User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:39:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought a 45 Tirant

What do I need now to shoot it on a Glock 19, M&P9 and a 1911?
View Quote

Pistons in the appropriate thread pitches. That's it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife and I both have TiRant 9's, and I have an SPR/M4.

It was depressing to hear all the chatter about AAC becoming nothing more than a name on shell of a company it used to be.

Glad to here things have turned around. I hope you are able to rebuild the brand image that you once had. There was pride in being an AAC owner, and I did not want to see you get "Bushmastered".

I had kind of written you guys off, and no longer considered AAC as my 1st choice manufacturer. I currently have a SilencerCo in jail now, but look forward to seeing top level products from AAC in the future.

Thanks for posting.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ranger3 never got off the ground.

The Blastout™ is coming. Really it is and yes we know... It will be here soon and ARFCOM will be first to know!

Going forward when you hear about a new product from AAC it will be available and in stock. No more "Vaporware".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's the ranger 3 and blast shield coming?

Ranger3 never got off the ground.

The Blastout™ is coming. Really it is and yes we know... It will be here soon and ARFCOM will be first to know!

Going forward when you hear about a new product from AAC it will be available and in stock. No more "Vaporware".

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I totally agree. The Illusion is one of the most underrated pistol cans out there. It's light, slim, and actually facilitates use of most standard sights. I love the way the Osprey 9 sounds, but the Illusion is a better overall take on the eccentric concept, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking forward to new stuff. I love my illusion.

How is it? Mine's still waiting to get to the top of the form 4 pile

I love it. Like it more than my Evolution. Even more than my TiRant9. Size does matter, and in silencers, smaller is better.

I totally agree. The Illusion is one of the most underrated pistol cans out there. It's light, slim, and actually facilitates use of most standard sights. I love the way the Osprey 9 sounds, but the Illusion is a better overall take on the eccentric concept, IMO.

Were I in the market for a fourth 9mm can, the Illusion and TiRant 9-S would be the contenders.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Is Robert Silvers still with the company?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Bout time

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm guessing no more "The Skinny" with Mike Mers videos?  I enjoyed those.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Blast shield......blast shield please need something to fit my
9 51tooth muzzle devices
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm guessing no more "The Skinny" with Mike Mers videos?  I enjoyed those.
View Quote

Got fired a couple years ago. So no.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Then maybe you can sell replacement latches for the blast shield.....but not for the suppressors.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Any plans to ever offer a 90t upgrade from the 51t like you did with the 18t to 51t?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Or other 90T options?

I have a SR7 and a few rifles outfitted with 90T mounts.  I'd like either a compact 5.56 can (similar to Mini) or a real effective 5.56 can (similar to M4-2000).  There just isn't enough difference between the SR5 and SR7 when used on 5.56 to justify buying the SR5.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad to see y'all here. I love the performance of my SDN-6 on my AAC 9" 300BLK upper. My latch actually fell off, but you guys fixed it really fast. Good to see things are looking up for ya and I'll be a buyer again when I get my bolt gun finished.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#18]
What about the AAC rebar cutter that was out years back? Anything ever happen with those?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

With the Blastout utilizing the same latch as the 51T silencers it will not be considered as a "silencer only" part and once we get official approval sending out latches could be a possibility. The issue right now is the latch is not user serviceable. We are the only place that can correctly replace the latch...right now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then maybe you can sell replacement latches for the blast shield.....but not for the suppressors.

With the Blastout utilizing the same latch as the 51T silencers it will not be considered as a "silencer only" part and once we get official approval sending out latches could be a possibility. The issue right now is the latch is not user serviceable. We are the only place that can correctly replace the latch...right now.

That would be easy to change to a J-shaped pin with a recess for the J to go into. It would allow just enough pin to stick out so you could grab it but being bent over it would be round so it wouldn't snag anything. Even a roll pin that was long enough to hang out of the end to be grabbed by some pliers.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Is that what this is about?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Just a PSA, AAC customer service amazing. Emailed them pics of my end cap strike, got a response with an RMA email. Ups picks up from your house, and I had mine back to my house in 8 days with a new latch, new end cap and new matte black paint job. Awesome!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
IM please. I am very interested as my M41K is essentially useless as is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance of ever having an upgrade program for older 18T cans to the 51T mount?  I hardly use mine anymore since when the springs wear out I have to send it back in.  It's not your guys' fault I know but it is very annoying.
Funny you should ask this.

I recently laid the coin down for an M16. I have an 18t 762SD and asked AAC if it was full auto rated. They replied that it was not. The next thing I read in the email was interesting to say the least. They informed me that if the can I had was not plug welded, they could upgrade the baffles to Inconel and change out the 18t mount to the 51t mount for $250. It would also be full auto rated. My can is on the way back to them now.

This should be posted somewhere so all of those lonely 18t cans can come out and play.
Could you IM me who you spoke with please?  Last time I asked I was told no so if this is possible now I am quite exited.  Mine is a 2008 model with the dual springs so do you know how to tell if it is plug welded?
IM please. I am very interested as my M41K is essentially useless as is.

Did you guys ever get any info or action  on this ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Real soon boys... Real soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blast shield......blast shield please need something to fit my
9 51tooth muzzle devices

Real soon boys... Real soon.

I meant to quote this in my previous post,  but I guess it's already answered.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks nice and not overly stylized. Is AAC planning on any additional unveils at the show? I'm probably not in the minority on the suppressor forum but when I want to shield myself from muzzle blast I install a suppressor! It seems odd to purchase a muzzle brake to then turn around and purchase a cover for it. I'm grasping for a legitimate reason to purchase this for it's intended function, any help? Will this sell to mostly people without suppressors? Is it a product of goofy laws as the only way to offer non-suppressor suppressor parts?

Also, I'm not knocking AAC as the other major manufacturers also offer these.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is it a product of goofy laws as the only way to offer non-suppressor suppressor parts?.
View Quote

Hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#26]
AAC,

The CZ Scorpion 18x1 threads....

Are you guys entertaining this thread pitch at all ?  Adapters, etc. ?

Considering a 9 or 45 can - really whatever is in stock in NV dealers inventory.

What do you recommend ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you're set on an AAC can, I know a guy that could make you an M18 fixed mount.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The CZ Scorpion 18x1 threads....

Are you guys entertaining this thread pitch at all ?  Adapters, etc. ?

Considering a 9 or 45 can - really whatever is in stock in NV dealers inventory.

What do you recommend ?

If you're set on an AAC can, I know a guy that could make you an M18 fixed mount.

How's about a 5/8x24 9mm TiRant insert?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#30]
just realized you are finally selling the blastout. thank you (finally)

http://www.advanced-armament.com/BlastOut-51T_p_709.html

now make a mini 7 damnit
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What about a more traditional fixed mount that would attach to the tube threads once the ASAP adapter was removed?  That's more along the lines of what I was thinking. These are the mounts my contact made for legacy SWR cans, including one in M18. Obviously change the external threads to be internal to attach to the Ti-Rant tube...but it gives an idea. Wouldn't have to worry about material being too thin in that case.

Not really expecting an AAC endorsement of it, just curious. If anybody wants to give it a shot, let me know and I'll send you the guy's info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry guys in our testing the 9mm ID combined with 5/8x24 OD threading created unsafe conditions on some hosts due to too thin of material along with barrel design. In our opinion its not a good idea.

What about a more traditional fixed mount that would attach to the tube threads once the ASAP adapter was removed?  That's more along the lines of what I was thinking. These are the mounts my contact made for legacy SWR cans, including one in M18. Obviously change the external threads to be internal to attach to the Ti-Rant tube...but it gives an idea. Wouldn't have to worry about material being too thin in that case.

Not really expecting an AAC endorsement of it, just curious. If anybody wants to give it a shot, let me know and I'll send you the guy's info.

I'd be curious - would be nice to have a fixed mount for my evo-9 to fit 18x1. But 1/2-28 to 18x1 adapters are $40....
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Does AAC plan on making the Cyclops ever again?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A 5/8-24 piston? Or a direct thread mount? He can pretty much duplicate anything you send him, or make whatever you can describe & spec out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How's about a 5/8x24 9mm TiRant insert?

A 5/8-24 piston? Or a direct thread mount? He can pretty much duplicate anything you send him, or make whatever you can describe & spec out.

I'm looking for a direct thread mount for my son's single shot H&R Handi-Rifle in 300 AAC Blackout for subsonic use only with my TiRant 9mm suppressor.

Quoted:

That looks like exactly what I had in mind.

AAC, any chance you'd be willing to share the dimensions and thread specs of the ASAP body/insert?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Any eta on the next batch of Mini 4's?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or better yet, the Mini 7s? The demand is overwhelmingly there...
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#40]
My Ti-Rant 45 is not user serviceable. Will AAC "jailbreak" my Ti-Rant 45 for me?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not enough demand for a "mini7"

We get this all the time "you should build this xxx I'd buy one" in all reality if we can't make runs of 1000 we can't justify it. If we did small runs no one would pay the high price. It's a balancing act.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or better yet, the Mini 7s? The demand is overwhelmingly there...

Not enough demand for a "mini7"

We get this all the time "you should build this xxx I'd buy one" in all reality if we can't make runs of 1000 we can't justify it. If we did small runs no one would pay the high price. It's a balancing act.

AAC have you ever experimented with any of your 5.56 cans (SPR/M4, Mini-4, M4-2000, etc.) drilled out to 7.62?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Just finished out my final pre July suppressor purchase to be done, an AAC Mini-4.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
just realized you are finally selling the blastout. thank you (finally)

http://www.advanced-armament.com/BlastOut-51T_p_709.html
View Quote

DAMMIT!
well, I guess we'll find out how fast they ship, I just ordered 2 of these!

The brakeout on my SBR loves my SDN6, but makes an ungodly sound without it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My Ti-Rant 45 is not user serviceable. Will AAC "jailbreak" my Ti-Rant 45 for me?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

So any eta?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So any eta?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So any eta?

This...  I have an M4-2000 that I switch between 10.5", 12.5" and 18" AR's.  I need/want a Mini 4 for the 10.5"
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#50]
I actually got the mini-4 for my standard length ar's.....am I going to want to use this on my mk18?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top