User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Theory:

Fact:

" ..... Fearing the Governor will withdraw his support from fellow Republican members who pass legislation supporting the elimination of 28..425o zones, the legislature has sat on SB 213.  Would this be the same if the Governor didn't belong to the same party as a majority of the state legislature?

To answer that question, let's look at history of previous legislature and Governor.  In 2006 the legislature passed Michigan's version of "Stand your Ground", the Self Defense Act of 2006.  Not wanting to alienate gun owners prior to the November election of 2006, Governor Granholm signed the law in July of 2006. "

Source: Mich. Open Carry (Link)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Theory:

I have had my 300 blackout SBR for several months now, and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

In order for me to have this SBR, the signature of the Governor was required on a bill that came across his desk last year.

If Schauer had been Governor, do you really believe that he would have signed the bill?

Fact:

" ..... Fearing the Governor will withdraw his support from fellow Republican members who pass legislation supporting the elimination of 28..425o zones, the legislature has sat on SB 213.  Would this be the same if the Governor didn't belong to the same party as a majority of the state legislature?

To answer that question, let's look at history of previous legislature and Governor.  In 2006 the legislature passed Michigan's version of "Stand your Ground", the Self Defense Act of 2006.  Not wanting to alienate gun owners prior to the November election of 2006, Governor Granholm signed the law in July of 2006. "

Source: Mich. Open Carry (Link)

Would Schauer have signed the SBR bill?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Who knows if he would have as it would be purely speculation.  Keep in mind even if Shauer is elected as Governor, he cannot deliver or enact any part of his legislative platform with a Republican House and Senate.  Shauer can only hope to "Play the Game", make certain issues aware to the public and build public support for his agenda while  not pissing people off on issues that are not key to his constituent base. Gun Control has proven a loser to the Dems and with the high degree of Federal Regulation, his base would probably  not be too upset. So your guess would be as good as mine.  You are referring to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum with our "traditional" choices anyway.  

Yet questions remain as to how we feel about "products" which do not live up to the reputation of its brand or label and how we are able to make our objections known without giving away the store. Note the liberal shift that has been going on within the Republican Party and how is one to counteract that?  The party leadership will take note if Rick Snyder loses with votes migrating to a conservative third party, which it could have had and possibly won with.

Think Strategic, Think Longer Term.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who knows if he would have as it would be purely speculation.  Keep in mind even if Shauer is elected as Governor, he cannot deliver or enact any part of his legislative platform with a Republican House and Senate.  Shauer can only hope to "Play the Game", make certain issues aware to the public and build public support for his agenda while  not pissing people off on issues that are not key to his constituent base. Gun Control has proven a loser to the Dems and with the high degree of Federal Regulation, his base would probably  not be too upset. So your guess would be as good as mine.  You are referring to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum with our "traditional" choices anyway.  

Yet questions remain as to how we feel about "products" which do not live up to the reputation of its brand or label and how we are able to make our objections known without giving away the store. Note the liberal shift that has been going on within the Republican Party and how is one to counteract that?  The party leadership will take note if Rick Snyder loses with votes migrating to a conservative third party, which it could have had and possibly won with.

Think Strategic, Think Longer Term.
View Quote

You know damned well that Schauer would not have signed off on SBR's.

There is still a HUGE hole in your line of thinking.  You are only thinking about the fact that Schauer will not be able to get any anti-firearms legislation through the legislature.  That is only one side of it.  What happens when there is pro-firearms legislation (like the SBR law), that gets through the legislature, but requires the Governors signature?  

If we had followed your logic and voted for Virg Bernero four years ago, we would not have SBR's today.  I like my SBR's!  I'm damned glad a Republican was in office!

So we should vote for Schauer to send a message?  What kind of message?  That we're content with 4 more years of no pro-firearms legislation?

Not to mention what happens if the legislature flips in the next 4 years?  Then what happens to your plan for "productive gridlock?"
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You know damned well that Schauer would not have signed off on SBR's.

There is still a HUGE hole in your line of thinking.  You are only thinking about the fact that Schauer will not be able to get any anti-firearms legislation through the legislature.  That is only one side of it.  What happens when there is pro-firearms legislation (like the SBR law), that gets through the legislature, but requires the Governors signature?  

If we had followed your logic and voted for Virg Bernero four years ago, we would not have SBR's today.  I like my SBR's!  I'm damned glad a Republican was in office!

So we should vote for Schauer to send a message?  What kind of message?  That we're content with 4 more years of no pro-firearms legislation?

Not to mention what happens if the legislature flips in the next 4 years?  Then what happens to your plan for "productive gridlock?"
View Quote

Followed my logic and voted for Virg Bernero?  I think it's pretty low to put words in my mouth that I never articulated in any manner.  I think I must be scoring some major league points, when others are willing to stoop so low, in a feeble attempt to score points.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have had my 300 blackout SBR for several months now, and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

In order for me to have this SBR, the signature of the Governor was required on a bill that came across his desk last year.

If Schauer had been Governor, do you really believe that he would have signed the bill?

Kind of shoots a hole in the theory that the Governor can't do anything independent of the legislature.

Snyder has his flaws, but be a realist and understand that this is a two party race, and a vote for Alfred E. Newman or a blank vote is essentially a vote for Schauer.  It's your vote, do what you want with it, but don't bitch to me when the Democrat refuses to sign a pro-firearms bill put on his desk by the Republican legislature.  

I just don't understand why so many folks want to cut off their nose to spite their face when it comes to this.  One of these two men WILL be the next governor.  You can have an influence as to which one it will be.  If you don't like Snyder, then change the Republican party from within, not by voting for Democrats.
View Quote

That's nice, but I'd rather not bike to work because the jack the fees for a car up to insane levels. (I'm not saying Schauer wont do that either)
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Snyder signed RTW if I recall correctly...

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2014/10/17/michigan-verge-banning-tesla-stores/17386251/

Governor Rick Snyder today signed bipartisan legislation aimed at discouraging Tesla Motors from selling its electric cars directly through company stores.

House Bill 5606, sponsored by state Rep. Aric Nesbitt, also prohibits auto manufacturers from dictating fees franchised dealers can charge customers. The legislation allows individual auto dealers to make the business decision whether to charge the transaction fee.

Snyder said direct sales of new vehicles is already banned in the state. This law will explicitly require all automakers to sell through a network of franchised dealers.

Earlier today General Motors urged the governor to sign the bill.

Snyder, who has boasted of making Michigan more hospitable for entrepreneurs, brings Michigan into a growing number of states that have raised obstacles to the California-based electric car company.

That law didn't specifically mention Tesla, which started in 2003 and operates from a headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif., and from a former General Motors-Toyota plant in nearby Fremont.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hope everyone enjoys their $57 gun deer hunting fee.

Fvck be unto that SOB. Arsehole has never met a fee he didn't want to double.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

When did this happen?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When did this happen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did this happen?

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_14518_65243-305249--,00.html

This year, he and the legislature raised the fees on deer licenses from $15.00(?) to $20.00(?) but also made a requirement that you first buy a small game license($11.00?) before buying any other license, where you didn't need a small game license to hunt deer previously. Deer combo license went up $10.00 plus the $11.00 added for the required small game license.

I haven't hunted small game in years.

Also requires a small game license to shoot small game on your own property or farm now whereas it was never required previously.

Now required to pay a higher price for fishing licenses whereas before there was a fishing license and then an additional trout stamp.  Doubled the price of a fishing license for those that never fish for trout.

Passport permit required now not just for state parks but even to pull into state owned areas that have no facilities, like a parking lot to a cross country ski trail in the middle of the woods where you could just pull off to the side of the road.

For off road vehicles like quads you used to have to buy a $16.00 permit to use trails.  As of this year you need to buy 2 permits for $32.00, doubling of the fees.  

They did this as nothing but a money making scheme.  My response was to not buy a passport permit when renewing my vehicle registration and not getting any permit for my quad.  They want to increase fees to raise money they can waste, I refuse to buy the permits I use to buy every year whether I planned on using them or not.  I don't need to go to areas that require the passport and I'll just use the quad on my own properties and stay off of state land.

I think the doubling of all the fees and licenses will backfire on their plan.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
On the license thing, I guess I would need more information in order to draw a meaningful conclusion from it.

How do our fees compare to those of other states?

How long has it been since the fees have been increased?  Twenty years ago I think that I paid $10 or $15 for a deer license.  Twenty years ago I could buy a new truck for under $20,000, now that truck costs me $40,000.  

I hate when costs go up as much as the next guy, but I just don't have enough information to know whether or not these increases were reasonable.

I know that what Snyder saved me in business income taxes will more than make up for the increase in my deer tag this year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Raising the fees will have the opposite effect of raising funds if people refuse to buy the licenses.  Raising the fees by a small percentage is completely different than doubling the price of the license, raising the price by 100%.  Are those increased fees being put back into wildlife management?  Or being put into the General budget coffers?

I am a Conservative republican voter, long term.  But raising prices and fees by those amounts are not conservative principles.

They want to raise the tax on gasoline.  Michigan currently has one of the highest gas taxes in the nation......  They don't use the gas taxes for roads, they use them as a slush fund.

The governor, in his fiscal-year 2014 executive budget released last week, called for $1.2 billion a year in new funding to keep old roads from going from bad to worse. By investing $12 billion over the next decade, he told lawmakers, the state can avoid a $25 billion bill.

To reach that goal, Snyder proposed a wholesale tax on gasoline and diesel fuel at the equivalent rate of 33-cents per gallon over the next two years, followed by a floating rate designed to keep pace with market conditions. Additionally, he proposed increasing annual registration fees by 60 percent on light vehicles and 25 percent on heavy trucks and trailers.

Overall, Snyder's office says the increased taxes and fees would cost the average Michigan family $120 a year per vehicle...

With that in mind, MLive took a closer look at Michigan's current gas tax structure, as described by the House Fiscal Agency, exploring why our roads are getting worse even as motorists here pay more in at-pump taxes than in many other states.

Part of the reason, according to Lance T. Binoniemi of the Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association, is that the state collects sales tax on fuel but does not earmark any of that revenue for roads.

"It's the biggest public policy problem we have," Binoniemi said today during a joint session of the Senate and House transportation committees. "The general public does not understand that the 6 percent tax does not go to funding roads and bridges. When you include that sales tax, we probably do have one of the highest (gas tax rates) in the nation."
View Quote

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/02/gas_taxes_in_michigan_where_do.html

Out-of-state license purchases already dropping. Which means, businesses in Michigan that benefit from out-of-state visitors will take a hit in profits.

The new license structure is expected to net up to $20 million in 2014, and despite the price changes, license sales are already up 7 percent from last year, said Ed Golder, the public relations officer for the DNR.

However, out-of-state fishing licenses, which experienced a similar price increase, are down 41 percent. In total, Michigan fishing has seen a 5 percent decrease, according to Golder.

Though the DNR is reconsidering its out-of-state fishing license fees based on poor sales, Golder said hunters are still attracted to Michigan's unique natural resources and, in large part, understand the price increases.

"It's important to know (the money benefits) Michigan's non-hunters as well. Our natural resources are funded by hunters and anglers; this money is going to help resources we all enjoy — whether it's for kayaking, hiking, trails, things that are also very important to the hunting and angling community."  In other words, hunters and fishermen are paying higher fees to benefit those involved in activities that don't require the purchase of a license.

View Quote

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/10/hunting_license_sales_up_7_per.html

Annual ORV licenses (off road vehicle) are now $26.25. Any ORV riders using state designated trails will pay an additional $10 per year as well.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:29:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Raising the fees will have the opposite effect of raising funds if people refuse to buy the licenses.  Raising the fees by a small percentage is completely different than doubling the price of the license, raising the price by 100%.  Are those increased fees being put back into wildlife management?  Or being put into the General budget coffers?

I am a Conservative republican voter, long term.  But raising prices and fees by those amounts are not conservative principles.

They want to raise the tax on gasoline.  Michigan currently has one of the highest gas taxes in the nation......  They don't use the gas taxes for roads, they use them as a slush fund.

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/02/gas_taxes_in_michigan_where_do.html

Out-of-state license purchases already dropping. Which means, businesses in Michigan that benefit from out-of-state visitors will take a hit in profits.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2014/10/hunting_license_sales_up_7_per.html

Annual ORV licenses (off road vehicle) are now $26.25. Any ORV riders using state designated trails will pay an additional $10 per year as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The governor, in his fiscal-year 2014 executive budget released last week, called for $1.2 billion a year in new funding to keep old roads from going from bad to worse. By investing $12 billion over the next decade, he told lawmakers, the state can avoid a $25 billion bill.

To reach that goal, Snyder proposed a wholesale tax on gasoline and diesel fuel at the equivalent rate of 33-cents per gallon over the next two years, followed by a floating rate designed to keep pace with market conditions. Additionally, he proposed increasing annual registration fees by 60 percent on light vehicles and 25 percent on heavy trucks and trailers.

Overall, Snyder's office says the increased taxes and fees would cost the average Michigan family $120 a year per vehicle...

With that in mind, MLive took a closer look at Michigan's current gas tax structure, as described by the House Fiscal Agency, exploring why our roads are getting worse even as motorists here pay more in at-pump taxes than in many other states.

Part of the reason, according to Lance T. Binoniemi of the Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association, is that the state collects sales tax on fuel but does not earmark any of that revenue for roads.

"It's the biggest public policy problem we have," Binoniemi said today during a joint session of the Senate and House transportation committees. "The general public does not understand that the 6 percent tax does not go to funding roads and bridges. When you include that sales tax, we probably do have one of the highest (gas tax rates) in the nation."

The new license structure is expected to net up to $20 million in 2014, and despite the price changes, license sales are already up 7 percent from last year, said Ed Golder, the public relations officer for the DNR.

However, out-of-state fishing licenses, which experienced a similar price increase, are down 41 percent. In total, Michigan fishing has seen a 5 percent decrease, according to Golder.

Though the DNR is reconsidering its out-of-state fishing license fees based on poor sales, Golder said hunters are still attracted to Michigan's unique natural resources and, in large part, understand the price increases.

"It's important to know (the money benefits) Michigan's non-hunters as well. Our natural resources are funded by hunters and anglers; this money is going to help resources we all enjoy — whether it's for kayaking, hiking, trails, things that are also very important to the hunting and angling community."  In other words, hunters and fishermen are paying higher fees to benefit those involved in activities that don't require the purchase of a license.

People refuse to believe that this guys makes most democrats look like pikers when it comes to raising taxes, fee's and everything else that hits the typical middle class family hard. He also put 500K people on  medicaid to let the feds [suckers from other states] pay for them for a couple of years then we'll get some of the cost shifted back here. He is also a crony capitalist of the highest order and also spent a ton of money over the Ambassador bridge which wasn't very popular at the time. [and really not needed]

The guy is no conservative, period.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#14]
People refuse to believe that this guys makes most democrats look like pikers when it comes to raising taxes, fee's and everything else that hits the typical middle class family hard. He also put 500K people on  medicaid to let the feds [suckers from other states] pay for them for a couple of years then we'll get some of the cost shifted back here. He is also a crony capitalist of the highest order and also spent a ton of money over the Ambassador bridge which wasn't very popular at the time. [and really not needed  -FxnTime

Another guy who knows exactly what is going on and not afraid to say it.  Its clear to me that there are a lot more people who know exactly what is going on  and feeling the pain.  This is precisely the reason why Snyder is going to be facing one of the toughest re- elections in the State.  Further, Snyder just  might be the only incumbent not re-elected to the Governors office in almost 50 years. Mr. Snyders actions as Governor do not square well with the Republican label.  Pure and simple Snyder is a RINO lacking any sense of loyalty or common decency

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Since this is a firearms board, first and foremost Democrats CANNOT be trusted with the Second Amendment.

Secondly, any politician that does not respect the Second Amendment, has NO reason to uphold the rest of the constitution.

I recently began collecting a pension check and I firmly believe everyone should pay taxes in some way.

Fact is, MI is not competitive enough in so many ways, the income tax we pay is only a small part of what needs to be adressed.

I will vote for Snyder. He is moving this state in a better direction than ANY dem/comm/libtard/marx/soc apparachek ever would.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#16]
For the first time in a long time I will vote a straight R ticket.  Period.

Democrats only wish to increase aid to the FSA and expand it beyond current borders with unlimited bound and erode civil liberties meant to check such behavior if needed.   Yeah... NO.  I am tired of paying what I consider more than my fair share as a middle class individual and having my values and beliefs constantly under attack.

Schauer will do all in his power to wreck this state by pandering to class warfare.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Mr. Snyder comes from a CEO background. He's in the millionaire wing of the Republican party, the ones that can buy up all the television ads in a primary and fool people into thinking the opposite of the truth. He's hand-in-glove with the Chamber-Of-Commerce types that are dying for amnesty (they think it will bring them cheap labor), which will dump millions in costs on the taxpayers. They spent enough money in 2013 to successfully buy off enough of the Republican legislature to get Obamacare expansion pushed through in Michigan. That cuts employer's health care costs, while dumping billions more in long term expense on the taxpayers.

(Federal money is "free money", right? From Mr. Snyder's viewpoint, nobody ever has to pay it back. Those people, businesses, and their grandchildren that will pay Federal taxes for the $18 Trillion national debt? They don't count, they're not on his CEO balance sheet. "Not on my agenda.")

His outlook is to do anything at all that boosts business, no matter what the consequences are for the average citizen.

The state of Michigan spent 53 billion dollars in the last fiscal year. That's billion with a B, a record high for Michigan, more than the Granholm administration ever spent. After that, Mr. Snyder came back with a push to raise taxes because .... The roads needed fixing. What is the core function of government? Is it fixing roads, or setting up MEDC slush funds for favored businesses? Bailing out Detroit so they don't have the embarrassment of selling their paintings? Spending money on state bureaucracy that feeds, houses, and gives medical care to keep the wave of illegal immigrant children in Michigan? Subsidizing Hollywood movie companies? That was what the $53 billion was spent on first. Roads, they never got around to. The other stuff was more important.

When we elected a Republican governor and legislature, I doubt if the voters thought this is what they would get. If Snyder is re-elected, he'll be term-limited, and there will be nothing to stop him from doubling down and pushing for more of the same. The only way to stop it is to gridlock Lansing (link).
If a Democrat governor is pushing for this kind of spending, the legislature will turn him down. It's your choice to make on November 4.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]
How much did anti-gun Michael Bloomberg spend to get Snyder re-elected?  I've seen reports that he has given $2.5 million to re-elect Snyder.  

I'm a Life member of the NRA. Yesterday I got my NRA magazine which is the voter issue.  On the front page it listed Rick Snyder as the NRA pick for re-election, yet on just about every other page in the magazine the NRA was demonizing Michael Bloomberg and the candidates he is spending money to get elected.

I was confused after looking at page after page on my NRA magazine.  How can the say not to vote for Bloomberg candidates but then back Snyder by recommending him for re-election when he is supported financially by Bloomberg?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Since this is a firearms board, first and foremost Democrats CANNOT be trusted with the Second Amendment.

Secondly, any politician that does not respect the Second Amendment, has NO reason to uphold the rest of the constitution.

I recently began collecting a pension check and I firmly believe everyone should pay taxes in some way.

Fact is, MI is not competitive enough in so many ways, the income tax we pay is only a small part of what needs to be adressed.

I will vote for Snyder. He is moving this state in a better direction than ANY dem/comm/libtard/marx/soc apparachek ever would.

View Quote

I reluctantly agree. Snyder wasn't my 1st choice in the 2010 primary but here we are. We got SBRs/SBSs and RTW.

For those bitching about taxes/fees/etc., I don't like it either. State budgets can't be fixed with money-printing like the federal budget can. It was a shit sandwich and we all got to take a bite.

Reminder: the most active poster in this thread is RomanLeader who only signed up a few weeks ago, and is likely a phony Democrat operative pretending to be a gunowner.

There are bad Republicans (Snyder may be in your opinion), but there's no such thing as a good Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I reluctantly agree. Snyder wasn't my 1st choice in the 2010 primary but here we are. We got SBRs/SBSs and RTW.

For those bitching about taxes/fees/etc., I don't like it either. State budgets can't be fixed with money-printing like the federal budget can. It was a shit sandwich and we all got to take a bite.

Reminder: the most active poster in this thread is RomanLeader who only signed up a few weeks ago, and is likely a phony Democrat operative pretending to be a gunowner.

There are bad Republicans (Snyder may be in your opinion), but there's no such thing as a good Democrat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The middle class got the vast majority of the shit in the sandwich.

The funny part of this election, 99.9% of all political signs and commercials have both "R" and "D" candidates scared shitless to post what party they represent.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The middle class got the vast majority of the shit in the sandwich.
View Quote

Why are you falling into their argument? You are the class you want to be.

Want to be higher class? Stop spending money on shit you don't need. Save 1/2 your income, invest it, move up.

I'm not "high class" but I'm saving to put myself somewhere higher, and not counting on the government to help me. Don't see why this is hard to understand...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How much did anti-gun Michael Bloomberg spend to get Snyder re-elected?  I've seen reports that he has given $2.5 million to re-elect Snyder.  

I'm a Life member of the NRA. Yesterday I got my NRA magazine which is the voter issue.  On the front page it listed Rick Snyder as the NRA pick for re-election, yet on just about every other page in the magazine the NRA was demonizing Michael Bloomberg and the candidates he is spending money to get elected.

I was confused after looking at page after page on my NRA magazine.  How can the say not to vote for Bloomberg candidates but then back Snyder by recommending him for re-election when he is supported financially by Bloomberg?
View Quote

If I could pick one human being to permanently ship off to Mars, it would be Michael Bloomberg.  But, believe it or not, Bloomberg has other interests outside of his efforts to implement further gun control measures.  He likes what Snyder is doing in Michigan, and wants to support him.  I don't like it, and I would have liked to have seen Synder give the money back and tell him to go fuck himself, but politicians generally take campaign funds wherever they can get them.

Bloomberg is only one douchebag anti-gunner.  Just think how many douchebag anti-gunners are donating to Schauer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
SB 59.  Our open primaries give us mostly mush, like Snyder. I didn't vote for him last time around and unless someone can come up with a reason to vote for him as opposed to against the D, I'll just throw my vote away. I'll never vote for another democrat as long as I live, just on principal, but that does not translate to an automatic R vote, and I'm not alone.
View Quote

A protest vote or a refusal to vote, is a vote for the other side. I won't tell people how they should or shouldn't vote, but that's the reality of it.

I personally vote how I want to live. The person that is closer to how I think things should be gets my vote. You'll never get a politician that is the perfect choice, eventually, they'll get the hint and start doing right by me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If I could pick one human being to permanently ship off to Mars, it would be Michael Bloomberg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If I could pick one human being to permanently ship off to Mars, it would be Michael Bloomberg.

<Flounder voice> Isn't this great! </Flounder voice>

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Politicians of both party's owe their souls to their benefactors. I would be happy to vote for a independent or even a pro-gun Democrat if it were not for this fact. When the Democratic party takes a pro Bill of Rights stance and backs it up with action, not just rhetoric I'll reconsider.

The Republicans are just as culpable in this regard, but they still want people (themselves mostly) armed and basking in the sun under the façade of liberty. I'm closing on 60 years old now and remember clearly when Watergate happened and the nationwide fallout and real outrage that resulted. Watergate is now legal under the laws passed by our Congress and signed by our Presidents going back 30 years now. Domestic spying, phone and internet taps are commonplace and we, as a Nation have surrendered our Freedoms with a wimper or silence.

When people complain about one party over the other I'm reminded of the great Ford vs. Chevy debate. The difference is I'm pretty happy when I buy a Ford or a Chevy, with Republicans and Democrats not so much.

The only thing that unites the two American political parties is their steadfast agreement and determination that there will be no third (or fourth) party for us to chose from.

I vote, everyone should if you care about what happens to our Nation. I can say I have to plug my nose, but I do it. As long as the political parties control the process and the people we get to choose from we will continue to get a steady stream of their yes men. We are left with jury nullification if we picked to serve and are strong enough to stand up to our convictions. I wish more people would research US history from 100 to 150 years ago regarding this approach. People weren't cowed by government and were independent thinkers, courageous enough to stand their ground on principles.  

December 10, 1792 "Live Free or Die"

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A protest vote or a refusal to vote, is a vote for the other side. I won't tell people how they should or shouldn't vote, but that's the reality of it.

I personally vote how I want to live. The person that is closer to how I think things should be gets my vote. You'll never get a politician that is the perfect choice, eventually, they'll get the hint and start doing right by me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SB 59.  Our open primaries give us mostly mush, like Snyder. I didn't vote for him last time around and unless someone can come up with a reason to vote for him as opposed to against the D, I'll just throw my vote away. I'll never vote for another democrat as long as I live, just on principal, but that does not translate to an automatic R vote, and I'm not alone.

No it's not. I don't frankly care who you vote for, but don't tell me that my refusal to vote for a mush rino who vetoes pro gun bills, pushed obamacare exchanges, taxing, spending, blah blah is in any way supporting a democrat. SB 59 did it for me, and I've seen no reason to vote for Snyder other than he isn't the democrat, and that just isn't good enough anymore.

I hope schauer doesn't get elected, but I equally wish there was an R worth a shit that I could vote for. Since there isn't, I'll probably vote for a third party, or maybe write in a ham sandwich.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No it's not. I don't frankly care who you vote for, but don't tell me that my refusal to vote for a mush rino who vetoes pro gun bills, pushed obamacare exchanges, taxing, spending, blah blah is in any way supporting a democrat. SB 59 did it for me, and I've seen no reason to vote for Snyder other than he isn't the democrat, and that just isn't good enough anymore.

I hope schauer doesn't get elected, but I equally wish there was an R worth a shit that I could vote for. Since there isn't, I'll probably vote for a third party, or maybe write in a ham sandwich.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your idealism, but this year, in this election, a protest vote or a refusal to vote, is indeed beneficial to Schauer.

I'm more of a realist.   Either Snyder or Schauer WILL be our next governor.  A vote for someone other than those two, is essentially "wasted."

I'm not telling you what to do, and you certainly have a right to do whatever you want with your vote, but don't tell me that voting for someone other than Snyder will not help Schauer.  If you want to run the risk of putting someone worse than Snyder in office, then go for it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I like your idealism, but this year, in this election, a protest vote or a refusal to vote, is indeed beneficial to Schauer.

I'm more of a realist.   Either Snyder or Schauer WILL be our next governor.  A vote for someone other than those two, is essentially "wasted."

I'm not telling you what to do, and you certainly have a right to do whatever you want with your vote, but don't tell me that voting for someone other than Snyder will not help Schauer.  If you want to run the risk of putting someone worse than Snyder in office, then go for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therein lies the problem. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil. I encourage people to vote their conscience without regard as to who will actually win the contest. We are so afraid that we'll get the worse possible candidate we vote for the second worse candidate out of self-defense. We are trapped in a system that makes change impossible. We could learn a lesson in democracy from Italy. Every political party gets a seat at the table based on the percentage of votes they received. Disparate voices get heard and a real look at legislation takes place because they don't vote in lock step. It makes it much harder to pass bad laws.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Therein lies the problem. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil. I encourage people to vote their conscience without regard as to who will actually win the contest. We are so afraid that we'll get the worse possible candidate we vote for the second worse candidate out of self-defense. We are trapped in a system that makes change impossible. We could learn a lesson in democracy from Italy. Every political party gets a seat at the table based on the percentage of votes they received. Disparate voices get heard and a real look at legislation takes place because they don't vote in lock step. It makes it much harder to pass bad laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, its idealism vs. realism.  In this election, the winner will be Snyder or Schauer.  That's all that matters right now.  

If you want the system to be more like Italy, some wholesale changes are going to have to be made.  When that system is in place, then we can have the discussion that you want to have.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I will never vote for a democRat- Ever.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#31]
A Little Slice of History

The year was 1996. Among a few dedicated Michigan residents that believed constitutions should mean something, an effort had begun that decade to try and do something about the state's restrictive gun laws, and in particular get shall-issue Concealed Pistol License (CPL) legislation passed. Today, most gun owners, particularly younger ones, don't know and cannot comprehend how bad it was for gun owners. Michigan had a pistol law in place since the 1925 Ossian Sweet riot that left it entirely in government official's hands to decide who was (quote) "a suitable person" to be allowed a concealed pistol permit. By the 1970s, that had evolved to preclude white people as well as black ones, with only a few exceptions. In the cities, if you were politically connected, or wealthy enough to influence politics, the old-boy system would get you an "unrestricted" concealed weapons permit, as they were called at the time. In more rural counties, if you made a sufficiently large contribution to the sheriff's election campaign, that was the way to go. Ordinary people without political pull, who could show receipts proving that they dealt in cash amounts higher than $500 per week, could get a "Bank-Home-Business" permit. This allowed carrying while transporting money to be deposited, but once the money was in the bank, you were supposed to unload and case your pistol. Buying and maintaining vending machines as a second income was one of the few ways people could get that permit.

By the 1980s, the gun ban movement had picked up steam and was becoming widespread. Cities like Ann Arbor had their own "assault weapon bans". If a metro Detroit gun owner drove out on I-94 to get out in the country to go hunting or shooting, and had a semi-automatic rifle in their trunk, they were breaking the law when they passed through the Ann Arbor city limits. Gun owners gradually began to react to this, and coalesce and demand some reform from their representatives. By 1990, legislation passed the state legislature that put in place state pre-emption - local gun bans could no longer be enforced. Nevertheless, national politics were sweeping more bad things in, like the 1994 U.S. "Assault Weapons Ban". State level efforts were underway to try and pass laws requiring all guns to be kept locked up unless they were in use at a range or hunting. In this atmosphere, the attempt by a few idealistic activists to get a Michigan shall-issue law passed was a long shot. The Democrats were uniformly opposed to anything of the sort, and the Republicans made sympathetic noises, but did nothing. A Detroit News poll showed public opposition to a shall-issue law was in the 60% range. With a very few exceptions like Dave Jay and Alan Cropsey in Lansing, Republicans wouldn't come near us. They had the majority in the state House at the time, and weren't about to risk doing anything that might be unpopular, just to respond to conservatives that had no one else to turn to anyway.

Since Michigan gun owners had no one representing us, we decided that if we had no allies, we had no friends, and it was about time to recognize that and act on it. About a dozen of us had gotten together in the metro-Detroit area, to start a group with the pretentious name of "Michigan Gun Owners". It soon got popular support, and after some monthly public meetings, grew to about 150+ dues paying members. (The size was kept secret at the time, but I happen to be quite familiar with it because I was the group Secretary, and looked after membership records, mailing newsletters, etc.) We set out to make an example of our most prominent local Republican sellout. Jim Ryan was a first term state House rep from the Redford/Dearborn Heights area (back then, it was still possible for a Republican to get elected there). He had campaigned as a CPL law supporter, but once in office, had refused to do anything more. We met with him a number of times, and his blank faced response to Art.1 Section 6 was always "I don't believe the state constitution really means that". In combination with another regional group named "Brass Roots" we did everything we could to get the word out that pro-gun voters should help defeat Mr. Ryan. Over the months of 1995 and 1996, we gathered donations, held fund-raisers, and spent our Saturdays sending out crews of members to pass out flyers. By October of 1996, we had been to almost every house in the district. About $3000 had been saved up by then, and was spent primarily on local cable TV ads some of our members filmed themselves. We knew it was an uphill fight: the political establishments of both parties almost uniformly repudiated our goals, and as now, the press was invariably negative. By the time election day ended, I went to bed thinking we didn't have had much of a chance, but of course principle demanded that we had to make the effort.

The day after the election I got a call at work. An excited co-conspirator said "Hey, I think we might have actually beaten Ryan!". I made some calls to the city clerk, and what do you know. The vote totals showed that Jim Ryan had lost the election by less than one-half percent of the vote, and his Democrat opponent would be the new state representative. That was an eye-opener. When an election runs that close, you know that your people's efforts had to have made a difference.

The election result, combined with a similar effort by another pro-gun group in the north of the state that defeated another incumbent Republican, resulted in control of the state house switching to the Democrats. As you might expect, the Republican party was not happy. They were furious. One thing had changed, though: they couldn't ignore us any longer.  There was a period of angry charges and counter-charges, but ultimately, the Republicans realized that they couldn't blow us off any longer. They didn't like us, but they had to start negotiating with us. It took another four years of threats, action, promised deals that fell through, etc., but eventually a CPL law was passed in 2000. By that time the center of pro-gun political activity had primarily moved on to a new Lansing-area group, but it took defeating sellout Republicans to give them a negotiating position and a voice that was listened to. Politicians have no reason to pay anything but lip service until you prove you can hurt them.

A couple of lessons became clear:

1. Even a small local group of dedicated activists can have an amazing effect on state and local politics. Not always, but entirely possible, even when it doesn't seem like it.

2. There is no such thing as the Good Party and the Bad Party. Politicians respond to the pressures of the moment, and they won't respond if nobody provides any pressure. There's nothing saintly about a politician with an -(R) after their name; they have to be forced to do the right thing. If you want to have any negotiating position, occasionally you have to be able to say NO to them, and carry through with it.

If we had not defeated a RINO and helped elect a Democrat, Michigan would probably have been years later in getting a shall-issue CPL law passed. This state would probably have had to wait to follow in the footsteps of Ohio's example, instead of the other way round. Political parties are not good or bad, they are what you make them live up to. Regardless of idealistic wishful thinking, or of what the high priced TV ads tell you, that's how the real world works.

Note: The MGO discussed here has nothing to do with the current one. We closed down in 2000 when the CPL law passed; another group started up soon after as MGOUC, then later changed to MGO when our rights to the name expired.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't like him but he's getting my vote because the democrat is an asshole.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't like him but he's getting my vote because the democrat is an asshole.
View Quote

I understand.

Snyder's History over his first term is lackluster at best. He only half heartedly adheres to the Firearms agenda although he does not push bans or otherwise. Politically I find Snyder a supporter of Big Government, Taxes, short term in  his thinking and a Moral Coward when it comes to Firearms Issues. I don't like Shauer either.  He's too liberal on more than a few issues I find important. Sometimes I think the Political Power Brokers understand the voting public loves the two Hitmen (Political Parties) who are both robbing the public  blind of Money, Freedom and Opportunity. The Power Brokers understand how the two parties can be used to rob people of their freedom to their advantage and enhance their own wealth.  Merchants have no loyalty, and when it comes to money and politics the Power Brokers  have none.  These folks have been feeding both Democrats and Republicans supporting their campaigns through direct and indirect means.. Just look at Snyders acceptance of 2.3 Million in Liberal Bloomberg Dollars as one example.  Bloomberg is schizophrenic when it comes to what his party affiliation is  His view of Governments role micromanaging the publics choices whether soft drink size, chips, diet or guns should be a major warning sign to any freedom loving Republican. It should serve as a warning sign to any freedom loving republican voter as well when considering Snyder as their choice.I think its time to vote third party to "send a message" that Sndyers conduct in office is unacceptable.  Even if Shauer wins he has to contend with a Republican House and Senate to contend with and his liberal agenda will be DOA

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Snip

View Quote

Have you reached out to his office and offered your views? What was their response. I think we gun owners are going to be a hell of a lot more vocal this time around.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Have you reached out to his office and offered your views? What was their response. I think we gun owners are going to be a hell of a lot more vocal this time around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

The guy you're quoting joined ARFCOM just a few weeks ago and only posts anti-Snyder talking points. He's not a gunowner, he's a political operative sockpuppet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The guy you're quoting joined ARFCOM just a few weeks ago and only posts anti-Snyder talking points. He's not a gunowner, he's a political operative sockpuppet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

Yup, the likelihood that he has any clue as to how to even a actuate a charging handle is remote.

I haven't exactly seen him posting about AR's in the tech forum.  I predict that after a week from tomorrow that we will hear from him no further.

He needs to pound sand.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My retirement taxation.  I moved to the state and bought a house as my income wasn't taxed at the state level.  Now it is.  I've lived in other states, Michigan has the highest income tax and property taxes of any state I've lived in.

The also screwed around with the hunting license and fishing fees to where I have to pay for items I don't even use, doubling the cost you have to pay just to hunt or fish.  I likely will stop hunting now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm voting against him but my reason has to do with taxes he raised.

I don't believe that voting for a Democrat is going to help with that.

Wait and see what they do with taxes.

What Snyder tax increase do you take issue with?

My retirement taxation.  I moved to the state and bought a house as my income wasn't taxed at the state level.  Now it is.  I've lived in other states, Michigan has the highest income tax and property taxes of any state I've lived in.

The also screwed around with the hunting license and fishing fees to where I have to pay for items I don't even use, doubling the cost you have to pay just to hunt or fish.  I likely will stop hunting now.

So you dont think a D governor isnt going to raise taxes?  

The selfishness of some here is amazing.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Governors don't raise taxes, they push for the state house to raise them. It's MUCH harder for a divided govt to agree to raise taxes as neither party wants to be the one blamed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know how government works, do you?

The democrat is running ads saying he will push for the repeal of the taxes that Snyder pushed to raise. Snyder isn't done trying to get the middle class to pay more taxes.  I don't care who is governor as long as it is somebody other than Snyder.  I voted for him before, I will be voting against him this time.  I'd rather have a divided government than a RINO.  You vote the way you want, I'll vote the way I want...

I've voted party line Republican since 1994.

I voted for John McCain every year I had to in Arizona and Larry Pressler in the 80's when I lived in South Dakota.  They both went nuts and became RINOs or in Pressler's case a 3rd party spoiler who backs Obama.  I've had it with left wing republicans and will split my vote if it means trying to get a democrat elected to kick a Bloomberg supported republican out of office.

I will also vote against Paul Ryan, Chris Christie or Jeb Bush if they run for president.

As for selfishness, you can suck my asshole, 13er.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#40]

+1
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

It's possible. He's also correct.

Snyder didn't cut one damn tax, NONE. What he did was shift the tax burden more onto the middle class. Yeah yeah yeah, he cut the SBT, but that cut was really just a shift, the state coffers didn't lose a damn dime of revenue.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Snyder did sign the welfare limit law. It cuts off welfare recipients after four years. The liberals and Democarts have hauled it into court to protect their voter base. That eliminates millions that the taxpayers would have to pay, if it gets upheld. Do a google search...
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Snyder did sign the welfare limit law. It cuts off welfare recipients after four years. The liberals and Democarts have hauled it into court to protect their voter base. That eliminates millions that the taxpayers would have to pay, if it gets upheld. Do a google search...
View Quote

And he put 1/2 million more people  on medicaid so someone else can pay for their "bamacare."

And he personally pushed like hell to do it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Snyder didn't cut one damn tax, NONE. What he did was shift the tax burden more onto the middle class. Yeah yeah yeah, he cut the SBT, but that cut was really just a shift, the state coffers didn't lose a damn dime of revenue.
View Quote

So you want to elect the Democrat because Snyder didn't handle 0bamacare like you wanted.

You want to elect the Democrat because he cut the SBT, but that's not to your liking either and he should have created a progressive tax system to punish those horrible upper class people more or something.

How long have you lived in MI? I wonder if you're butthurt because MI had an exemption for pension income that you thought you'd take advantage of, then Snyder eliminated that exemption and got your panties all twisted up.

I'm just a lowly worker at a lowly private enterprise that never heard of a pension, so I can't find the tears to shed because your pension wasn't taxed (like my wages) until Snyder signed the bill that taxed your pension (like my wages).

Snyder ain't my preference but fuck that other guy. My absentee ballot went out last week.

Oh, and fuck your buddy the sockpuppet too!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So you want to elect the Democrat because Snyder didn't handle 0bamacare like you wanted.

You want to elect the Democrat because he cut the SBT, but that's not to your liking either and he should have created a progressive tax system to punish those horrible upper class people more or something.

How long have you lived in MI? I wonder if you're butthurt because MI had an exemption for pension income that you thought you'd take advantage of, then Snyder eliminated that exemption and got your panties all twisted up.

I'm just a lowly worker at a lowly private enterprise that never heard of a pension, so I can't find the tears to shed because your pension wasn't taxed (like my wages) until Snyder signed the bill that taxed your pension (like my wages).

Snyder ain't my preference but fuck that other guy. My absentee ballot went out last week.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I probably have turds in my septic tank older then your voting history.

F both of them, can't stand either of them and the best thing for now is a split govt. Yeah, nothing will get done but on the other hand, I won't have some dickhead "republican" pushing to double vehicle fees and gas taxes, finding more innovative ways to tax the middle class, and generally being the bloomburg money grabbing crony capitalist he really is. The problem with a RINO is that you have enough weak republican state house members who will go along with his schemes while they will get a little spine if the turdo democrat gets elected.

I held my nose and voted for him last time in the general, not again, he turned out to be EXACTLY what I figured he would be, a social minded RINO who loves tax increases for the daily grind people.

You know who really gave us Snider? It was the X over democrat voters in the primary election..................mull on that for a few.

He's done some good things, I won't deny that but he now seems fixated on tax increases and I'm taxed enough already. Can't help you with your, as you say it, "lowly" job, sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder or something, pretty sad.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

F both of them, can't stand either of them and the best thing for now is a split govt. Yeah, nothing will get done but on the other hand, I won't have some dickhead "republican" pushing to double vehicle fees and gas taxes, finding more innovative ways to tax the middle class, and generally being the bloomburg money grabbing crony capitalist he really is. The problem with a RINO is that you have enough weak republican state house members who will go along with his schemes while they will get a little spine if the turdo democrat gets elected.

I held my nose and voted for him last time in the general, not again, he turned out to be EXACTLY what I figured he would be, a social minded RINO who loves tax increases for the daily grind people.

You know who really gave us Snider? It was the X over democrat voters in the primary election..................mull on that for a few.

He's done some good things, I won't deny that but he now seems fixated on tax increases and I'm taxed enough already. Can't help you with your, as you say it, "lowly" job, sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder or something, pretty sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all of "class warfare" rhetoric you keep using, it makes you sound like a liberal.

I'm not calling you a liberal, but it is ust the kind of divisive language that they use.

Seriously, just re-read some of your posts and give it some thought.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

With all of "class warfare" rhetoric you keep using, it makes you sound like a liberal.

I'm not calling you a liberal, but it is ust the kind of divisive language that they use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you actually watch how the politicians you elected vote/push their opinion?  It was widely known that Snider was the most liberal/social leaning of all the republican candidates in the last primary cycle, he loves to  increase fees and taxes and he has done so, haven't you been paying attention? He wants to increase them even more, do you really want to vote for some "republican" that acts more like a democrat?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do you actually watch how the politicians you elected vote/push their opinion?  It was widely known that Snider was the most liberal/social leaning of all the republican candidates in the last primary cycle, he loves to  increase fees and taxes and he has done so, haven't you been paying attention? He wants to increase them even more, do you really want to vote for some "republican" that acts more like a democrat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I voted for Mike Cox in the 2010 primary.  My guy lost, so I had to suck it up and choose between Snyder and Bernero.  It was not a difficult choice.

This year we have to choose between Snyder and Schauer.  Again, this should not be a difficult choice.

In lieu of a budget deficit (which we had for years under Granholm), our state now has a budget surplus.  The abomination known as the Michigan Business Tax was replaced with a more fair and reasonable business tax structure.  Individual income taxes rates have remained the same, but the overall individual income tax regime is more fair and reasonable.  I have some qualms with Snyder, but his taxation and budget policy are not things I take issue with.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And he put 1/2 million more people  on medicaid so someone else can pay for their "bamacare."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. The fed is paying most of the medicaid bill for the first couple years, giving the taxpayers a break and reducing how much the state may have to pay in subsidies once the fed stops subsidizing what the average person is paying on the insurance exchange. If the Dems are in office and the insurance subsidies roll over to the state, you know damn well, we the taxpayers are going to be burdened with that. We might still get nailed with Snyder, but at least we have a chance...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#50]
The fed is paying most of the medicaid bill for the first couple years, giving the taxpayers a break ....
View Quote

Are you serious?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top