Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2014 3:08:36 PM EDT
Anyone know the most common snakes in the foothills area near Bear Creek and Morrison just west of Denver?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen two rattlesnakes on North Table Mountain. So they're pretty common?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Rattler, bull and Gardner
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm nowhere near Denver but yesterday I saw a 6' bull snake right outside my house.  It explains why I haven't seen those ground squirrels in a while.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Rattlesnakes, bull snakes, garter snakes, and depending on where you are, milk snakes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Met that little fucker on the Chimney Gulch trail my second or third day here. My foot was about a foot away from that before I heard the rattle

Taught me a lesson about hiking with headphones for damn sure.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
The only rattlers I have seen in 28 years in CO have been downrange at Ft Carson and the area the OP mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only rattlers I have seen in 28 years in CO have been downrange at Ft Carson and the area the OP mentioned.
View Quote

The only one I have seen was a dead one in the middle of the street about a minute from my house. Still no sightings in the foothills of ft collins. Or RMNP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only one I have seen was a dead one in the middle of the street about a minute from my house. Still no sightings in the foothills of ft collins. Or RMNP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen a ton.  A bunch in Golden, a couple in Roxborough State Park, a couple near the flatirons, and quite a few out at Pawnee.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#9]
A rattler just behind a bench at Riverbend ponds in Fort Collins.  My little kid was about 3 feet from one very pissed off snake.  

Scared the living fuck out of me, and I left a bruise on kids arm pulling him back.

I've heard they were bad at Horsetooth this summer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top