Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2015 11:36:01 AM EDT
What's the cheapest people have been able to pick up a SIRT pistol for? Link? Anyone selling a used one in good condition?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been seriously contemplating buying one. Amazon has the polymer slide version with two 'mags' and a pair of glasses (??) for $219. I'm also looking at picking up a Laserlyte target to shoot at.
I asked Travis Haley about it at the class I took with him last week and he recommended it. His was the Pro, metal version though
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's the cheapest people have been able to pick up a SIRT pistol for? Link? Anyone selling a used one in good condition?
View Quote
You can contact them direct and ask about their instructor discount program. I have the high end SIRT pistol, but in hindsight, I realized the low-end one would have been fine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Last year I found that Amazon was cheaper than direct from SIRT. Might have been the free shipping (Azn) vs. pay for shipping difference but I seem to recall it was a $10-20 difference.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can contact them direct and ask about their instructor discount program. I have the high end SIRT pistol, but in hindsight, I realized the low-end one would have been fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the cheapest deal that I could find a year ago
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Be an NRA instructor and buy them with a group of friends.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the metal high end version and I've used the plastic version too. If you have the means the metal version feels more realistic in the hands the plastic one feels flimsy. However that's just a small issue not a deal breaker. This pistol is awesome and SIRT has been more than helpful with the one issue I've had.

I use it with the lazerlyte targets and I use it more to practice draw rather than trigger pull. The only real issue I have with this trainer is that the laser stays lit as long as the trigger is compressed. I have to force my self not to look at the laser while aiming. They have a kit I think for inferred laser that isn't visible to.the human eye but should still work with the lazerlyte targets.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one that I used for my BiL last week at the range, to tech him about drawing and reloads and presentation and reset.

They're great training aids.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I should add that the trigger on the SIRT feels like a real glock trigger. The trigger on the laserlyte pistols feel like toy guns. You could also get the laser bullets like the ones made by laserlyte or other companies but you'll have to prime the trigger every time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Best deal I was able to find is here: BOTACH SIRT.  I ordered the Performer version on 5 Jul and it arrived today.  Took longer than I would have liked but couldn't beat the price of $175 and free shipping.  Pro version is on sale as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:03:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Since this thread is still going...

I did some research on them.

If you get the SIRT or similar, there's a ton of software on ebay right now. You couple it with a web cam on an extension cord, and you can get it to register your shots.

I'm still looking for one that's inexpensive and slaves to a video projector for feedback...

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Since this thread is still going...

I did some research on them.

If you get the SIRT or similar, there's a ton of software on ebay right now. You couple it with a web cam on an extension cord, and you can get it to register your shots.

I'm still looking for one that's inexpensive and slaves to a video projector for feedback...

View Quote

Sounds interesting, if you find something please update.  I've seen some commercial products that sound similar but wee really expensive. Potential is there for sure
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wanted to post a follow-up on the SIRT pistol.  I found free training software called ShootOff  and bought the recommended Microsoft Webcam from Amazon for $27.  I set up the camera today and it makes an already good training tool great.  I've already identified some areas for improvement for me.  I think it is going to be a fantastic training aid for new/inexperienced shooters.

The biggest downside to the SIRT pistol is the lack of recoil.  Shooting controlled pairs with a SIRT pistol is a waste of time.  That said, I definitely recommend the purchase, just understand the limitations...there are things you simply can't do unless you go to the range.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#13]

I have the LASR training software and it is awesome.

https://lasrapp.com

Use code MARKLASR for 10% off LASR.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Just got mine used (polymer) off the bay for 190.

Better than retail, and better than the NRA/NLT discount.

I set up an alert and snagged it soon as it came up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top