BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cannot imagine using drug money to benefit education.  Don't we stand for something?
View Quote

Drug money?

Jesus Christ man, grow up. We aren't talking about pushing meth in front of schools and using it to pay for the school.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
We have fought drug use in schools for years.  I can't agree with this.

We have plenty of money in education.  The money is currently mismanaged.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From a truly libertarian standpoint, yes you're right.

But this is a vote on one particular issue that I feel would bring an influx of people to the area that are against other freedoms that we at ARF hold up highly - so this is a vote specfic to the issue, Not one against blanket freedom.  Such is the state of our current democracy.  Voting for the marajuana measure isn't going to suddenly make our nation libertarian or attract conservatives to the state. This measure while allowing people to legally do a taboo thing, establishes significant regulation and increases the reach of legislation relating to the issues, expanding or changing the governments role - among other things.

Again, while I beleive we should work in this direction in the future, NO on the issue for now is where I stand.  Follow the lead of other states first and see if it's something we really want in our state, and let the novelty pass and the liberal  hippies settle down somewhere else first.

Others please share your argument, either way, because I also see the hypocracy for deliberately voting against expanding freedom of choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you are either FOR freedom or against it

But this is a vote on one particular issue that I feel would bring an influx of people to the area that are against other freedoms that we at ARF hold up highly - so this is a vote specfic to the issue, Not one against blanket freedom.  Such is the state of our current democracy.  Voting for the marajuana measure isn't going to suddenly make our nation libertarian or attract conservatives to the state. This measure while allowing people to legally do a taboo thing, establishes significant regulation and increases the reach of legislation relating to the issues, expanding or changing the governments role - among other things.

Again, while I beleive we should work in this direction in the future, NO on the issue for now is where I stand.  Follow the lead of other states first and see if it's something we really want in our state, and let the novelty pass and the liberal  hippies settle down somewhere else first.

Others please share your argument, either way, because I also see the hypocracy for deliberately voting against expanding freedom of choice.

typical gun board libertarian, I am for freedom as long as I approve of those people and they are interested in the same freedoms as me...  this also often translates to those people looking and thinking like me too...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I voted NO.

If it were just for the repeal of current laws I would have voted YES, but this thing is just another chance for a big government money grab.

This will be nothing more than a another reason for an additional agency created to monitor, tax, dispense, and control.

Any time a new "law"  is passed, it's nothing more than a new reason to tax.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I cannot imagine using drug money to benefit education.  Don't we stand for something?
View Quote

No one seems to complain when we use tobacco tax for healthcare or alcohol tax for everything (pretty sure it goes to General Fund)
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No one seems to complain when we use tobacco tax for healthcare or alcohol tax for everything (pretty sure it goes to General Fund)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the new school books are going to be printed on hemp, giving all our children contact highs when they are at school

Think of the children!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or complain when there doctor prescribes narcotics by the truck load.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Libertarian in me is on board with legalization, but this measure is not just that.

It is just more crony capitalism.  Sets up a marijuana control board like the liquor control board to regulate the dispensaries.  Only currently licensed dispensaries will be able to apply for licenses for new stores.

Also in the fine print it basically prevents anyone from being prosecuted for any offense if under the influence of marijuana.

There is lots to not like in the proposition, hopefully people will read it before voting.

If it just decriminalized possession and use I would vote for it.  I will vote no on this one.

Doesn't directly affect me anyway, I work in aviation, random drug tests and all that.
View Quote

I'm pro-pot, but voted NO. Check out NoFakeLegalization if you have not already. It puts the pros and cons in black and white. Personally, I believe to cons far outweigh the pros.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
A lot of dope smokers are voting no on this one.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Generally speaking no additional money ever collected by the government will ever go to education. It will be "lost in the sauce" or go to teachers unions.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of vets are pushing for the approval of the measure. VA is garbage and the entire formulary at VAs disposal is less than 120 medications. When you're given daily allotments of morphine and oxycodone because it's the easiest thing to dispense, isn't an answer you want to hear from a healthcare provider. And yet, me and 4 other vets in my neighborhood are in the same sinking ship and it's a common complaint throughout the country. As many have said though, it's a freedom of choice and there are worse things than having unwanted tourists coming around. While they're here, they will only increase the state's revenue with their purchases and help local businesses. As a state, we need to maintain our core values, elect the right representatives that share our beliefs, and remind tourists that they are just that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]
This is so simple . Fund the cartels or make it legal and use the tax revenue for something good .
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A lot of vets are pushing for the approval of the measure. VA is garbage and the entire formulary at VAs disposal is less than 120 medications. When you're given daily allotments of morphine and oxycodone because it's the easiest thing to dispense, isn't an answer you want to hear from a healthcare provider. And yet, me and 4 other vets in my neighborhood are in the same sinking ship and it's a common complaint throughout the country. As many have said though, it's a freedom of choice and there are worse things than having unwanted tourists coming around. While they're here, they will only increase the state's revenue with their purchases and help local businesses. As a state, we need to maintain our core values, elect the right representatives that share our beliefs, and remind tourists that they are just that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Always cracks me up when people are scared of those high driving around. Like, y'all realize how many people drive around on oxy and morphine and such everyday, right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

typical gun board libertarian, I am for freedom as long as I approve of those people and they are interested in the same freedoms as me...  this also often translates to those people looking and thinking like me too...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
you are either FOR freedom or against it

I support people's right to chose on this matter, just not this measure and not at this time.  You gonna voice your standpoint, or just characterize me?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
So because you don't like people who think different than you, freedom (at this time) shall not ring. Got it
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So because you don't like people who think different than you, freedom (at this time) shall not ring. Got it
View Quote

As I just posted - are you (also) going to post your viewpoint, or just characterize me?  Open to hear your side if you're willing to form a thought.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like all you support the freedom but are scared that other people, who might be democrats, also support it

This is everything that is wrong with our country. You are characterizing yourself
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Exactly. Always cracks me up when people are scared of those high driving around. Like, y'all realize how many people drive around on oxy and morphine and such everyday, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're not scared of that realization, they're just using that argument against the measure. The fact of  the matter is that it's already being done and abused: Do these people really think that they're really following the law and just buying cannabis for themselves? I've driven my buddy to the dispensary on several occasions and users will light up, right in the parking lot with all their friends. Even if they didn't get it legally, their mentality wouldn't be any different and light up somewhere else and continue their careless actions. Whether it's cannabis, alcohol, prescription drugs,  etc...  you can't fix the stupidity and recklessness of some people. Smoking this stuff isn't the problem and you can't blame the drug for the actions of stupid people anymore than the firearms and the stupid actions of certain gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I voted NO.

If it were just for the repeal of current laws I would have voted YES, but this thing is just another chance for a big government money grab.

This will be nothing more than a another reason for an additional agency created to monitor, tax, dispense, and control.

Any time a new "law"  is passed, it's nothing more than a new reason to tax.

View Quote

I'm not trying to offend you but did you take the time to educate yourself in the matter? Even if you look at it in the very same light as what you stated, then you would see the following:

A new agency means new jobs. If you argue that people shouldn't be on welfare, then new jobs are never a bad thing.

More consumers equal a greater spectrum of consumers and more revenue. Currently the growers, dispensaries, and consumers are all either taxed or pay yearly operating fees.

Legalization takes people who would otherwise be offenders out of jail/prisons. The same institutions that cost tax payers millions of dollars every year in operating costs.

They give people the choice in a safer alternative to prescription drugs. Whether you choose to believe the facts, many people are making the transition from opioids to cannabis due to the sickening side effects of the pills.

Ask questions, talk to people, make an informed decision. Don't bias yourself because you may not like what other peoples decisions about their life choices are. There is such a thing as responsible use, just as everything else in life.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Seems like all you support the freedom but are scared that other people, who might be democrats, also support it

This is everything that is wrong with our country. You are characterizing yourself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've already acknowledged in my original posts the broad generalizations I was making and the hypocracy of voting against something that leaglaizes one small point of freedom of choice.

Please tell us if and why  you support this legislation over simply putting through a bill for decriminalizing?  What's libertarian about a proposal that offers a guise of 'freedom'?  Just because it lets people legally buy weed - is that freedom?  It's still massively regulated, crony capitalism, and taxation - hardly libertarian.

I post my opinion here among peers, looking for discussion from proponents and opponents.  You have yet to verbalize a stance for or against the proposal as we are voting on.  Are you trollin' or actually going to make a point in regard to the proposal on the ballot?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I like freedom and anything that pissed off the Federal government.  Some stoned dregs living in tents in parks are worth our state flexing more muscle and telling Washington to eat a dick.

I genuinely wonder if alcohol related DUIs dropped in Colorado since this passed.  I really have no idea.  But ask any cop- they would rather deal with a stoner than a drunk, and yes, I have seen people make the transition from one to the other in Colorado and here with MMJ.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

+1

I like freedom and anything that pissed off the Federal government.  Some stoned dregs living in tents in parks are worth our state flexing more muscle and telling Washington to eat a dick.

I genuinely wonder if alcohol related DUIs dropped in Colorado since this passed.  I really have no idea.  But ask any cop- they would rather deal with a stoner than a drunk, and yes, I have seen people make the transition from one to the other in Colorado and here with MMJ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Bias I know, but there's hope: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/2-years-legal-pot-sales-colorado-shatters-revenue-projections-arrests-drugs-plummet/ Highway car accident deaths are at their lowest ever, and even violent crime has significantly decreased.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Libertarian in me is on board with legalization, but this measure is not just that.

It is just more crony capitalism.  Sets up a marijuana control board like the liquor control board to regulate the dispensaries.  Only currently licensed dispensaries will be able to apply for licenses for new stores.

Also in the fine print it basically prevents anyone from being prosecuted for any offense if under the influence of marijuana.

There is lots to not like in the proposition, hopefully people will read it before voting.

If it just decriminalized possession and use I would vote for it.  I will vote no on this one.

Doesn't directly affect me anyway, I work in aviation, random drug tests and all that.

Can you cite the portion that it "prevents someone from being prosecuted for any offense if under the influence"?

36-2860. Possession, personal use and production of marijuana, marijuana products, marijuana accessories
and industrial hemp; definition

B. A PERSON MAY NOT BE PENALIZED BY THIS STATE FOR AN ACTION TAKEN WHILE UNDER THE
INFLUENCE OF MARIJUANA OR A MARIJUANA PRODUCT SOLELY BECAUSE OF THE PRESENCE OF METABOLITES
OR COMPONENTS OF MARIJUANA IN THE PERSON’S BODY OR IN THE URINE, BLOOD, SALIVA, HAIR OR OTHER
TISSUE OR FLUID OF THE PERSON’S BODY.

lol

That's only there because thc can stay in your system for 30 days.  If you are obviously impaired and you have thc in your system you will get a dui.  A person who last smoked 2 weeks ago or more should not get a dui even if it is illegal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess I should not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
So, RT:

Freezefest going to be immediately followed by blazefest?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#26]
You can count me as a NO on 205.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Vote for freedom.  Those people are not going to be corrupting your daughter lol
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
100% pro legalization.
View Quote

YEP - AND DONT EVEN SMOKE IT

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#29]
WE already have one state that touches ARIZONA selling pot legally . The money ARIZONA is losing going to Colorado to buy pot . And when CALIFORNIA PASSES even more money going out of the state . Just like CASINO S HOW MUCH MONEY IS ARIZONA LOSING RIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER IN LAUGHLIN - BULLHEAD COULD BE TAKING IN BILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR BUT IT'S ALL GOING TO NEVADA A FEW FEET AWAY WITH A RIVER IN THE MIDDLE ''' Nevada MIGHT PASS POT ALSO //
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I have had an MM card since February of this year.  I use the CBD oils, usually at bedtime.   I have a very rare genetic disorder, (Psuedoxanthoma Elasticum) which has led to wet macular degeneration, {No central vision in the left eye, about 10% remaining in the right) and am at risk for upper GI bleeds.  It also causes intermittent claudication, (An aching, crampy, tired, and sometimes burning pain in the legs that comes and goes -- it typically occurs with walking) and can cause strokes and heart attacks.  Further, I have osteoarthritis, which has caused me to have surgery on my left foot to replace the metatarsal joint and will soon have a hip replacement  
I also have PTSD, as going blind was not what I had in mind, especially at 35 years of age.

Because of my condition, I cannot take any kind of Aspirin or NSAID because of the potential bleeding risk.  That limits my pain treatment options to Tylenol or Opiods.     With the crackdown on Opiods by the DEA, the docs at the VA are not prescribing Opiod pain meds for those of us with chronic pain.  Therefore, my only option is Tylenol and even at that, the doc wants that use cut down due to the damage it can cause my liver.  So, what other option is there for me and thousands of vets who are in the same or similar boats?  We either live in pain or we find other options, (usually alcohol or hard drugs) which can lead to other problems.  Tylenol does not do squat for arthritis pain as some of you may know.  In May of this year, Congress voted to allow the VA to study the use of MM for the treatment of PTSD.  

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/05/19/congress-votes-let-va-docs-recommend-marijuana-some-states/84589708/

I am not a pot-head, I don't use it for a high, and, in fact, I frequently go days without it.  I simply use it for the medicinal benefit, as needed.  But the card is expensive, some folks just don't have $350 bucks to shell out for a card or the $125 or so for the renewal each year.  

My wife, unfortunately, is in the same boat.  She was hit by a large delivery truck when she was three years old and it damaged her pelvic region so bad that she could not give birth to our children naturally and had to have C-Sections.  She has also suffered through 5 surgeries thus far to fix damage to her neck and lower back due to the pelvic problem.  She also has Factor 5 Leiden, an abnormality in her blood that can cause clots.  We found this out when she had a total hysterectomy and developed a DVT in her left leg just days after.  Since then, she has had multiple DVT's that have required hospitalization and the insertion of a stent.  .  She is on Cumadin for life, and has chronic pain as well.  She is currently being prescribed Opiods, but soon she will not even have that.  Again, Tylenol is going to be her only option, as like me, Aspirin and NSAIDS are a no-go.  She does not want to turn to MM, but she may have little choice, thanks to the DEA and the CDC cracking down as they have.  A matter which should be between the physician and the patient.

I am not posting this as an attempt to persuade anyone to vote yes, but rather so you understand the reasons that some of us have had exercise that option.  Believe me, it was not an easy decision to make, I did a lot of tossing and turning over it, and also a lot of studying.  Unfortunately, it has ruffled a few feathers in my family.  

I will tell you this however, since I got my card, I have been able to ditch the psyche drugs the VA had me on, all 4 of them, and have dropped over 50lbs since Feb.  I am as healthy, if not healthier than I was when Uncle Sugar dumped my ass after they found out I was going blind in '03.  I simply feel much better and am so much more active.  And my head is so much clearer.  When you see the commercial with the vet explaining why he turned to MM, understand that he is not alone.  And yes, I too had a very dark period which I am sure would have been much better had I made the decision earlier.  

Again, not trying to change anyone's mind here, and I thank you for taking the time to read.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have had an MM card since February of this year.  I use the CBD oils, usually at bedtime.   I have a very rare genetic disorder, (Psuedoxanthoma Elasticum) which has led to wet macular degeneration, {No central vision in the left eye, about 10% remaining in the right) and am at risk for upper GI bleeds.  It also causes intermittent claudication, (An aching, crampy, tired, and sometimes burning pain in the legs that comes and goes -- it typically occurs with walking) and can cause strokes and heart attacks.  Further, I have osteoarthritis, which has caused me to have surgery on my left foot to replace the metatarsal joint and will soon have a hip replacement  
I also have PTSD, as going blind was not what I had in mind, especially at 35 years of age.

Because of my condition, I cannot take any kind of Aspirin or NSAID because of the potential bleeding risk.  That limits my pain treatment options to Tylenol or Opiods.     With the crackdown on Opiods by the DEA, the docs at the VA are not prescribing Opiod pain meds for those of us with chronic pain.  Therefore, my only option is Tylenol and even at that, the doc wants that use cut down due to the damage it can cause my liver.  So, what other option is there for me and thousands of vets who are in the same or similar boats?  We either live in pain or we find other options, (usually alcohol or hard drugs) which can lead to other problems.  Tylenol does not do squat for arthritis pain as some of you may know.  In May of this year, Congress voted to allow the VA to study the use of MM for the treatment of PTSD.  

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2016/05/19/congress-votes-let-va-docs-recommend-marijuana-some-states/84589708/

I am not a pot-head, I don't use it for a high, and, in fact, I frequently go days without it.  I simply use it for the medicinal benefit, as needed.  But the card is expensive, some folks just don't have $350 bucks to shell out for a card or the $125 or so for the renewal each year.  

My wife, unfortunately, is in the same boat.  She was hit by a large delivery truck when she was three years old and it damaged her pelvic region so bad that she could not give birth to our children naturally and had to have C-Sections.  She has also suffered through 5 surgeries thus far to fix damage to her neck and lower back due to the pelvic problem.  She also has Factor 5 Leiden, an abnormality in her blood that can cause clots.  We found this out when she had a total hysterectomy and developed a DVT in her left leg just days after.  Since then, she has had multiple DVT's that have required hospitalization and the insertion of a stent.  .  She is on Cumadin for life, and has chronic pain as well.  She is currently being prescribed Opiods, but soon she will not even have that.  Again, Tylenol is going to be her only option, as like me, Aspirin and NSAIDS are a no-go.  She does not want to turn to MM, but she may have little choice, thanks to the DEA and the CDC cracking down as they have.  A matter which should be between the physician and the patient.

I am not posting this as an attempt to persuade anyone to vote yes, but rather so you understand the reasons that some of us have had exercise that option.  Believe me, it was not an easy decision to make, I did a lot of tossing and turning over it, and also a lot of studying.  Unfortunately, it has ruffled a few feathers in my family.  

I will tell you this however, since I got my card, I have been able to ditch the psyche drugs the VA had me on, all 4 of them, and have dropped over 50lbs since Feb.  I am as healthy, if not healthier than I was when Uncle Sugar dumped my ass after they found out I was going blind in '03.  I simply feel much better and am so much more active.  And my head is so much clearer.  When you see the commercial with the vet explaining why he turned to MM, understand that he is not alone.  And yes, I too had a very dark period which I am sure would have been much better had I made the decision earlier.  

Again, not trying to change anyone's mind here, and I thank you for taking the time to read.  

View Quote

Thanks for posting this brother! Stay strong and there are plenty of other vets on the same page as you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Decriminalize.

I don't like the sort of people who like _________, so fuck their rights. I am voting to ban them or keep them criminalized.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:40:59 AM EDT
[#33]
my viewpoint is more freedom...  not exactly perfect freedom but more freedom than we have today.  I can only imagine how horrified cops and lawyers are about having a huge revenue source taken away from them.

My only fear is once we abandon the war on drugs, the government will start the war on guns to keep all the cops and lawyers employed.

On BTW, I like my booze, but before I stopped watching intervention on A&E because it got too depressing, the majority of the most F'd up people on that show were alcoholics.  Even compared to many of the hard drug users.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad you've been able to find some relief man.

I wish medical marijuana had come around a decade ago, it might've made my father's last few years on Earth easier and might've even given him some more time with us.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

First and foremost, thank you for you service.

Now... I fail to understand how 205 will help you anymore than the current laws already do. I'm a vet myself. I am pro pot. I voted NO on 205.

Please see NoFakeLegalization.com to see the flaws with 205.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Now... I fail to understand how 205 will help you anymore than the current laws already do. I'm a vet myself. I am pro pot. I voted NO on 205.

Matt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt

MMJ cards are fucking pricey, just for permission to help yourself out?

Fuck that.

Voted yes on 205z
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Matt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Matt

Obviously you are not pro-marijuana if that garbage site persuaded you in anyway. Holy fuck

If you switched out marijuana with machine guns, you wouldn't say 'I really support legal machine guns, but not this law, at this time' like so many people on this board have

Give me a fucking break

It is one step in the right direction, when flaws our found, they can be fixed.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Obviously you are not pro-marijuana if that garbage site persuaded you in anyway. Holy fuck

If you switched out marijuana with machine guns, you wouldn't say 'I really support legal machine guns, but not this law, at this time' like so many people on this board have

Give me a fucking break

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt

Give me a fucking break

Spot on
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Matt
View Quote

Perfect is the enemy of Good.

Get this first step done, then actively work to modify the laws to the positive. That is what we did with CCW. It used to be illegal in AZ to carry concealed. Now you don't need a permit to carry. We didn't get there overnight in one swoop of legislative action. It took years of hard work by people lobbying to change the laws for the better in an incremental fashion..
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Give me a fucking break

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Matt

Give me a fucking break

Hopefully you don't vote for everything else without doing your research...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Get this first step done, then actively work to modify the laws to the positive. That is what we did with CCW. It used to be illegal in AZ to carry concealed. Now you don't need a permit to carry. We didn't get there overnight in one swoop of legislative action. It took years of hard work by people lobbying to change the laws for the better in an incremental fashion..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Matt

Understood.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Go big or go home....I'm writing in that crack, meth and scag should be legalized too, I mean kids are going to smoke it anyway, right? That way our police forces can focus on other crimes, it will put the drug cartels and the mafia out of business, and with all the tax money coming in we can put lava lamps in every classroom
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Matt

Give me a fucking break

Who is behind that website? Can you even tell me that, mr. Research?

Also, none of their points have any actual basis in fact. It is ALL conjecture and fear mongering
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Go big or go home....I'm writing in that crack, meth and scag should be legalized too, I mean kids are going to smoke it anyway, right? That way our police forces can focus on other crimes, it will put the drug cartels and the mafia out of business, and with all the tax money coming in we can put lava lamps in every classroom
View Quote

Yep, just get my naturally ocurring meth tree out back and some booze to destroy my liver. L-i-v-i-n
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wish medical marijuana had come around a decade ago, it might've made my father's last few years on Earth easier and might've even given him some more time with us.
View Quote

It helped mine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Also, none of their points have any actual basis in fact. It is ALL conjecture and fear mongering
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you actually took the time to research before name-calling, you'd know that SaferArizona is behind it. I'll save you the trouble of clicking on the link to research for yourself and quote their page:

What is Safer Arizona?

Safer Arizona is a political action committee that sponsors and supports ballot initiatives and legislative action for the legalization of adult use of cannabis and industrial hemp in Arizona.
Legislative Action Proposals

Harm reduction – Removing felony penalties for small amounts of marijuana.
Medical Marijuana patients grow rights. Rescinding the 25 mile rule, giving all medical marijuana patients the right to grow there own marijuana.
Property seizures not unless there is a criminal conviction. Modeled after a law recently passed in Minnesota.
Good Samaritan for people who have overdosed. Person taking them to hospital or calling emergency have immunity from prosecution. Modeled after Colorado law.
Casey law like Kentucky’s. Getting underage people with addiction problems into detox and rehab facilities by the parent petitioning the court.
DUI Law amendments to add protections from false prosecution. Making video records of sobriety tests required to be present as evidence in court.
Jury Nullification court rule changes. We want to change the instructions to the jury to include the decision as to whether the law should have been applied in this circumstance.
Post Conviction Relief. Giving those nonviolent offenders already in prison for marijuana only offences the opportunity to apply for their freedom.

Where We Came From

Most of us have been victimized by our failed and morally wrong marijuana prohibition laws. Dennis had faced charges for driving under the influence weeks after he had consumed marijuana just because the drug can stay in the body for over 30 days.
Robert fights for patient’s rights as a medical marijuana patient himself. Too many people can be helped with cannabis versus using deadly pills but do not qualify for the medical marijuana card.
Dave was arrested twice for marijuana in high school and almost graduated high school as a triple felon before he even got to start his life. He says he was lucky because there are so many other people sitting is prison and oppressed for life because they made the choice to use marijuana over alcohol or pharmaceuticals because they are less harmful to their body. All of us have seen this injustice and have made it our mission to see that we end this devastating prohibition and help create a Safer Arizona.
Where We Are Going

Our end goal is to see that marijuana is legalized for adults in Arizona and to reestablish the Industrial Hemp industry. We want to see homes built with hemp, vehicles running off hemp fuel, illnesses cured, gang violence reduced, alcoholism reduced, and the world we were meant to live in and that our forefathers intended for us.

If you read all that, you'd understand the flaws with 205. I do agree that 205 is "a step in the right direction", but it's a toe in the pool filled with more regulation than necessary. It's essentially rearranging the red tape surrounding current marijuana laws. Why not continue living under the current "toe-in-the-water" laws, gather the troops, and end it in one swift blow in 2018?

Matt
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you actually took the time to research before name-calling, you'd know that SaferArizona is behind it. I'll save you the trouble of clicking on the link to research for yourself and quote their page:

If you read all that, you'd understand the flaws with 205. I do agree that 205 is "a step in the right direction", but it's a toe in the pool filled with more regulation that necessary. It's essentially rearranging the red tape surrounding current marijuana laws.

Matt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is Safer Arizona?

Safer Arizona is a political action committee that sponsors and supports ballot initiatives and legislative action for the legalization of adult use of cannabis and industrial hemp in Arizona.
Legislative Action Proposals

Harm reduction – Removing felony penalties for small amounts of marijuana.
Medical Marijuana patients grow rights. Rescinding the 25 mile rule, giving all medical marijuana patients the right to grow there own marijuana.
Property seizures not unless there is a criminal conviction. Modeled after a law recently passed in Minnesota.
Good Samaritan for people who have overdosed. Person taking them to hospital or calling emergency have immunity from prosecution. Modeled after Colorado law.
Casey law like Kentucky’s. Getting underage people with addiction problems into detox and rehab facilities by the parent petitioning the court.
DUI Law amendments to add protections from false prosecution. Making video records of sobriety tests required to be present as evidence in court.
Jury Nullification court rule changes. We want to change the instructions to the jury to include the decision as to whether the law should have been applied in this circumstance.
Post Conviction Relief. Giving those nonviolent offenders already in prison for marijuana only offences the opportunity to apply for their freedom.

Where We Came From

Most of us have been victimized by our failed and morally wrong marijuana prohibition laws. Dennis had faced charges for driving under the influence weeks after he had consumed marijuana just because the drug can stay in the body for over 30 days.
Robert fights for patient’s rights as a medical marijuana patient himself. Too many people can be helped with cannabis versus using deadly pills but do not qualify for the medical marijuana card.
Dave was arrested twice for marijuana in high school and almost graduated high school as a triple felon before he even got to start his life. He says he was lucky because there are so many other people sitting is prison and oppressed for life because they made the choice to use marijuana over alcohol or pharmaceuticals because they are less harmful to their body. All of us have seen this injustice and have made it our mission to see that we end this devastating prohibition and help create a Safer Arizona.
Where We Are Going

Our end goal is to see that marijuana is legalized for adults in Arizona and to reestablish the Industrial Hemp industry. We want to see homes built with hemp, vehicles running off hemp fuel, illnesses cured, gang violence reduced, alcoholism reduced, and the world we were meant to live in and that our forefathers intended for us.

If you read all that, you'd understand the flaws with 205. I do agree that 205 is "a step in the right direction", but it's a toe in the pool filled with more regulation that necessary. It's essentially rearranging the red tape surrounding current marijuana laws.

Matt

Oh. Dennis, Robert, and Dave. Thanks for clearing that up
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#48]
You asked, I provided. What were you looking for?

Matt
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, that's being very rational. If you don't want YOUR kids getting their hands on any kind of substance, then you need to become an active parent and be a safe haven for them to speak out about what's going around their environment and you make sure they know the consiquences of their actions. You're not contributing to the argument by making stupid arguments and flawed logic. Accept the fact that just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you shouldn't prevent another from doing what they want to do. It's un-American and it's ignorant but that was your goal, right?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:51:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What happens to the tax revenue from sales at pot shops? The commercial that is out with the Governor of CO. Stating they saw nothing, is pretty powerful. Does it go to roads, schools and the like?
View Quote
Most of it went to regulation, and dealing with overdose issues and dependency.  Yes, Marijuana overdose.  Think it can't Happen?  At 50-75 percent THC content, yep.

And expect the homeless problem in AZ to increase 2000%, as it has in Denver.  And the weather there sucks.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top