BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/23/2017 9:06:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok, if its not about money, he can make the fees for his pistol permit free or just the documented cost to issue them.

I'm not holding my breath.....

When someone says "its not about money" what they really mean is that its absolutely, positively about the money!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The sheriff doth protest too much, methinks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Jernigan said pistol permit fees are not an infringement on the Second Amendment, which provides for the right to bear arms. Jernigan it's no different than paying a fee for a drivers license, marriage license, hunting license or car registration.
View Quote

Those are privileges. 2A is a right. Very different. Perhaps if he were required to pay a fee to print this "free speech" article it might become clearer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:.... because the equipment we're able to provide them
View Quote

So he says it is not about the money, but it is about what we are able to buy with the money.....as for this sheriff, as old Bugs Bunny would say, what a Marooon!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Jernigan said pistol permit fees are not an infringement on the Second Amendment, which provides for the right to bear arms. Jernigan it's no different than paying a fee for a drivers license, marriage license, hunting license or car registration.
View Quote
Driving is a licensed privilege, not a right.

Fuck Chief Deputy David Jernigan.

Without the criminal background checks required for a permit, applicants with a violent criminal past would be able to conceal carry, Dorning said.
View Quote
They already do you dumb bastard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.madisoncountysheriffal.org/

Blake Dorning, Madison County Sheriff
[email protected]
256-532-3416

I think you guys should remind the good sheriff what the Bill of Rights actually means.

I got into trouble the last time I did it.
View Quote
#NOTMYSHERIFF

I'll give him a call or two. I'll probably get hung up on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Committee just recommended Bill to the floor for debate and a vote.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Kudos to Jeffco's Hale.  Heard him speak in the radio about his stance on this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I love hearing good news in the morning!
It's also nice to see the opposition finally admit that it IS about the money AND about manufactured reasonable suspicion.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like I moved to Bama just in time, if this goes our way.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
sounds a lot like the arguments in opposition to the old "may issue" vs " shall issue". Just another attempt by people with an elitist mentality who feel they have some exempted privilege to ration your rights. I'm all for supporting law enforcement, but only if that respect is mutual.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://www.madisoncountysheriffal.org/

Blake Dorning, Madison County Sheriff
[email protected]
256-532-3416

I think you guys should remind the good sheriff what the Bill of Rights actually means.

I got into trouble the last time I did it.
View Quote

I've gotten into trouble a couple times already this year for what I've said.  Didn't even violate policy but wasn't worth the fight.

Permits are absolutely about the money.  I hate the public safety argument.  The permit isn't attached to the tag or license so LEO still doesn't know the subject has one until physical contact is made.  A person prohibited is still going to be prohibited even if they don't have a permit.  Only difference is the charge you arrest them on.  But the Sheriff's don't want to give up that power nor that money.  Ours talks about the stuff he buys for his men but leaves out the new vehicle he buys every few years with that money or the other things he spends it on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I got a letter today from state Senator Arthur Orr.

He didn't outright promise support, but said he had asked for data about other states' crime rates after enacting similar legislation.  If that data is favorable, he'll support the bill.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

“It puts the public and police officers at risk,” Palmer said. “I believe in the Second Amendment for law abiding citizens. I’m not trying to take away anybody’s rights. I’m just trying to keep handguns out of the possession of criminals.

Pistol permits are used by law enforcement to quickly screen an occupant of a vehicle or a person stopped in investigative detention to determine if they are lawfully allowed to possess a handgun.
View Quote
Does he realize how stupid he sounds with that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I love his quote - Palmer said. “I believe in the Second Amendment for law abiding citizens"  
So whether or not we have a permit system, the non-law abiding citizens will still be armed. All of this , it makes it safer for the public and the officers
is bogus. As has been stated, it doesn't flag you as having a permit when they run the tag on a vehicle, they have to ask you if you have a weapon in the car
and then if you have a permit for that weapon... yada yada yada.......
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Let him know.

Also Alabaster city council got their pecker slapped for posting no firearm signs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“It puts the public and police officers at risk,” Palmer said. “I believe in the Second Amendment for law abiding citizens. I’m not trying to take away anybody’s rights. I’m just trying to keep handguns out of the possession of criminals.

Pistol permits are used by law enforcement to quickly screen an occupant of a vehicle or a person stopped in investigative detention to determine if they are lawfully allowed to possess a handgun.
Does he realize how stupid he sounds with that?

Let him know.

Also Alabaster city council got their pecker slapped for posting no firearm signs.

[email protected] or 205-620-6550 (Non-Emergency)
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[email protected] or 205-620-6550 (Non-Emergency)
View Quote
Thank you.

Slow day at work and need something to pass the time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
The computer can provide this information before the police make the stop.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Technically, if they choose to use the info ( and it's connected to your tag ), it will tell them that the registered owner of the vehicle has a CCW permit.
But not your teenage son or his friends or your wife or one of her feminazi's....
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Wait a minute. So before Larry Palmer spoke to the council was he required to show his 1st amendment permit issued by the Shelby County Sheriff? 

I believe in the First Amendment for law abiding citizens. I’m not trying to take away anybody’s rights. I’m just trying to keep speech I don't agree with out of the mouths of idiots.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Pistol permit information is not tied to the tag or person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Technically, if they choose to use the info ( and it's connected to your tag ), it will tell them that the registered owner of the vehicle has a CCW permit.
But not your teenage son or his friends or your wife or one of her feminazi's....
Pistol permit information is not tied to the tag or person.
But Wants and Warrants are and that's all that they should really care about.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wait a minute. So before Larry Palmer spoke to the council was he required to show his 1st amendment permit issued by the Shelby County Sheriff? 

I believe in the First Amendment for law abiding citizens. I’m not trying to take away anybody’s rights. I’m just trying to keep speech I don't agree with out of the mouths of idiots.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your system must tell you stuff ours doesn't.  Permit info isn't attached to license information nor tag info.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#33]
a criminal background
View Quote
My solution is to put a Note on the ID's of Felons such as an "F" under the restrictions.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Another ding on Sheriff Dorning that I just stumbled across:

https://bearingarms.com/beth-b/2017/02/21/alabama-sheriff-speaks-out-against-proposed-constitutional-carry/

The letter copied/pasted onto bearingarms has already been removed and replaced by a message about safe driving for teenagers. I cannot find it in the archives either.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#37]
"Although protests are protected by the First Amendment, these gatherings will now be attended by persons possessing a handgun hidden from view of law enforcement."

Which is a right also protected by the constitution without consent of a local sheriff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Although protests are protected by the First Amendment, these gatherings will now be attended by persons possessing a handgun hidden from view of law enforcement."

Which is a right also protected by the constitution without consent of a local sheriff.
View Quote
The law against carrying at a political event only serves to ensure attackers have victims that can not defend themselves.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
News: People that attend protests already carry handguns hidden from the view of law enforcement.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#46]
“Eighty-eight percent of Americans and even 80 percent of gun owners don’t want to see permitless carry, which is what Senate Bill 24 would be,” Leader said.
View Quote
I would like to see the source for that statistic.

JohnH • 5 minutes ago

If the Auburn Plainsman wants to be honest it it's reporting on this subject, it should publish an article citing verifiable facts about how concealed carry licenses prevent criminals from obtaining and using handguns in the commission of crimes. They should also publish verifiable research when citing a persons claims about support for or opposition to a piece of legislation. To be fair, the Auburn Plainsman should publish an article where the views of those supporting this bill are given as much space and type as as Mr. Leader. And citing Moms Demand Action as a non partisan grass roots organization stretches credulity beyond belief. Moms Demand Action is no more non partisan than the NRA and former mayor and staunchly anti-gun Mike Bloomberg is the primary funding source of the organization. The more I think of it, the more I wonder if anyone at the Auburn Plainsman actually wrote this piece or if it is a pre-written attempt at a hatchet job on the uninformed readership of this publication foisted on the editorial room by the powers holding sway over the publication, journalistic integrity be damned.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I would like to see the source for that statistic.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top