Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2015 10:49:23 PM EDT
Anyone dealt with this recently? I live in Denver Country so my understanding is that I will need the Denver CLEO sign off on license to purchase a silencer. I have seen threads from years back that said the people in office then would not sign off.

Or is a Gun Trust the better option?  I am trying to keep the price down but am a bit weary of DIY trusts.  Registering it as individual ownership seems like the most cost effective and secure method for me.  Any thoughts people have on the issue would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Forget getting a sign off in city and county of Denver.  Contact guncollector, member here, his wife is an attorney and handles trusts.  Truly the best way to go.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forget getting a sign off in city and county of Denver.  Contact guncollector, member here, his wife is an attorney and handles trusts.  Truly the best way to go.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
No they will not

Here's all you need to know about a trust for CO. Contact Rodney and you'll have a Trust within 48 hrs, depending on his schedule. NFA is not a poor man's hobby. You'll have to spend some $$ to enjoy it. Start with a trust from a reputable atty.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_20/577059_Looking_for_CO_NFA_Trust_attorney_______.html
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Which will only continue to work if ATF 41P doesn't go through, which it looks like it will.  In that case, there is no workaround.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which will only continue to work if ATF 41P doesn't go through, which it looks like it will.  In that case, there is no workaround.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Correct.  He should get a trust ASAP and use savings and the credit card to its limits in the meantime.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Which is why we need shall sign legislation and we needed it yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes.  Excellent point.  I'm sure that I could get my senator (Marble) to get something going.  My rep however, is a statist.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

You will find no argument from me on that front.

You will, however, find argument from the statists that currently occupy our legislature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top