Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 3:05:41 AM EDT
I used to know it exactly, and who said it.
One of our founding fathers as I recall.
Something along the lines of "A gentleman is not properly dressed without his pistols".
Wanted to use it in one of my comments to the legislature, disappointed I could not find it via a web search.
Pro-RKBA related comments web scrubbing in effect?
It's a pretty famous quote so should have been easy to find.
I have a cache of quotes archived but for some reason my search function would not work with it tonight.

Surely someone here knows this quote?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Even if the Founding Fathers coined that phrase, I wouldn't include it in my writings to this putrid, liberal, and Marxist legislature.

They won't listen to what you have to say and they will take your words out of context and use them against you.

JMO.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Might try asking in GD.

Sure you are going to get a lot of nonsense and even more references to transvestites but you will probably get an answer.

All the questions I have asked there I have only ever had one go unanswered and not for lack of trying.

It was the name of a terribly obscure movie for the record.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top