Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 71 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
FYI, just a little update.

Scorpion Eclipse flash hiders will be available very soon along with a new safety lever that doesn't rub the finger.

I had a great idea on how to give even more value on the tri lug adapter, and I am just waiting on a part to confirm everything, so it will take a little longer, but you should get more bang for your buck out of it once it is in production.  

We have looked in to molding magazines, and simply put, it is a very expensive proposition.  Mags would likely be a bit more expensive than the foreign made ones (probably more like $25-$30), but you get 3 U.S. compliance parts out of the deal, and we would be making them out of a black polymer that should not have any issues with cracking.     Not sure if we are going forward with that yet, if we do it would likely be later in the year...

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

If you do the mags I will buy as many as I can to trick out my cz. thanks Sven, love that your on the boards and actually care about your customers never loose that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Scorpion Eclipse flash hiders will be available very soon along with a new safety lever that doesn't rub the finger.

I had a great idea on how to give even more value on the tri lug adapter, and I am just waiting on a part to confirm everything, so it will take a little longer, but you should get more bang for your buck out of it once it is in production.  

We have looked in to molding magazines, and simply put, it is a very expensive proposition.  Mags would likely be a bit more expensive than the foreign made ones (probably more like $25-$30), but you get 3 U.S. compliance parts out of the deal, and we would be making them out of a black polymer that should not have any issues with cracking.     Not sure if we are going forward with that yet, if we do it would likely be later in the year...

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

This is an expensive, niche gun and I have no problem paying a higher price for a trustworthy mag.

I hope you explore this idea further.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Still in for the 3 lug, probably in for the safety, and would definitely be willing to buy at least 20 of the U.S. Made mags (although probably not all at once).
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GTHKTX:

This is an expensive, niche gun and I have no problem paying a higher price for a trustworthy mag.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sven
Manticore Arms

+ 1

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]
What rail covers are these? I've been looking for something like that for a while
View Quote

Those look like ERGO Slim-Line rail covers, or something very similar to them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PC-Tech] [#7]

Originally Posted By BGENE:
+ 1

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BGENE:

Sven

Manticore Arms

+ 1

I'm in for a tri lug adapter and some mags. I'll even want to back order to get in line.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for a tri-lug.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I'd be in for some mags, especially if CZ doesn't change how they're making theirs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I hope you do decide to do the mags, it would be nice to have the 3 compliance parts in one mag.  I'd sell all my CZ mags and buy yours in a heartbeat if you make them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:56:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CTran555:
Still in for the 3 lug, probably in for the safety, and would definitely be willing to buy at least 20 of the U.S. Made mags (although probably not all at once).
View Quote

+1 but maybe not 20 mags.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#12]

I have found that being on the forums, answering emails, and picking up the phone in the office is legitmately the best way to stay in touch with what customers and the market want and to answer questions they might have directly!

Besides, getting paid to be on a internet gun forum part of the day?  Best job evaaaar!  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By code13:

Sven
Manticore Arms

If you do the mags I will buy as many as I can to trick out my cz. thanks Sven, love that your on the boards and actually care about your customers never loose that.

I have found that being on the forums, answering emails, and picking up the phone in the office is legitmately the best way to stay in touch with what customers and the market want and to answer questions they might have directly!

Besides, getting paid to be on a internet gun forum part of the day?  Best job evaaaar!  

Sven
Manticore Arms

I'm in for the 3 Lug and safety.

Are you keeping a list or should I PM you?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
EVO 3 with Osprey 45 :D

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/v6YNBc" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3669/19102011809_2ed063c8fa_z.jpg</a>CZ Scorpion EV 3 S1 by Slvrwrx, on Flickr

View Quote

What adapter did you buy to run an Osprey 45 on your Scorpion?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BullCityHeel:

View All Quotes

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/v6YNBc" target="_blank">https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3669/19102011809_2ed063c8fa_z.jpg</a>CZ Scorpion EV 3 S1 by Slvrwrx, on Flickr

I got mine from eastTXhunter. He has them on gun broker or you can just PM him. I got mine in .578x28 but all I see listed for sale now is 1/2x28. I haven't gotten to use it yet but it seems very well made. The only real downside is they are not coated. I picked up a durabake kit (which is what he recommends) and I will be coating it at some point. Maybe even later today if I get around to it.

I have seen other adapters coming up for sale from various places since I got mine so it never hurts to look around.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

I got mine from eastTXhunter. He has them on gun broker or you can just PM him. I got mine in .578x28 but all I see listed for sale now is 1/2x28. I haven't gotten to use it yet but it seems very well made. The only real downside is they are not coated. I picked up a durabake kit (which is what he recommends) and I will be coating it at some point. Maybe even later today if I get around to it.

I have seen other adapters coming up for sale from various places since I got mine so it never hurts to look around.
View All Quotes

Nice - what are some other places?  Do you run the fixed spacer instead of neilson device as well?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Nice - what are some other places?  Do you run the fixed spacer instead of neilson device as well?
View All Quotes

Just google 18x1 adapter. I see them on impactguns, usmachinegun, sgcusa, czcustom etc.... Like I said, I haven't gotten to use it yet. I'm still waiting for approval, probably another 2 months or so. But yes, I will be using a fixed spacer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Form 1 approved on my Scorpian this morning. 99 days.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MTNRider:
Form 1 approved on my Scorpian this morning. 99 days.

View Quote

Nice.

I'm at 28 days today for the SBR and 56 days for the suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Speaking of SBR filing, is there a step-by-step guide somewhere on this site on how to do it? I bought the evo as my first SBR project and I'm not really sure where to begin. I'm also pretty new to this forum. If it helps any on SBR advice, I'm in GA.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Wildey:
Speaking of SBR filing, is there a step-by-step guide somewhere on this site on how to do it? I bought the evo as my first SBR project and I'm not really sure where to begin. I'm also pretty new to this forum. If it helps any on SBR advice, I'm in GA.
View Quote

Tons of info in the class 3 section.

Do you have a trust or file as an individual? Trusts can can do the form 1 online. Very easy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Do you have a trust or file as an individual? Trusts can can do the form 1 online. Very easy.
View All Quotes

I'm thinking about filing as individual, as I don't expect my local CLEO to give me any problems with the process and honestly the trust route seemed to be more confusing, haha. Also there's a good chance this could be my only SBR. What do you recommend between trust and individual?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Also there's a good chance this could be my only SBR.
View Quote

Lol! ^ Now that's funny.

Trust me, once you start there is no going back. I think I said the same thing once. That was about 5 or 6 SBR's and suppressors ago....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Lol! ^ Now that's funny.

Trust me, once you start there is no going back. I think I said the same thing once. That was about 5 or 6 SBR's and suppressors ago....
View All Quotes

Also there's a good chance this could be my only SBR.

Lol! ^ Now that's funny.

I said that too... 11 stamps ago
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine shipped today. With safety delete and 2 30 rounders. CZ did count paramedic for their program.

Nothing but the utmost thanks to them for that program and the staff I talked to were outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Be careful when changing over the charging handle,  I mange to break off the Cocking Handle Spring.  Luckily, CZ had them for $4.  Lesson learned .    I want ahead and also order the safety delete while I was there.   And do not watch the only video on you tube on how to do that.  His is obviously broken.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:49:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:
Be careful when changing over the charging handle,  I mange to break off the Cocking Handle Spring.  Luckily, CZ had them for $4.  Lesson learned .    I want ahead and also order the safety delete while I was there.   And do not watch the only video on you tube on how to do that.  His is obviously broken.
View Quote

You mean you were moving it over to the right side from the left?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:25:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PC-Tech] [#28]

Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
View All Quotes

Yes.  You have to push the spring in from the other side for it to come out. The spring it self is fragel and if you force it forward it will bend and break.  I ended up not breaking it at first, just bent it where the part that sticks out bent  towards the back of the gun. This did not let the spring move into the  Channel causing it to snap off while cocking the it.

My mess up:

How it's suppose to look

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#29]

I'm thinking about filing as individual, as I don't expect my local CLEO to give me any problems with the process and honestly the trust route seemed to be more confusing, haha. Also there's a good chance this could be my only SBR. What do you recommend between trust and individual?
View All Quotes

That's what I said with my Form 4 AR SBR and silencer purchase. A month after I mailed the SBR Form 4, I had built a 12.5" AR pistol and eFiled the stamp. Got it back 35 days later... I received an eFiled my Scorpion at the end of March, then my silencer finally came in back in April, so I mailed that form. It's the only stamp I'm still waiting on. I'd like to get a few more silencers when I can afford them.

Also, I think most will agree that a trust has a lot more benefits than just the CLEO sign-off. I went that route because it allows other people on the trust to have access to the NFA items when I'm not around. My buddy used my safe because he lived in the barracks, and he wouldn't have been LEGALLY allowed to get into the safe without me there. Also, whenever I'd leave for training, I wanted my wife to be able to use the NFA stuff and if I filed as an individual, she really couldn't. The trust also allows you to eFile, which WAS a much faster option. On top of that, the trust covers what happens with the weapons in case anything happens to me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes.  You have to push the spring in from the other side for it to come out. The spring it self is fragel and if you force it forward it will bend and break.  I ended up not breaking it at first, just bent it where the part that sticks out bent  towards the back of the gun. This did not let the spring move into the  Channel causing it to snap off while cocking the it.

My mess up:
<a href="http://s314.photobucket.com/user/hdc_ar15/media/Stuff/BAD.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/hdc_ar15/Stuff/BAD.jpg</a>

How it's suppose to look
<a href="http://s314.photobucket.com/user/hdc_ar15/media/Stuff/Good.png.html" target="_blank">http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/hdc_ar15/Stuff/Good.png</a>
View All Quotes

My mess up:
<a href="http://s314.photobucket.com/user/hdc_ar15/media/Stuff/BAD.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/hdc_ar15/Stuff/BAD.jpg</a>

How it's suppose to look
<a href="http://s314.photobucket.com/user/hdc_ar15/media/Stuff/Good.png.html" target="_blank">http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/hdc_ar15/Stuff/Good.png</a>

While it's unfortunate that happened to you, it is good info for the rest of us.

I hadn't really planned on moving the charging handle, but if I do, I'll definitely be mindful of that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer] [#31]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:56:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dustrod] [#32]

View Quote

I did the same thing
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Looks like they're using a base plate and follower for compliance parts . Sucks, I have a bunch of mags.

But looking at the list even if you had imported base plates and followers you would still be at 10 pieces which I thought was ok. Or am I counting wrong?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Fucking instagram bullshit.How about they take a clear well lit photo of the parts instead of a darkly lit shit photo with a dark filter applied. You cant even see the stock.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#35]

That does suck they used the mag parts, this could have been a chance to sell an AR grip adaptor, or a US made mag body that lacks the alleged feed lip issue on the other thread. I'm not too worried about 922r, this is just a 'buttstock kit' for me. My stamp has been back awhile I'm just waiting on my stock.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I agree with the rest of you. I prefer to have my gun compliant on its own, not dependent on which magazine I'm using. I feel like that's a bad decision, but I can see how that's cheaper for the company. Hopefully some other companies come out with more parts to use instead.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I was hoping they wouldn't do mag parts in the compliance kit, but it is what it is.

The stock looks thicker to me, but that might just be the photo.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Is the stock a US made version of the Czech stock along with other US made compliance parts, or is it an original Czech stock?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm sticking with my airsoft stock.

Nice try at $199 though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
I'm sticking with my airsoft stock.

Nice try at $199 though.
View Quote

Yup. I'm super happy I got the airsoft stock now. I'm also at 95 days now, so my number should be up soon
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Never thought this statement would be true: airsoft for the win. That 922r stock is not the factory original. No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:05:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DigDug] [#44]
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:
Never thought this statement would be true: airsoft for the win. That 922r stock is not the factory original. No thanks.
View Quote

If I remember correctly, there are two different factory stocks.  One with the little metal piece/magnet and another one that doesn't have it and was all plastic.  I remember a gunbroker ad a while back where someone had the one that looks like the stock in the 922r kit.  Said it was rare or something.  I guess we don't even know if the 922r stock is US made or imported at this point.

Anyone else know more about this?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNRider] [#45]
View Quote

And how do we know that is the actual 922r stock? They could have just thrown anything up for a photo?

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:19:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: c7aea15] [#46]
Originally Posted By DigDug:

If I remember correctly, there are two different factory stocks.  One with the little metal piece/magnet and another one that doesn't have it and was all plastic.  I remember a gunbroker ad a while back where someone had the one that looks like the 922r stock in the kit.  Said it was rare or something.

View All Quotes

If I remember correctly, there are two different factory stocks.  One with the little metal piece/magnet and another one that doesn't have it and was all plastic.  I remember a gunbroker ad a while back where someone had the one that looks like the 922r stock in the kit.  Said it was rare or something.

I remember reading something about one version has the rubber butt pad and the other doesn't too.

Why not just call CZ and ask. They are pretty helpful.

ETA. I'd take the rubber pad and metal mount.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#47]

I remember reading something about one version has the rubber butt pad and the other doesn't too.

View All Quotes

Those bastards didn't answer tonight when I called.  Something about calling back during normal business hours or some such foolishness.  Pfff.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#48]

And how do we know that is the actual 922r stock? They could have just thrown anything up for a photo?

View All Quotes

After reading through all the replies on FB and Instagram, the stock they are using is the same current stock they are selling with the gun overseas. It is made in CZ.

It is packaged with the compliance kit but is not one of 6 parts needed for compliance. The trigger, disconnector, floor plate, follower, pistol grip, and flash hider are the 6 U.S. Made parts that are needed to take the 16 foreign parts down to 10.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#49]

After reading through all the replies on FB and Instagram, the stock they are using is the same current stock they are selling with the gun overseas. It is made in CZ.

It is packaged with the compliance kit but is not one of 6 parts needed for compliance. The trigger, disconnector, floor plate, follower, pistol grip, and flash hider are the 6 U.S. Made parts that are needed to take the 16 foreign parts down to 10.
View All Quotes

Hopefully someone makes an aftermarket trigger soon to get away from the mag part foolishness.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:14:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Agreed. Inside part 47 there are 4 parts that pertain to 922: Trigger (62), hammer (57), sear (61), and disconnector (64). If a company were to make a complete drop in replacement assembly, it would alleviate the need for the 2 magazine compliance parts and make this a much more straight forward install.  Just remove the bottom screw, pull the whole assembly out and drop a new one in.  

I sent emails to both CMC and Timney (since they make drop in assemblies for the AR already.  Of course I have yet to hear anything back.

Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 71 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top