Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2016 9:45:38 AM EDT
For those who FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/151947311896125/

For those who don't, it's time once again to march. Save the date, this is a numbers game and we need to get as many as possible out there. Invite your family, particularly the retirees who may not get the message since they don't do FB or email or computers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife and I could prolly make it to this. It's fun to open carry rifles and shit during these events. Legal at this location?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless the troublemakers fouled it up, we are one of the few states where it's legal to carry inside the capitol. At the past events the State Patrol has been cordial and supportive. It's cartainly legal to carry on the grounds and hundreds have done so without incident at previous event
All relevant laws apply, the easiest place to get in trouble would be loaded rifle in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I don't mess with the loaded rifle / car law. At things like this I usually just CC a 9mm and just keep an empty mag in the rifle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Their web site is pretty spartan: gunrightscoalition.org
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this one going to be like the last one I went to with:
Whacko Cliven Bundy speaking
Trannies
Tards flagging the crowd with their rifles
Guys sloppily dressed up in multicam with tapco fucked AKs
etc etc you get the point

Because if so, I have no desire to be associated with these people
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trannies

View Quote

There is literally no way to avoid these types at these events. You would think at a minimum people would wear clean clothes and shower before coming, but  it's too much to ask. Greasy hair and surplus 90s BDUs are more comfortable.  And they wonder why the public keeps painting us as slack jawed rednecks.

Now I say this and I know there will be a few who say "at least they're doing something," yes they are, but is that something as positive as it could be?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Trannies

View Quote

Well, I'm none of those, but never been to one of these. But I think it may be time.

I'm thinking just CC a pistol, I've never carried a rifle open carry at an event, I don't see the necessity. Am I wrong on that idea?

I'll do it if it is helpful, I just don't think it is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#9]
last time I went to rally in Salem OR I didn't bring a long gun and I regretted it. All the cool kids there had one and I was sad that I didn't have one with me. For this event I'm trying to decide what the most "evil" looking option would be:

1. AK SBR with folding stock and 75 round drum
2. AR 300blk SBR with Betamag and silencer

Tough decision. Both are kinda awkward to carry around. Maybe I'll just use a regular mag. I've always thought that the AK was as evil as you could get with guns (in the minds of libtards) but with all the focus on the AR15 these days....I dunno. It's a toss up!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
last time I went to rally in Salem OR I didn't bring a long gun and I regretted it. All the cool kids there had one and I was sad that I didn't have one with me. For this event I'm trying to decide what the most "evil" looking option would be:

Tough decision. Both are kinda awkward to carry around. Maybe I'll just use a regular mag. I've always thought that the AK was as evil as you could get with guns (in the minds of libtards) but with all the focus on the AR15 these days....I dunno. It's a toss up!
View Quote

Yeah, that's really going to help us out. Go ahead and reinforce the idea that we're all nut jobs that carry rifles everywhere

Would it kill you to dress and act like an adult instead of attention whoring to get yourself on the homepage of the local news sites?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:21:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's really going to help us out. Go ahead and reinforce the idea that we're all nut jobs that carry rifles everywhere

Would it kill you to dress and act like an adult instead of attention whoring to get yourself on the homepage of the local news sites?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.

Seriously, whenever people show up in camo and open carrying, it just looks bad. Show up in nice attire, maybe bring the first amendment (signs) to get your point across. Anyone on the fence on the issue will not be swayed by what they perceive as threats.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't wear camo...anywhere. I'm not wearing a suit to a picnic though, geez. Wasn't aware that the dress code Gestapo were going to be acting as hall monitors for this thing.

Not seeing these problem with open carry either. Desensitization is required if there ever going to be any improvement in the 2A front. Rights that you can only have within your own home where no one can see you aren't Rights. Are there some idiot OCers? Sure...but if we behave such that ONLY idiots OC what message will that send the general public? Do you want 100% of people that regular people see with guns to be idiots? Ok then, bring your rifle on the 24th.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't wear camo...anywhere. I'm not wearing a suit to a picnic though, geez. Wasn't aware that the dress code Gestapo were going to be acting as hall monitors for this thing.

Not seeing these problem with open carry either. Desensitization is required if there ever going to be any improvement in the 2A front. Rights that you can only have within your own home where no one can see you aren't Rights. Are there some idiot OCers? Sure...but if we behave such that ONLY idiots OC what message will that send the general public? Do you want 100% of people that regular people see with guns to be idiots? Ok then, bring your rifle on the 24th.

View Quote

Who do you think we're trying to convince that the 2A is OK with these rallys? Gun owners? Nope, they're already convinced. Hard core anti gunners? Nope, won't change their minds.

It's the fence sitters. The people who haven't made up their minds yet.

Open carrying rifles at an event like this only brings negative attention whether you want it or not. Don't give the liberal media easy ammunition.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who do you think we're trying to convince that the 2A is OK with these rallys? Gun owners? Nope, they're already convinced. Hard core anti gunners? Nope, won't change their minds.

Open carrying rifles at an event like this only brings negative attention whether you want it or not. Don't give the liberal media easy ammunition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...because no one is setting a good example. You can't stop the "idiot OCer" from OC'ing...so your plan, like it or not, results in 100% of rifles seen in public in the hands of cops and idiots. Not my idea a bright happy future for the 2A. Your plan also ignores similar / recent political movements. Did gay people get marriage rights hiding in their houses? Nope. You have to get the word out there. "This is a gun, people have a right to have one, they are no threat to you" is the message for the mushy middle when they see well behaved normal people with one. Is the media going to TRY to spin out another way? Of course they are. They ALWAYS do. Does that mean we have no 1A Rights because the media might try to spin our message? Do we roll up in the fetal and cry for momma...behind closed doors? Not if we want to win.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't have a problem with someone OCing a long gun,  in fact personally I didn't do so at the first rally I went to because I didn't want to look nuts,  until I saw normal looking dudes in polos and business attire doing it.

If you're going to OC,  JUST DON'T LOOK LIKE A HOBO!
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I will be teaching a carbine class that morning until 1230, but will try to make it down afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]
A good opportunity to wear my new "Deplorables" shirt.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with someone OCing a long gun,  in fact personally I didn't do so at the first rally I went to because I didn't want to look nuts,  until I saw normal looking dudes in polos and business attire doing it.

If you're going to OC,  JUST DON'T LOOK LIKE A HOBO!
View Quote

That was pretty much my trajectory. At first I thought it would be too confrontational, but now I'm all for it.

It was amazing how responsible everyone was. At the time, there were rallies all over the country. Thousands OC'ing long guns and hand guns. Zero incidents.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A good opportunity to wear my new "Deplorables" shirt.
View Quote

I will have some NRA shirts to hand out. Only caveat is, you must wear it for the rally. Best if we look organized, rather than rag-tag.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 2:49:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Are People meeting somewhere before hand?

Meet somewhere and park, then walk in? Never been before.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Are People meeting somewhere before hand?

Meet somewhere and park, then walk in? Never been before.
View Quote

There is a large public lot behind thr Capitol buildings where you can park and walk about 3 mins to the greens.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm planning to go since I missed the last one.

I'll most likely wear some nice clothes, my OIF Vet hat and if I carry my long arm it'll eith be an M1 Garand or an older bolt gun. If a crowd has more than just AR's and AK's it might help the non 2A community see that it's more than just people with "evil assault rifles" who care about the second amendment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Trannies

View Quote

BCM556, I agree 100% with everything you're saying and its the "fence sitters" that can AND will hurt our 2A rights, which are under assault now AND even worse if HRC becomes the next President. I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan of OC-ing in an urban area since I've seen people freak out and become fearful of seeing somebody walking around Walmart with an AR or AK slung over their back... Hell, I even focused all my attention on these "attention whores" since I'm not 100% sure if they are a threat to my family or myself...  Sorry, trust isn't one of my strong points, especially with somebody who looks like an extra from the Deliverance movie set... Forget about looking...  Again, "looking" like a back-woods phuck with 5th grade education, who's mission is to "educate" all the "wet-siders" on guns.

I'll probably drive by first before parking to see if its looking like its going to be a goat phuck of a show since I don't want anything to do with hurting our gun right before the eyes of the general public or allowing the press/media to those "special folks" with an AR/AK or even worse a SBR for propaganda.  We all know that the press/media is against us and will use any trick to twist the story around...  Trust me, they will zero in on the most retarded camo wearing, nasty looking neck bearded guy/gal(??) with the most evil looking semi-auto rifle to show "Joe Public" that we're a bunch of backward azz losers AND that how can you, "Joe Public," support these individuals.  Just remember that we REALLY need every fence sitter to be on our side.

And yes, we can be our own worst enemy...  Especially after last year's event... IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#24]
There was a small group who stood on top of the Capitol steps shouting during the speeches, and racking the bolts on their weapons. They barged into one of the chambers where a hearing was in progress.

This is the kind of element we cannot tolerate, and we need not cede our public presence to them. Normal people need to get out there and stand for their rights.

My group will have NRA t-shirts to hand out. Come find us and get a shirt, wear it proudly, and help us present a unified public face.

Or stay home and let the shitheads represent us. But don't come in my thread and complain about it unless you attend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There was a small group who stood on top of the Capitol steps shouting during the speeches, and racking the bolts on their weapons. They barged into one of the chambers where a hearing was in progress.

This is the kind of element we cannot tolerate, and we need not cede our public presence to them. Normal people need to get out there and stand for their rights.

My group will have NRA t-shirts to hand out. Come find us and get a shirt, wear it proudly, and help us present a unified public face.

Or stay home and let the shitheads represent us. But don't come in my thread and complain about it unless you attend.
View Quote

Yep, this is still the first GIS result that comes up for "olympia open carry"

Loaded AR pistols at low ready, trench coats, surplus combat boots, bug out bags, and mad dog stares. Classy.

The specific group in question that showed up like this IIRC was a bunch of guys from Sipsey Street Irregulars.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Loaded AR pistols at low ready, trench coats, surplus combat boots, bug out bags, and mad dog stares. Classy.

The specific group in question that showed up like this IIRC was a bunch of guys from Sipsey Street Irregulars.

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2015/01/18/washington-state-senate-bans-open-carry-guns-in-public-gallery/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1438274102181.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/politics/2015/01/18/washington-state-senate-bans-open-carry-guns-in-public-gallery/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1438274102181.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Those were the guys. That is exactly the image we need to avoid.

I am suspucious they are a false flag operation. If they read this I'd like to hear how they think their behavior helps our cause.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#27]
That tiny minority do sound like idiots. I'll be there to demo ocing without being an idiot...
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:38:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I'm out. The biopsies from My Thyroid and lymph nodes came back malignant. I see the endocrinologist tomorrow, and might start the Iodine Radiation as soon as Friday. Had My Thyroid removed last Thursday.

Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, I'm out. The biopsies from My Thyroid and lymph nodes came back malignant. I see the endocrinologist tomorrow, and might start the Iodine Radiation as soon as Friday. Had My Thyroid removed last Thursday.

Maybe next time.
View Quote

Oh man. That constitutes a solid medical absence. Best wishes on your treatment. Did they catch it early?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Remember, there will be press there.  

Strategic imaging is VERY important.
If we want to be taken seriously, as the main stream thought and opinion in this state, we can't appear to be a fringe element.

The newsies will be looking for the outrageous to photograph and videotape.  There will be some of those people there.  
But if you look at past photos of these events, the vast majority of people standing around the one-off people are regular folks.
That's important, and numbers matter.

Wear a collared shirt or a clean sweater/sweatshirt if you can.  
That magpul hat and BDU trousers aren't going to help convince a soccer mom you're not a threat.

Messaging - that average, everyday people own and use ARs and other firearms regularly and responsibly is very important.

We will have some pass out "NRA Stand and Fight" T-shirts so we appear more organized.
If you take one you must wear it at the rally.  Keep it for the next rally.  

Proper behavior is also important.  Remember the 4 firearms rules.
If approached by a reporter, talk to them, it's the only way to keep getting our message out.
Speak in a steady rational tone.  
Don't allow them to lead you down a road you don't want to go.
Know they will try to cut your statements into a specific narrative they are looking for.

Also - Have Fun!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't wear collared shirts unless I'm at work or someone has died. I do have my own long sleeve NRA shirt though, to class the place up a bit.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't wear collared shirts unless I'm at work or someone has died. I do have my own long sleeve NRA shirt though, to class the place up a bit.

View Quote

Be yourself. Gun owners come from all walks of life. If they want to start singling out people who don't live at the upper tiers of society, well that gives us ample ammunition to point out their hypocrisy.

A few of us have bought extra NRA t shirts to pass out on the condition you put it on and wear it for the rally. Free shirt, and it will help us look less rag-tag.

I'll put a BFL on my sign. Hopefully EdSr doesn't sue me. I'd like to meet more of the  HTF guys in person, we are well past the time we need to organize.

We're also looking at doing some kind of live stream. I've never tried any of the services. I think facebook has such a feature. Anybody got recommendations?

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll see you guys down there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's fine.

I didn't mean to imply there's a uniform requirement.
Just that imaging is important.  
Gun owners are the entire swath of the population.
That's an important statement too.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Would love to meet some of you guys but it looks like I'll be in California for work. Best of luck, please take some pictures and post.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh man. That constitutes a solid medical absence. Best wishes on your treatment. Did they catch it early?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe next time.

Yes, very early. I was having an esophagram done for an indigestion problem, and they notice 2 small nodules on the thyroid. It was caught early, and is a very treatable form of cancer.

All will be good. Just kind of sucks as I really wanted to go.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Also, no chemo for a week or so. My daughter and grandson live in University Place, my Wife is trying to find an affordable place to crash near there, she can visit while I drive down to the rally.

I have a medical condition, and wear leg braces, they are much easier to wear with shorts, so I wear shorts all the time. all I got are camo cargo shorts, not mil issue. Do I need something else to wear?

I'm clean cut, clean clothes, well mannered and looking to do the right thing to project an image. I believe in all the things posted here, should I OC one of My AR's? Be one of the people that can "do it right"

Being new to this, I really want to meet up with You, get a shirt, wear it, and be part of the right crowd. Watch and follow some of the more experienced people to get the message out.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#38]
What time is everyone planning to,arrive and is there a meetup place?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was just going to ask the same question.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes, very early. I was having an esophagram done for an indigestion problem, and they notice 2 small nodules on the thyroid. It was caught early, and is a very treatable form of cancer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe next time.

We are planning to live stream somehow. I'll post a link here.

Also, I'll curb stomp a liberal for you. Get well, and we'll see you at the next one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

A bunch of us are meeting somewhere around Renton-ish for breakfast. Location TBD. Hit me up for an IM.

Hey, can anybody recommend a good breakfast place somewhere around Renton/ South Center/ Fed Way? We're looking for a local joint with good corned beef hash.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Also, no chemo for a week or so. My daughter and grandson live in University Place, my Wife is trying to find an affordable place to crash near there, she can visit while I drive down to the rally.

I have a medical condition, and wear leg braces, they are much easier to wear with shorts, so I wear shorts all the time. all I got are camo cargo shorts, not mil issue. Do I need something else to wear?

I'm clean cut, clean clothes, well mannered and looking to do the right thing to project an image. I believe in all the things posted here, should I OC one of My AR's? Be one of the people that can "do it right"

Being new to this, I really want to meet up with You, get a shirt, wear it, and be part of the right crowd. Watch and follow some of the more experienced people to get the message out.

Dave
View Quote

Be yourself and act responsibly. I was very nervous about the first one. I had visions of tear gas, counter protesters, ND's and all kinds of mean nasty things. It's actually quite mundane in practice.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A bunch of us are meeting somewhere around Renton-ish for breakfast. Location TBD. Hit me up for an IM.

Hey, can anybody recommend a good breakfast place somewhere around Renton/ South Center/ Fed Way? We're looking for a local joint with good corned beef hash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Denny's in Fife is actually pretty good and is right off of I-5.. But it's still a Denny's. Last time I ate there I had the hash, it's really hard to screw it up.

There is also Poodle Dog pretty much across the road which is an older family diner.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There is also Poodle Dog pretty much across the road which is an older family diner.
View Quote

I was actually thinking about the Poodle Dog.  I've never eaten there, but I've always wanted to from the time I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in the early 1990s.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, this.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was actually thinking about the Poodle Dog.  I've never eaten there, but I've always wanted to from the time I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in the early 1990s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've driven by the place about a million times. Worth a try.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#47]
We'll have a group of about a half dozen at The Poodle Dog about 0830, depending on traffic

Anyone is welcome to join us, just flash the arf sign
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll post in this thread on the day of the rally so we can coordinate.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#49]
We are at the poodle dog. Way in the back down the hallway. Ask for all the NRA gun nuts
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Of course something comes up and I am not able to go.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top