Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/8/2014 9:15:16 AM EDT
I told myself I would not vote for him again, when he caved to the MSP, and did not push the Senate to pass the bill to end the handgun registry.

Since then we have reform in the handgun purchase process (Print the forms at dealer, and mail it in)
Suppressors
SBR and SBS.

Is that enough that I should reconsider?  The last two while great, really have little impact on me at this point, as I am not ready to chase signatures and year long waits.

Is there any progress that I am forgetting that should sway my choice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering if the other side get in, they are going to dismantle all the gains the state has made and probably make things worse. I did hear there was a welfare reform law that limited welfare recipients to only 4 years of welfare, but I am not sure what happened to that.

Either way, I am going to do what I usually do...mark "R" at the top, vote "no" on any new taxes or millage's, and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The bill that would have ended the registry was far from a "good" overall bill.  While it had some definite good parts to it, it created some other issues as well.  I would prefer to see that one not reintroduced, but almost completely rewritten.  

The good things you noted are definitely an improvement.  While some people don't like Snyder's methods, he did what he said he was going to do, and it was not the same old formula that was used in the past.  Some of it has been painful, but the state has been heading for issues for a long time. Either we'll have some pain now, or more pain later.  While I am not a huge fan of his, I can appreciate that he approaches running the government from a business perspective. Again, not the same old song and dance we usualy get from politicians on either side of the aisle.  

I have not decidd if I would vote for him for a second term.  I think (as usual, any more) it's going to be a matter of voting for the candidate who it appears will do the least amount of harm, rather than the most good.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#3]
SB 59.  Our open primaries give us mostly mush, like Snyder. I didn't vote for him last time around and unless someone can come up with a reason to vote for him as opposed to against the D, I'll just throw my vote away. I'll never vote for another democrat as long as I live, just on principal, but that does not translate to an automatic R vote, and I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish he had done more but there is no frigging way I would vote for some POS democrat.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
It blows my mind when people stay home because the Republican is a terd.  Rinos suck...  no doubt.  You know what sucks way more? The clown that gets in because you stayed home or just didn't vote.  You send no message by not voting. Conservatives stayed home because Mcain was a douche and they thought Palin was stupid...  Hussain was voted in almost exclusively for this.  What happened next?  Mitt friggen Romney....  so rino it wasnt even funny.  He was pro choice which pretty much meant the entire Christian population didnt vote for him.  Im pro life, ill still vote for a mitt romney claiming to have switched sides as opposed to a sworn pro choicer.

How soon you forget this state under granholm....  Our state has passed more pro gun law than any time ever before.  It was not long ago NFA was a SOT only affair here.  The bill that was supposed to pass right after sandy hook was a ill timed political disaster for anyone that touched it.  I dont blame him for not signing it.  Right or wrong it would have been the top story immediately following sandy hook coverage.

Bottom line, you like guns you vote R.  You dont vote its 1/2 a vote for the other guy no matter what high ground you think you stand on.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm voting against him but my reason has to do with taxes he raised.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Considering we're in a blue state with the most crime ridden city... i think we made some good strides.

A dem would surely dismantle everything.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't believe that voting for a Democrat is going to help with that.

Wait and see what they do with taxes.

What Snyder tax increase do you take issue with?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My retirement taxation.  I moved to the state and bought a house as my income wasn't taxed at the state level.  Now it is.  I've lived in other states, Michigan has the highest income tax and property taxes of any state I've lived in.

The also screwed around with the hunting license and fishing fees to where I have to pay for items I don't even use, doubling the cost you have to pay just to hunt or fish.  I likely will stop hunting now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The way I see it cuts had to be made to balance the budget. People tend to think that "some else" should be made to pay or sacrifice. Snyder, in my opinion made everyone take a bit of the good ole shit sandwich.

The gravy train has to come to an end and you can't make one person pay while the other guy gets to pass go and collect...

I'm good with his performance thus far. I'm not thrilled about his views on gun rights by any stretch of the imagination, but it's hard to agree 100% with anyone. Especially in politics.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Mark Schauer will kiss Obama's and Bloomberg's ass first chance he gets. Remembering what happened to the poor guys in Colorado, I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Snyder.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Snyder is getting my vote.  

Quit the frigg'n protest vote, or no vote tantrums...
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My retirement taxation.  I moved to the state and bought a house as my income wasn't taxed at the state level.  Now it is.  I've lived in other states, Michigan has the highest income tax and property taxes of any state I've lived in.

The also screwed around with the hunting license and fishing fees to where I have to pay for items I don't even use, doubling the cost you have to pay just to hunt or fish.  I likely will stop hunting now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of figured you might be retired.  

In my view, he didn't "raise taxes" on retirement income, he simply did the reasonable thing and ceased making it exempt from tax.  Frankly, he just put us on par with most other states in this regard.  Retirement income is not taxed on when you put it in, so if you don't tax it when you take it out, it goes completely untaxed.  Doesn't really make sense.  Retirement income is still treated in a preferential manner as it is not taxed when you put it in and it grows tax deferred.  

I prepare income tax returns for a living, and in my career have had clients that have lived in nearly all 50 states.  I can assure you that Michigan is far from the highest when it comes to income taxes.  I have clients that move to Florida where there is no income tax, but they still get hit with higher property taxes, sales taxes, licenses and fees, etc.  The states are all going to get you one way or another.  States that elect Democrats get hit harder.  Move to California, Illinois, New York, or Oregon and see what happens to your income tax.

Listen, I don't blame retired folks for being disappointed by the change in tax treatment for retirement income, but if you understand the legislative history behind how the exclusion came about in the first place, it makes it easier to understand why the change was made.  If we're going to have an income tax, then all income should be taxed.  If we start making exceptions for one class of citizens then it opens the door for another class of citizens to ask for their income to be excluded.  Sort of picking the winners and losers type of thing.  By making all income taxable, wer'e all losers together.  Don't get me wrong, I still think we tax and spend excessively, but I just want to see the system be as "fair" as it can be.

I don't necessarily expect to change your mind and you are entitled to vote any way that you see fit, but I don't think voting for Snyder's opponent is going to do anything to benefit our state or our 2nd amendment freedoms.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:00:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Being a native Michagander born and  bred in the Lansing area I will say Snyder has made Michigan a better place. The wife and I come home twice a year since we moved away five years ago, and have noticed our home state doing better every time we visit.  All I can say is the that the man has earned another term.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Some of us really need to lift up our heads from the party line, and open our eyes and look around at reality. One of the best ways to see what direction you are going is to look back at where you've traveled, and where you are currently headed. Conservative voters elected complete Republican controlled state government in 2010 - House, Senate, and Governor. That started out fine, fixing the state budget spending in mostly rational ways, although many objected to an increase in taxes on pensions. The legislature passed a Right to Work law, overcoming a year long resistance from the governor ("Not On My Agenda") and much screaming from the unions. Mr. Snyder was finally forced to sign it at the last minute, or he knew he'd have a revolt from the legislators after such a long and bloody fight. He had his motives: Since then, we've gotten Obamacare expansion, Common Core, vetoes from Mr. Snyder on voter ID laws and CPL law improvements, and more. What difference would there be if Mr. Bernero had been governor all this time? Without budget fixes, the State spending would have run out of money and ended one way or another, so unlike the U.S. government, Governor Bernero couldn't have kept that spree going. The same budget result would have come about eventually, and the Republican legislature would not have passed the whole parade of the Democrat legislative agenda, crowned by Obamacare expansion.

You can't fix the Democrat problem until you first fix the Republican problem. I'm a Republican precinct delegate, and I'm voting for the Democrat for governor, just to try and gridlock Lansing and prevent Snyder from doing any more damage. The Halbig decision is coming soon, and a term limited Governor Snyder will certainly be pushing for a state Obamacare exchange in 2015. We've already seen that enough Republican legislators will cave in and do as their leader tells them. Are you going to vote for that on November 4?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Held my nose and voted for him last time as he wasn't my choice in the primary. [we had much better candidates but thanks to MI's stupid open primaries, x over voting assures that the worst "R" choice will be picked] He's way to "progressive" for me and he loves to go after increased taxes over cutting spending. He got quashed on many of his tax increases [like doubling or tripling car registration fees] and I'm not trusting the "R" reps to vote against them again.  He's a social progressive with a hint of corporate cronyism tossed in, not pulling the lever for him again.

Dem is a snake but I think that a divided state govt ["R" house, "D" gov] that is blocked on both sides is probably the best thing next term.

Lets not forget he pushed for and put over 1/2 million people on the Medicaid roles and let everyone else pay for their obamacare.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some of us really need to lift up our heads from the party line, and open our eyes and look around at reality. One of the best ways to see what direction you are going is to look back at where you've traveled, and where you are currently headed. Conservative voters elected complete Republican controlled state government in 2010 - House, Senate, and Governor. That started out fine, fixing the state budget spending in mostly rational ways, although many objected to an increase in taxes on pensions. The legislature passed a Right to Work law, overcoming a year long resistance from the governor ("Not On My Agenda") and much screaming from the unions. Mr. Snyder was finally forced to sign it at the last minute, or he knew he'd have a revolt from the legislators after such a long and bloody fight. He had his motives: Since then, we've gotten Obamacare expansion, Common Core, vetoes from Mr. Snyder on voter ID laws and CPL law improvements, and more. What difference would there be if Mr. Bernero had been governor all this time? Without budget fixes, the State spending would have run out of money and ended one way or another, so unlike the U.S. government, Governor Bernero couldn't have kept that spree going. The same budget result would have come about eventually, and the Republican legislature would not have passed the whole parade of the Democrat legislative agenda, crowned by Obamacare expansion.

You can't fix the Democrat problem until you first fix the Republican problem. I'm a Republican precinct delegate, and I'm voting for the Democrat for governor, just to try and gridlock Lansing and prevent Snyder from doing any more damage. The Halbig decision is coming soon, and a term limited Governor Snyder will certainly be pushing for a state Obamacare exchange in 2015. We've already seen that enough Republican legislators will cave in and do as their leader tells them. Are you going to vote for that on November 4?
View Quote

I'm sorry, but we're never going to "fix the Republican problem" by voting for Democrats.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In my view, he didn't "raise taxes" on retirement income, he simply did the reasonable thing and ceased making it exempt from tax.  Frankly, he just put us on par with most other states in this regard.  Retirement income is not taxed on when you put it in, so if you don't tax it when you take it out, it goes completely untaxed.  Doesn't really make sense.  Retirement income is still treated in a preferential manner as it is not taxed when you put it in and it grows tax deferred.  

View Quote

He raised the taxes on pensions, I'm not talking about IRA's 401K plans.  Pensions don't continue to grow.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

So your logic is that in order to teach the red a lesson, you'll vote for the blue and fuck your entire state over and all your gun rights?

Your logic is to punish red because snyder may push for obamacare... when the blue already indicated that he fully supports ACA?

New York needs more citizens like you, I'll help you pack
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He raised the taxes on pensions, I'm not talking about IRA's 401K plans.  Pensions don't continue to grow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand, but pensions are "income."  Income on which you have never paid tax.  If you don't pay it when you take it out, then it never gets taxed.  If you get to exempt your income from tax, then why can't I exempt my income from tax?  You see the issue here?

It can be debated whether or not we should have an income tax, but as long as we have an income tax, then income is income and it should be taxed.  Once you start giving preferential treatment to one class of income, then others are going to want preferential treatment for their class of income.

Schauer is cleverly using this as a wedge issue, and it makes sense for him to do so considering that significant numbers of retired people vote.  But, like it or not, the system now in place is more fair.  Frankly, his position is just as shameful as if he were to give tax breaks to women, minorities, or other class of citizens just to win favor with them.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to vote against your own interest.  But, it can also be the noble thing to do.  Right is right, and fair is fair.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Snyder has done mostly what he said he would do. He kind of pissed in everyone's cereal, it was all good when it sounded like everyone else was going to eat it but now............

I'm in the age group that seems to be taking up the ass at every turn, first generation to do worse than parents, retirement taxes, social security (the largest pyramid scam ever) and  between Obamacare and and health insurance decrease in coverage, deductables and co pays that is a crippler right now at my house.

I'm not happy at all about any of it.
However as a state we have cleaned up a little.

Now they need to clean up the dole. Punt Obamacare.
The politicians pay, bennys, retirement, health plans, no paying on school loans for their kids (which most could probably pay with out ever missing it in a heartbeat) and all the other BS they get away with has to go.

Now, the vote thing as always it will be the lesser of the evils.

Remember Ross Perot, in my mind that was the start the down turn in this country when he pulled the vote away from Bush to get the CLINTONS in there and they are still haunting us.
Do you think if he got the majority of the public vote the Electoral College would have let him be the President??????????? Nope I don't.

Piss away your vote on a protest and see how it goes.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

While I do not necessarily agree. I see what you are saying. The greatest periods of growth in this country have come when the legislator was controlled by one party and the country was "led" by another party.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Still have not heard a single reason to vote FOR Snyder. I will not for any reason vote for any D, because fuck them. I'll gladly vote for Land, and Huizenga, and my local Rs, but I'll vote 3rd party for governor as it stands right now. I'm open to hearing any reasons to vote for rick, but voting against the D is just our version of the left blaming bush or Fox News. I voted for McCain and even Romney against my better judgment, and I will NOT do it again. Simply not being the D candidate isn't good enough any more.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
SB 59.  Our open primaries give us mostly mush, like Snyder. I didn't vote for him last time around and unless someone can come up with a reason to vote for him as opposed to against the D, I'll just throw my vote away. I'll never vote for another democrat as long as I live, just on principal, but that does not translate to an automatic R vote, and I'm not alone.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Mark Schauer will kiss Obama's and Bloomberg's ass first chance he gets. Remembering what happened to the poor guys in Colorado, I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Snyder.
View Quote

Funny you should mention that.  Snyder is a RINO and gladly  takes Bloomberg's  $$$$ (another guy who seems to have identity issues as to whether he is a Democrat or Republican) money along with all its strings.  

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/10/michael_bloomberg_pac_backing.html
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Funny you should mention that.  Snyder is a RINO and gladly  takes Bloomberg's  $$$$ (another guy who seems to have identity issues as to whether he is a Democrat or Republican) money along with all its strings.  

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/10/michael_bloomberg_pac_backing.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you the guy that signed up to ARFCOM within the last few weeks and spammed the forum with Snyder attacks? Can an admin confirm this guy's email domain isn't @democrats.org?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Aren't you the guy that signed up to ARFCOM within the last few weeks and spammed the forum with Snyder attacks? Can an admin confirm this guy's email domain isn't @democrats.org?
View Quote

Moi?  Sorry not me.  I'm just an old style Conservative Republican who calls them as I see them.   I'm no Demo Shill nor a Liberal ,Statist, Tax Shifting, Corporate Welfare "republican"

I think Snyder is the kind of guy who will line his own pockets while our Country goes belly up, leaving most in the country much poorer and laughing all the way to the Bank.  That was what Snyder did as CEO of Gateway, where the Shareholders got burned in Bankruptcy and Snyder went laughing all the way to the Bank with his 14 Million Dollar Golden Parachute.  Nice Fella!  Troubling is the fact that he's  now taking "Bloomberg Money"

He probably even laughs all the way of the TV and Commercial set thinking about what a "tough nerd" he is for putting it over on the voters with a little help from his friends.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#28]
What are demorat trolls getting paid these days?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry,not a troll or a Snyder fan myself. He's raised taxes on the middle class, went welfare putting 1/2 million on medicaid, raised fee's, tried to double vehicle registration and more. He is not
the middle class hero he tries to portray himself as.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sorry,not a troll or a Snyder fan myself. He's raised taxes on the middle class, went welfare putting 1/2 million on medicaid, raised fee's, tried to double vehicle registration and more. He is not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 2010, the individual income tax rate in Michigan was 4.35%.  The individual income tax rate is now 4.25%.  He didn't raise individual income tax rates on the middle class or any class.

He has his warts, but he's preferable to the other option.

Hold your nose and vote for him.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In 2010, the individual income tax rate in Michigan was 4.35%.  The individual income tax rate is now 4.25%.  He didn't raise individual income tax rates on the middle class or any class.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'll get his way in doubling the reg fees [taxes] on vehicles if he's elected again. [probably gas tax also] He lost me when he put 1/2 million on med welfare. He's a tax and spend RINO while he tries to claim he's fiscally conservative.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#32]
As much as I hate a RINO I don't think Snyder has done a terrible job.  Sure he has done things that I don't agree with but for the most part this State is better off.  Last week I spent 9 days across the bridge.  The last time I did that was 2010.  I made a complete loop through all major cities except Ironwood.  I can say, without doubt, that the economy of the Superior State is much brighter than it was 4 years ago.  New businesses all over the place, population in places such as Escanaba and Marquette are exploding.  I felt like I was back in Kalamazoo or Ann Arbor while passing through.  Much of this may have to do with University presence but even in small flashing light towns there was much prosperity.

While I hate taxes as much as the next guy but I was not opposed to tax free (before or after) pensions being taxed.  Hunting and Fishing licenses are still CHEAP compared to other states, unless you are a non-resident anyway.  I mean come on, $26 to fish for anything in the state for a year?  That's less than one dinner for you and the wife on a weekend at a half way decent place.  Michigan residents have been spoiled for a long time with very inexpensive license fees.  

Should Schauer become governor our only hope is a super majority in the house and senate.  Pray for that.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes the State's economic picture has improved, but so has the Nation's Economy.  So Snyder's" efforts" should not be attributed to the Economy Improving. His efforts have been nothing more than a "Tax Shift".  Snyder is a "Bloomberg" republican from a State in the Midwest.

Keep in mind if in the event Shauer is elected as Governor,  he will have to play with a Republican controlled House and Senate. So even then he will have to "play the game" to get what he wants.  Even then I suspect he will not be hostile to the firearms community.  True enough we might not get everything we want in a Shauer Governorship, but then one must ask " Does Snyder go along with our agenda most of the time? " Certainly not! He has failed us numerous times. He has promoted a Gas Tax and with Gas prices having been four dollars a gallon where is all the revenue given the taxes levied as a percentage?   If Snyder is re elected he will be putting more taxes on the residents and lifting the tax burden off of business, giving us less money to spend.

If there is a larger Conservative Third Party vote for Governor, the Republican Party will have to recognize they can no longer  trot out republicans who behave more like Democrats only to lose upon showing their true colors.  It will also send a message to the Democrat party not to piss off people like gun owners and others.  So Shauer will  have to become Centrist, in the event he is elected to the Governors Office and work with a Republican legislature.

One cannot deny that when their extreme leftist  candidate Bernero lost to Snyder, we ended up with a more "conservative" or more "centrist" Democratic candidate for Governor this time  and look how close the election is this time.

With Bloomberg republican Snyder accepting $2.3 Million, which will most likely result in Snyder Singing Bloomberg's tune in the future.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes the State's economic picture has improved, but so has the Nation's Economy.  So Snyder's" efforts" should not be attributed to the Economy Improving. His efforts have been nothing more than a "Tax Shift".  Snyder is a "Bloomberg" republican from a State in the Midwest.

Keep in mind if in the event Shauer is elected as Governor,  he will have to play with a Republican controlled House and Senate. So even then he will have to "play the game" to get what he wants.  Even then I suspect he will not be hostile to the firearms community.  True enough we might not get everything we want in a Shauer Governorship, but then one must ask " Does Snyder go along with our agenda most of the time? " Certainly not! He has failed us numerous times. He has promoted a Gas Tax and with Gas prices having been four dollars a gallon where is all the revenue given the taxes levied as a percentage?   If Snyder is re elected he will be putting more taxes on the residents and lifting the tax burden off of business, giving us less money to spend.

If there is a larger Conservative Third Party vote for Governor, the Republican Party will have to recognize they can no longer  trot out republicans who behave more like Democrats only to lose upon showing their true colors.  It will also send a message to the Democrat party not to piss off people like gun owners and others.  So Shauer will  have to become Centrist, in the event he is elected to the Governors Office and work with a Republican legislature.

One cannot deny that when their extreme leftist  candidate Bernero lost to Snyder, we ended up with a more "conservative" or more "centrist" Democratic candidate for Governor this time  and look how close the election is this time.

With Bloomberg republican Snyder accepting $2.3 Million, which will most likely result in Snyder Singing Bloomberg's tune in the future.  

View Quote

Schauer is NOT a centrist in any way, shape, or form. He is a dyed in the wool lib and there isn't any arguing the point. Problem is, Snider claims he is a fiscal conservative while he is really a tax shifter and he is more a centrist or lib on the social issues. Sadly, the best thing for the next 4 years is a split state government that is basically stymied if it goes in either direction.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto. I'm writing in Alfred E. Newman.

IMO he could have made more cuts in the pork to his buddies and cousin long before starting up with taxing retirement payments. My wife and I paid income taxes for over 40 years each and I am sick and tired of paying the freight for lazy no good pieces of maggot shit that won't work and game the system!
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

... and here it is, ladies and gentlemen!  The shill finally makes his pitch to the audience!  "Things wouldn't be so bad if the democrat won the election, us conservatives would still have him by the short and curlies!"

You make an account here and the first thing you do, THE FIRST THING, is you make a breathless HTF post encouraging everybody to vote for a third party candidate.  Then you try to convince us we should DEFINITELY do it because, god forbid, even if the democrat won (the logical result of a large conservative 3rd-party vote), things would still be a-ok.  Give me a damn break.

Write this one off as a lesson learned. Maybe tone down the enthusiasm next time, and stop trying to write like the liberal fantasy version of what a staunch conservative sounds like.  Nobody's buying your shit.  Go sell it somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you picture that Alfred E Newman as our Governor all from a write in effort. LOL that would be the ultimate protest vote.

No question about it Snyder and Shauer are like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.  

I think its time we send the Republican Party Leadership a message.  Do not facilitate a primary system which  can be manipulated to the point of where we get RINO candidates like Snyder.  Create a system where there are run off candidates in crowded fields.  If that was the case we would have never gotten him as our Governor.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Could you picture that Alfred E Newman as our Governor all from a write in effort. LOL that would be the ultimate protest vote.

I think its time we send the Republican Party Leadership a message.  Do not facilitate a primary system which  can be manipulated to the point of where we get RINO candidates like Snyder.  Create a system where there are run off candidates in crowded fields.  If that was the case we would have never gotten him as our Governor.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works for me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

FWIW one of the Michigan gun owners groups basically said that.
I might just leave the Gov box blank this year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd fill it in with Libertarian or Green Party or whatever 3rd party candidate there is if you aren't going to vote for the Dem or Republican.  Otherwise, some corrupt poll worker may just have a key to the ballot box and fill it out with their preferred candidate if there happens to be a recount in a local race.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had my 300 blackout SBR for several months now, and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

In order for me to have this SBR, the signature of the Governor was required on a bill that came across his desk last year.

If Schauer had been Governor, do you really believe that he would have signed the bill?

Kind of shoots a hole in the theory that the Governor can't do anything independent of the legislature.

Snyder has his flaws, but be a realist and understand that this is a two party race, and a vote for Alfred E. Newman or a blank vote is essentially a vote for Schauer.  It's your vote, do what you want with it, but don't bitch to me when the Democrat refuses to sign a pro-firearms bill put on his desk by the Republican legislature.  

I just don't understand why so many folks want to cut off their nose to spite their face when it comes to this.  One of these two men WILL be the next governor.  You can have an influence as to which one it will be.  If you don't like Snyder, then change the Republican party from within, not by voting for Democrats.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'd fill it in with Libertarian or Green Party or whatever 3rd party candidate there is if you aren't going to vote for the Dem or Republican.  Otherwise, some corrupt poll worker may just have a key to the ballot box and fill it out with their preferred candidate if there happens to be a recount in a local race.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the only way for change,not voting for the lesser of 2 evils.
All these Repubs say if you don't vote rRepub you're wasting your vote.
If everyone voted Lib or Green then there would be 3 or 4 parties and real competition.
If the secondary parties get 10% of thye vote,then they are eligile for Federal funding.
That's how you change things. Not from within the Repub,but from a new party
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry for the rant. I don't know if it's allowed from a lowly 13 er,the lowest scum around.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sorry for the rant. I don't know if it's allowed from a lowly 13 er,the lowest scum around.
View Quote

The lowest scum are pontificating blowhards who sign up to the forum 3 weeks before the election to preach on how you should/should not vote.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If everyone voted Lib or Green then there would be 3 or 4 parties and real competition.
If the secondary parties get 10% of thye vote,then they are eligile for Federal funding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus One!  I'm tied of those Politicians who look at the pro firearms community with a condescending manner akin to saying " So where else are you going to go"
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#46]
"You make an account here and the first thing you do, THE FIRST THING, is you make a breathless HTF post encouraging everybody to vote for a third party candidate.  Then you try to convince us we should DEFINITELY do it because, god forbid, even if the democrat won (the logical result of a large conservative 3rd-party vote), things would still be a-ok.  Give me a damn break."

Poor Baby!
If Snyder were such a great Governor, this election would not be so close.   Snyder wimped out on eliminating Handgun Registration,   Snyder  has not been such a great guy when it comes to the agenda of the  2nd Amendment Community.  Snyder owes his election to Pro-Second Amendment voters as Virg Bernero was terrible on guns, coupled with a horrible Economic Policy. Snyder wimped out on Enhanced Carry and has an attitude suggesting " where else are you going to go " attitude. ']Should Snyder lose the next Republican will say " What can I do for you boys? Sounds like you have an agenda I can vote for rain or shine...Would you please vote for me?"  If Shauer wins he will have to play his cards right and  have to go along with the Gun Policy the Republican House and Senate sets. Snyders conduct in office ( He runs from Second Amendment Issues) is not so great. Currently, we are riding the Economic Wave of the Business Cycle which he falsely claims that he is responsible for  and does not deserve re-election. Further, Snyder's taken 2.3 Million of Bloomberg $$$ Money.  Importantly, we were there for Snyder once ( against Bernero)and he became Governor Later when there were pro second issues of ours which were important to us, Mr. Snyder was not comfortable with our agenda and failed to act. Snyder bailed out on us out of convenience and Political Cowardice. Now, why should we be there for him with his " Where are you going to go" attitude. When are you going to learn to stop rewarding bad behavior? Fear is not an excuse, with a Republican House and Senate.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Plus Bloomberg gave the Nerd 2.3 mil,and is campaigning for the Nerd.
It's even here in it's own thread.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#48]
The lowest scum are pontificating blowhards who sign up to the forum 3 weeks before the election to preach on how you should/should not vote.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Sure as hell not voting for a Democrat, like my union (UAW) says I should. Screw both of them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Theory:

I have had my 300 blackout SBR for several months now, and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

In order for me to have this SBR, the signature of the Governor was required on a bill that came across his desk last year.

If Schauer had been Governor, do you really believe that he would have signed the bill?
View Quote

Fact:

" ..... Fearing the Governor will withdraw his support from fellow Republican members who pass legislation supporting the elimination of 28..425o zones, the legislature has sat on SB 213.  Would this be the same if the Governor didn't belong to the same party as a majority of the state legislature?

To answer that question, let's look at history of previous legislature and Governor.  In 2006 the legislature passed Michigan's version of "Stand your Ground", the Self Defense Act of 2006.  Not wanting to alienate gun owners prior to the November election of 2006, Governor Granholm signed the law in July of 2006. "

Source: Mich. Open Carry (Link)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top