Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 21 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally got back my F1 for my P26. Still waiting for my F1 for my TP9. It took 340-ish days...
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#3]
SBR Saturday!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
SBR Saturday!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/tyyap/20170713_235304.jpg
View Quote
What's your favorite?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The USC has a special place because it's soft shooting. But it is also very clearly a weapon designed by committee, meant to have caliber conversion done easily, so it ends up being this clunky monster.

TP9 intrigue me the most, due to it's rotating bolt locking design.

Scorpion EVO 3 is just new and raw.

P26 because it's a fancy TEC9.

KH9 (no stamp yet) because it's a fancy new Spectre.

In another word, I can't decide because I like all subgun(-type) guns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:28:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: r_shackelford] [#6]
The P26 is svelte in that photo.  All of the others, including the TP9, look bulky and ungainly in comparison.

The P26 is underrated. Too bad they aren't sticking with the platform. Any hopes that Beretta will build them here?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By r_shackelford:
The P26 is svelte in that photo.  All of the others, including the TP9, look bulky and ungainly in comparison.

The P26 is underrated. Too bad they aren't sticking with the platform. Any hopes that Beretta will build them here?
View Quote
I agree it is under rated.  Shoot the P26 back to back with the TP9 and you're opinion might change.

No to USA production.  Beretta has been clear that they have zero interest in selling it to civilians of any nation/state.  It is supposed to replace the PM-12 in Italian service.  I cannot recall the model designation.  Strange too, because they already have the Storm that they've sold abroad.

Best we can hope for is that the sub contractor for the magazines starts selling them publicly.  This could drive down magazine prices, possibly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:

I agree it is under rated.  Shoot the P26 back to back with the TP9 and you're opinion might change.

No to USA production.  Beretta has been clear that they have zero interest in selling it to civilians of any nation/state.  It is supposed to replace the PM-12 in Italian service.  I cannot recall the model designation.  Strange too, because they already have the Storm that they've sold abroad.

Best we can hope for is that the sub contractor for the magazines starts selling them publicly.  This could drive down magazine prices, possibly.
View Quote
Curious, what do you mean your opinion may change if shooting back to back?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a chance to shoot some of my favorite PCC's yesterday.  Til yesterday I had not shot my P26 and APC9 during the same range session so my impression was that the APC9 was "better", but honestly I couldn't put my finger on why.  I shot these two un-suppressed back and forth maybe five or six shots at a time and now I think they are both pretty much the same although the APC9 feels maybe just a smidge softer.  Both are nice shooters though.  I would give the edge to the APC9 due to the additional controls.  I still like my 9mm AK the best.  It's awesome suppressed.

Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#10]
idk if anyone else is interested, but I made a crude photoshop gallery showing the three stocks of the apc9/45. the first two are like an inch shorter than they should be, but it's a cool reference because there's not a lot of pics of the apc with the adjustable/collapsible stock.

Speaking of which, does anyone know a place besides Dakota Tactical to get the adjustable/collapsible stock? (only could find here  so far )

link to the gallery
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By roughrider94:
idk if anyone else is interested, but I made a crude photoshop gallery showing the three stocks of the apc9/45. the first two are like an inch shorter than they should be, but it's a cool reference because there's not a lot of pics of the apc with the adjustable/collapsible stock.

Speaking of which, does anyone know a place besides Dakota Tactical to get the adjustable/collapsible stock? (only could find here  so far )

link to the gallery
View Quote
G&R had them listed last time I looked and there was at least one on Gunbroker this morning.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#12]
How has B&T been with parts availability?

If you pick up a limited production gun like a P26 or KH9, are you completely screwed if a part eventually fails?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Brooklynite:
How has B&T been with parts availability?

If you pick up a limited production gun like a P26 or KH9, are you completely screwed if a part eventually fails?
View Quote
I spoke with a prominent B+T retailer recently regarding parts.  They said B+T USA is determining what parts to stock for customers.  

I have just barely gotten past the 5K mark on my DS Arms import TP9; the service interval is 5k on select fire and suppressed weapons.  
I've picked up parts here and there while I can. They are expensive as all get out though... be prepared.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know why some P26 barrels have threads at the end of their tri lug while others do not?   I had thought all the P26's came with both the Tri-lug mount and threaded barrels (with a knurled thread protector) but doing a quick Bing or Google search on P26/images I see P26's with both threaded and non-threaded barrels. Perhaps all B&T USA models had threaded bbls?.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By robar300:
Does anyone know why some P26 barrels have threads at the end of their tri lug while others do not?   I had thought all the P26's came with both the Tri-lug mount and threaded barrels (with a knurled thread protector) but doing a quick Bing or Google search on P26/images I see P26's with both threaded and non-threaded barrels. Perhaps all B&T USA models had threaded bbls?.
View Quote
Mine is non-threaded. I've seen both types for sale on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote
The first ones brought in were not threaded. Later in the short run of the p26, they started threading as well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#17]
So once again, what AR triggers are working with the APC9? Drop ins? I love the trigger on mine stock but just wondering as to what's out there and what's working.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
If the APC9 came with the threaded end, Id have one already. I know i can have it done, but buying it just to send it off to get cut on seems wrong. I may go the MPX route, we shall see. Cost and availability of parts is a concern for a boutique gun like this for me as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mikefrans:
So once again, what AR triggers are working with the APC9? Drop ins? I love the trigger on mine stock but just wondering as to what's out there and what's working.

Thanks
View Quote
Guisele is a no go
Quite a few I tried did not work but I was able to get a elftman 3 gun drop in to work. It's a nice trigger and I'm glad I ditched the stock two stage.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Have a Geissele S3G in my APC9 and love it
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 01Dc4:
Have a Geissele S3G in my APC9 and love it
View Quote
That same model wouldn't work in my apc9 because the hammer rubbed the front of the trigger well, I take it you removed material to make it fit?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 01Dc4] [#22]
It dropped in and worked with out any real modification. The only thing needed to let the hammer move all the way forward is to remove the steel hammer stop in the front of the trigger well (it just slides in and out of place). It's only purpose is to protect the lower from dry firing without the upper in place. I put some indexing paint on a few places in the lower today to check for any unwanted contact or interference and ran 300 rds through it flawlessly.

The hammer will only contact the front of the trigger well if it's dry fired without the upper in place.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

The first ones brought in were not threaded. Later in the short run of the p26, they started threading as well.
View Quote
I have an early non threaded version too. I prefer it as I don't want it coming loose. I shoot suppressed with 3 lug almost entirely.

They also redesigned the recoil spring guides. The old design had screws and it fails. Mine broke around the 1500-2000K round count. I did notice it loose when cleaning before it broke an I put some locktite on the screws. B&T USA took a while to respond but they did send me two new design assemblies for my P26. Much better now.

Old broken design:
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#24]
are they replacing it as it breaks or can we put in request for the updated version?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Just ordered my APC9.

This will be my new GHB gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JSmith88:
Just ordered my APC9.

This will be my new GHB gun.
View Quote
If i can find someone willing to thread it, I think this will be the same role for me. Ammo commonality and all that.
If threading it looks like a no go, then MPX probably. parts and mags seem to cost about the same (wtf, sig?)

do post pics and impressions when you get yours.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By branflake12:

If i can find someone willing to thread it, I think this will be the same role for me. Ammo commonality and all that.
If threading it looks like a no go, then MPX probably. parts and mags seem to cost about the same (wtf, sig?)

do post pics and impressions when you get yours.
View Quote
No three lug adapter for you?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]
For those that already have the APC9 what optic are you using. I'm a big fan of RMRs for their size, but also have a couple T-1s and wouldn't mind having another.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#29]
For those that already have the APC9 what optic are you using. I'm a big fan of RMRs for their size, but also have a couple T-1s and wouldn't mind having another.
View Quote
See my photo just a bit up-thread.  Holosun 503BU on the APC9 (503C on the P26).   I have T-1s and MROs and love them, but have recently started using the Holosun's for the price and they've been great so far.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
T-1 on my APC's in a low Larue mount for now, I might get a taller mount once my F-1's come back depending on how it works with the B&T stock. I ran a Leupold Deltapoint for a while but the T-1 just feels like a better red dot to me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By michealj:

T-1 on my APC's in a low Larue mount for now, I might get a taller mount once my F-1's come back depending on how it works with the B&T stock. I ran a Leupold Deltapoint for a while but the T-1 just feels like a better red dot to me.
View Quote
I love my T-1s but just impulse bought an MRO in a low mount. With my intended purpose to be a a vehicle grab gun and PDW the larger field of view might be good. If nothing else if i don't like it I can swap a T-1 from an AR over and try that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:43:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: robar300] [#32]
View Quote
I'm using a DI Optical FC1, prism red dot on both an APC9 and 45. Love these DI Optical glass as they are clear and bright, and without any hint of color in the glass. The prism type sight also help for those eyes with astigmatisms.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By goloud:

No three lug adapter for you?
View Quote
only have an Osprey 9, and SiCo says they wont be doing a 3 lug adapter. I could get one of those over the barrel shroud things that ends with threads, but seems like it might increase the chance of a strike. Maybe im being paranoid.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#34]

only have an Osprey 9, and SiCo says they wont be doing a 3 lug adapter. I could get one of those over the barrel shroud things that ends with threads, but seems like it might increase the chance of a strike. Maybe im being paranoid.
View Quote
I'm tracking. Threaded or time to get a new can.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#35]
exactly. If i get an MPX, no new can or adapter needed, and it costs a little less (i.e., im in for the gun and an aimpoint for the cost of the base APC9). Having never held one, its tough to see what it does better than the MPX, but i keep coming back to it.

Also, not sure who id trust to say "heres my brand new $2k+ subgun, go cut the barrel up". Eek.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone with a Rugged Obsidian 45 buy the new SilencerCo 3 lug 45 mount and see if it is compatible with their APC45? I didn't want to pay a restocking fee of $30 and find out it doesn't work, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows if they (obsidian + silencerco 3 lug 45) are in fact compatible.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I've used the SilCo 45 tri-lug adapter with an Octane on my APC45; it fit perfectly and worked well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#38]
The APC9 is hands down a finer, better weapon.

Nothing wrong with the MPX, but the APC makes it look and feel like Tapco by comparison.

exactly. If i get an MPX, no new can or adapter needed, and it costs a little less (i.e., im in for the gun and an aimpoint for the cost of the base APC9). Having never held one, its tough to see what it does better than the MPX, but i keep coming back to it.

Also, not sure who id trust to say "heres my brand new $2k+ subgun, go cut the barrel up". Eek.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By goloud:

The APC9 is hands down a finer, better weapon.

Nothing wrong with the MPX, but the APC makes it look and feel like Tapco by comparison.
View Quote
I was really hoping someone would jump in and say "yeah, they're about the same".

Dammit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#40]

I was really hoping someone would jump in and say "yeah, they're about the same".

Dammit.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat. I bought two MPX's and I'm considering selling them to get an APC9. I admire Sig for making a piston pistol caliber carbine, but the changes they are constantly making really pushes me away from platform. Between the Gen 1 vs Gen 2, lack of promised accessories & firing pin spring issues, I think I'm done with the MPX.

The APC9 is a much simpler design with highly regarded build quality.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xM16a1x] [#41]
Originally Posted By fourxfour:

I'm in the same boat. I bought two MPX's and I'm considering selling them to get an APC9. I admire Sig for making a piston pistol caliber carbine, but the changes they are constantly making really pushes me away from platform. Between the Gen 1 vs Gen 2, lack of promised accessories & firing pin spring issues, I think I'm done with the MPX.

The APC9 is a much simpler design with highly regarded build quality.
View Quote
I absolutely love my APC9 and ended up getting an APC223, they are very well made.

Still waiting for some news on the GHM9, I have to have it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#42]
B&Ts are like pokemons, gotcha catch them all!
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:22:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: branflake12] [#43]
Originally Posted By xM16a1x:
I absolutely love my APC9 and ended up getting an APC223, they are very well made.

Still waiting for some news on the GHM9, I have to have it.
View Quote
You can set brownells to alert when they have it:

http://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/ghm9-pistol-9mm-1-30rd-mag-prod104753.aspx

key differences between this and the APC?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#44]

You can set brownells to alert when they have it:

http://www.brownells.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/ghm9-pistol-9mm-1-30rd-mag-prod104753.aspx

key differences between this and the APC?
View Quote
The GHM9 does not have a hydraulic buffer and is a little simpler and lighter, plus much cheaper than an APC9.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#45]
hmm. making me wonder if i should wait.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd suggest getting the KH9 instead. It's more expensive than the GHM9, but much more technically interesting due to it's DA/SA striker design instead of a traditional hammer (AR) FCG.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
I'd suggest getting the KH9 instead. It's more expensive than the GHM9, but much more technically interesting due to it's DA/SA striker design instead of a traditional hammer (AR) FCG.
View Quote
Is that backwards? from the GHM9 page:

"The GHM9 PISTOL, 9MM, 1-30RD MAG features a design based on Brugger & Thomet's KH9 submachine gun, incorporating a unique trigger setup. The gun uses a double-action trigger for the initial shot, while follow-up shots can be performed with a single-action trigger pull."

My P99 is like that, and I dont mind it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:27:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trpclfvr] [#48]
Nope, not backwards. The description is talking about the unique KH9 trigger setup.

The GHM9 uses the APC series lower which use AR FCG.

Checkout MAC's video on his KH9. Starts at 13 minutes. Can't seem to get the embedded video to work.

https://youtu.be/05hblz-CyA8?t=12m59s

RANGE DAY: Custom ACE rifle, KH9, and more!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 21 of 73)
Top Top