Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2014 9:18:46 AM EDT
So I have a Aug-A3 that I'm looking at buying- but wanted to know what optic is best for this gun? Anyone using a CQT by Leupold ??
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had mine for a month, the CQT seems like a good fit, but am looking at something in a 1x4. I'm an older guy and can use a little more magnification if you know what I mean. I've been very happy with my AUG. Ordered a mag hold from Bladetech, they make them to order, and I plan on shooting it in a few 3 gun matches this fall.  Trigger a little strong, but i got use to it pretty quick.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't sighted it in yet but I just swapped over to an Osprey 1-4x24 with a 30mm tube on my A3. The 30mm tube really helps in 3 Gun matches when moving across multiple targets.

Order one from Optic Planet & one gets free shipping.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had mine for a month, the CQT seems like a good fit, but am looking at something in a 1x4.
View Quote

You want something with a 4mm objective lens?

It's huge though.  And it weighs over a pound without the mount.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The CQ/T does look good on the AUG.  It looks similar to the factory A3 scope, but is a lot more useful because it has illumination, plus variable power.  As mentioned earlier, it's quite heavy, over a pound, although the A3 optic isn't light weight either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top