-plots on Structures (but, they require open access to the sky if on a Structure!)
* You can now name Refridgerators... Maltheus :)
* 50% of the Inventory weight of a Monkey on your shoulder is now put on you ;)
* Rocket Launcher no longer consumes 2 ammo per shot; only 1 ammo per shot now.
View Quote

Bronto mobile homes on the horizon  
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the concepts for the mammoth/cold weather armor.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh, hello.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Server down for update, should be back up soon.

Server coming back up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Heh...noob admin rescue ops...episode 1:

So I log in and Leah hollers that she got one of my raptors stuck.  And, that eagle and torch both tried to get it free but...was still there.  She was apparently upset about it...and well, I wasn't.  Figured worst case, I'd shoot it and go get one.  <<shrugs>>

But, I'm the admin soooooo...knew there were supposedly things I could do....so, I started reading.

I really should have turned godmode on.  

But, I didn't.  I get there and see that not only my raptor but, Fern, Leah's parasaur stuck in that hole.  Tried to get on the raptor...couldn't...parasaur in the way.  So, got on the para, turned on cheats.  Got some map coordinates, and teleported.

OMGWTFBBQ...I'm in the f'n air!!!!     AAAaaaahhhhhhhhh   <dismount so critter takes no damage...realize I have no chute>>

Para lives...I splat.  And happen to have mostly my best gear on.    And, teleport is apparently still bugged and puts you in the center of the map  ROFL.

Respawn, jump on Storme (my main argent) and sprint towards 50, 50.  

I get there, just in time for two white rexes to find the parasaur...argent airstrike commences...   Too late for the para, though.  Get the saddle, cannot find my body.  

So I flew back to BR base, start rreplacing gear...and 207 hits.

Time to update server...server updates, come back in...this time grab parachutes; decide to not turn on godmode and will now attempt raptor halo drop  

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So I log in and Leah hollers that she got one of my raptors stuck.  And, that eagle and torch both tried to get it free but...was still there.  She was apparently upset about it...and well, I wasn't.  Figured worst case, I'd shoot it and go get one.  <<shrugs>>

But, I'm the admin soooooo...knew there were supposedly things I could do....so, I started reading.

But, I didn't.  I get there and see that not only my raptor but, Fern, Leah's parasaur stuck in that hole.  Tried to get on the raptor...couldn't...parasaur in the way.  So, got on the para, turned on cheats.  Got some map coordinates, and teleported.

OMGWTFBBQ...I'm in the f'n air!!!!     AAAaaaahhhhhhhhh   <dismount so critter takes no damage...realize I have no chute>>

Para lives...I splat.  And happen to have mostly my best gear on.    And, teleport is apparently still bugged and puts you in the center of the map  ROFL.

I get there, just in time for two white rexes to find the parasaur...argent airstrike commences...   Too late for the para, though.  Get the saddle, cannot find my body.  

Time to update server...server updates, come back in...this time grab parachutes; decide to not turn on godmode and will now attempt raptor halo drop  

View Quote

lol....

Was it successfull in the end?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

lol....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol....

Yes, Strykewolf Raptor is alive and well and no longer stuck in a hole.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#17]
server updating, should be back up shortly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Server coming back up.

And, dammit Jatobi...when are you coming back...  
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol....

Yeah...managed to teleport, unass the raptor, and pop 'chute this time.  

Worked well.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Server coming back up.

And, dammit Jatobi...when are you coming back...  
View Quote

When I can run the game without lagging again lol.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#22]

You gots da bling thing going on.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#23]

For Eagle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Stupid fucking bronto platform.

It wont let me build without foundations... then i relog and it lets me plop a forge on the deck, but then I walked back and the stone foundation/ladder detaches and just hovers there.

Fuck the bronto platform, i want my mats back.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Okay..the longlost sharks in the main base lagoon are free.

((Sorry it took me this long to figure some things out, guys.  ))

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/423692186782456013/5B3985CD53A8FE2A0D2310A31D98F3A46117428B/

Stupid fucking bronto platform.

It wont let me build without foundations... then i relog and it lets me plop a forge on the deck, but then I walked back and the stone foundation/ladder detaches and just hovers there.

Fuck the bronto platform, i want my mats back.
View Quote

Looks like an aircraft carrier, bro.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Okay..the longlost sharks in the main base lagoon are free.

((Sorry it took me this long to figure some things out, guys.  ))

View Quote

Yipee they are free!
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok...not sure whos Spino was named maverick, but just got a death message?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Think that would be Maki's, he mentioned using topgun for names for some critters.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Think that would be Maki's, he mentioned using topgun for names for some critters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was.  We went diving for pearls and oil, and he decided he didn't want to follow me...  There went another one...
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Server down for a quick patch to fix some bugs that got introduced with 208.

Server back up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Think the issue with trying to pain is related to local internet, as well.  Attempt to reconnect has failed 7 times, so far.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#36]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wheres the dinosnores??
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wheres the dinosnores??
View Quote

Hmmmm?

Haven't logged in as yet; reading the patch notes while my pc updates....then jumping in to see who is on to let them know that server needs an update.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hmmmm?

Haven't logged in as yet; reading the patch notes while my pc updates....then jumping in to see who is on to let them know that server needs an update.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wheres the dinosnores??

Hmmmm?

Nooooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nooooooooooooooooo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wheres the dinosnores??

Hmmmm?

Nooooooooooooooooo

AHHHHH, i made a big mistake this morning playing with paint....I didnt know you couldnt paint everything...I logged off in disgust, and now I have to wait to fix!

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Well, that figures; unable to see server through steam after patch.  Sooooo, if anyone is in, let folks know to get to a safe point and log.  Need to bring the server down for update
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well, that figures; unable to see server through steam after patch.  Sooooo, if anyone is in, let folks know to get to a safe point and log.  Need to bring the server down for update
View Quote

I was on 30 minutes ago and it was quiet
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Server down for Update, should be back up shortly.

(ETA)

Current Version: v209.1
* Fixed Raft HP not being networked to Clients
* Fixed some Ladder physics-networking issues for smoother climbing
* Fixed a case where you could appear detached from your Dino when riding it
209.0:
* Pachy will now collide with each other, and their torpor inducement has been buffed about 20%
* You can now paint doors again
* Compass is now oriented properly when riding a Dino
* Rafts can't starve anymore
* AI Dinos won't try to harvest unharvestable resources anymore (i.e. too-large rocks etc)
* User Config values shouldn't get clobbered anymore
* Respawning at Beds on loaded Raft/Platforms will no longer result in spawning at origin
* Invisible dinos on Rafts/Platforms should be resolved
* Crash callstacks are now written to text file on disk for better reporting (you can grab them off your remote dedicated server's hard drive, etc)
* Bronto Rider Platform Driver position is now correct across save-games
* Fixed a cae where Dinos couldn't harvest resources when attacking
* Fixed a Weapon Ammo issue
* Fixed Flyers attachment standing on Rafts/Platforms
* Eliminated the extra forward-walking on ground of Tamed Flyers after they land
* Fixed Rafts super-bobbing and flying off into space
* Fixed Rafts/Brontos getting stuck on their own structures, they can now always move properly.
* Added a MaxKillZ as a failsafe in case anyone gets stranded in-orbit (will still resolve any such cases individually)
* Fixed inability to Claim dinos that had transponders on them
* Made Ladders not prevent movement (allow collide-and-slide) if they're not attached to a moving platform (helps resolve some cases of stuck-on-ladders)
* Applying Painting Templates no longer can consume the durability non-paintbrush items ;)
* Reduced Assault Rifle Per-Shot Durability cost by 50%
* Removed the "Buggy" (heh heh) Vehicle from the build for now until we resolve the stability of multiple asynchronous PhysX substeps
View Quote

Updating to 209.1 -
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Server patched; coming back up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Eliminated the extra forward-walking on ground of Tamed Flyers after they land
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#45]
2v1 with Alpha Rex, L9 was doable.  Took Isabella, and Elric to 50% health, though...so that was about 5k damage (2500 each), total.   Glad I told the kitty I had tamed to stay  
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Eliminated the extra forward-walking on ground of Tamed Flyers after they land

Nice.

Finally I hated that shit
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a new friend.

Also that is a lot of fish in one place.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I have a new friend.

http://i.imgur.com/AglCImO.jpg?1

Also that is a lot of fish in one place.

http://i.imgur.com/NlGb6eI.jpg?1
View Quote

I call that the fishery.  Looks like the spot on the West beach.  Repopulates every couple hours so its really unlimited meet that is just about walking depth and you dont have to worry about them leaving because its really just a pond.

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone seen a death message for a raptor named Maahes? I can't find him anywhere and last night a spino got into my base (that was the motivation for me to finish my walls).
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#50]
The Machined Sniper Rifle is on it’s way and will be ready quite soon, it’ll also include the new Tranquilizing Darts!

Naval Mines will be coming to an ARK near you! :D

“Could we also get an auto close feature on dino gates where you can set a timer, I hate having to dismount to close the gate each time I leave.”

Answer:
Good idea! We’ll definitely support this soon for all doors.

Survivor, Tarqy also asks, “Another question, we have primitive crafting stations, and a few moddern ones; will we be getting stone/medval tier and modern versions of the Forge, Cookpot, and Mortar & Pestle like we have with the Industrial Grill/Campfire and Preserving Bin/Fridge? and when might we be able to look forward to these?”

Answer:
Yup! We’ll have modern versions of all those coming ip, each with some new capabilities of their own!

Survivor, Grave asks, “I must ask once more.. when can expect the frog? When will you make my dreams come true?”
Answer:

It’ll come with the Swamp Biome, this month!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/3l9m0g/digest_introducing_the_manta_ark_digest_16/
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top