Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 10:30:18 PM EDT
Hello! I'm a newer resident to California. I moved here last year. Just thought I'd make an off topic about health and fitness. I took the challenge to change my lifestyle mid 2011 and I'm glad I did. Just wondering what are some of the things you do for your health? i.e. Working out and meals.

-John  
    originally 556Cowboy
    Arkansas HTF
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Gym 3 days a week and running 2-5 times a week.

I'm dont track everything I eat, but I dont eat like shit but I dont eat anywhere near "perfect" either by any means
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the board!  Also, there's a subforum here at AR15.com you may be interested in:
Self Defense & Fitness
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Kickboxing 4 days a week, starting jujutsu twice a week tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Basketball, boxing, lifting, running, biking 3-5 days a week, and still no six pack. My diet sucks and that is whats killing me, but at this point I am not too worried how I look as long as I am in shape and healthy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Basketball, boxing, lifting, running, biking 3-5 days a week, and still no six pack. My diet sucks and that is whats killing me, but at this point I am not too worried how I look as long as I am in shape and healthy.
View Quote

Pretty much this. I dont eat like shit by a long shot, but I dont care enough about "looking fit" to stop eating carbs and drinking whiskey.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Pretty much this. I dont eat like shit by a long shot, but I dont care enough about "looking fit" to stop eating carbs and drinking whiskey.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I eat a lot of fried foods which I do need to cut back on cause I feel its effecting my cardio.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a trainer provided, Dr. approved meal plan, gym every other day, vitamins and supplements, regular check ups. No smoking, drinking or drugs. I drink 90% water.

I have 13% body fat and a bmi of 21.8. I'm 52 years old. My bp runs at 90/62
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow. That's impressive,
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the great replies.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to do a lot of mountaineering until my knees wore out.  The Sierras are great.  Now I do easy hikes in the summer and backcountry skiing in the winter, if it snows.

Bad knees prevent me from running any longer but I ride my bike a lot.  There are lots of great roads and trails for cycling.  Just watch for the haters on the roads.

I try to get to the gym at least 3 days per week also.

I had a friend who would go for a long swim in the ocean everyday at lunch.  He swims out past where the waves break and then parallels the beach.  I have never done that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top