Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2014 4:30:35 PM EDT
I am inclined to make an offer on 10 acres of land just outside Winchester. Would I be able to, legally, set up a little plinking range?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have to check to see what the local county ordinances allow for.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Frederick County will let you shoot all you want. The sheriffs are pretty understanding and don't hassle you either unless you're really raising hell.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
My first house was in Shawneeland (north Frederick co.); most lots were 1/4 to 1/2 acre.  There was lots of shooting going on in the 80's there!  I'm sure things have settled down now, but yes, Frederick County is freedom friendly.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Back in the 80's - Shawneeland still had quite a few lots that were not sold to individuals and also a lot of land still held by the original owners (not divided into lots yet) and there was hunting on most of the mountain top
There was also a "rock quarry" that we target shot at -- my family had a lot there back then and I've taken alot of deer and turkeys off that mountain
not any more sadly
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first house was in Shawneeland (north Frederick co.); most lots were 1/4 to 1/2 acre.  There was lots of shooting going on in the 80's there!  I'm sure things have settled down now, but yes, Frederick County is freedom friendly.

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top