Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2017 4:37:54 PM EDT
Spread the news far and wide and be there!

This is a reminder from my previous posts.

There is a Second Amendment Rally THIS FRIDAY in Olympia on the steps of the Capitol.
The main topic will be opposition to the newly proposed Assault Weapons ban.
Even though there is little chance of it passing legislatively, we cannot allow sufficient public sentiment to generate a referendum.
Be there in strength and the media message will be that much stronger.

The event runs from 0900-1200
At the Washington State Capitol
416 Sid Snyder Ave SW, Olympia, Washington 98504

There is an opportunity to meet you state legislators and tell them your opinions on this vital issue directly.
That's why it is being conducted during the week.

I'm taking a vacation day from work, as are many of my friends.
Be there in force!
I have free T-shirts for attendees.  Only stipulation, if you take one, you have to wear it for the rally as a show of solidarity.

Set aside January 13th. We are going to Olympia to Rally for Our Rights again. Our main goal this year is just as it has been the last couple of years. We are rallying to our representatives. We will have a short rally at 9:00 AM to discuss the current issues regarding our right to keep and bear arms. Following this all attendies are asked to get to your representatives to meet and discuss the issues with them. We will have a team there to both help you find your reps and to help you write letters to them as well. In the past these have been quite successful. Those attending were able to get to many of their representatives to meet and speak with them. Let's do this again folks and see if we can get 1000 people there this year. We know it is a weekday so please do whatever is necessary to get that day free.

Please note: We would like to ask anyone that carries firearms to please keep them holstered or slung. Each of us is responsible for our own actions. That includes both appropriate safety and conducting ourselves in a respectful manner that will reflect positively on the group as a whole. Thanks.
View Quote

For those of you who FaceBook
Rally 4 UR Rights
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow!

Not a single reply in 41 views.
Pathetic.

Enjoy the waning days of AW and magazine ownership gentlemen.
Speaking as someone who escaped California, the same EXACT process of events that ruined that state are occurring here.

Wake up and fight!

Or enjoy your chai latte.

Your choice.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I won't be able to take that day off, but I'm sure you won't be the only one there!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't take a day off with so little notice.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow!

Not a single reply in 41 views.
Pathetic.

Enjoy the waning days of AW and magazine ownership gentlemen.
Speaking as someone who escaped California, the same EXACT process of events that ruined that state are occurring here.

Wake up and fight!

Or enjoy your chai latte.

Your choice.
View Quote
I hate that these things are always during the week.  I understand that's how it works but I can't just not go to work.  Doesn't really work that way when your doing street work and everything is scheduled in advance.   If things open up somehow I'll be there
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why I posted the heads up two months ago...

But you were too busy being smarmy.

It's been on my work calendar as a vacation day since before Thanksgiving.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/608482_Counter-Protest-Callout.html#i6720369

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_15/603480_Second-Amendment-Rally--Olympia--Sep-24-2016.html

That was the WARNORD.

This is the EXORD.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hate that these things are always during the week.  I understand that's how it works but I can't just not go to work.  Doesn't really work that way when your doing street work and everything is scheduled in advance.   If things open up somehow I'll be there
View Quote

The last one was on a Saturday, with a pathetic turnout of about 30.

We had 2000 after Sandy Hook.  So I know we can do better.

This one is during the week so the Legislative offices are open and people can talk to their legislators.

With the media behind the AG and the Washington Ceasefire org we have to get numbers to appear as a legitimate force instead of just 30 gun nuts.
Strategic messging to the masses is vital.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This one is during the week so the Legislative offices are open and people can talk to their legislators.

With the media behind the AG and the Washington Ceasefire org we have to get numbers to appear as a legitimate force instead of just 30 gun nuts.
View Quote
Shit, I guess I need to go a better job checking the hometown forum.  Got caught up with the election and stopped paying attention to local news.  Figured if Hillary got elected then nothing really mattered anyhow.   I'll try to get there.   
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:36:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But you were too busy being smarmy.
View Quote

See? You should have changed the topic title.

There are two other responses to your post - all three of us say the same thing.
Where's your biting response to them?

You should put away the butthurt and next time take some constructive criticism.
"Hey KA3B, you're right, I should change the topic title to better reflect what I am trying to say".

Next time ask the mods for a tac to the top of the forum.

Also, why are you posting links for events that have already happened?  
They have nothing to do with the event you just posted.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I've gone to rallies in Salem and Olympia and Washington DC...But I can't go on a weekday right now even with "infinity notice".  Sorry that's not good enough for you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#10]
In!

Anybody who needs a ride from the Factoria area hit me up by IM.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shit, I guess I need to go a better job checking the hometown forum.  Got caught up with the election and stopped paying attention to local news.  Figured if Hillary got elected then nothing really mattered anyhow.   I'll try to get there.   
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These events really are poorly promoted, and we still get a few hundred people. Contrast that to the few dozen (count provided by a journalist who went to observe) who turned out for the pro-AWB rally. And they give their people a bus ride to the Capitol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be there, I am spreading the word to the people in my contact list.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking at coming, maybe able to bring 2 friends.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I called Becker, Barkin, and Wilcox office to set a face to face meeting.  They are all booked Friday.  Did anyone else get a meeting with them?  If so may I join you?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

See? You should have changed the topic title.

There are two other responses to your post - all three of us say the same thing.
Where's your biting response to them?

You should put away the butthurt and next time take some constructive criticism.
"Hey KA3B, you're right, I should change the topic title to better reflect what I am trying to say".

Next time ask the mods for a tac to the top of the forum.

Also, why are you posting links for events that have already happened?  
They have nothing to do with the event you just posted.  
View Quote

if you noticed, I took you advice for this thread title.  

Those links above mention this rally.
In response to your "need more than a few days notice"  comment.

I'm not butthurt, I'm angry.
Angry at the apathy of Washington gun owners who willingly and moan online about 594, AW bans, et al., but won't DO anything to protect their own civil rights.
So my tone is attempt to goad you into action, to shame you for doing nothing and making excuses.

So feel free to jab your spear at me, or turn around and poke Ferguson and the antigunners.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

These events really are poorly promoted, and we still get a few hundred people. Contrast that to the few dozen (count provided by a journalist who went to observe) who turned out for the pro-AWB rally. And they give their people a bus ride to the Capitol.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a flexible schedule this week so I think I will turn out for this one.

The last time I was at Olympia was the post Sandy Hook rally  and yes that was very big.

Maybe see some of you there...  I know I get shit for saying this every time but LOOK RESPECTABLE.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]
On the issue of poor communication:

Besides here, and facebook (which I rarely log onto); is there something else we should be doing?

Perhaps a SLACK network, or an old fashion Phone Tree?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Besides here, and facebook (which I rarely log onto); is there something else we should be doing?

View Quote

Personally, my approach has been to find a way to interact with my representatives.  In my case it worked out that signing up to be a Republican PCO and attending the monthly PCO meetings for my district allows me to regularly see my Republican representatives, and discuss what is currently going on and give opinions on what I'd like to see go on.  You then are encouraged to walk your own precinct (knock on doors in person) and get to know your neighbors and what their desires are.  This gives you a chance to talk with those people and try to sway them.  Or at least identify who you call to make sure they send in their ballot come election time.

You may not have Republican representatives, or they may not attend the PCO meeting.  You could instead sign up to be a Democrat PCO and work from within that camp toward our ends.  You can attend PCO meetings without being a PCO, they're not secret cabals.  

If you tell me what legislative district you're in I could try to point you to a local PCO meeting.  Or you could search online for it yourself.  What I have found is that the MAJORITY of our legislature's attention is on McCleary/education, with very little thought given to much else.  Democrats and Republicans both seem to avoid firearm laws when possible because it is a dangerous topic for reelection.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#22]
We're going to try and make it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Personally, my approach has been to find a way to interact with my representatives.  In my case it worked out that signing up to be a Republican PCO and attending the monthly PCO meetings for my district allows me to regularly see my Republican representatives, and discuss what is currently going on and give opinions on what I'd like to see go on.  You then are encouraged to walk your own precinct (knock on doors in person) and get to know your neighbors and what their desires are.  This gives you a chance to talk with those people and try to sway them.  Or at least identify who you call to make sure they send in their ballot come election time.

You may not have Republican representatives, or they may not attend the PCO meeting.  You could instead sign up to be a Democrat PCO and work from within that camp toward our ends.  You can attend PCO meetings without being a PCO, they're not secret cabals.  

If you tell me what legislative district you're in I could try to point you to a local PCO meeting.  Or you could search online for it yourself.  What I have found is that the MAJORITY of our legislature's attention is on McCleary/education, with very little thought given to much else.  Democrats and Republicans both seem to avoid firearm laws when possible because it is a dangerous topic for reelection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The group we could mobilize is retirees. They have time to attend these things and take action during the week. Many of them do not have Facebook or even email. The only way to reach them is by walking over and knocking on their door.

I'd like to see local gun shops and ranges help spread the word. At the best they are very passive, at worst I have met with active resistance to suggestions like hanging an announcement or passing out handbills to every customer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#24]
The bills are dead on arrival.  

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't attend the hearings or contact our elected officials.  

After the rally where the a-holes were constantly cycling their actions I decided I was done with all of these rallies.  Doesn't mean I will not fight these laws, it just means I'll do it in a different manner.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of us have smaller local sub-groups of gun owners and patriots and we rally the troops within our own ranks.

Watching the news and knowing there are issues like Ferguson's AWB proposal is very important.
Get people talking.

FB, for all its drawbacks, is a good source of info for things like this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It doesn't mean that we shouldn't attend the hearings or contact our elected officials.  

After the rally where the a-holes were constantly cycling their actions I decided I was done with all of these rallies.  Doesn't mean I will not fight these laws, it just means I'll do it in a different manner.
View Quote

The real threat comes in the form of the Initiative process.

Unless we can unseat these Dem Governors, the hold at the Legislature remains tentative at best.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The real threat comes in the form of the Initiative process.

Unless we can unseat these Dem Governors, the hold at the Legislature remains tentative at best.
View Quote

I would agree, the initiative process is our weak link.  Luckily for us we have enough middle of the road democrats to keep these bills from becoming law.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would agree, the initiative process is our weak link.  Luckily for us we have enough middle of the road democrats to keep these bills from becoming law.
View Quote

We're still out numbered by uneducated "Ostrich" voters who just keep their head in the sand and believe whatever the winning side tells them. Explain the cost of the proposed systems, the backlog already happening to the systems we have now, the budget shortfalls our state has yet to overcome, the fact that the number of "assault weapons" used in crimes last year was next-to-none, and so on and so forth. We need to start preparing to beat the initiative now, because that is their end-game. Grandstand the shit out of this, so they can say "Look what everyone voted against. Common sense gun laws" and when Bob runs for Inslee's seat, he will use this as a notch in his belt of all his great ideas and why he should be elected.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Unless the dems shove it down your throats while ignoring the people the represent like they did in co.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A lot of us have smaller local sub-groups of gun owners and patriots and we rally the troops within our own ranks.

Watching the news and knowing there are issues like Ferguson's AWB proposal is very important.
Get people talking.

FB, for all its drawbacks, is a good source of info for things like this.
View Quote

Last 2 days I've invited about a half dozen younger friends on FB. They had no idea this thing was happening, including a few I sent the invite to before Christmas.

We have to do a better job of, frankly, nagging. We also need to pass out handbills. Something physical that serves as a reminder. It's the only way to reach the retirees, and they are our great untapped resource.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those guys were out of control. If they show up again we need a plan to firmly but nonconfrontationally let them know they are behaving unacceptably.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We're still out numbered by uneducated "Ostrich" voters who just keep their head in the sand and believe whatever the winning side tells them. Explain the cost of the proposed systems, the backlog already happening to the systems we have now, the budget shortfalls our state has yet to overcome, the fact that the number of "assault weapons" used in crimes last year was next-to-none, and so on and so forth. We need to start preparing to beat the initiative now, because that is their end-game. Grandstand the shit out of this, so they can say "Look what everyone voted against. Common sense gun laws" and when Bob runs for Inslee's seat, he will use this as a notch in his belt of all his great ideas and why he should be elected.
View Quote

Those are the ones we need to educate with analysis of the text of the bill. I still have friends who are shocked, shocked I tell you! to learn how onerous I-594 is. They tend to "assume" it will be reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:45:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Those guys were out of control. If they show up again we need a plan to firmly but nonconfrontationally let them know they are behaving unacceptably.
View Quote

Don't need a plan. Just walk up and say it.

I'm planning on being there tomorrow. If those groups are around doing their shenanigans, we need to just walk up and tell them flat out that they are destroying our image and remind them that their picture was on the front page of every local media outlet and led to people voting for 594.. What are they gonna do? Fight us? Shoot us? Follow us home? They won't do a damn thing on or off the capitol grounds.

IIRC it was the group from Sipsey Street and I believe their blog/forum is shut down so there is at least slightly less risk of it happening again.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Here we go. I'll be carrying a red bag full of NRA shirts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Make sure to let them know that many more people would have shown up if they could have gotten the time off from work, like me. I have already contacted my rep and he is opposed to these bills. I hope we as 2nd Amendment supporters are able to help prevent this from becoming an initiative in the future also!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Be safe folks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Crowd of about 100 to 150 here so far.   a few rifle OCers but everyone being respectable.   cold as balls and the Capitol is a mess with trash from the governors ball which apparently occurred this week.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Crowd of about 100 to 150 here so far.   a few rifle OCers but everyone being respectable.   cold as balls and the Capitol is a mess with trash from the governors ball which apparently occurred this week.
View Quote

Everyone is being well behaved. Rep from dist 41 came by, greeted and shook hands. Semmed cool.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Total crowd about 250.  Thanks to those who could come out.

There were many more than last time and many, many more than we saw supporting Ferguson's proposals.

We will likely fare well in the legislature, but we must prepare ourselves for an initiative fight.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#40]
That's only a 10 round mag in my AR by the way.... (far right)

10 rounds of 458SOCOM that is!  

Shea calls for repeal of I-594
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#41]
My public apologies for not showing. I signed up, but, my current health (or, lack thereof) prevented my attendance. I wish I had the energy I enjoyed back when I actively recruited for the NRA. Next year, I'll be prepared. If I can't come, I'll send a lifesized cardboard of me. 
Meanwhile, fuck Ferguson, Murray, the other Murray, Cantwell, Inslee et al.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If I can't come, I'll send a lifesized cardboard of me. 
View Quote

I thought you ARE a cardboard cutout of you???
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:31:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's only a 10 round mag in my AR by the way.... (far right)

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2017/01/13/_DSC1843.JPG

10 rounds of 458SOCOM that is!  

Shea calls for repeal of I-594
View Quote

Stood next to you guys a few times freezing my ass off. Left the gloves in the truck.

I would really like to hear what the rationale behind carrying the radios is though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:40:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Stood next to you guys a few times freezing my ass off. Left the gloves in the truck.

I would really like to hear what the rationale behind carrying the radios is though.
View Quote

Multiple vehicles driving down, so we used them to coordinate directions, parking, bullshit stories, traffic issues etc.  Bunch of thieves in Olympia () so don't leave them in the vehicles.  Plus, it helped us regroup afterwards so that nobody got left behind without a ride.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

We had to make fun of the guy riding the bicycle on I-5 at 6AM!

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My public apologies for not showing. I signed up, but, my current health (or, lack thereof) prevented my attendance. I wish I had the energy I enjoyed back when I actively recruited for the NRA. Next year, I'll be prepared. If I can't come, I'll send a lifesized cardboard of me. 
Meanwhile, fuck Ferguson, Murray, the other Murray, Cantwell, Inslee et al.
View Quote

I was there. Pity that none of my reps were in their office to meet and greet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top