Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 10:33:21 AM EDT
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!

My one of my favorite pistol cartridges is getting another host! I just got the email today. So i googled it and found this.

!http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/22/breaking-kriss-usa-gen-ii-vector-10mm/

Seriously, so many of us have wanted the 10mm in a sub gun package for a while now and we are now getting another opinion. I hope to be able to pick one up some day. Maybe right after i get my degree as a reward to myself.

Two cool things i found out that i didnt know. 1) Kriss is located in Chesapeake Virginia. I have lived here in Chesapeake most of my life and didnt know that. I am going to see if one day i can pop in and see what is going on. 2) The Kriss vector in 10mm is technically legal to hunt deer with in Virginia.

Anyone on here think they will be picking one up someday?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I may or may not know someone who has one in their hands right now...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I may or may not know someone who has one in their hands right now...

Quoted:
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!

My one of my favorite pistol cartridges is getting another host! I just got the email today. So i googled it and found this.

!http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/22/breaking-kriss-usa-gen-ii-vector-10mm/

Seriously, so many of us have wanted the 10mm in a sub gun package for a while now and we are now getting another opinion. I hope to be able to pick one up some day. Maybe right after i get my degree as a reward to myself.

Two cool things i found out that i didnt know. 1) Kriss is located in Chesapeake Virginia. I have lived here in Chesapeake most of my life and didnt know that. I am going to see if one day i can pop in and see what is going on. 2) The Kriss vector in 10mm is technically legal to hunt deer with in Virginia.

Anyone on here think they will be picking one up someday?

Awesome!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
View Quote

I think this is what you want.

shut up and take my money by Michael Stroup, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be shooting it this weekend and writing it up the review asap. My serial number is xx1000 so I'm fairly certain it's the first one (pistol anyway).

It feels great. I can't wait to see how it performs.

It's obviously going back home after I put it through it's paces, but it would be nice to SBR it. The ergonomics fit me well.

I'm also waiting on a thread adapter so I can suppress it.
View Quote

I cant wait to see your review! Can you tell us if the glock 21 45acp mag extentions will work on the 10mm magazines when you do your review?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not sure, but I will ask. It only came with two 10mm OEM Glock mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be shooting it this weekend and writing it up the review asap. My serial number is xx1000 so I'm fairly certain it's the first one (pistol anyway).

It feels great. I can't wait to see how it performs.

It's obviously going back home after I put it through it's paces, but it would be nice to SBR it. The ergonomics fit me well.

I'm also waiting on a thread adapter so I can suppress it.

I cant wait to see your review! Can you tell us if the glock 21 45acp mag extentions will work on the 10mm magazines when you do your review?

I'm not sure, but I will ask. It only came with two 10mm OEM Glock mags.

Holy crap! I didnt realize you were a writer for The firearm blog. Sign my post! I am kidding. That seems like it would be a fun job. I hope you enjoy the gun while reviewing it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool.

Txl
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you guys not figured out yet that the KRISS is shit, and the claims of recoil mitigation are bogus?

Damn physics, always getting in the way of a good lie
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#11]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have you guys not figured out yet that the KRISS is shit, and the claims of recoil mitigation are bogus?

View Quote

I know the KRISS vectors are a bit it big because of the recoil migration system. But this is the first that i have heard that it doesn't work. I know it would be better in a full automatic gun, but it should at least help some in a 10 mm gun firing full power loads.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I do have a question. Does anyone know if there is a handguard extension for the KRISS vectors? Something like the SCAR 17 handguard extensions from Midwest industries, but for the vector of course. It just seems like the handguard is to short for the gun. Especially if you keep the longer barrel.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I know the KRISS vectors are a bit it big because of the recoil migration system. But this is the first that i have heard that it doesn't work. I know it would be better in a full automatic gun, but it should at least help some in a 10 mm gun firing full power loads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would recommend renting one before buying one.  There's also lots of reviews online with people, once the blinders off, finding that the perceived recoil is just as bad or worse than most PCCs, especially compared to locked breech guns like MP5s.

In engineering terms, the gun is a contained system (conservation of momentum).  Nothing you do can change the recoil (just time impulse or spike).  The only way to change it requires changing factors outside of the system (redirecting gasses via a muzzle brake)
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#15]
OH yeah now this I am interested in....
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#16]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have no dog in this fight. I haven't owned a KRISS and this one is on loan.

But recoil, and the perception of recoil can be mitigated using internal adjustments by adjusting reciprocating mass and spring weights. Simply saying "it's a closed system"  isn't exactly correct. Especially since shooters are looking for a reduction of perceived recoil and not a magical anti-physics machine. Maybe that's what you meant by "timing the impulse or spike"? Slowing acceleration maybe?

Has KRISS made wild recoil reduction claims I'm not aware of? You have a pretty visceral reaction to anyone even talking about KRISS guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

But recoil, and the perception of recoil can be mitigated using internal adjustments by adjusting reciprocating mass and spring weights. Simply saying "it's a closed system"  isn't exactly correct. Especially since shooters are looking for a reduction of perceived recoil and not a magical anti-physics machine. Maybe that's what you meant by "timing the impulse or spike"? Slowing acceleration maybe?

Has KRISS made wild recoil reduction claims I'm not aware of? You have a pretty visceral reaction to anyone even talking about KRISS guns.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would recommend renting one before buying one.  There's also lots of reviews online with people, once the blinders off, finding that the perceived recoil is just as bad or worse than most PCCs, especially compared to locked breech guns like MP5s.

In engineering terms, the gun is a contained system (conservation of momentum).  Nothing you do can change the recoil (just time impulse or spike).  The only way to change it requires changing factors outside of the system (redirecting gasses via a muzzle brake)

Your educational background would be??
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#18]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dirt farmer.

I post reasonable, non-confrontational questions to your post and you want to compare University of Phoenix certificates?

Congrats. I don't use the ignore button much, if at all, but you are close to making the list.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dirt farmer.

I post reasonable, non-confrontational questions to your post and you want to compare University of Phoenix certificates?

Congrats. I don't use the ignore button much, if at all, but you are close to making the list.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your educational background would be??

It's not reasonable if it's wrong.  If you are going to tell me I'm wrong, back it up with facts.  This is a fundamental truth.  Conservation of momentum holds true.

m*v of expelled mass (bullet + gas) = m*v of a floating rifle

Does not matter what gyrations you create inside the rifle, you can't change that.  The only thing you can change is the impulse as I said.  Some rifles modify it such that it is more distributed, and timed such that the barrel is better aligned at restitution, but the total "recoil" does not change unless you change the left side of the equation (redirecting gas).
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#20]
NVM
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You authored a thread about the 'Softest Recoiling .380' Did you find a .380 that accepts muzzle brakes or did you mean perceived recoil?

View Quote

LOL, stalker.  Again, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you could see you can reduce recoil (transferred to the shooter) by increasing the mass, hence my requirement for a larger doublestack 380.  The locked breech reduces the perceived recoil.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry your thread got ruined OP. I apologize for taking the bait and messing it up.

Punching out. I'll continue to stick to the suppressor section. Quality people over there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sorry your thread got ruined OP. I apologize for taking the bait and messing it up.

Punching out. I'll continue to stick to the suppressor section. Quality people over there.
View Quote

It is ok. Everyone has their own opinion. I cant wait to see your review on the Kriss. Hope to see you in the suppressor section soon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It is ok. Everyone has their own opinion. I cant wait to see your review on the Kriss. Hope to see you in the suppressor section soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm also very interested in goloud's review. I was getting set to buy a 9mm but if the 10 is shipping I want that one

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm also very interested in goloud's review. I was getting set to buy a 9mm but if the 10 is shipping I want that one

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering they are local to me I may also see if I can pop in and see what they are like.

I just want a hand guard extention!!! We may have to talk to manticore  arms about this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Now if Ruger would only come out with a 10mm carbine like their old 44 carbine or even a lever action model, I'd probably jump on one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Now if Ruger would only come out with a 10mm carbine like their old 44 carbine or even a lever action model, I'd probably jump on one.
View Quote

I would as well. Maybe even one of the 77 series. To bad they are discontinuing the 77 series. I have always wanted to pick up a 77/357 as a suppressor host. It seems like I ruin everything for the gun community. When ever I want something it either get discontinued or banned.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I would as well. Maybe even one of the 77 series. To bad they are discontinuing the 77 series. I have always wanted to pick up a 77/357 as a suppressor host. It seems like I ruin everything for the gun community. When ever I want something it either get discontinued or banned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lied. I couldn't stay away. Stacking cord wood is good for the soul.

Since you mentioned the 77/357...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/21/ruger-77357/

And if you end up buying a KRISS 10mm, the first box of ammo is on me. Just IM me if you do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And if you end up buying a KRISS 10mm, the first box of ammo is on me. Just IM me if you do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your my new best friend!

I don't think i will be able to get the KRISS until at least a year from now. I am actually in college right now trying to get a degree in engineering. The sad thing is as much as i am spending in textbooks every semester i could have bought every single gun i would have ever wanted!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Your my new best friend!

I don't think i will be able to get the KRISS until at least a year from now. I am actually in college right now trying to get a degree in engineering. The sad thing is as much as i am spending in textbooks every semester i could have bought every single gun i would have ever wanted!
View Quote

Log out and log back in. We need more engineers like you around these parts.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your my new best friend!

Well thank you. It is pretty tough sometimes, but in the end i hope it is worth it. I think it would be actually kind of cool to review guns from an engineering standpoint.

What did that logging in and out do?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well thank you. It is pretty tough sometimes, but in the end i hope it is worth it. I think it would be actually kind of cool to review guns from an engineering standpoint.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your my new best friend!

You were just gifted a team membership. Congrats, and good on you gloud.

Now you need to pick an avatar.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#33]
WOW! Thank you gloud! I didnt expect that. I guess i didnt notice the big ass AR15 team member picture under my name.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#34]
I really like my KRISS.

Mine is the 45acp version, which I prefer for effective suppression.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine finally showed up

Drilled out the rivet so I can mount my brace off my 9mm for now. (9mm has to go back to Kriss for feeding issues)

I hope to take it to the range this afternoon, stand by for range report!
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#36]
No one is making a folding buffer tube adapter yet?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top