Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 72 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Last time I spoke to CMC (a couple of months ago) they said that they have no plans to make an Evo trigger, although they were working on an AK trigger. I offered to send them my gun for T&E and they said they had plenty of them. So who knows. I'd definitely be down for a trigger that matches my AR SBRs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]
kit looks great!
going to get me a scorpion now
airsoft for the gayzzz!!!!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rtran:
kit looks great!
View Quote

So am I understanding correctly, the airsoft stock fits the real CZ?

I stuck my head into an airsoft shop here locally, and the guy said that the stock definitively does NOT fit, they said they even had a guy bring in his Scorpion to try it.

Whats the verdict?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By GTHKTX:

I stuck my head into an airsoft shop here locally, and the guy said that the stock definitively does NOT fit, they said they even had a guy bring in his Scorpion to try it.

Whats the verdict?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

kit looks great!

Whats the verdict?
Just found this.  Doesn't look like it.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=48&t=442401

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:47:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rtran] [#5]
it does and many have done it
I think you can tell a difference though from airsoft/real
think it was the butt piece that looked different
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the airsoft stock until the kit comes out.

The airsoft stock supposedly is made of the same material and from the same molds as the original Scorpion stock.  It is all polymer and does not have the buttpad.  Also, it has the hook that latches to the side of the gun when folded, not the magnet that the newer version has that meets up with the serial number plate.

As far as fit, it does fit BUT the hole for the detent on the back of the gun is different. The hole is larger and does not line up with the spring detent that you push in to remove the stock.  So when the airsoft stock is on the gun, the detent is partially covered by the stock plate (the part that slides on to the back of the gun).  I haven't shot it in this configuration yet (probably will tomorrow), but I have a hard time believing that the stock will come off the gun.  Both my original pistol sling adapter and the airsoft are a very tight fit and it takes me a couple hard hits with a rubber mallet to get either one on or off.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm, seeing the mil spec stock in the pic is odd since overseas S1's only get the all plastic civilian version. I would be pumped if they actually bring that one over. Makes the people who were paying many hundreds on the imported few that are here look silly if that is the case.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:
While it's unfortunate that happened to you, it is good info for the rest of us.

I hadn't really planned on moving the charging handle, but if I do, I'll definitely be mindful of that.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By PC-Tech:

Originally Posted By PC-Tech:

Be careful when changing over the charging handle,  I mange to break off the Cocking Handle Spring.  Luckily, CZ had them for $4.  Lesson learned .    I want ahead and also order the safety delete while I was there.   And do not watch the only video on you tube on how to do that.  His is obviously broken.

You mean you were moving it over to the right side from the left?
Yes.  You have to push the spring in from the other side for it to come out. The spring it self is fragel and if you force it forward it will bend and break.  I ended up not breaking it at first, just bent it where the part that sticks out bent  towards the back of the gun. This did not let the spring move into the  Channel causing it to snap off while cocking the it.

My mess up:

<a href="http://s314.photobucket.com/user/hdc_ar15/media/Stuff/BAD.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/hdc_ar15/Stuff/BAD.jpg</a>

How it's suppose to look

<a href="http://s314.photobucket.com/user/hdc_ar15/media/Stuff/Good.png.html" target="_blank">http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/hdc_ar15/Stuff/Good.png</a>

While it's unfortunate that happened to you, it is good info for the rest of us.

I hadn't really planned on moving the charging handle, but if I do, I'll definitely be mindful of that.

Made a quick Video and posted it up on you tube. Some of the comments on the other guys video are amazing.  
"I had to use a rubber mallet the first time."  

Video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KJBtkyggG0

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Here is the prototype Scorpion EVO safety we have designed

They are already in production and should be available in 6-8 weeks.   Some careful adjustment of the shaft length, width, and rounding the corners means it doesn't rub against your finger, and even if you do contact it there are no sharp edges.  Works perfectly with the OEM folding stock our of Compact Slider stock installed.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

[ETA]  sorry the picture quality is not great, but I had to take a photo of my right hand holding the gun with my left hand on the camera- not exactly a natural thing to do.  

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/right%20side%20safety.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/right%20side%20safety.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks good count me in.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Dig it. Will y'all be making these for both sides or just right side?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#12]
There is not a MIL spec or civilian spec stock just old and new versions

The older version is the one without the rubber and has the hook to fit onto the side of the receiver with a plastic cap mount onto the gun

The new version is the one with the magnet and the rubber pad just an updated version with a metal mounting to the gun

The airsoft is the older version molds supplied by CZ to ASG and requires the dented hole to be enlarged to mount to the weapon we have some on ur select fire units they are 100% identical other than the detent hole

Here are side by side one of my conversions an airsoft next to our original sub-gun stock see if you can spot much difference even the mold marks match

And for the poster that asked "How do we know the 922r stock is not an imported part" please think about the question and how careful CZ are being on this

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:32:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpecWired] [#13]

Its great. The KAK looks way more streamlined and less goofy than the Sig brace, and its more traditional looking than the CAA/Thordsen buffer cover

Its very stable. I opted to forego the castle nut and just threaded the tube into the adapter and held it in place with the two set screws it comes with. Nice and solid.

Plus its adjustable (via set screw) for about 10 different positions ranging from all the way forward to all the way back. Its quite stable at all positions, no matter how much of the brace is actually over the tube
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpecWired:

<a href="http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/gthktx/media/8ad051de-c5b4-4562-97b1-c869cd84c835_zpsofzvotnt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s611/gthktx/8ad051de-c5b4-4562-97b1-c869cd84c835_zpsofzvotnt.jpg</a>

Is that a KAK Shockwave Blade on a factory CZ adaptor?

If so, how is that combo working for you? Snug, any play?

Its great. The KAK looks way more streamlined and less goofy than the Sig brace, and its more traditional looking than the CAA/Thordsen buffer cover

Its very stable. I opted to forego the castle nut and just threaded the tube into the adapter and held it in place with the two set screws it comes with. Nice and solid.

Plus its adjustable (via set screw) for about 10 different positions ranging from all the way forward to all the way back. Its quite stable at all positions, no matter how much of the brace is actually over the tube

Based upon your feedback, I took back my SIG Brace and ordered the KAK kit. It arrived today and wow, this set up is phenomenal. I have it almost fully collapsed, and it's nice and tight with no play. It also looks frighteningly at home on the Scorpion and not at all out of place.

It works so well that it wiped out any desire I had for a factory folder. I'll be leaving the configuration as is.

All I need now is to find the right optic set up and that build is done.

This was the specific purchase for those interested: http://www.kakindustry.com/cz-scorpion/scorpion-evo-package-shockwave-black

Much better set up than the SIG brace.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if they will end up selling just the 922 mag parts separately?  For people who bought a bunch of 30rd. mags, this seems to be a bit of a let down...
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jarmstrong1029:
I wonder if they will end up selling just the 922 mag parts separately?  For people who bought a bunch of 30rd. mags, this seems to be a bit of a let down...
View Quote

Cz indicated they would IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jarmstrong1029:
View Quote

They said on the instagram post that they would sell seperately. They also said they are expecting an August/September of the kits, but aren't  expecting a large supply of sticks until September. Not sure if that means they will sell them seperately at some point.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Went to the range today to see how the mags  cracked feedlips would perform... Well fired 250rounds of Fiocchi/sellier&bellot/geko without issue
My father retired Leo/mil has a Lot of experience with the mp5 and m12 but he's really in love with the Evo!

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]
One of those stocks is obviously beefier
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#19]
One of those stocks is obviously beefier
View Quote

Actually other than the magnet and butt pad on the newer stock they are identical
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTran555] [#20]
Originally Posted By CTran555:

The airsoft stock supposedly is made of the same material and from the same molds as the original Scorpion stock.  It is all polymer and does not have the buttpad.  Also, it has the hook that latches to the side of the gun when folded, not the magnet that the newer version has that meets up with the serial number plate.

As far as fit, it does fit BUT the hole for the detent on the back of the gun is different. The hole is larger and does not line up with the spring detent that you push in to remove the stock.  So when the airsoft stock is on the gun, the detent is partially covered by the stock plate (the part that slides on to the back of the gun).  I haven't shot it in this configuration yet (probably will tomorrow), but I have a hard time believing that the stock will come off the gun.  Both my original pistol sling adapter and the airsoft are a very tight fit and it takes me a couple hard hits with a rubber mallet to get either one on or off.
View Quote

Ok so finally took my SBR Scorpion to the range today.  The thing is a lot more fun to shoot with the CZ stock.  I honestly didn't even notice the strong side safety on my index finger anymore.  

That being said, it turns out I was wrong about one thing.  If you rapidly fire this thing with the unmodified airsoft stock, it will eventually ride up without the detent button to hold it in place.  I dumped about four or five 30 round mags through this thing in a span of about two minutes.  About every 10-15 rounds, it would start to ride up.  That being said, it never came off of the gun.  The furthest it got was about half way up.  The only thing that made me notice it the first time was I couldn't get my sight picture and I could not figure out why (again, rapid fire).  

The obvious solutions would be: get the non-airsoft stock (which is what I'll do), move the rear sight back a spot on the rail (effectively blocking the stock from riding up), or modifying the airsoft stock (cutting just below the existing hole on the hinge plate) to fit the detent button.  

I know I'm not modifying the airsoft stock as I have a totally kickass backyard training (and select fire) version of my Scorpion.

So that's my AAR and stuff.  As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:08:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#21]
Rear QD is almost here.

..... and the front that I already shared.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Can that be used with the stock?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:15:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ImageX] [#23]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

View All Quotes

Yes. It follows the contour of the gun and does not protrude onto end/stock plate. Just over the notched part. Check the stock pics above and/or look at your gun to see what I mean. The left QD won't interfere.... but not sure if the right side QD would work with stock. Fortunately, I only care about the left QD.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:10:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Ok so finally took my SBR Scorpion to the range today.  The thing is a lot more fun to shoot with the CZ stock.  I honestly didn't even notice the strong side safety on my index finger anymore.  

That being said, it turns out I was wrong about one thing.  If you rapidly fire this thing with the unmodified airsoft stock, it will eventually ride up without the detent button to hold it in place.  I dumped about four or five 30 round mags through this thing in a span of about two minutes.  About every 10-15 rounds, it would start to ride up.  That being said, it never came off of the gun.  The furthest it got was about half way up.  The only thing that made me notice it the first time was I couldn't get my sight picture and I could not figure out why (again, rapid fire).  

The obvious solutions would be: get the non-airsoft stock (which is what I'll do), move the rear sight back a spot on the rail (effectively blocking the stock from riding up), or modifying the airsoft stock (cutting just below the existing hole on the hinge plate) to fit the detent button.  

I know I'm not modifying the airsoft stock as I have a totally kickass backyard training (and select fire) version of my Scorpion.

View All Quotes

You only need to make the hole larger or longer then it fits 100%
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:40:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#25]
Yup.

It's a 10 second fix with a dremel.

That QD socket is EXACTLY what I need.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:48:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#26]
Originally Posted By ImageX:

Yes. It follows the contour of the gun and does not protrude onto end/stock plate. Just over the notched part. Check the stock pics above and/or look at your gun to see what I mean. The left QD won't interfere.... but not sure if the right side QD would work with stock. Fortunately, I only care about the left QD.
View All Quotes

Nice.  PMM should do same thing for the ARX.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Nice.  PMM should do the same for the ARX.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Evo approved this morning, now I have to debate on getting the buffer tube adapter or waiting on the 922r kit.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I picked up an unfired EVO from a local seller last week for a good price. I shot it last Thursday and it is surprisingly accurate/consisten even without a stock. I just filed my ATF form1 today and hope to get the 922r kit when it is out. In the meantime, I will use a cheap bungee sling to shoot with. I also repurposed a free bag that I got from one of my training classes for a nice discrete case.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone know what size Pelican case I should get if I want to fit a stocked Scorpion, suppressor, and 8 or so mags?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:15:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: madscout636] [#31]
Posted: Yesterday 12:56:46 PM CDT
Anyone know what size Pelican case I should get if I want to fit a stocked Scorpion, suppressor, and 8 or so mags?

I bought an im2600.  It leaves a good buffer on the muzzle and but plate ends.  Leaves plenty of room for a suppressor cutout, cutout for 8 mags, and plenty of room for other accessories.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By madscout636:

I bought an im2600.  It leaves a good buffer on the muzzle and but plate ends.  Leaves plenty of room for a suppressor cutout, cutout for 8 mags, and plenty of room for other accessories.
View Quote

Do you have pics?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Do you have pics?
View All Quotes

Do you have pics?

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#34]

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/paperwad/media/20150713_1013181_zpspxpy5z5k.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/paperwad/20150713_1013181_zpspxpy5z5k.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/paperwad/media/20150713_1013471_zpskzexnmif.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/paperwad/20150713_1013471_zpskzexnmif.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/paperwad/media/20150713_1014551_zpse15ewnb8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/paperwad/20150713_1014551_zpse15ewnb8.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Do you have pics?

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/paperwad/media/20150713_1013181_zpspxpy5z5k.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/paperwad/20150713_1013181_zpspxpy5z5k.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/paperwad/media/20150713_1013471_zpskzexnmif.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/paperwad/20150713_1013471_zpskzexnmif.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/paperwad/media/20150713_1014551_zpse15ewnb8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/paperwad/20150713_1014551_zpse15ewnb8.jpg</a>

That looks like a really good option for the Scorpion. Nice!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#35]
http://www.k-var.com/shop/CZ-SBR/922-SCORPIONKIT.html

Preorder the 922r kit for $20 under MSRP
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By pc299:

View Quote

I saw that email today and put in my preorder.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Ordered. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:43:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Ordered. Thanks
View All Quotes

Ordered. Thanks

Anyone have experience with these guys?  I have never heard of them, and while I doubt their not legit, I just wonder how fast they'll avtually get the kits once they are available.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#39]
What about backordering it while ordering another product? I'd prefer they just ship together... Mostly because I'm out of town for the month
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MidMichHunter:

Anyone have experience with these guys?  I have never heard of them, and while I doubt their not legit, I just wonder how fast they'll avtually get the kits once they are available.
View All Quotes

Ordered. Thanks

Not that I have much experience pre-ordering that things, mostly knives. But I will say that it has never worked out for me . It has alway ended up being available somewhere else for right around the same price sooner than my pre-order is filled. So I think I'll hold off.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Ordered. Thanks

I have never preordered through kvar, however, I have ordered many items from them over the years. They are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Icopy:

I have never preordered through kvar, however, I have ordered many items from them over the years. They are good to go.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Icopy:

Ordered. Thanks

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Is KVAR charging now or when they actually ship?
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:25:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gazorpazorp] [#44]
Originally Posted By Hking:
View All Quotes

I have not been charged yet.

Standard shipping to SD brings the cost up to $196
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:

Preordered as well.  Shipping to Texas resulted same total price.  $196.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, that's the one downside to doing business with K-VAR, they price shipping like you had a lead brick in every box.  Given their exclusive relationship with Arsenal, they sometimes end up being the only game in town for rare AK parts.

I'm torn between preordering and waiting it out.  I want the factory stock, but I wonder who else will be jumping in the 922R parts?  I know I want a 3-lug adapter, so that rules out the compensator.  I guess the trigger parts and grip would be all right, but I'm going to need more than two mags worth of followers and floorplates.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Yes, that's the one downside to doing business with K-VAR, they price shipping like you had a lead brick in every box.  Given their exclusive relationship with Arsenal, they sometimes end up being the only game in town for rare AK parts.

I'm torn between preordering and waiting it out.  I want the factory stock, but I wonder who else will be jumping in the 922R parts?  I know I want a 3-lug adapter, so that rules out the compensator.  I guess the trigger parts and grip would be all right, but I'm going to need more than two mags worth of followers and floorplates.
View Quote

Me too.  CZ will be selling them separately.   Also some hope that a US manufacturer (i.e. Manticore) of mags will step up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm still waiting for an aftermarket trigger so I don't have to worry about magazines. Considered preordering the kit from KVAR, but that shipping kinda negates the saving. The only reason is to save your spot in line, but who's to say that KVAR is going to get them from the first shipment? CZ-USA could keep the first few shipments and send the rest to distributors. I'm kinda torn between which one to do. Also... If I order from KVAR, I'm ordering other stuff and I'm not gonna be home to receive it for about a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By king_reptar:
Considered preordering the kit from KVAR, but that shipping kinda negates the saving.
View Quote

Still comes out cheaper then ordering direct from CZ though? It's going to be $199 (+ shipping) from them. Kvar is $196 shipped when all said and done. I imagine CZ shipping is going to be in the $10-$15 range. It was $12.08 to ship 4 mags so shipping that kit is bound to be more.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got my confirmation email from k-var on my stock/compliance kit. They charged me $19.60, which is 10% of the order total with shipping.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 72 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top