[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am seriously interested in having a lifetime membership but everytime I go to become one it says sold out. I have learned more on this forum in the last month than I did in four years in the Marine Corps. When will be the next time these memberships will be available? I wouldn't join the site any other way I like to pay once and be done with it.

If you want to be a member here, you might want to read up on subjects prior to asking others to answer questions, where answers are readily available.

The answer to your question is in this thread....but...apparently you didn't bother looking for it.

One more limited run of lifetime memberships is likely to occure in the first quarter of 08. If you're paying attention, you might be able to grab one then.

Page 9, meet Huggies. Huggies, please say hello to page 9............

Quoted:
No more at this time.

There's an update on a possible second batch in the team forum. The summarize, we most likely will do another batch of 100 after SHOT, but once those are gone there will be no further Lifetime memberships made available in 2008 nor the foreseeable future.

Dude, a little harsh on our young Jarhead there.

TXL

Simply crediting him with the ability to read like the rest of us. Occupation isn't an issue here with all due respect. Truly didn't mean to be harsh.....just to the point.

Believe it or not I do have the ability to read, though if I was required to read anything before posting a comment then this discussion should have been posted under somthing like: Comments? Discuss Here after reading all the pages. By definition a discussion is a consideration of a question in an open and usually informal debate. In response to your comment: "If you want to be a member here, you might want to read up on subjects prior to asking others to answer questions, where answers are readily available," I don't consider page 9 of a twelve page thread to be very "readily available."As I had posted before, I have learned more on this forum in the last month than I did in four years in the Marine Corps and only doing so by reading not typing. None the less thanks for the answer though it leaves me wondering if I should even drop a dime let alone $300 on this forum if all I get is answers like yours.

Lighten up a little and you'll be just fine.

M4:
I don't post much on this forum in the decade or so that I have perused it, but if you (and others like you) practiced what you are preaching, this post would not have swelled with unnecessary prose.  

Perhaps next time you could just post a reply stating "see Pg 9."  Such a response very likely would have prevented the waste of time, energy and screen space of others that the original quoted post above and your replies have become.

The value of this forum is the acquisition and sharing information that is pertinent and expensive to obtain alone.

The arrogant attitude replete in replies such as yours merely clouds (and thus detracts) from the value of this forum.  While there may be a time and place for such responses, this is not it.

Moreover, it is asinine and insulting to the intelligence of everyone (including your own) for you to accuse the person who was the target of your unacceptable conduct of having your obvious shortcomings.

So if you and others like you would do us all a favor, please follow your own advice: lighten up, refrain and let the information flow in a cordial if not professional manner.

The floor is yours, please use it wisely.

-MC

A) You clearly want to publicly stand on your soap box for all to see, otherwise, you'd have followed your own advice and PMed me your comments rather than continuing the trend in this thread you stated you don't care for.

B) Reading prior to asking questions is not asking too much of anyone here. Its SOP across the board and when people don't, they'll get reminded. ...and that includes you.

C) Your suggestion of me to  simply post "see page 9" would indicate that it is my job to direct those who choose to not read...which it is not.

D) This "need" of yours to post the lengthy post in this forum, and in this thread is entirely hypocritical of your statement "Such a response very likely would have prevented the waste of time, energy and screen space .

E) I answered Huggies question in my post. I gave him the info he was seeking, along with a suggestion to do his own reading. Don't like the suggestion? Tough shit.

To Huggies, if you were truly offended/annoyed I apologize. I simply don't get offended at "internet stuff" and I may assume others feel as I do and wont be offended. I may get briefly irked, but thats about it. Again, I apologize and thanks for your service.

TxLewis, thanks for the "check"....respectfully noted.

Serbspaniard, there's a PM button. Useful for not continuing the clutter on threads you feel have been derailed. Look in to it....and lighten up.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Link Posted: 1/30/2008 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I believe that most of the people who frequent this forum on a somewhat regular basis will read an entire thread (even if it's 30+ pages) before posting in it......

Well said.
Link Posted: 1/31/2008 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Please let me know if/when these become available again.

I've been around here for (what seems like) a lifetime but never stepped to the plate.

Sincerely,

Mike
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I want one!!!!! ARGH!
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Sooooo...SHOT's over..........might be a good time to let a few more life memberships out of storage....
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sooooo...SHOT's over..........might be a good time to let a few more life memberships out of storage....

Maybe after the first of the month.  <cough, cough />
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am seriously interested in having a lifetime membership but everytime I go to become one it says sold out. I have learned more on this forum in the last month than I did in four years in the Marine Corps. When will be the next time these memberships will be available? I wouldn't join the site any other way I like to pay once and be done with it.

If you want to be a member here, you might want to read up on subjects prior to asking others to answer questions, where answers are readily available.

The answer to your question is in this thread....but...apparently you didn't bother looking for it.

One more limited run of lifetime memberships is likely to occure in the first quarter of 08. If you're paying attention, you might be able to grab one then.

Page 9, meet Huggies. Huggies, please say hello to page 9............

Quoted:
No more at this time.

There's an update on a possible second batch in the team forum. The summarize, we most likely will do another batch of 100 after SHOT, but once those are gone there will be no further Lifetime memberships made available in 2008 nor the foreseeable future.

Dude, a little harsh on our young Jarhead there.

TXL

Simply crediting him with the ability to read like the rest of us. Occupation isn't an issue here with all due respect. Truly didn't mean to be harsh.....just to the point.

Believe it or not I do have the ability to read, though if I was required to read anything before posting a comment then this discussion should have been posted under somthing like: Comments? Discuss Here after reading all the pages. By definition a discussion is a consideration of a question in an open and usually informal debate. In response to your comment: "If you want to be a member here, you might want to read up on subjects prior to asking others to answer questions, where answers are readily available," I don't consider page 9 of a twelve page thread to be very "readily available."As I had posted before, I have learned more on this forum in the last month than I did in four years in the Marine Corps and only doing so by reading not typing. None the less thanks for the answer though it leaves me wondering if I should even drop a dime let alone $300 on this forum if all I get is answers like yours.

Lighten up a little and you'll be just fine.

M4:
I don't post much on this forum in the decade or so that I have perused it, but if you (and others like you) practiced what you are preaching, this post would not have swelled with unnecessary prose.  

Perhaps next time you could just post a reply stating "see Pg 9."  Such a response very likely would have prevented the waste of time, energy and screen space of others that the original quoted post above and your replies have become.

The value of this forum is the acquisition and sharing information that is pertinent and expensive to obtain alone.

The arrogant attitude replete in replies such as yours merely clouds (and thus detracts) from the value of this forum.  While there may be a time and place for such responses, this is not it.

Moreover, it is asinine and insulting to the intelligence of everyone (including your own) for you to accuse the person who was the target of your unacceptable conduct of having your obvious shortcomings.

So if you and others like you would do us all a favor, please follow your own advice: lighten up, refrain and let the information flow in a cordial if not professional manner.

The floor is yours, please use it wisely.

-MC

A) You clearly want to publicly stand on your soap box for all to see, otherwise, you'd have followed your own advice and PMed me your comments rather than continuing the trend in this thread you stated you don't care for.

B) Reading prior to asking questions is not asking too much of anyone here. Its SOP across the board and when people don't, they'll get reminded. ...and that includes you.

C) Your suggestion of me to  simply post "see page 9" would indicate that it is my job to direct those who choose to not read...which it is not.

D) This "need" of yours to post the lengthy post in this forum, and in this thread is entirely hypocritical of your statement "Such a response very likely would have prevented the waste of time, energy and screen space .

E) I answered Huggies question in my post. I gave him the info he was seeking, along with a suggestion to do his own reading. Don't like the suggestion? Tough shit.

To Huggies, if you were truly offended/annoyed I apologize. I simply don't get offended at "internet stuff" and I may assume others feel as I do and wont be offended. I may get briefly irked, but thats about it. Again, I apologize and thanks for your service.

TxLewis, thanks for the "check"....respectfully noted.

Serbspaniard, there's a PM button. Useful for not continuing the clutter on threads you feel have been derailed. Look in to it....and lighten up.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

I LOVE this place !!  We can find something to fight about even in a discussion of Lifetime Memberships.

5sub

Link Posted: 2/27/2008 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Am I too late to get in on these lifetime memberships?
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yep, it ended Sunday.

smartass
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/28/2008 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it ended Sunday.

smartass

Omg really?? did i miss it again?? i knew some were gonna pop out after shot show.. but did i miss it again ????????
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it ended Sunday.

smartass

Omg really?? did i miss it again?? i knew some were gonna pop out after shot show.. but did i miss it again ????????

No, NOT "really" !!

Don't believe we've heard anything regarding any new Lifetime membership releases.

5sub
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Well its ok i just got myself a bronze membership and if the Lifetimes come back on i'll get one then!
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Well ...... they still aren't for sale, but the price just got jacked 67%  ($200).  Maybe this is in anticipation  of a batch release?

Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well ...... they still aren't for sale, but the price just got jacked 67%  ($200).  Maybe this is in anticipation  of a batch release?

Damnit.  what the hell, did an oil refinery blow up or something?  

Lifetime Membership, or helping CavArms....  

Can't buy both at that price.

And I was really really wanting to jump on a life membership.

Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
All-

SNIP

Know what man?

Perks or no perks from you guys, it was worth the $300.00.  Actually it's worth much more.

I sit here at my desk and read a lot - probably 4 hrs a day (not all 4 hrs at the desk - probably sit here 2 hrs a day).  I get all my news from the web.  I rarely turn on the TV.

I'll leave ARFCOM open, and drop in every so often during my "desk stay."

Thanks again for all you folks do.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Only 99 left
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#19]
It took me about 2 seconds to say hell yes to $300 the first time I saw it avaiable.

$500 would have been the exact same reaction time.

Thanks for letting 100 more in, 50-60 of the original guys who got the lifetime drive me nuts, we need more in the LIFETIME MEMBER FORUM!!!!!!

TXL
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#20]
oops, make that 51-61,  what with The Reaper joining in.

Seriously, is no one screening these people???!!!???

Good job Reaper!!!!

TXL
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#21]
wish I could get one..........dang it.

anyone wanna buy some shirts???  
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
oops, make that 51-61,  what with The Reaper joining in.

Seriously, is no one screening these people???!!!???

Good job Reaper!!!!

TXL

Thank you, Thank you.  

Now I have that out of the way, I have to get my coworker to hook me up with
his buddy FFL so I can get a CavArms lower, or two.

unless I can order them now, and worry about the FFL stuff later.

Link Posted: 3/1/2008 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#24]
After going "all-in" for two Cav Arms lowers today, I could probably only afford to put a down payment on a Lifetime Membership right now.

That said, I'm going to file my taxes this week and (due to poor planning on my part) I should be getting some of my money back.

Hopefully I can still get in on this while the gettin' is good.....

Regardless, I don't begrudge any of you bastards who are able to get in on this.  Even if one of you sorry mother fuckers happens to get the last one, right before I do.

We're still all brothers-in-arms.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
After going "all-in" for two Cav Arms lowers today, I could probably only afford to put a down payment on a Lifetime Membership right now.

That said, I'm going to file my taxes this week and (due to poor planning on my part) I should be getting some of my money back.

Hopefully I can still get in on this while the gettin' is good.....

Regardless, I don't begrudge any of you bastards who are able to get in on this.  Even if one of you sorry mother fuckers happens to get the last one, right before I do.

We're still all brothers-in-arms.

I had to charge it on a credit card, and I'll have to pay for it later.

No way in hell these will be around long.  A LOT of people wanted in on it the last time.
I'm sure they will charge it too.

You might as well do it.  Everyone else is.  It will make you cool.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Thanks for letting 100 more in, 50-60 of the original guys who got the lifetime drive me nuts, we need more in the LIFETIME MEMBER FORUM!!!!!!

TXL

Is that Forum up and running now?

As usual, I miss everything...going to look.

This freaking Board is so big, there's areas I don't even know exist.

Link Posted: 3/1/2008 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#27]
It took me two seconds to make up my mind last time.  I don't post much, but i read this sight ALL the time!
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

.....................50-60 of the original guys who got the lifetime drive me nuts................

TXL

GLAD I'm not one of those 50-60 guys !!  

5sub
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
All-

A new batch of lifetime memberships were added to the store. Here's an attempt to answer some of the questions and comments that will inevitably come up.

WTF?!?!? Why are they $500?
Those that got in on the $300 memberships last year was a special because we needed to purchase hardware immediately. Obviously $300 is a bargain considering that it is a $100/yr membership; $500 is still a bargain... all of the funds go directly towards the support of the site, and this year has a number of new additions coming.

I'm not paying $500 for something that was $300!
No problem.

What do I get for $500?
For those that do choose to participate, the first obvious benefit is a lifetime platinum membership on the site. This is the same level membership that those who upgraded last year received. In addition, we will have a new forum, available only to lifetime members coming shortly. In addition, we reserve the right to add special perks to lifetime members along the way, so the full benefits of a lifetime membership are not yet known.

What is the new Lifetime Member Forum?
This new forum will allow lifetime members to have a little more say in the site. We may give them early access to new tools/functionality on the site, early access to special sales, and other such benefits through the forum, as well as solicit feedback and opinions about the site and development projects.

Damn, I just paid my membership, now what?
Anyone that has paid for their membership within 60 days of upgrading to a lifetime account can send us an email and we will refund you the original membership.

How many memberships are available?
We added 100 new lifetime memberships. Once these are gone, we do not anticipate any more in the future.

We recognize that those that purchase a lifetime membership do so because they want to help the site. We in turn will do our best to make sure your investment is worthwhile for you, and as mentioned we will make certain perks available when/where we can.

We appreciate all of those that pay for membership here, and all of that revenue goes towards improving the site. This year will be bringing more growth than perhaps all of the previous years combined in terms of new features, offerings, and functionality, and some of those projects are already starting to be deployed. There are many more coming, thanks to the support of all of our members, sponsors, advertisers, and dealers.

I like this idea.

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I added the lifetime to cart, but why is it now calculating sales tax? I know its because I'm in NY.

But I just upgraded to Gold last week and no tax was added? Anybody?
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#31]
An "IGNORE" button that screens out posters' posts is starting to sound like a good idea.

Sarcasm, laced with a bit of truth.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Bah...whatever.
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Bah...whatever.

Welcome to the club
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bah...whatever.

Welcome to the club

Thank you sir, much appreciated..I'm happy to now be part of it.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 2:44:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
All-

A new batch of lifetime memberships were added to the store. Here's an attempt to answer some of the questions and comments that will inevitably come up.

Those that got in on the $300 memberships last year was a special because we needed to purchase hardware immediately. Obviously $300 is a bargain considering that it is a $100/yr membership; $500 is still a bargain... all of the funds go directly towards the support of the site, and this year has a number of new additions coming.

No problem.

What do I get for $500?
For those that do choose to participate, the first obvious benefit is a lifetime platinum membership on the site. This is the same level membership that those who upgraded last year received. In addition, we will have a new forum, available only to lifetime members coming shortly. In addition, we reserve the right to add special perks to lifetime members along the way, so the full benefits of a lifetime membership are not yet known.

This new forum will allow lifetime members to have a little more say in the site. We may give them early access to new tools/functionality on the site, early access to special sales, and other such benefits through the forum, as well as solicit feedback and opinions about the site and development projects.

Anyone that has paid for their membership within 60 days of upgrading to a lifetime account can send us an email and we will refund you the original membership.

We added 100 new lifetime memberships. Once these are gone, we do not anticipate any more in the future.

We recognize that those that purchase a lifetime membership do so because they want to help the site. We in turn will do our best to make sure your investment is worthwhile for you, and as mentioned we will make certain perks available when/where we can.

We appreciate all of those that pay for membership here, and all of that revenue goes towards improving the site. This year will be bringing more growth than perhaps all of the previous years combined in terms of new features, offerings, and functionality, and some of those projects are already starting to be deployed. There are many more coming, thanks to the support of all of our members, sponsors, advertisers, and dealers.

Wow, here's the word from "the man" yet again!

Quit bitchin' and make a decision!  

B2

IMHO, I "got in cheap" for a LIFETIME membership several months ago.  Heck, my "AR15.com" membership had more than paid for itself before I bought into the "lifetime" thing.  

Hmm, if it makes you feel better, it's now fun to "give away" memberships.... I've done several!
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 3:05:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn,I could have swung $300,but with my truck slowly dying and having to get a new one I can't afford $500,as much as I think it's worth the money.

Is there an easy pay option like QVC ?

Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#37]
bumping this.

we need more lifetime members!
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd buy one now except for the fact that I bought one last year. Plus that NRA life membership thing that I just got thanks to Texas_Infidel's thread... I'm set for life now!
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
All-

No problem.

What do I get for $500?

I am in. Don't tell my Wife
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm in, bought one and thanks for offering these again.  I can't say how much I've learned here, thanks for all the effort.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I added the lifetime to cart, but why is it now calculating sales tax? I know its because I'm in NY.

But I just upgraded to Gold last week and no tax was added? Anybody?

I'll make sure to get the sales tax refunded on this for you. NYS is changing their laws to force vendors to collect sales tax on purchases, where in the past it was up to individuals to do so. (From 1992 Supreme Court decision.) With the change coming, we need to adjust how we handle tax and I totally forgot to remove tax on virtual purchases.

Awesome, thanks GB.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#44]
A lot of Team Members, such as myself, rarely venture out of the General discussion forum.

Is there a reason the lifetime option hasn't been mentioned there,
or should it be left to the Team forum for a day or two first?

Link Posted: 3/2/2008 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#45]
I gotta find $500.00 somewhere. Maybe knock over a liquor store.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#46]
I knew I should have suffered and paid the $300.  Now I have $300, and the $500 is unpossible.  

Shane
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#47]
The $300 I spent last fall was the best deal I have got in a long time and even at $500 it is one that is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Tried to buy one just now, and the store keeps hanging on me.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=3&t=681344

Sorry if I cross-posted this into the tech forum and sent an email to accounts@ar15 but I want to get in before they are all gone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Tried to buy one just now, and the store keeps hanging on me.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=3&t=681344

Sorry if I cross-posted this into the tech forum and sent an email to accounts@ar15 but I want to get in before they are all gone.

Click HERE

Click the "purchase" button.

At the VERY top of the next screen, click "checkout

Enter or verify your name/address/

Damn, after that step, I get an error message too.

Link Posted: 3/2/2008 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Click HERE

Click the "purchase" button.

At the VERY top of the next screen, click "checkout

Enter or verify your name/address/

Damn, after that step, I get an error message too.

Yep, I think we need His Goatness.

Good to see I'm not the only one with the error though.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top