BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/16/2014 9:05:17 AM EDT
Title says it all.

Looking to go shooting with a few guys in Franklin County or close.

I may have access to property to shoot (I'd have to ask the owner, but likely will get it)

My only restriction is NOT to go to LEPD on Bethel Road. Long story short: don't go there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#1]
From Franklin County. Have friends that shoot here as well.

Agree with you on LEPD - meh

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From Franklin County. Have friends that shoot here as well.

Agree with you on LEPD - meh

View Quote

Would like to shoot with some local guys - shoot me a PM.

Good chance I can score us a free weekly shooting area, Sunbury area. PM me.

LEPD.... long story. I'm banned from there,

(Nothing violent or unsafe, they just suck)
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm in Columbus a couple of weekends month but don't know the area well.

What/where is LEPD we want to avoid.

-- Chuck
View Quote

Bethel Road.

If you're not LEO/mil you're NOT welcome there. I had the worst gunshop experience of my life there.

ETA: Let's just say when I walked in.....

"Are you a member or LEO/mil?"

Me: "No, sir."

"Have you been here before?"

"Yes. I've shot here before, and I know all the safety rules."

At this point, the most douchey thing I have ever heard was spoken.

Older man with grey hair: (Sarcastically): "Oh, well you must know everything, eh?"

Fuck LEPD.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a fairly large group of us that get together on occasion and shoot at various places and then hang out.

That may not happen a lot now with white death approaching and it being cold but keep an eye out for get togethers.

I prefer to shoot at Aim High or Ohio Valley if I have to shoot indoors, Briar Rabbit for outdoor shooting. I know some of the members here go to Pickaway County Sportsmans Club but the club is not FA friendly and sometimes can be just not friendly all together. You can shoot SBR's and Cans there though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a fairly large group of us that get together on occasion and shoot at various places and then hang out.

That may not happen a lot now with white death approaching and it being cold but keep an eye out for get togethers.

I prefer to shoot at Aim High or Ohio Valley if I have to shoot indoors, Briar Rabbit for outdoor shooting. I know some of the members here go to Pickaway County Sportsmans Club but the club is not FA friendly and sometimes can be just not friendly all together. You can shoot SBR's and Cans there though.
View Quote

True.

I was just extending the offer for those willing to brave the elements for free shooting with no restrictions.

Aim High is actually super close to where we can shoot for free. Never been to Ohio valley.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bethel Road.

If you're not LEO/mil you're NOT welcome there. I had the worst gunshop experience of my life there.

Older man with grey hair: (Sarcastically): "Oh, well you must know everything, eh?"

Fuck LEPD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-- Chuck

Bethel Road.

Fuck LEPD.

Funny thing is that I have seen some of the WORST gun handling and safety violations from LEO's and Ex-Mil folks. It is like they have some sort of superiority complex because they get to or got carry a gun on regular basis. Fact of the matter from my experience is that they can't hit the broad side of the barn.  Not all of course, some of my shooting buddies are LEO and I have learned a lot from them but those guys are not the norm.

This guys is dead now but he use to go to Briar Rabbit and shoot the Action Steel matches. Those were roughly 125-150 round matches. He would show up with his duty belt and had like 15 mag pouches full of 17 rounders. He was a total tactical douche but I ALWAYS tried get on his squad. Between the tactical hilarity and piles of brass he left behind it was totally worth it. On more than one occasion he actually ran out of ammo on a 30 plate course of fire. Yes, he fired 200+ rounds at 30 plates and left some standing.

He started a tactical training class and started bringing his students to the matches, they had similar shooting skills. I almost broke a spring on my truck that day I took so much brass home.

I miss that guy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

True.

I was just extending the offer for those willing to brave the elements for free shooting with no restrictions.

Aim High is actually super close to where we can shoot for free. Never been to Ohio valley.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

If you can lock down a place to shoot outside for free let me know. IM me and I am pretty sure I can get some guys together to go out there.

What part of the county are you near. I am just outside of Franklin Co on Broad Street.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Funny thing is that I have seen some of the WORST gun handling and safety violations from LEO's and Ex-Mil folks. It is like they have some sort of superiority complex because they get to or got carry a gun on regular basis. Fact of the matter from my experience is that they can't hit the broad side of the barn.  Not all of course, some of my shooting buddies are LEO and I have learned a lot from them but those guys are not the norm.

This guys is dead now but he use to go to Briar Rabbit and shoot the Action Steel matches. Those were roughly 125-150 round matches. He would show up with his duty belt and had like 15 mag pouches full of 17 rounders. He was a total tactical douche but I ALWAYS tried get on his squad. Between the tactical hilarity and piles of brass he left behind it was totally worth it. On more than one occasion he actually ran out of ammo on a 30 plate course of fire. Yes, he fired 200+ rounds at 30 plates and left some standing.

He started a tactical training class and started bringing his students to the matches, they had similar shooting skills. I almost broke a spring on my truck that day I took so much brass home.

I miss that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-- Chuck

Bethel Road.

Fuck LEPD.

I miss that guy.

Let's just say if you know what "muzzle sweep" is, never go to LEPD.

And yes, met quite a few. I recently had a thread about taking a class where the instructor did that... ex-marine.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

True.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

I'm  down for outdoors anytime. Cold never bothered me anyways! (Shut up I have a 7 year old and the fracking sound track)

Only went to Aim High once..didn't care for it. Still better than the Powder Room was though
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bethel Road.

Fuck LEPD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-- Chuck

Bethel Road.

Fuck LEPD.

They're extremely douchey.

And you can only shoot frangible rifle ammo, which sucks.

I think the only reason they're doing well is their location. It's just convenient vs going up to Blackwing or Aim High.

Outdoors I was going to Delaware Park. $5 a day or $20 for the season.

But free is always better
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I am always up for shooting. I live in Franklin County. I would prefer not shooting indoors.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Title says it all.

View Quote

Looking for a few guys to shoot in Franklin County

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I would be down to shoot but not to be shot.

I do prefer outdoors, shooting at things instead of paper.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never shot at LEPD but interesting to hear your guys stories of the place

Everyone else I've talked to thinks that place is a gift from god himself.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like a good excuse to meet other forum members and put some rounds downrange.

I'd be interested.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll send IM, OP.
OP's in box is full.

My outdoor place got shut down when my buddy and his girl split-up a few months ago.

We had our own 300 yard range.

LEPD was a rather shitty place to shoot. They hold your ID and run it for priors and outstanding warrants while you are shooting. (Ask them about their "wall of shame.")

Everyone in there was a cop in some form or another with constant RBF (Resting Bitch Face), or what ever we can call a guy with the constant "Bad Ass" look.

They didn't bother me, and let me shoot my own reloads, but I just can't stand the secret background check, and outrageous prices on weapons and gear.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I want in, I live in GC.
Not sure how often I can go with school and work but hit me up.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm also interested.  Live in Pickerington and typically shoot at Briar Rabbit so even a bit of a drive isn't bad.

I'll go as often as I can between work and what not.

Tried to PM, but the inbox was full.

Regards,
jlk
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Pickerington here as well.. .  Always up for a shoot,,,
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll send IM, OP.
OP's in box is full.

My outdoor place got shut down when my buddy and his girl split-up a few months ago.

We had our own 300 yard range.

LEPD was a rather shitty place to shoot. They hold your ID and run it for priors and outstanding warrants while you are shooting.
(Ask them about their "wall of shame.")

Everyone in there was a cop in some form or another with constant RBF (Resting Bitch Face), or what ever we can call a guy with the constant "Bad Ass" look.

They didn't bother me, and let me shoot my own reloads, but I just can't stand the secret background check, and outrageous prices on weapons and gear.
View Quote

Wow.

I think a large part of it was that I'm young - they took one look at me and assumed I didn't know shit.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Only went to Aim High once..didn't care for it. Still better than the Powder Room was though
View Quote

Call me weird, but I always liked the Powder Room.

No waiting or lines and cheap prices.

I mean it may have been unsafe but what isn't?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:57:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I am in Franklin County, usually shoot at AimHi, but would be down for an outdoor shoot, even in the white death.

I am LE/.mil and I also say Fuck LEPD. Stupid high prices and shitty service. I hope they die off.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like from some of the reviews on here they wont be around long.
Quoted:
I am in Franklin County, usually shoot at AimHi, but would be down for an outdoor shoot, even in the white death.

I am LE/.mil and I also say Fuck LEPD. Stupid high prices and shitty service. I hope they die off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you piss off the customer base, it's hard to stick around

They seriously do treat their customers like ignorant fucks and it's annoying. I can't stand them anymore
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Another Central Ohio member here. I'm an AimHi and Pickaway County member. Walked into LEPD once and walked right back out, under impressed. Would love to get to know some local folks again! I've attended a few of Swingset's get together's back in the day. Good times!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in the north side and belong to a club out by lancaster.  Go to Rayner's a bit too. I'm always up for sending lead down range.

I've never shot at lepd but the gunsmith there just did a set of ghost ring sights for me on an 870. I can't imagien shooting there.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Since we are talking about LEPD- how that place continues to operate at the prices they charge is beyond me.  Haven't shot at the range but their prices on guns and ammo is absolutely horrible.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd be up for any outdoor get together.  I have been going to Dillon Sportsman Club just east of Newark this fall.  New operator is a real nice guy, and the range is more than serviceable but only 100yds.  Good news is it's cheap and under 30 minutes from me in Alexandria.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Bethel Road.

Fuck LEPD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

-- Chuck

Bethel Road.

Fuck LEPD.
Well, my experience at LEPD:

walk in see they have CMMG lower parts kits, and ask how much.

Younger guy turns around grabs a KSG and hands it to me. I'm like .

"Check this out while I look." Then leaves me there while he checks.

Since I never held one before I'm all like

Young guy comes back "$125.00" and hands the kit to me.

I'm like "$125.00"

Not a bad experience just different, never had a LGS give someone a gun and leave them unattended before.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Another Franklin County guy checking in...sad to say I used to have acres to shoot on, now all I can offer is my sparkling wit and dashing good looks, but I'm down to gather with like-minds and shoot.

I'm in the New Albany area.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Title says it all.

Looking to go shooting with a few guys in Franklin County or close.

I may have access to property to shoot (I'd have to ask the owner, but likely will get it)

My only restriction is NOT to go to LEPD on Bethel Road. Long story short: don't go there.
View Quote

I think you should change your title to "people to shoot with"

Also I'm game as long as you don't talk about all that gay sex you have been having
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I am in the Hilliard area.  I don't mind driving and have no problem avoiding LEPD.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Also I'm game as long as you don't talk about all that gay sex you have been having

Dang, you just ruled out like 80% of the Ohio shooters.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Nope, a 20% here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Northwest Columbus here.  Anyone have a 600 yard range?  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Columbus checking in, i would like to find some place nearby that's FA friendly
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

17th and Cleveland is. It's like an, uh, action course.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Join us here.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/284665788224040/

we need to get some get some more meetings together
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I've shot two of the guys in this thread.

I'm sure someone will keep me posted, or not.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Northwest Columbus here.  Anyone have a 600 yard range?  
View Quote

yep

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Head down to Parsons as well

Winner gets a house
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Come on over to Coshocton Gun Club. Cheap membership.  I have a few buddies that drive down from the cbus area.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah no shitbetter than any video game.
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can I join your group when you all meet up to shoot? I'm Columbus area.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you can lock down a place to shoot outside for free let me know. IM me and I am pretty sure I can get some guys together to go out there.

What part of the county are you near. I am just outside of Franklin Co on Broad Street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

I was just extending the offer for those willing to brave the elements for free shooting with no restrictions. http://

Would it be ok if I can join in? I'm near Hilliard.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am always up for shooting. I live in Franklin County. I would prefer not shooting indoors.
View Quote

Same here with me. I prefer outdoor shooting.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've almost been shot while shooting with you.  

Not by you though.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

On purpose ?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Not by you though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not by you though.

I tried!

Quoted:
Quoted:

On purpose ?

Please reread the thread title, Sir.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top