Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 10:33:57 AM EDT
Looking at buying an in-house made integral from them. They have what I want, in house, no wait other than the F4. Otherwise my next best option is months to even get it to TX, then start the F4. I can't get to Houston to actually look at it though. Are they good to go?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
They had some issues back in the day but I believe they've turned their shop around. I have tremendous respect for Bill Pace (the owner) and I was an ammo salesman selling them ammo during their R&D on that integral suppressed rifle. It's a great rifle and I think it'll serve you well. If you feel good about your experience with them thus far, go for it.

I have one of their Rattler suppressors btw. Good suppressor but I bought too quickly. Probably wouldn't buy it again if I had the choice as it doesn't fit what I want to do with a suppressor. It's more of a magnum suppressor for a bolt gun. I need something lighter. Didn't know that in my early interest years for NFA...

Cheers!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What is your next best option?

A clever shop can ensure no delay to a week max even if bringing in from out of state, I do it all the time, you just need to know when and how to submit the Form3 and Form4.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is your next best option?

A clever shop can ensure no delay to a week max even if bringing in from out of state, I do it all the time, you just need to know when and how to submit the Form3 and Form4.
View Quote

Next best is SRT.. get on a waiting list out of state (3-4 months), ship my host gun, wait for it to be converted and F3 to my dealer, then start F4 process.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They had some issues back in the day but I believe they've turned their shop around. I have tremendous respect for Bill Pace (the owner) and I was an ammo salesman selling them ammo during their R&D on that integral suppressed rifle. It's a great rifle and I think it'll serve you well. If you feel good about your experience with them thus far, go for it.

I have one of their Rattler suppressors btw. Good suppressor but I bought too quickly. Probably wouldn't buy it again if I had the choice as it doesn't fit what I want to do with a suppressor. It's more of a magnum suppressor for a bolt gun. I need something lighter. Didn't know that in my early interest years for NFA...

Cheers!
View Quote

I have zero experience with them, hence asking about them on forum. They seemed to have had a public falling out with Sean Cody, which can be a plus or minus depending on your view, but that's about the only thing I've seen.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure about that. I just know they had internal issues back in 2013 that drew a lot of attention from the ATF. It was a result of some of their management at the time. Bill Pace had to get a little more hands on and now the management that caused the issue is gone. That's what I was referring to when I mentioned previous issues.

I'd say go for it. Go to their shot and handle the guns. Talk to their folks. They're good people.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not sure about that. I just know they had internal issues back in 2013 that drew a lot of attention from the ATF. It was a result of some of their management at the time. Bill Pace had to get a little more hands on and now the management that caused the issue is gone. That's what I was referring to when I mentioned previous issues.

I'd say go for it. Go to their shot and handle the guns. Talk to their folks. They're good people.
View Quote

My last problem is a sight unseen. I won't be able to go visit houston anytime soon. Same problem I have with SRT, but he's a known quantity .

So I'm sorta asking about the people (which you've answered) and the rifle itself, also which you kinda answered.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Their products continue to have a poor reputation in Houston, and I have met one of their gunsmiths, from that interaction alone I wouldn't buy from them.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
From what I have seen is that they have copied other manufacturers internals poorly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Which one are you getting?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#10]
SC, Interested in a 77/44 integral.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top