Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
it's after our end date, but y'all might want to check this out...  I just registered...  can't do 100 pullups, but I'll do something else instead and will do my best at the rest...  

anybody want to do this with me?

http://mdmfundraiser.com/

it's best to do that in rounds;

20 rounds of
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 squats
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]

thanks for dinner!!  what are you gonna have?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He sends me pics like that all the time. Damn tease.

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He sends me pics like that all the time. Damn tease.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
one week left folks!! use it wisely to drop those last few pounds!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be lucky to be at where I started.  Life has been the suck.  I need to be in the gym 3-4 days a week, but have only being getting in 2.  I am noticeably stronger, lifts have improved, and I did a little garbage circuit(30 walking lunges with 15# medicine ball, 5 pull ups, 10 leg lifts X3) last night that would have killed me a couple of months ago and barely broke a sweat.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll be lucky to be at where I started.  Life has been the suck.  I need to be in the gym 3-4 days a week, but have only being getting in 2.  I am noticeably stronger, lifts have improved, and I did a little garbage circuit(30 walking lunges with 15# medicine ball, 5 pull ups, 10 leg lifts X3) last night that would have killed me a couple of months ago and barely broke a sweat.

Don't feel bad. I think my weight is at the exact same weight, if not a pound or two more.

But, I have gained muscle in my legs, so I am not really complaining.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't feel bad. I think my weight is at the exact same weight, if not a pound or two more.

But, I have gained muscle in my legs, so I am not really complaining.

mmmmm, compass legs....
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My legs are doing great and if I shaved them and did some fake bake tan it would be really noticable.

I really need to have three good days for weights and two for cardio.

I'll take the gains in lifting and scratch for the cardio as life evens out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

me, too - work has been insane...  but as long as we remember that this is just one segment of the journey, we're good to go.  

I have a couple of 5Ks in May that I want to run - have never run a whole one before - so that, too, is my "success."  

if you have had crazy days and haven't gained fat, you've succeeded.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 12:52:55 AM EDT
[#12]
so........ we have to have final pics in next weekend, right?  end date of 4/14?
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
so........ we have to have final pics in next weekend, right?  end date of 4/14?

that makes sense; i don't know where i got 4/11 from . let's go 23:59 on 4/14
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I am fighting to get to some routine again.  Good workout today, but it kicked my butt.  Squats 5X5 190#, Bench 110#, Row #130.  The squats are getting heavy and I got sloppy.  Need to work this weight for awhile and clean things up.

I saw two new things today at the gym....

A guy was doing something like quarter squats in the smith machine, but the weird part was his form.  High bar position, feet close together, and he buckled and I mean intentionally buckled his knees in.  I have always pushed my knees out.  What was he working or was it just bad form?

The other one was also squat related.  Standing on the half ball thing doing squats.  Again, what benefit is there over a regular squat?

Damn I need to hammer cardio.  5ks are coming up and I need to get it together.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am fighting to get to some routine again.  Good workout today, but it kicked my butt.  Squats 5X5 190#, Bench 110#, Row #130.  The squats are getting heavy and I got sloppy.  Need to work this weight for awhile and clean things up.

I saw two new things today at the gym....

A guy was doing something like quarter squats in the smith machine, but the weird part was his form.  High bar position, feet close together, and he buckled and I mean intentionally buckled his knees in.  I have always pushed my knees out.  What was he working or was it just bad form? - no idea on this one

The other one was also squat related.  Standing on the half ball thing doing squats.  Again, what benefit is there over a regular squat? - some would say that having to maintain your balance while squatting works your legs & core more. others would say that this is stupid and a great way to injure yourself, especially if you're using weights. YMMV

Damn I need to hammer cardio.  5ks are coming up and I need to get it together.

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]
did an hour of Combat tonight (extreme cardio fighter - LOL - the names of these things...) and it felt great...  circle pushups and circle crunches to finish up...

I haven't been nearly as consistent as I should have been these 90 days, but I'm not quitting...................................
Link Posted: 4/9/2013 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 4/9/2013 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I walked my tire for a mile & a half today. That sucked ass

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I walked my tire for a mile & a half today. That sucked ass

o.
m.
g.

you are hard core... either that, or you hate yourself.  I haven't figured it out yet...  

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#21]
got my yellow belt at Judo tonight. Had a great sweat afterwards too. I was tested right at the beginning of class and aside from some jitters at first, everything went very smoothly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
got my yellow belt at Judo tonight. Had a great sweat afterwards too. I was tested right at the beginning of class and aside from some jitters at first, everything went very smoothly.

Good job!

Tonites workout:

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]
don't forget, pics & results need to be in by 23:59 EST tomorrow nite!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

just sent mine.......  you can see a difference if you look really hard...  I definitely did not give it my all, and I would totally blame sfax39, but I was the one initiating the indulgent food half the time........

the love handles went down a little bit...  if you look really closely.................  

I do feel stronger, though, and I can go longer in my workouts...  gonna keep at it and slowly, slowly, I'll get the body I want.......
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

just sent mine.......  you can see a difference if you look really hard...  I definitely did not give it my all, and I would totally blame sfax39, but I was the one initiating the indulgent food half the time........

the love handles went down a little bit...  if you look really closely.................  

I do feel stronger, though, and I can go longer in my workouts...  gonna keep at it and slowly, slowly, I'll get the body I want.......

I said something similar in my email, that you can see a slight change...not much of one, but it's there!

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

MS. Donne, recall I said 9 months. Give mne nitne motnsts. November. Then we'll see. This 3 or 4 motnth is too short. Long term, myu lass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I said something similar in my email, that you can see a slight change...not much of one, but it's there!

amen, sister...  every positive change counts as a win in my book.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
MS. Donne, recall I said 9 months. Give mne nitne motnsts. November. Then we'll see. This 3 or 4 motnth is too short. Long term, myu lass.

90 days was enough in 2009...  I just lacked the "courage of my convictions" this go-round...  and yeah, 9 months is better, but when I think of it that way, I procrastinate or get overwhelmed...  short-term, minor changes really do work better for me...

this is a more dedicated 90 days:
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I just sent my pics.  Relatively strong start, then hurt my neck and the physical therapist said stop everything and only do the exercises he prescribed.  Fixed neck, and I changed jobs which made the convenient gym no longer convenient, so I dropped out of that and sporadically worked out at home for the rest of the time.

5 lbs lost (I guess I should have weighed myself this morning to get a few more lbs!)  I've promised a friend that I'd run at least the half marathon w/ him in Oct, so I've got to stay doing SOMETHING until then!  that'll keep me going.

K
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just sent my pics.  Relatively strong start, then hurt my neck and the physical therapist said stop everything and only do the exercises he prescribed.  Fixed neck, and I changed jobs which made the convenient gym no longer convenient, so I dropped out of that and sporadically worked out at home for the rest of the time.

5 lbs lost (I guess I should have weighed myself this morning to get a few more lbs!)  I've promised a friend that I'd run at least the half marathon w/ him in Oct, so I've got to stay doing SOMETHING until then!  that'll keep me going.

K

I didn't get yours

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

K

and THAT is the key.  this was a window of time...  a snapshot.  it was not the be all, end all...  keep moving, keep lifting, keep going...  you can do it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Excuses are just that. Show me more. I'll show you more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#33]
my after pics make me also. i definitely gained muscle, but i'm still not where i want to be. two months till beach season.....

waiting for kmmuellr to respond before i post pics.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Voting open to the public this time around?

Link Posted: 4/15/2013 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

i solicited a couple of judges before the shindig started. i'm still waiting for the sent pics to be resent
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 1:29:31 AM EDT
[#36]
i'm definitely not pleased with what i've done, and i know it's my own damn fault. I need to stop snacking. Need to stop buying bags of chips and dips.
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i'm definitely not pleased with what i've done, and i know it's my own damn fault. I need to stop snacking. Need to stop buying bags of chips and dips.

you DON'T need to stop snacking.  you DO need to stop buying crap food.  you need to snack on stuff your body can use efficiently and effectively.

(and we ALL struggle with that...  you're not alone... once you cleanse your tastebuds, it gets easier...  and even though we all know that, we still grab the bad stuff...  but each day, you start fresh. each day you can choose to honor your body.  make it today.)
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i solicited a couple of judges before the shindig started. i'm still waiting for the sent pics to be resent

Ahh, OK.  

Best of luck to everyone!  

Link Posted: 4/16/2013 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#39]
so, of course, now that the competition is over, and I'm disappointed in my own performance, I'm back to tracking my food, and the hubs and I went on a long walk tonight (and yes, long is relative - 2.4 miles for 7,769 steps)...  

whatever it takes to eventually reach the goal, right?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#40]
has anybody been in contact with kmmuellr? he posted that he sent his pics in but i didn't receive them.....

if i don't hear from him by tomorrow nite i'll post the ones that i have
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
has anybody been in contact with kmmuellr? he posted that he sent his pics in but i didn't receive them.....

if i don't hear from him by tomorrow nite i'll post the ones that i have

Same thing every time. Post them up, he forfeits.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#42]
So you guys are officially extending this to 9 months? Sweeeeet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So you guys are officially extending this to 9 months? Sweeeeet.

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
my after pics make me also. i definitely gained muscle, but i'm still not where i want to be. two months till beach season.....

waiting for kmmuellr to respond before i post pics.....

Sorry, been offline.  Checking my sent-items....

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Sent to [email protected] at 9:25 pm Sunday.  Is that where I should have sent them?

K
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Just re-sent.

K
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just re-sent.

K

Got them. Standby to standby

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#48]
results are posted and the judges have been notified via IM.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

results are posted and the judges have been notified via IM.

Oops, forgot all about this contest.  Just went and snapped a pic!  P.S.  pay no attention to the dirty counter top...was in a hurry.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll slap some after pictures up this week.  I wasn't in for anything other than motivation.  Life has not been playing too nice as of late and I'll be happy to end where I started weight wise.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top