BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Do I need another AR?

I only have 1.

Should I spend my $850 in gun money on one or just buy more ammo?

*unfortunately doing both is a non-option.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd get another, most likely last chance if Hilary gets in and she probably will.

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
I'd get another, most likely last chance if Hilary gets in and she probably will.

View Quote

This.
If you can't say that your happy with what you have right now....your in trouble.  Regardless of when she is sworn into office, the panic will begin after she wins the election.  Then after she is sworn in, guaranteed one of the first things she does is EO another nationwide AWB.  Once the panic is over, ammo will become available again, but probably taxed to hell.

Soon after, Russia and China will probably invade the US

This is one possibility, the other possibility, although sadly unlikely....trump wins and we have 4 years of resting from defending our freedom from liberal politicians....
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CTjer:
Do I need another AR?

I only have 1.

View Quote

Unless your MIL/LEO you'll be hard pressed to find a complete AR for $850, but you might find a lower for that.

Or you could also get a decent complete Mak90 in the $850 range.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

Unless your MIL/LEO you'll be hard pressed to find a complete AR for $850, but you might find a lower for that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Originally Posted By CTjer:
Do I need another AR?

I only have 1.

Boy do I know that.   Looked for about a year before one of our regular CTHTF members helped me out with a lower.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]
NHM-91 for sale.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#8]
A recent widow offered to sell me an unfired Eagle arms AR15 with a 20" heavy barrel, factory rifle with plain Jane iron sights.  The rifle was originally purchased in the early 90's and came with a giant, heavy green case from the factory.  Rifle is a Coal Valley rifle with SN  that tells me it is true pre-ban.  What would be a fair price to give her?  Just to be clear,  I would be buyer, not seller...I just don't know what would be a fair price without either her, or myself getting screwed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Although unfired, I realize that it is considered a used rifle.  The way I explained it to her was that it is similar to someone buying a car and parking it in the barn for 25 years.  Even though the car only has 10 miles on it, it is considered a used car.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Genin:
A recent widow offered to sell me an unfired Eagle arms AR15 with a 20" heavy barrel, factory rifle with plain Jane iron sights.  The rifle was originally purchased in the early 90's and came with a giant, heavy green case from the factory.  Rifle is a Coal Valley rifle with SN  that tells me it is true pre-ban.  What would be a fair price to give her?  Just to be clear,  I would be buyer, not seller...I just don't know what would be a fair price without either her, or myself getting screwed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Although unfired, I realize that it is considered a used rifle.  The way I explained it to her was that it is similar to someone buying a car and parking it in the barn for 25 years.  Even though the car only has 10 miles on it, it is considered a used car.
View Quote

$1500 is going rate now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#11]
What else does she have?
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#12]
All the other stuff has been willed to other people.  The AR was the only thing in the vault that wasn't put into the will.  And she is definitely NOT a gun person...still calls magazines "clips".
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#13]
All the other stuff has been willed to other people.  The AR was the only thing in the vault that wasn't put into the will.  And she is definitely NOT a gun person...still calls magazines "clips".
View Quote

I've heard "gun people" call magazines clips.....lol
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone looking for a stripped AK receiver and willing to take a chance on a BWest...

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281569
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:02:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#15]

Originally Posted By JohnnyA:

Anyone looking for a stripped AK receiver and willing to take a chance on a BWest...
View Quote

Don't AK's need trunion attached?

ETA: I'm pretty sure that lower receiver is considered gun, but trunion has serial number, so to be considered provable complete AK you need a receiver attached to in original trunion.

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]

ETA: I'm pretty sure that lower receiver is considered gun, but trunion has serial number, so to be considered provable complete AK you need a receiver attached to in original trunion.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyA:

No.  its not a Chinese receiver.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I finally have something to add to this thread. A gun store/pawn shop opened up in a town near mine (Colchester) and I went in last night waiting on my Chinese food. Low and behold I saw a Mac. AKs aren't my thing but I figured I would share, it was $1500 and looked complete to me. The guys said it was on consignment if that matters at all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Iraq_Vet_SSG:
I finally have something to add to this thread. A gun store/pawn shop opened up in a town near mine (Colchester) and I went in last night waiting on my Chinese food. Low and behold I saw a Mac. AKs aren't my thing but I figured I would share, it was $1500 and looked complete to me. The guys said it was on consignment if that matters at all.
View Quote

That's going rate for LGS MAK90. Not too bad if it had nice furniture not the butthole stock.

You can find them for $800-1000 on Gunbroker with butthole stock. Replacement furniture will set you back $150-200 for Ironwood.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#19]
https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/69/762
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#20]
1982 Hk91
Its on akfiles so you may need to join to see it

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286194
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Leon82:
1982 Hk91

View Quote

Beast of a rifle.  I like the thin forearm.  I love mine.  That would be my go to rifle in the event Hillary zombies attacked.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Would it be easier to sell a pre-ban rifle without a magazine?  The serial nimbler on the rifle clearly identifies it as pre-ban, but there is only the manufacturer's name on the magazine floor plate.  There are no dates, or other numbers on the magazine.  All the original paperwork says that the rifles are shipped with one 30 round magazine, so I am wondering if that is sufficient to identify the magazine as pre-ban..both have the same manufacturer's name on them...rifle on it's side, magazine on the. Floor plate.

Would It matter much where it gets listed for sale (on EE, or gunbroker, or guns America).
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 4:52:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leon82] [#23]
Would it be easier to sell a pre-ban rifle without a magazine?  The serial nimbler on the rifle clearly identifies it as pre-ban, but there is only the manufacturer's name on the magazine floor plate.  There are no dates, or other numbers on the magazine.  All the original paperwork says that the rifles are shipped with one 30 round magazine, so I am wondering if that is sufficient to identify the magazine as pre-ban..both have the same manufacturer's name on them...rifle on it's side, magazine on the. Floor plate.

Would It matter much where it gets listed for sale (on EE, or gunbroker, or guns America).
View Quote

the date on the mag doesn't matter. the +10 magazine can only be sold to a leo or military  guy in ct.

But yes you can ship the rifle here without the magazine.

you will get fast exposure here on the EE. but the "rules" would be the same for any site
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

Beast of a rifle.  I like the thin forearm.  I love mine.  That would be my go to rifle in the event Hillary zombies attacked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By conndcj:
1982 Hk91

Yep I love this gun....especially with some nice wood furniture.
Probably one of the only semi autos left that I have any interest in.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#25]

the date on the mag doesn't matter. the +10 magazine can only be sold to a leo or military  guy in ct.

you will get fast exposure here on the EE. but the "rules" would be the same for any site
View All Quotes

By "rules", I presume you mean BATFE rules...those I understand, and obey righteously.  It is navigating the various state laws in "ban"states that I need help with.   Thanks very much for the assistance.  I will obey all this sites rules when posting in the EE area.  As I am out west, I will not be able to post in the various hometown EE sections outside my area,  but those are the rules, and I will respect them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#26]

By "rules", I presume you mean BATFE rules...those I understand, and obey righteously.  It is navigating the various state laws in "ban"states that I need help with.   Thanks very much for the assistance.  I will obey all this sites rules when posting in the EE area.  As I am out west, I will not be able to post in the various hometown EE sections outside my area,  but those are the rules, and I will respect them.
View All Quotes

Ultimately the ffl will do the transfer so your shipping to them no matter what site you use. The rules are for prebans in ct. They are that same here as gunbroker.

But you can put preban in the title and you will have an offer within a day. There are a few people who circle like an eagle waiting for them to pop up
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:08:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edgephoto] [#27]
You can sell it with a magazine here in CT. If the buyer is not .mil or LEO then the shop won't transfer it until they pin it to 10 rounds.

If you want to sell the magazine separate. MA allows for pre-ban magazines. Those guys will pay for a standard capacity pre-ban magazine.

EDIT: As John suggests, seller can send the magazine disassembled as repair parts.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:48:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#28]
It is NOT the sellers responsibility to comply with the laws if they reside outside of CT.

I would simply ask the buyer what they want to do.

Many shops don't want to bother with pinning a mag. Disassemble and send directly to the buyer. They can pin it themselves and reassemble. Everybody wins!

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Following up on what john said, I may or may not know of individuals who have received mag parts kits and assemble a pinned 10rd mag. As john said it is a win, win.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By Tbr1806:

Following up on what john said, I may or may not know of individuals who have received mag parts kits and assemble a pinned 10rd mag. As john said it is a win, win.
View Quote

I know a bunch too, including myself! Not illegal and makes being legal easier. Don't worry about it on sellers end, just ask buyer what they'd like to do.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks to everyone for the help.  It will be on EE some time this week, with magazine repair parts.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#32]
E.A lower 750$ buy it now
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/600918099
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:16:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leon82] [#33]
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#35]
sp89

hand cannon
View Quote

My hand cannon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#36]
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/600488125
View Quote

Sweet Jeebus.  What a selection.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm very upset I didn't buy a Sig 556 (amongst others) before FDMCT happened to us.

Also, while I think this thread has merits and really like the idea of it, I feel like it should be reserved to deals for those looking for something. 90% of postings are not good deals and easily found. Just a thought, carry on

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#38]
What is the going rate for a pre ban lower now?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:54:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leon82] [#39]
Originally Posted By Scott4:
What is the going rate for a pre ban lower now?
View Quote

Tree-fiddy

I'm a thilly gooth.
Check the ee for a market price

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott4] [#40]
Thanks.  I was a little confused, because I saw a lot of uncompleted auctions.  I was curious if there was some info I wasn't aware of regarding price.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:53:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AJJ] [#41]
Sorry, but nobody is buying your shit anyways.
2 post count and 0 feedback.  Good luck.
ETA, yes $350
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Scott4:
Thanks.  I was a little confused, because I saw a lot of uncompleted auctions.  I was curious if there was some info I wasn't aware of regarding price.
View Quote

Everyone wants a thousand dollars, no one wants to spend more than $3-350.

So the question you have to ask yourself is: do you want to list your lower, or do you want to sell it? If you want to sell it, put it up sub $400. If you want to sit on a listing for a year, list it for $1000 like everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Where in Florida? I can meet you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I just got one for $750.  

I'd say $600-800.  IM me with what you have.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I wonder how the inventory is moving at the place in Waterbury? What are complete prebans consigning for these days at Delta?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#46]
a lot...........   its funny listening to people saying 300-400 for a preban lower.  ive seen a few on here in the 750-800 range for a lower thats beat up with crap stock only to be listed for 1100-1200  the next day ( which is cool)
i also dont think that the price will go down much, trump cant change our state law. we can vote out malloy and his idiots and replace them, but it will be years if even possible. maybe trump appoints supreme court judges that will re-hear out suit, but that is years out.

hoffmans still sells complete preban ar15 rifles on the 2199 to 2699 range and sell out immediately ( people can use a charge card easier i think)
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#47]
I am with Steevo that the $300-400 price people spew for pre bans is BS.

Stripped pre ban lowers sell instantly when priced $750 or less. $1400-1500 is the sweet spot for a complete rifle.

Colt lowers seem to bring a $100 premium even though other brands are a better choice for non Colt parts.

There are some pre bans that have been for sale for a while priced much higher than this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
What's the going rate for a preban Glock 22/17 receiver?  
View Quote

I know a guy selling one if your interested
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Toadyrock:
I wonder how the inventory is moving at the place in Waterbury? What are complete prebans consigning for these days at Delta?
View Quote

Not sure about Waterbury but Delta's consignments were all $2k-$3k the last few times I looked. Not much has moved since the election. Sellers haven't adjusted prices to match buyers collective sigh of relief.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top