Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2017 2:10:05 AM EDT
I was out hiking yesterday around the Carbonado/Melmont Ghost Town area and found someone's drivers license on the ground next to the trail.  I found him on Facebook and sent a message but I know messages to non-friends typically aren't ever read.  It looks like he is or was in the Army so I thought I'd post here and see if he's around.  If I can't get ahold of him in a day or two I will just mail it to the address on the license (It's in Yelm) and hopefully it's current.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
A few years ago I had something similar happen. I found a wallet at a rest stop, found the guy on facebook and messaged him. Im glad I did because his address wasnt current. If you dont get a response might try public records to verify the address.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the last name?  If he's Army someone here might know him.  I can post something on the Pacific Northwest Hikers forum.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the last name?  If he's Army someone here might know him.  I can post something on the Pacific Northwest Hikers forum.
View Quote
Symanski

I might have found his email address so I sent him a message through that too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Simply drop it in a blue mailbox, or drop it off at the post office.  It will be sent to the owner postage due by the post office.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simply drop it in a blue mailbox, or drop it off at the post office.  It will be sent to the owner postage due by the post office.
View Quote
Didn't know this! I haven't gotten any response so this is probably what I will end up doing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can't get a hold of him, sometimes it's better to just shred it, they've probably already ordered a replacement . At least that one no one else will take advantage of any info on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top