Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 20 of 73)
Page / 73
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]
on the right side selector you insert a pin in the tiny hole then that side slides off, be careful its spring loaded and you will loose it when you slide the right side off. The rest is one piece that goes out the left side, you have to rotate the selector as you push it out.  More spring loaded pieces too. It's not so fun to do. If you can't figure it out don't force it. Pm me your number and I could walk you through it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rotortuner:
on the right side selector you insert a pin in the tiny hole then that side slides off, be careful its spring loaded and you will loose it when you slide the right side off. The rest is one piece that goes out the left side, you have to rotate the selector as you push it out.  More spring loaded pieces too. It's not so fun to do. If you can't figure it out don't force it. Pm me your number and I could walk you through it.
View Quote
I've had the right side selector off and I thought the rest would just come right out, but I couldn't get it.  This was a couple of months ago.  I'll have to give it another try and may take you up on the offer for help.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:16:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LarryLove] [#3]
Just a heads-up... Exile Machine has B&T factory APC9 magazines for $48.37.  I think this is the best price I've seen for them.  I'm not affiliated with this supplier, but they almost always have the cheapest price on whatever gun shit I need, so I check them first.  I got the in-stock notification for the APC9 mags and I'm passing on the info to you guys.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LarryLove:
Just a heads-up... Exile Machine has B&T factory APC9 magazines for $48.37.  I think this is the best price I've seen for them.  I'm not affiliated with this supplier, but they almost always have the cheapest price on whatever gun shit I need, so I check them first.  I got the in-stock notification for the APC9 mags and I'm passing on the info to you guys.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up! I just bought a few.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Blast diffuser anyone? I know a guy that will have them in stock next week...
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bruecken:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bruecken:
Originally Posted By LarryLove:
Great price!  Lowest I've seen since DS Arms sold out at $45.00 each.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I had bought 4 from DSArms back in the day. Those had the darker color plastic.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:22:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FADALdude] [#8]
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
Yeah, I had bought 4 from DSArms back in the day. Those had the darker color plastic.
View Quote
I noticed the same difference.  The texture of the plastic seems different as well.

ETA:  I wonder how many generations of TMP/MP9 magazines there are out there?  Including the black Steyr production, we would be one generation three if change in materials is counted.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, at the minimum, on generation 3.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:26:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKDoc] [#10]
Arms Unlimited is showing B&T USW in stock. Pistol and stock package. Anyone getting one of these? I have an SBR glock form 1 incoming so I feel like that can scratch my stocked handgun itch for a bit at considerably less cost but may pick one of these up eventually.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:
Arms Unlimited is showing B&T USW in stock. Pistol and stock package. Anyone getting one of these? I have an SBR glock form 1 incoming so I feel like that can scratch my stocked handgun itch for a bit at considerably less cost but may pick one of these up eventually.
View Quote
Shows out of stock for me?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow must be sold out already. They only showed 3 in stock this morning when I got email.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AF-06] [#13]
Thank you!  I picked up 16 mags.  I wish I'd known of Exile earlier.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#14]
AR trigger compatibility....

Would possible installation of a Franklin trigger be too much to hope for?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
AR trigger compatibility....

Would possible installation of a Franklin trigger be too much to hope for?
View Quote
I haven't tried that one specifically but based on trying a bunch of others I'm almost positive it would not work based on how the selector lever works on the APC, it won't take an AR selector which is the main problem, without it taking the Franklin selector, your sol. It's also picky on hammer profile.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#16]
A very reliable source has informed me that a major aftermarket trigger company is coming out with a drop in trigger for the APC models. Ready to drop by end of year :-)

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By robar300:
A very reliable source has informed me that a major aftermarket trigger company is coming out with a drop in trigger for the APC models. Ready to drop by end of year :-)

View Quote
Interesting. I like the stock trigger a lot. Anyone having issues?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
There is a drop in now, the Elftman 3 gun goes right in and works with no mods, single stage, 3 lbs, breaks clean, tiny reset.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 3:33:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xM16a1x] [#19]
has anybody heard any rumors from a reliable source, as to when we will see an APC 223 Carbine?

I'm tempted to get the pistol version but then I wouldn't be able to get the carbine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:53:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dushan] [#20]
We got a part number now BT-450002 and photos of the GHM9

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-ghm9-2/bt-semi-automatic-carbine-ghm9-cal-9-x-19-mm

Price is about $1,300

It's at a sweet price point, but the lack of stock/brace options is rather limiting, just like the P26
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:53:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By dushan:

https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-ghm9-2/bt-semi-automatic-carbine-ghm9-cal-9-x-19-mm

Price is about $1,3000

It's at a sweet price point, but the lack of stock/brace options is rather limiting, just like the P26
View Quote
Just bought the APC 223 pistol and the GHM9 will be next.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Price is about $1,3000

View Quote
I think you meant to write "$1,300" :-)   I've heard from B&T that SB Tactical is supposed to be working on a brace that would fit.  I'm assuming that the Atlantic Arms adapter would work (since it works on the P26, TP, and KH9) and then you can add a pistol tube and perhaps something like a Tailhook (if you can find one).
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:24:21 AM EDT
[#23]

I think you meant to write "$1,300" :-)   I've heard from B&T that SB Tactical is supposed to be working on a brace that would fit.  I'm assuming that the Atlantic Arms adapter would work (since it works on the P26, TP, and KH9) and then you can add a pistol tube and perhaps something like a Tailhook (if you can find one).
View Quote
That's what happens when I post at 11:53 PM

Yeah, the Atlantic Arms adapter should work, but it's ungainly as hell

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/adapter-for-b-t-tp9-and-p26-detail.html?Itemid=0

With the brace on the APC9 you get very close to look of the real deal
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I've been eyeing an APC9 for a while, but as I cant find a way to get a 3 lug to work with my osprey 9...any idea if they will bring a threaded (or threaded in front of the 3 lug) option to market?

If i cant shoot it suppressed, the desire drops quite a bit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I tried to put a Larue MBT into my P26 but it would not fit. The rear of the trigger behind the disconnector is too wide. It won't fit between the detents for the safety.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#26]

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/adapter-for-b-t-tp9-and-p26-detail.html?Itemid=0

http://enews.palmettostatearmory.com/q/-GItR6BpythYK0XPDXo2nUdocxL-zcz2OCz7ZcOJYWxleGFuZGVyamFtZXNyb2VobUBnbWFpbC5jb23DiAQ4cy8uuwe6psZhWxQccHEkGHMA
View All Quotes

http://enews.palmettostatearmory.com/q/-GItR6BpythYK0XPDXo2nUdocxL-zcz2OCz7ZcOJYWxleGFuZGVyamFtZXNyb2VobUBnbWFpbC5jb23DiAQ4cy8uuwe6psZhWxQccHEkGHMA
SB won't confirm or deny at this point. The adapter from Atlantic is a JOKE. You could fuck up your gun with the hack job they did. Hopefully SB's attempt will be coming soon and be an improvement.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I think there was someone on this forum who modified their Atlantic Arms adapter with parts (screws and washers) from McMaster-Carr and made the adapter work quiet well.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/475560_B-T-TP9---P26-Arm-Brace-Adaptor.html
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Any other place to get cheap APC9/45 mags since exile machine closed?

In regards to the triggers, I'd really appreciate a more detailed instruction set on how to swap the trigger out. Seems difficult juding by prev comments. And are the triggers in the APC9/45 identical in dimensions? (If an AR15 trig works in the APC9 it will also work in the APC45?)
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Shooting surplus has the B&T USW in stock. I dont have any association with them, just saw it popup on social media.

I'd love one but at $2350 its a little rich for my blood for a pistol
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:45:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: robar300] [#30]
Originally Posted By roughrider94:

In regards to the triggers, I'd really appreciate a more detailed instruction set on how to swap the trigger out. Seems difficult juding by prev comments. And are the triggers in the APC9/45 identical in dimensions? (If an AR15 trig works in the APC9 it will also work in the APC45?)
View Quote
In regards to the triggers, yes, they are the same. I own both a 9mm and a 45 APC and have swapped the lowers to check function; mag well is of course different sizes. I've also discussed this with Tim at B&T and he confirmed that the lower parts kits are the same in the APCs. I'll shoot some pics comparing the lowers of my APCs.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#31]
More GMH 9 news comrades.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#32]
The circle of life... I borrowed that from the diligent poster 10 spots up.  My news is for the non AR15.com hyper aware.

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#33]
In regards to the triggers, yes, they are the same. I own both a 9mm and a 45 APC and have swapped the lowers to check function; mag well is of course different sizes. I've also discussed this with Tim at B&T and he confirmed that the lower parts kits are the same in the APCs. I'll shoot some pics comparing the lowers of my APCs.
View All Quotes

The mag wells of my 9 and 45 are identical. I think the only differences between the 9 and 45 are the bolt and barrel.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:47:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: robar300] [#34]
View All Quotes

Yes, sorry, I meant that the mags will not lock into the other APC.   45 on right and 9mm on left.  Magazines can be inserted but will not lock (might be the different bolts are interfering).

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:01:07 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Any chance i could get that contact info to ask about the potential for threaded barrels?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Yes, sorry, I meant that the mags will not lock into the other APC.   45 on right and 9mm on left.  Magazines can be inserted but will not lock (might be the different bolts are interfering).

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b430/rumblestar308/10-8%20sights/IMG_1228_zpscj3bmlyq.jpg
View Quote
I thought the gap at the front of the mag well on the 9mm (viewed from top) was to accommodate different size mags. If the .45 is similar to the 9mm (makes sense steel .45 and polymer 9mm), what's the gap for?!?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:27:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: robar300] [#37]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

I thought the gap at the front of the mag well on the 9mm (viewed from top) was to accommodate different size mags. If the .45 is similar to the 9mm (makes sense steel .45 and polymer 9mm), what's the gap for?!?
View Quote
Not sure, the length is not long enough to to accommodate an AR mag for the APC 223. 10mm??
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:32:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: robar300] [#38]
Originally Posted By branflake12:

Any chance i could get that contact info to ask about the potential for threaded barrels?
View Quote
Perhaps drop them an email with the question, I've found them responsive compared to other manufacturers. If I recall a related conversation that I had with them about why the P26 was the only gun with a threaded barrel and why not add threads to the others, it was because they didn't want to compromise the strength of the end of the bbl of the APC and higher end guns in case they were dropped on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll do that, thank you.

That makes sense as well, if not disappointing.

Has anyone had the chance to compare the APC against a MPX? I'm hankering for a sub-ishgun and think either the APC9, MPX or a Zenith MP5ish it'll be.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll do that, thank you.

That makes sense as well, if not disappointing.

Has anyone had the chance to compare the APC against a MPX? I'm hankering for a sub-ishgun and think either the APC9, MPX or a Zenith MP5ish it'll be.
View Quote
APC9 in a landslide. It's so smooth.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By goloud:

APC9 in a landslide. It's so smooth.
View Quote
seems like you've had some experience. I've never fired a roller like an MP5 either, which is why its on my list.

Still APC9?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#42]

seems like you've had some experience. I've never fired a roller like an MP5 either, which is why its on my list.

Still APC9?
View Quote
Between and MP5 and an APC I'd have to say...

Get both.

Seriously though, the MP5 is a very smooth classic, but the APC is more refined and modern.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Get both.

Seriously though, the MP5 is a very smooth classic, but the APC is more refined and modern.
View Quote
I'll echo this. I have both and they both get taken out and shot quite a bit. Sometimes I'm in the mood to shoot a true classic, sometimes I want to be more modern with extra features. They are both truly fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Get both.

View Quote
friggen' arfcom
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

http://i.imgur.com/WOYgJH7.jpg
View Quote
You got that 9K pretty hot...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#48]
These guns look so sick. I can't wait to get one one day.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
These guns look so sick. I can't wait to get one one day.
View Quote
Do it!

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
that's a steal. Really kicking myself for buying when they first came out
Page / 73
B&T 9mm Carbine APC9 (Page 20 of 73)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top