Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad I didn't "invest" my money in this project. I was going to, but it sounded too good to be true.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's being a bit of an ass.  Is pissed off cause people are complaining about shipping time.  I know it's a start up but don't quote times, miss those, quote more, miss those,... 4 times, then add additional services trying to get more money before you have delivered your original commit.

This is just one if the posts.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq211/crawlin95/51A76A23-3678-483C-8CCE-40EA4A2B09E4-5373-0000026E208D4C7F_zps5e1cdff5.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq211/crawlin95/6A69AF25-9E99-4319-8F50-5AE26FE22688-5373-0000026FA2F81B45_zpsa9215cfa.jpg

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq211/crawlin95/A0592281-3263-494D-ADA3-2166960DF349-5373-0000026FA76B0761_zpscd208187.jpg
View Quote

I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt.  Main thing he should do which he has ignored it to hire one or two young ladies to do nothing except answer the phones and e-mails.  This would leave him time 'uninterrupted' to make the product!  I would also ship the first ones so folks can start getting the word out so complaints will at least slow down.  If someone actually gets to talk to him, you may want to suggest it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh I have no doubt that we will get the product and that it will probably be a great piece.  I'm not even concerned that much about the wait.  But some of the responses from him have been pretty "dick-ish".
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Going to be interesting to see which comes first.  Delivery of ANY of these receivers or the second coming of Jesus!  From some posts in the 'conversation' area of the original site he is deleting posts he don't like on the facebook page.

Boy is evidently up to his butt in alligators with NO idea how to drain the swamp!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:44:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Probably going to sound like a stupid question, but if I ask him for a refund do you think it will happen?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Probably going to sound like a stupid question, but if I ask him for a refund do you think it will happen?
View Quote

I seriously doubt it, but if you do and actually GET it please let us know.  In my case so I can order some that are available and almost as cheap.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Since I do not face the book I just sent ANOTHER email to the guy asking when I could expect my lowers. We will see if he replies.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
This was posted on rockethub today.

12/30/13: Update;   Now that we have all the glitches fixed we can start shipping soon. I estimate within the next two weeks shipping will begin. The reason it took so long was dealing with the magwell.   There are two common ways to have the magwell done.  The first is wire EDM, This process takes an electrically charged wire and cuts thru the aluminum to get the exact shape needed. Second is Broaching , this is the process that takes a small hole and forces a large piece of tool steel thru it until you get the exact shape needed. These two processes work great, however at $25 sell price it was impossible to obtain the equipment for this step. We have come up with a propriety in house process that comes up with the same end resolute.   I will update facebook and rockethub once the shipping starts.   Thank you for your patience and support, Sierra Nevada Arms.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This was posted on rockethub today.

12/30/13: Update;   Now that we have all the glitches fixed we can start shipping soon. I estimate within the next two weeks shipping will begin. The reason it took so long was dealing with the magwell.   There are two common ways to have the magwell done.  The first is wire EDM, This process takes an electrically charged wire and cuts thru the aluminum to get the exact shape needed. Second is Broaching , this is the process that takes a small hole and forces a large piece of tool steel thru it until you get the exact shape needed. These two processes work great, however at $25 sell price it was impossible to obtain the equipment for this step. We have come up with a propriety in house process that comes up with the same end resolute.   I will update facebook and rockethub once the shipping starts.   Thank you for your patience and support, Sierra Nevada Arms.

View Quote

Sounds legitimate. "I'm going to take ppls money and manufacture materials without knowing what tooling is required".

Proprietary in house proces= Dremel tool
Link Posted: 12/31/2013 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounds legitimate. "I'm going to take ppls money and manufacture materials without knowing what tooling is required".

Proprietary in house proces= Dremel tool
View Quote

+1. Broaching is the standard machining process for that step and they didn't know that?  They're either full of shit or stupid.
Side note. The cheapest way to get a CNC machine and tooling for making AR Lowers is to get one from a bank that just reposed it from an 07FFL that thought making AR lowers was a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]
He is probably drilling a bunch of holes and milling out the rest. Basically the drill press method that anybody can do at home.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder how many are taking the guy up on his offer to buy folks place in line and lowers?

I also wonder if he is paying 100% or what?
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder how many are taking the guy up on his offer to buy folks place in line and lowers?

I also wonder if he is paying 100% or what?
View Quote

I emailed the guy, he tried to email Sierra Nevada to make sure it was ok and they wouldnt respond to him at all.  Not sure how many other people tried to take him up on it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Here is an 'interesting update' posted today on the original site.

.Sierra Nevada Arms

Sierra Nevada Arms Project Leader

Final update! Thank you all for your patience and continued support on this venture. As you know we had a few more hurdles than expected, but we have won! Shipping starts today…let me say it again for you fast readers…SHIPPING STARTS TODAY!! I could have not started this company without each and every one of you, supporting and believing in me. Thank you! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ After receiving hundreds of calls and e-mails asking for this service, we are excited to announce we have our FFL and can complete your batch of 80% lowers into complete stripped lowers. Sierra Nevada Arms is offering this amazing deal to all of our original funders only! Save yourself some time and let us complete your lowers on our precise machines. We will also give you consecutive serial numbers for your collection. 1 each $85 (-$50 jig credit) = $35 $35.00 2 pack $110 (-$50 jig credit) = $60 pack $30.00 each 4 pack $150 (-$50 jig credit) = $100 pack $25.00 each 8 pack $230 (-$50 jig credit) = $180 pack $22.50 each 16 pack $400 (-$50 jig credit) = $350 pack $21.87 each Order Today! These prices are for original funders only. Prices are for a limited time only. (The majority of funders ordered a 4 pack @ $25 each. For an additional $25 each you can save the long hours on a drill press and avoid possibly damaging your lowers. You will have a precise made lower for a fraction of what others are charging for their billet lowers.) Visit www.sierranevadaarms.com to order today. Details: • A full credit will be given for the jig toward the price of the complete lowers. • If you ordered any of the packs and only want some of your lowers “complete” and some of them at “80%”, then please order at the individual price of $85 each. • The price above is for stripped lowers with no coatings. If you would like to have it coated before it ships out then please pick the add on option for the color of your choice. • If you have previously ordered the Cerakote or anodize option then it can be applied to your order for the complete stripped lowers. • All complete stripped lowers will be shipped out with consecutive serial numbers. • See website for details on shipping to your local FFL of choice. (all FF L regulations apply) • Lowers will be marked multi caliber. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- After a huge demand Sierra Nevada Arms is also offering complete M4 parts kits for only $499 Specs Barrel: • Chrome Moly Vanadium • M4 Feed Ramps • 16" Length • 1x9 Twist • A2 Flash Hider • Manganese Phosphated • Phosphated under Front Sight Base • Taper Pins in F-marked Front Sight Base • Threaded Muzzle • Heavy Profile Chamber: • 5.56 X 45 mm Bolt And Carrier: • Phosphated 8620 Steel Carrier Assembly • Carpenter 158 Bolt HPT/MPI Tested • Heat Treated and Plated • Mil-Spec • Chrome Lined Carrier Interior • Carrier Key - Chrome Lined, attached with Grade 8 Screws • Properly Staked & Sealed Gas Key Handguards: • Carbine Length • Aluminum Delta Ring • Single Heat Shield Upper Receiver: • Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum • A3 Flat Top with M4 Feed Ramps • Hard Coat Anodized • Mil-Spec • Ejection Port Cover and Round Forward Assist • Right Hand Ejection • Bore's surface is coated with dry film lube, over the anodized surface Buttstock: • M4 5 Position • Reinforced Fiber • Mil-Spec Sized buffer tube Visit www.sierranevadaarms.com to order today.

Somebody PLEASE post if you actually get your receivers!

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here is an 'interesting update' posted today on the original site.

~blah~blah~blah~

Somebody PLEASE post if you actually get your receivers!

View Quote

Oh ffs just send me my lowers already. No cerakote, no anodizing, no stinking anything else, just put the SOB's in the mail and lets call this a day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]
That update is great.  The only reason anybody even wanted to deal with this dork is because they were 80% lowers.   If someone wanted a cheap 100% lower there are a million places to get them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#17]
This could be the best and most elaborate Nigerian scam to date.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#18]
This may need to be 'looked at' for a FRAUD charge.  The latest is he is supposedly NOT going to answer anything else on the original site he got his funding from.

Where is the discussion here on AR 15 that is talking about only 50 done and being shipped.  My search foo is weak!

I wonder if we have any members from Nevada that is local to this?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#19]
According to a few posts on FB, people are getting them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This may need to be 'looked at' for a FRAUD charge.  The latest is he is supposedly NOT going to answer anything else on the original site he got his funding from.

Where is the discussion here on AR 15 that is talking about only 50 done and being shipped.  My search foo is weak!

View Quote

Here is the main discussion.
here
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
According to a few posts on FB, people are getting them.
View Quote

I am wondering just how many different names SNA has on facebook?

Like the package 'tracking number' , no one saw what was IN that box.  Was it sent to a relative in the same state?

The old Detective has lots of questions that will not be answered until I see someone on here have one in their hands.  Last person that tried to 'fool' me was a certain Nashville Sheriff that went to prison!

SNA has made one big mistake.  They took my US Post Office money order as I do not do paypal.  That is a separate charge all in itself if turns out to be fraud!
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#22]
In case any of you have not read the other thread, this is where I currently stand with SNA:

Link Posted: 2/20/2014 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In case any of you have not read the other thread, this is where I currently stand with SNA:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RKgtwTF1TOw/UwaIAQvgM3I/AAAAAAAADwI/4AhqeYLLyWo/s640/FTC%2520Arf.PNG
View Quote

I hadn't even thought of them.  Thanks!

BTW, what else do they suggest you do?
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

BTW, what else do they suggest you do?
View Quote

I'm not sure what they suggest, but I had a rather unscrupulous employer growing up that taught me a few things
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Honestly, it was a load of nonsense but at least I feel a bit better. I am hoping that pointing out SNA made around 192000 over the amount they projected would be required to start up operations will pique their interest. If the FTC is not interested in pursuing it I am hoping they pass at least that tidbit over to their counterparts at the IRS for further...review. I figured I would start with the FTC and see where that gets me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Honestly, it was a load of nonsense but at least I feel a bit better. I am hoping that pointing out SNA made around 192000 over the amount they projected would be required to start up operations will pique their interest. If the FTC is not interested in pursuing it I am hoping they pass at least that tidbit over to their counterparts at the IRS for further...review. I figured I would start with the FTC and see where that gets me.
View Quote

IRS is covered.  When I say I am a retired Fed LEO, just what agency do you think I used to work for?

TnMike, my first wife was a Mafia Princess so I know a trick or two.................LOL!

Like the man once said,  "There is more than one way to skin a cat.  Which ever way you do it, the cat is not going to think highly of it!".
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

Bumping to make it easier to find..............LOL
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Bumping so I can get to it before it falls off.  LOL
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#29]
A man that I work with says he got an email stating that his lowers shipped last week. I haven't heard any more news on it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:16:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Bumping because I will NEVER give the SNA SOB peace until I get mine!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top