Quoted:

Long story short - Yes

Was this in response to my questions?
Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Me too.....it would be nice for them to say:  Yeah the latch clearly isnt a "suppressor" part.  Your not going to make a bunch of illegal suppressors with a spare latch.  

Ill buy a dozen of them and ratchet those teeth to my hearts content.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long story short - Yes

Was this in response to my question?

I took their next post as a response to you...

Me too.....it would be nice for them to say:  Yeah the latch clearly isnt a "suppressor" part.  Your not going to make a bunch of illegal suppressors with a spare latch.  

Ill buy a dozen of them and ratchet those teeth to my hearts content.

Roll pin is a 1 way.  Unless you have an EDM and a fixture in your garage would be pretty hard to get out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fixed it for you.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long story short - Yes

Was this in response to my questions?
Fixed it for you.    

Fixed it for myself.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't the same latches on the blast shields?

----- Any plan to sell more 9in URX3 300BLK uppers?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Aren't the same latches on the blast shields?
View Quote

Stop making sense.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
So just to clarify....there isnt and wont be a mini 7?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd love to see a 51t muzzle device that brings 13.7" barrels to a non-NFA length.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So just to clarify....there isnt and wont be a mini 7?
View Quote

There is not. There were plans for one and it was announced, priced, in catalogs etc. But never came out. Similar to the Ranger 3 and the 10/22 SD.

Wayback Machine
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a shame the Ranger 3 never came about. Seemed like a pretty cool can.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's a shame the Ranger 3 never came about. Seemed like a pretty cool can.
View Quote

Why? It would have been 1.5x the price of a Spartan 3
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
any chance the mini 7 or similar will be available? similar to the mini 4 but for 7.62/300blk use?

I would buy the shit out of a couple of Mini-7s.
yup

I would love a Mini-4 size can for 300BLK, my 8.5 300BLK looks silly with a 9" can on it..

My humble AAC collection
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would love a Mini-4 size can for 300BLK, my 8.5 300BLK looks silly with a 9" can on it..

My humble AAC collection
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/IMG_20160422_223610604_zpssccvgbpg.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
any chance the mini 7 or similar will be available? similar to the mini 4 but for 7.62/300blk use?

yup

My humble AAC collection
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/IMG_20160422_223610604_zpssccvgbpg.jpg

So you want 7" or 5"?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you want 7" or 5"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup

My humble AAC collection

So you want 7" or 5"?

Mini-4 is 5 1/4" .. that would be a good size for 300 blk version of Mini-4 IMO.  (thats a Mini-4 in my pic next to a 556SD)
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a mini 4 also.....just got an ultra 5 to fill the 5" 7.62 role.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This has already been addressed multiple times in this thread.

Bring back the Ti-Rant 9mm fullsize.

The demand is here. The can is great and a lot of us here could give a shit less about the illusion. Illustion doesn't put out the same numbers, does not take the same boosters, went back to the design of having to use a tool to change boosters.

Then you tease with a replacement, which as with any suppressor manufacturer means we will not see it till next SHOT, and wont have them out to the dealers until basically over a year from now.

It does not make any sense to me or the current market to discontinue the #1 9mm can with no "upgrade" being released at the same time.
View Quote
This...

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#16]
My LGS says TiR9M is in the workings.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I call bullshit
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#18]
The Mini 7 is the only can that I would really like to have at this point. I would probably buy two if it was ever reintroduced and released.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Tirant 9 please.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I call bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call bullshit

Highly unlikely.

And even still, I own a 9S, I don't care about modular cans. To each their own I guess.

Now what would be cool is a Ti-rant 9mm with that same style endcap of the modular 45m that doesn't require a tool for take down.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I call bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call bullshit

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:22:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call bullshit

So the email I got from AAC is a teaser for this? Lol

Also. What happened to the mercury???
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I call bullshit

Died on the vine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Scrapped it, decided to not go with the Monocore route as the first round pop is unavoidable.

Going forward "we" AAC think it makes no sense to have a rimfire silencer that the first round is significantly louder than the rest - defeats the purpose.
View Quote

+1

Studying which suppressors have FRP vs no FRP is what led me to purchase the Element 2, Tirant 9 and Tirant 45. All are still waiting for approval.

I've read where you plan to manufacture a 5/8x24 fixed piston for the Tirant 45 for subsonic .300 BO. How far along is that project?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Scrapped it, decided to not go with the Monocore route as the first round pop is unavoidable.

Going forward "we" AAC think it makes no sense to have a rimfire silencer that the first round is significantly louder than the rest - defeats the purpose.
View Quote

Whatever. I am shooting 500 rounds out of my gun, I don't care about +3 dB on the first shot.

Very little FRP on the Gen3 Prodigy....Better than a lot of other monocores.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Technically speaking......does it take a whole stack of individual baffles to eliminate the first round pop?  Have engineers messed with the mono-core design to its logical end to try and eliminate the frp?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Whatever. I am shooting 500 rounds out of my gun, I don't care about +3 dB on the first shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you're not shooting an American 180 ... I thought I didn't mind the FRP of the Osprey 45 on a 9 host, but the FRP after every mag change gets annoying pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But you're not shooting an American 180 ... I thought I didn't mind the FRP of the Osprey 45 on a 9 host, but the FRP after every mag change gets annoying pretty quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard of FRP on mag changes. Bigger mags, or change them faster?

Anyway, he specified rimfire, they are quiet even with a little FRP. Lots of folks make a monocore, SiCo, Gemtech, Griffin, etc, somehow they can reduce FRP, why can't AAC? Seems to be an engineering problem.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Just took possession of 762SD.  LOVE IT!

Thanks AAC for a great product.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Anyway, he specified rimfire, they are quiet even with a little FRP. Lots of folks make a monocore, SiCo, Gemtech, Griffin, etc, somehow they can reduce FRP, why can't AAC? Seems to be an engineering problem.
View Quote

I'm just getting slow in my old age.

But I agree - if GA and Liberty have produced monocores that reduce FRP down below 3 dB then it certainly should be achievable.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Many good companies and products but we are going on the "all go no show" approach. Performance first...
View Quote

So we to conclude when you build the best 22lr silencer, you will discontinue it like you did with the SPR/M4, Evolution, and TiRant9, all of which best in their class at time of discontinuation?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Technically speaking......does it take a whole stack of individual baffles to eliminate the first round pop?  Have engineers messed with the mono-core design to its logical end to try and eliminate the frp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a keystone armory situator pending now that is a monocore behind a k baffle designed to reduce FRP. I haven't shot it, I know Hiram has one and has shot it, so we'll see if the idea is feasible.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Like we said before those decisions were from past management... Looking forward we have some "improvements" coming...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many good companies and products but we are going on the "all go no show" approach. Performance first...

So we to conclude when you build the best 22lr silencer, you will discontinue it like you did with the SPR/M4, Evolution, and TiRant9, all of which best in their class at time of discontinuation?

Like we said before those decisions were from past management... Looking forward we have some "improvements" coming...

J/K

Looking forward to new stuff. I love my illusion.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what's under the plate cover?  I don't expect an answer but how about a little hint for some of us long suffering AAC fans?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

How is it? Mine's still waiting to get to the top of the form 4 pile
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just took possession of 762SD.  LOVE IT!

Thanks AAC for a great product.

View Quote

Good to hear. Should have mine in the fall
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it. Like it more than my Evolution. Even more than my TiRant9. Size does matter, and in silencers, smaller is better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Sorry if I missed this while skimming, but are there any plans for a 91t version of the M4-2000? Or a M4-2000 with interchangeable rear caps to accommodate whichever mount a guy prefers?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#42]
My EVO 9 has always been great. I do have some trouble getting the three lug mount to release sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My EVO 9 has always been great. I do have some trouble getting the three lug mount to release sometimes.
View Quote

Might be the paint thickness on the 3 lug?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Reduce but not eliminate.

We feel that the customer is buying a rimfire silencer to be quiet on every round. Laws of physics dictate current monocore designs cannot eliminate the FRP phenomenon.

Monocores are widely used in rimfire due to reduced manufacturing cost, ease of cleaning and generally give decent performance but suffer from FRP also accuracy can be compromised with this design in rimfire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reduce but not eliminate.

We feel that the customer is buying a rimfire silencer to be quiet on every round. Laws of physics dictate current monocore designs cannot eliminate the FRP phenomenon.

Monocores are widely used in rimfire due to reduced manufacturing cost, ease of cleaning and generally give decent performance but suffer from FRP also accuracy can be compromised with this design in rimfire.

I've been very happy with my Pilot 2.  FRP is not bad at all, and it is definitely a quiet can.  Accuracy has been good out of my Savage
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sorry if I missed this while skimming, but are there any plans for a 91t version of the M4-2000? Or a M4-2000 with interchangeable rear caps to accommodate whichever mount a guy prefers?
View Quote

Doubt they would do this. There is already the SR5.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's louder than the M4-2000.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood. But I was saying that from their perspective they already have a 90T Taper 556 can.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Understood. But I was saying that from their perspective they already have a 90T Taper 556 can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I got the SR5 and the 556SD mixed up in my head somehow.

I see that AAC rates the decibel reduction of the M4-2000 the same as the SR5. Have any customers/dealers had any real world experience comparing the two?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I love it. Like it more than my Evolution. Even more than my TiRant9. Size does matter, and in silencers, smaller is better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I totally agree. The Illusion is one of the most underrated pistol cans out there. It's light, slim, and actually facilitates use of most standard sights. I love the way the Osprey 9 sounds, but the Illusion is a better overall take on the eccentric concept, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#50]
I just bought a 45 Tirant

What do I need now to shoot it on a Glock 19, M&P9 and a 1911?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top