Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/6/2014 1:37:53 PM EDT
It’s happening!

Saturday October 11, 2014 will be the next Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon.

Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Event

Test yourself. Test your gear. Have FUN.

The October  2014 course of fire will still be similar to the prior events but will have some new twists and challenges.
This is a biathalon – not a 3 gun event. Shooters have to carry hump all the gear and water they intend to use during the course. The terrain is varied – dry (hopefully) creek beds, obstacles, hills that make you suck wind are all part of the experience.

The course is at least 4 miles long. Shooters may run or walk when participating - you choose the pace you want. Shooters use both pistol (carried loaded) and rifle (only loaded when actually shooting on a rifle stage). Scores are based on combined run time and shooting scores – with faster run times and faster completion of shooting drills resulting in higher overall scores. There will be a prize table.

February 2013 Stage 4 photo

February 2013 Stage 7 photo (now known as Stage 8 – The Speed Wall)

October 2013 Stage 4 photos

October 2013 Stage 7 photo

October 2013 Winner awards and prize drawings

Here are archived threads from the first and second events. Participants that chimed in after the event seemed like they had a good and safe time.
February 2013 Archived Zombie Destruction Thread

October 2013 Archived Zombie Destruction Thread

April 2014 Zombie Destruction Thread

Hope to see you there!

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy and I are in- already signed up!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
looks interesting. I may have to do it. In the past what has the general round count been (rifle wise)?

I have done the Pecos Run N Gun a few times so this looks like fun.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
im signed up already the last one was a blast to go to.

will have my own equipment on this one, thinking about GoPro'ing the event
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks interesting. I may have to do it. In the past what has the general round count been (rifle wise)?

I have done the Pecos Run N Gun a few times so this looks like fun.

View Quote

I will get a round count (number of hits required) for you. I've asked and am awaiting a response.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
thinking about GoPro'ing the event
View Quote

See you there!

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/f00K85BMj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/540/0K85BM.jpg</a>

See you there!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/f00K85BMj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/540/0K85BM.jpg</a>

See you there!

chest harness mount or rail offset mount for my rifle?

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you there!

Both

I'd do the rail offset. I always like that view.

Answer I was given for round count:

"The course is being fine tuned so we don't have an exact round count but a safe ballpark figure will be about 80 rifle rounds and 56 pistol rounds; give or take 10 rounds.  This will always be the estimated round count unless we do something drastic to the course."
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, that is more than reasonable (and an easy load) for a round count.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Me and a buddie are planning to drive down from Colorado for this. Any recommendations on places to stay?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me and a buddie are planning to drive down from Colorado for this. Any recommendations on places to stay?
View Quote

onsite

i slept in the bed of my truck both nites
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

onsite

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

onsite

That is what I was leaning towards. It's going to be a long drive so I would rather not have to drive to and from town too.

Any guess on how many people will be attending?

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

onsite

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

onsite

Good to hear that is common, throwing a tent out would be a good way for me to save $ and be more likely able to attend.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is what I was leaning towards. It's going to be a long drive so I would rather not have to drive to and from town too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

onsite

I think there were 80 contestants in the last one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Tickets ordered
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good to hear that is common, throwing a tent out would be a good way for me to save $ and be more likely able to attend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

onsite

With luck Scout will fire up the wood fired hot water heater. Nothing better than a good hot outdoor shower on Saturday after the day is over!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Ah yes, the "Jethro Bodine Memorial Shower" on site. You stand on a concrete pad (behind a privacy fence) and open a valve to allow water from a tank to gravity flow to a device that resembles a showerhead. There is a wood stove under the water tank set up to heat it. Sometimes there is a supply of water and wood, sometimes not. Sometimes someone bothers to start the fire. When the water is heated the shower is quite tolerable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Both

"The course is being fine tuned so we don't have an exact round count but a safe ballpark figure will be about 80 rifle rounds and 56 pistol rounds; give or take 10 rounds.  This will always be the estimated round count unless we do something drastic to the course."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See you there!

Both

I am assuming that is the minimum required to complete the stages not the recommended loadout right?

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I am assuming that is the minimum required to complete the stages not the recommended loadout right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is correct. At least 80 rifle round hits and 56 pistol round hits to successfully complete the course.

FYI - There is no rule that requires you to have all the ammo in mags - note the lever action guy in the first post. Between stages you may stop and top off mags if you wish. I call it a productive rest.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Are machine guns allowed? I realize that may not be the ideal firearm but it would be fun.

Are there caliber limitations or a power floor? ie. Can I use a .22 caliber pistol?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So can anyone with some experiance running this course give a ball park recomendation on rounds to carry?
That is correct. At least 80 rifle round hits and 56 pistol round hits to successfully complete the course.

FYI - There is no rule that requires you to have all the ammo in mags - note the lever action guy in the first post. Between stages you may stop and top off mags if you wish. I call it a productive rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So can anyone with some experiance running this course give a ball park recomendation on rounds to carry?

So can you guys some experience running this course give a ball park recommendation on total rounds to carry?

I was thinking 4x30 for rifle and 4x15 for pistol with some extra loose pistol ammo in the back pack.

So that would be 120 rifle and lets say 80ish pistol.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I carried about 150 rifle and 72 pistol. I'd carry more extra pistol than rifle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#22]
i had 6 pmags and 5 handgun mags 4 15rds and 1 20rd mag for my M&P,

i had a two and one half pmags left

and 3 pistol rounds total....

my objective this time around, is take more pistol ammo maybe even some extra rounds in my pocket.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are machine guns allowed? I realize that may not be the ideal firearm but it would be fun.

Are there caliber limitations or a power floor? ie. Can I use a .22 caliber pistol?
View Quote

Class 3 weapons are allowed but the course is designed for marksmanship.

22lr pistol is OK but hit verification may be an issue. It won't move a plate as well as a centerfire pistol.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Less than a month out now.

Very much looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Less than a month out now.

Very much looking forward to it.
View Quote

Really getting excited for this.

Scrambling to get the final touches done to my rig for the event and I still need to get some more loading done for the ar.

Fighting off a cold right now. Just glad I got it now and not right before the event.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Just signed on Can't wait
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Gonna go this year. NOT going to run my full plate carrier just use a stripped LBV with 4 mag pouches, 2 pistol mags, 10.5" SBR, boots, cammies, and a backpack full of peeps....

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
...and a backpack full of peeps....
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...and a backpack full of peeps....

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll go this year if I'm not too busy with classes.

I can't decide if I should run it with a plate carrier again, or go as lightweight as possible and try to get the fastest overall time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

-snip-

View Quote

Is this still the case?
Still trying to figure out pistol mag pouches
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is this still the case?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-snip-

Is this still the case?

I don't know why this is so proving so difficult for me. I can't make up my mind on how much to carry. I know I am way over thinking it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#33]
I haven't received a more specific course of fire just yet. I'll be at Battle Road this coming weekend for the Ghosts of Goliad event and will press the matter.

At each of the three prior Zombie Destruction events I carried 6 13 round pistol magazines and and 50 extra pistol rounds in a ziploc bag. After each pistol stage I stop, catch my breath and top off pistol mags quickly, then continue. There is no rule that says you may not do this. This way I arrive at each pistol stage will all my mags prepped. I'm not in the best shape so I just walk the course - stopping to top off mags won't make a real difference for me. I've never run out of ammo or time on pistol stages.

Likewise I've pretty consistently carried 7 rifle mags. First event I carried an AK74 with 7 mags. 2nd event an M4 with 7 mags. 3rd event I carried an HK91 with 7 20 rd mags. I'll carry 20 extra loose rifle rounds in a ziploc.

I've not yet run out of rifle ammo on the course.  

I have run out of time on the speed wall each time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I haven't received a more specific course of fire just yet. I'll be at Battle Road this coming weekend for the Ghosts of Goliad event and will press the matter.

At each of the three prior Zombie Destruction events I carried 6 13 round pistol magazines and and 50 extra pistol rounds in a ziploc bag. After each pistol stage I stop, catch my breath and top off pistol mags quickly, then continue. There is no rule that says you may not do this. This way I arrive at each pistol stage will all my mags prepped. I'm not in the best shape so I just walk the course - stopping to top off mags won't make a real difference for me. I've never run out of ammo or time on pistol stages.

Likewise I've pretty consistently carried 7 rifle mags. First event I carried an AK74 with 7 mags. 2nd event an M4 with 7 mags. 3rd event I carried an HK91 with 7 20 rd mags. I'll carry 20 extra loose rifle rounds in a ziploc.

View Quote

I'm thinking 7x M&p 17round mags and 7 ar mags. Then again, I can't decide to take the sig556+reddot or the franken rifle+PA1-6scope. ( leaning to placing the pa1-6 on the sig)

Also, any one having issues using an IWB pistol holster?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't know why this is so proving so difficult for me. I can't make up my mind on how much to carry. I know I am way over thinking it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-snip-

Is this still the case?

I have bad dreams about running out of ammo or having the wrong ammo so I ended up carrying way too much my first time (april 2014).  Carried 96 pistol, used 51.  Carried 140 rifle, used 79.  I am only a  fair shot and took my time.  Completed all stations and didn't miss too much.  Scoped AR and stock glock 19.    Will be running much lighter this time.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm thinking 7x M&p 17round mags and 7 ar mags. Then again, I can't decide to take the sig556+reddot or the franken rifle+PA1-6scope. ( leaning to placing the pa1-6 on the sig)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

id advise to take whichever is lighter.. at least that is my goal with my next run.

i used my raven concealment OWB holster and attached it to the molle webbing on my battle belt. i did really want anything attached to my belt since i was running with a battle belt.

7 pistol mags at 17rds a piece should get you through just fine, as long as your a decent shot. i rushed through my pistol stages a bit so i missed more than i would have liked to. but i made it through with 5 x 15rd mags.

i had 6 rifle mags and only used two and a half mags total i believe.

my only issue was weight, i ran the course the whole way, (well most of the way anyways) so i will be trying to carry two extra mags for the pistol and two less mags for my rifle.

but to add on to thomasplaster223's comment, when i ran the course you had a bit of a buildup on the first coupe stages. if you took extra rounds this would be the perfect time to reload your mags, since you are waiting in line, it will not effect your time running the course.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I carried 4x30 AR mags last time for a total of 120 rounds.  5x8 1911 mags plus a bag with the rest of the box for 100 rounds total handgun ammo.

I used 103 rifle rounds and 65 pistol rounds.  I almost cleared the rifle stations without missing, so 4 mags is about the minimum I'd carry.  I'll probably carry 5 next time.  I carried too much handgun ammo; I'll probably only bring 80 rounds next time.  Reloading pistol mags between stations was not an issue.  If anything, it gave me a chance to catch my breath.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#38]
October 2014 Zombie Destruction official "hits required" round count....

78 rifle round hits

63 pistol round hits
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
October 2014 Zombie Destruction official "hits required" round count....

78 rifle round hits

63 pistol round hits
View Quote

Course of fire is up
www.battleroadusa.com/zombie-biathlon-course-of-firefaqs.html
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#40]
At any time during this stage, if the shooter has more than 3 consecutive misses they will be disqualified and receive a score of 0 for this stage.
View Quote

That should keep the lines down
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
At any time during this stage, if the shooter has more than 3 consecutive misses they will be disqualified and receive a score of 0 for this stage.

speed wall... ohhhh yeah!!

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#42]
OK I made up my mind.

5x30 for the AR
4x15 + 50 loose for the pistol

150 Rifle
110 Pistol

See how it goes this time around.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone else plan on running the course? I'm trying to figure out how to carry mags in a configuration that won't flop around too much while running. I'm thinking a couple mags on the belt then everything else stashed in my Camelbak. I plan on carrying 4x30 round rifle mags and 5x15 pistol mags.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone else plan on running the course? I'm trying to figure out how to carry mags in a configuration that won't flop around too much while running. I'm thinking a couple mags on the belt then everything else stashed in my Camelbak. I plan on carrying 4x30 round rifle mags and 5x15 pistol mags.
View Quote

I can't decide if I'm going to go light and run it- I'd wear just a war belt and stash spare mags in my camelbak; or if I should wear my plate carrier again.

The plate carrier sucked and I couldn't run more than the first mile or so of the course.

I'll be carrying 4x30 rifle and 5x8 + spare ammo for pistol.

ETA: Are dogs welcome at the site?  I want to camp Friday night so I don't need to leave really early saturday, but I can't leave my dog at home alone that long.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#45]
I ran it twice before. Just took a camelbak, 4x30 AR, pistol x5 12 rd mags, 1 x20 rnd AR mag, and a extra box of 50 loose pistol in the camelbak. Wasn't that bad. Carried as much as I could on a chest rig.

Probably be too hot and humid to run it this time though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#46]
I can safely say that my Asian ass ain't running, fast walk will do.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's how I roll, I mean stroll.  

Sonoran - trying to find out on the dog thing. Landowner has dogs that are human friendly, but not friendly to other canines based on my observation.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sonoran - trying to find out on the dog thing. Landowner has dogs that are human friendly, but not friendly to other canines based on my observation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually considered bringing mine too, I figured it would be better if he was at my mums for the weekend.

Edit: rolling would consume less energy than strolling
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
...First event I carried an AK74 with 7 mags. 2nd event an M4 with 7 mags. 3rd event I carried an HK91 with 7 20 rd mags. I'll carry 20 extra loose rifle rounds in a ziploc.
View Quote

Thomas, are you going commie rifle this time?

One day I'll put on my big boy pants and roll m1a and 1911, but not this time. I'll have to get some different pouches for .308 mags first and get about 300-500% tougher than I am now. Back to the AR again for this softy.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#50]
thomasplaster223, stroll,    I,am gonna go for loiter
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top