Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 2:54:05 PM EDT
So what's the general hive mind opinion on the ARX 100? I already know that GEN M3 PMAGS will not work. What issues are guys running into with the ARX 100?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Beretta has a ton of potential with this rifle. They need to offer short barrels and 300 blk barrels.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Any issues regarding the ambidextrous case ejection feature?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No issues reported as of yet.

It has not really been out for very long yet though on the civilian side.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where I should dump my money regarding a new firearm. I've narrowed the list down to either a SCAR 17s or ARX 100.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where I should dump my money regarding a new firearm. I've narrowed the list down to either a SCAR 17s or ARX 100.
View Quote

Well, the ARX-100 is not going to be able to shoot .308 so I think that decision will come down to what caliber you want more.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Works as advertised.  Swapped back and forth at the range with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what's the general hive mind opinion on the ARX 100? I already know that GEN M3 PMAGS will not work. What issues are guys running into with the ARX 100?
View Quote
been running mine hard, no problems.  Great gun!!!  The poly on these guns are some of the toughest I've ever seen! My AUG, FS2k, G36conv., Tavor and PS90 all had chewed up plastic from shell casings but after 1000rds not ONE mark on the ARX port buffer. IMO it's a great rifle. The only negatives are the fat BUIS, gen 3 pmags (most of mine are gen 2 anyways) and no 300bo yet.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:46:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm enjoying mine. To date:

1) the stiff bottom mag release, selector and trigger were all solved by a drop of oil and a little working. The trigger is still stiff but there's almost no creep or over travel.
2) All I have is Beretta steel mags, USGI mags and 2nd gen P-mags (windowed and MOE). They all work of course. Surefire 60 can be forced in but I'll stick with "doesn't fit." Seems Lancers, E-mags and other mags without non-standard over travel stops will fit as well. I prefer 30 rounders although 20 round mags will fit, they're just short and don't always drop free.
3) The stock BUIS are junk, too high and don't co-witness with jack. I replaced them with MBUIS, front and rear, which are shorter, nicer and co-witness with my Eotech. I'm good with the cheek well using that set up.
4) My rail lacks the roll pin that prevents flexing. That said accuracy seems the same as any of my ARs with the same ammo. The roll pin is on it's way anyway with an extra mag from Beretta.
5) I've only used Federal xm855 and Radway Green ss109. Of course the xm855 works as it should with the regulator on S. The Radway Green is a `88 lot that is "under powered" it'll short stroke on S but run fine on N. In my ARs it will short stroke sometimes on 20" rifles, fine in 10.5, 14.5 and 16" carbines.
6) all the advertisements work: charging handle switching, quick barrel removal and install, ejection switching, etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I got to finger one at the gunshow today. I must have one. Hopefully one will be in my stable in a month or so.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#11]
so far I'm enjoying mine as well.    regarding the stiff selector, I just flipped the selector back and forth a bunch of times and it smoothed out fine.

shot the ARX last week a bit and it was fine. today, I spent some time trying to sight it in and was doing slow trigger resets til it would click for the reset, but the trigger would not drop the hammer. I would have to apply some forward pressure to the trigger (trigger is already forward and does not move forward) and I could then hear/feel the click from the disconnector releasing and then it would work. If I fired and let my finger fly off the trigger it would reset everytime, it was just when I did a slow reset, that the disconnector would not release..   I fieldstripped the rifle, and with the hammer cocked,when I push down on the hammer, it drags slighly past the disconnector and drags back when I let the hammer back up. by hand, I was only able to get it to catch about every one in 20 tries. when I function check the complete rifle, it never catches, but when slow firing, it would catch 80+% of the time. If it was one of my AR's I'd just drag a file across the back of the hammer's disconnector hook to let it sneak past without dragging.

I can't wait until Geiselle (or Timney) release a trigger for this.    I'll be calling Berreta on Monday to see what they say.

regarding the BUIS, I tossed them, they're too high when folded that my scope won't sit over them.  put on some Magpul BUIS and they let me mount the scope where I want it.  I don't need to have them flipped up when the scope is mounted,   If I had a scope failure, I would just QD release the scope.

I'm waiting on the roll pin as well.  PMC Bronze 223 is underpowered as well and required changing over to N.  once I did that, zero hickups on that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Picked up an ARX 100 one week ago. Went out to do some shooting and I'm impressed. Now I just need a nice sight!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Picked up an ARX 100 one week ago. Went out to do some shooting and I'm impressed. Now I just need a nice sight!
View Quote

Some would say "pics or it didn't happen" but I believe you.

Where did you get it and how much did you pay?

Did it come with the roll pin under the rear end of the rail?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Got mine to where I want it.  Swapped out the too high Beretta sights for Magpul MBUS and the A2 flash hider for an AAC Blackout non-mount and added a Eotech XPS-2.  Didn't really like the sling mounts it has, so went for the Magpul RSAs and MS3 sling.  While it may not do anything for accuracy, the roll pin does help with stabilizing the rear of the rail for mounting a sling.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#15]
What are you all paying?  1750 is what I see.  If cheaper where?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What are you all paying?  1750 is what I see.  If cheaper where?
View Quote

This.  I will be purchasing one in mid October.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Yikes, double tap!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#18]
LGS is selling them for $1535 right now...so tempted at that price
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]
bought one yesterday for 1500.99.
Love the rifle so far, just trying to figure out the best route to go with iron and optics. and still have a good cheek weld.
I mounted a PA mini red dot with no riser and it's great but good luck getting any BUIS to co witness with that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
so far I'm enjoying mine as well.    regarding the stiff selector, I just flipped the selector back and forth a bunch of times and it smoothed out fine.

shot the ARX last week a bit and it was fine. today, I spent some time trying to sight it in and was doing slow trigger resets til it would click for the reset, but the trigger would not drop the hammer. I would have to apply some forward pressure to the trigger (trigger is already forward and does not move forward) and I could then hear/feel the click from the disconnector releasing and then it would work. If I fired and let my finger fly off the trigger it would reset everytime, it was just when I did a slow reset, that the disconnector would not release..   I fieldstripped the rifle, and with the hammer cocked,when I push down on the hammer, it drags slighly past the disconnector and drags back when I let the hammer back up. by hand, I was only able to get it to catch about every one in 20 tries. when I function check the complete rifle, it never catches, but when slow firing, it would catch 80+% of the time. If it was one of my AR's I'd just drag a file across the back of the hammer's disconnector hook to let it sneak past without dragging.

I can't wait until Geiselle (or Timney) release a trigger for this.    I'll be calling Berreta on Monday to see what they say.

regarding the BUIS, I tossed them, they're too high when folded that my scope won't sit over them.  put on some Magpul BUIS and they let me mount the scope where I want it.  I don't need to have them flipped up when the scope is mounted,   If I had a scope failure, I would just QD release the scope.

I'm waiting on the roll pin as well.  PMC Bronze 223 is underpowered as well and required changing over to N.  once I did that, zero hickups on that.
View Quote

talked with Beretta and they said that the rifles ship with a protective coating in the FCG and that if I clean it good and put a drop of oil on the FCG that it should be fine.  I did that and took it out to the range today and it worked perfectly.  put around 100 rounds downrange without any issue except for the fact that the trigger pull on this is crazy.  I sure do need a Gieselle trigger ASAP!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Purchased at LGS for $1649. No roll pin at the end of the rail. Seems like Beretta is playing CYA when they say the rifles were "omitted" the roll pins during the manufacturing process.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Purchased at LGS for $1649. No roll pin at the end of the rail. Seems like Beretta is playing CYA when they say the rifles were "omitted" the roll pins during the manufacturing process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too bad on the price.

I'm not so sure Beretta USA would have added the roll pin if the issue wasn't made public by Larry Vickers.

With the weight of Larry's opinion hanging out there Beretta had to make it look like they were doing something about the wobbly rail issue even though the wobbly rail may not have been a problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#23]
What is this roll pin? My top rail has a lot of play.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

They put a pin through the hole in the receiver dovetail that's under the rear of the rail.  The length of the pin is the width of the rail, so when installed, the bottom of the rail sits on top of the pin.  It not only stabilizes the rail and keeps the rear from rocking, but also pushes the rear of the rail slightly up so it's tight against the underside of the receiver dovetail.  If you go to the Beretta Customer Service Page, you can order the roll pin if yours didn't come with it.  Beretta also includes another steel mag when they send the pin.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They put a pin through the hole in the receiver dovetail that's under the rear of the rail.  The length of the pin is the width of the rail, so when installed, the bottom of the rail sits on top of the pin.  It not only stabilizes the rail and keeps the rear from rocking, but also pushes the rear of the rail slightly up so it's tight against the underside of the receiver dovetail.  If you go to the Beretta Customer Service Page, you can order the roll pin if yours didn't come with it.  Beretta also includes another steel mag when they send the pin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.berettasupport.com/applications/php_arx100
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got to play with one yesterday. Felt really light(although I did not weigh it). I liked it, but just want to put a few down range first.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Just picked up my ARX100 556 (Top) and ARX160 22LR (Bottom) last week. Tested several mags in the ARX100 with 200 rounds of Federal 55gr.
Will report on Mags later once I run them again. In general the Gen2 PMags and Tapco worked great. I have many other mags yet to run.
ARX100 recoil is light and enjoyed shooting. Has an interesting "clang" sound when firing. Different sound than AR buffer spring.
I currently have 3X Vortex Spitfire mounted and really like it for general use.
Will do some accuracy tests later once rifle is broken in with higher power scope and match ammo.
My groupings were about 2" at 50 yards, but I was just testing magazines and not going for accuracy.
My main complaint about the ARX100 is the heavy trigger pull. Need to measure, but others have reported pull is north of 10 Lbs.
I look forward to any trigger upgrades.
Are there any fixes for the trigger at this point?
Anybody know when the various calibers are coming out? One dealer told me that 300 BLK was due in 4-6 Wks.
Put about 50 rounds thru the ARX160 witout any problems. Will test more when time allow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool looking gun I will admit.  We worked with Italian Soldiers when I was out in RC west. Most of them carried the ARX 100. They flat out did not like it. The mag catch would bend and not let the mag fall free from the weapon. Taking it apart for cleaning was a PITA compared to the M4. it shot great. But having to push the mag into the weapon to get it to come out was a major problem IMHO. Field striping it was meh, difficult yes but it could be harder. Worked great in sandy environments but according to them was prone to problems in other environments. The Italian SF used M4's.Just my .02 cents. The sheer size of it compared to the m4 Seemed to make it awkward to carry compared to a regular 14.5 inch m4.
Scott
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#30]
All hype as far as I'm concerned. I'll let you all play with them and spend your money over the next 2 years. If it's worthy I'll pick one up at a much lower cost then. I suspect it will fall by the wayside like so many others....ACR, FN2000, PS90... and on goes the list. Even the SCAR16s are falling out of favor and are no longer 8000 bucks like they were when they first came out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Cool looking gun I will admit.  We worked with Italian Soldiers when I was out in RC west. Most of them carried the ARX 100. They flat out did not like it. The mag catch would bend and not let the mag fall free from the weapon. Taking it apart for cleaning was a PITA compared to the M4. it shot great. But having to push the mag into the weapon to get it to come out was a major problem IMHO. Field striping it was meh, difficult yes but it could be harder. Worked great in sandy environments but according to them was prone to problems in other environments. The Italian SF used M4's.Just my .02 cents. The sheer size of it compared to the m4 Seemed to make it awkward to carry compared to a regular 14.5 inch m4.
Scott
View Quote

Anyone who thinks its a PITA to disassemble hasn't really tried. It's different than stripping an M4, does have an extra step or two, but I can't describe it as even remotely difficult. Fold stock, push plate, pop lower off. Pull bolt, fold charging handle, entire carrier assembly falls out.

As to the size, it is a bit bigger, but not massively so. And it's much lighter. Can't speak to the mag catch as I have not beat my rifle up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I can't wait to get my hands on one. For now, my 160 is providing a ton of fun at the range.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All hype as far as I'm concerned. I'll let you all play with them and spend your money over the next 2 years. If it's worthy I'll pick one up at a much lower cost then. I suspect it will fall by the wayside like so many others....ACR, FN2000, PS90... and on goes the list. Even the SCAR16s are falling out of favor and are no longer 8000 bucks like they were when they first came out.
View Quote

Um, it hit the street at like $1400-1600, well under MSRP.

As for falling by the wayside, the ARX has the advantage of actually being the issued weapon of a major national military. None of those others can say that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

As for falling by the wayside, the ARX has the advantage of actually being the issued weapon of a major national military. None of those others can say that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The price of 1400 doesn't mean that it wont be selling for 800 in another year or 2

So, you are telling me that all the weapons issued to a "major national military" were good weapons? Guess you never heard of the Chauchat. Or maybe the M16 when it first came out.

Like I said I'll wait for you to get the first generation model. Then after 3 or 4 modifications if it is a decent weapon I'll buy one for much less.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The price of 1400 doesn't mean that it wont be selling for 800 in another year or 2

So, you are telling me that all the weapons issued to a "major national military" were good weapons? Guess you never heard of the Chauchat. Or maybe the M16 when it first came out.

Like I said I'll wait for you to get the first generation model. Then after 3 or 4 modifications if it is a decent weapon I'll buy one for much less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree with your decision on wanting to wait but the ARX-100 is based on the ARX-160A3. The rifle is already 3 generations in development.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't disagree with your decision on wanting to wait but the ARX-100 is based on the ARX-160A3. The rifle is already 3 generations in development.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Saying some SCARs sold for  8000 on Gunbroker when they were first out and in short supply doesn't mean anything.  That price was many times the MSRP and a temporary aberration.  SCARs soon dropped to MSRP or less, but not that much less.  The ARX 100 has a MSRP of $1900, but is already available for less.  It may drop a little more but I don't see a new one going for much under about $1400 in a year, and not ever down to $800.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#38]
I recently got the ARX-160.  Very innovative design.  Field strips for cleaning with no tools, just like it's big brother, the ARX-100.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Saying some SCARs sold for  8000 on Gunbroker when they were first out and in short supply doesn't mean anything.  That price was many times the MSRP and a temporary aberration.  SCARs soon dropped to MSRP or less, but not that much less.  The ARX 100 has a MSRP of $1900, but is already available for less.  It may drop a little more but I don't see a new one going for much under about $1400 in a year, and not ever down to $800.
View Quote

I got my ARX-100 for $1399 in June. I think prices like that will become far more common as the shiny new luster of the gun wears off and sales slow. Plus just looking for good deals and waiting will let people get it at around that price. $800 pretty much is a pipe dream, but I would buy 2 more at that price if it happened.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

...the ARX-100 is based on the ARX-160A3. The rifle is already 3 generations in development.
View Quote

More like ver2.2 , considering it doesn't have the A3 HG.  One review indicated an improved stock with adj. cheekpiece is also in the works.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

More like ver2.2 , considering it doesn't have the A3 HG.  One review indicated an improved stock with adj. cheekpiece is also in the works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...the ARX-100 is based on the ARX-160A3. The rifle is already 3 generations in development.

In the big thread on the ARX-100, forum member Bullet_ said the current ARX is more like a ver2.1, I would say it is more like a ver2.8 or a ver3 minus 2...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I can't get over how ugly and bulky that gun is and can't see what it offers over every other 5.56 modern semi-auto on the market.

Also, I understand the ARX-160 has performed straight up terribly in international competitions.

This review was very interesting too
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/17/gun-review-beretta-arx-100-review/
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Also, I understand the ARX-160 has performed straight up terribly in international competitions.
View Quote

Is there anywhere I can find this info?

I'm usually able to find the newest ARX articles, news and reviews soon after they come out and I have been following this rifle for quite a while and have seen nothing of the sort.

Not saying that you're wrong, just that I have not seen anything like that yet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm usually able to find the newest ARX articles, news and reviews soon after they come out and I have been following this rifle for quite a while and have seen nothing of the sort.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By competitions I'm referring to government/agency acquisition competitions. So no, not really publicly. Typically the specifics of that type of stuff stays quiet.

I have some friends who have been involved in those competitions and they've had the opportunity to fire rifles from manufacturers all over the world.

I really hope the generational improvements of the ARX series hold true for US consumers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

By competitions I'm referring to government/agency acquisition competitions. So no, not really publicly. Typically the specifics of that type of stuff stays quiet.

I have some friends who have been involved in those competitions and they've had the opportunity to fire rifles from manufacturers all over the world.

I really hope the generational improvements of the ARX series hold true for US consumers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if it stays quiet, where does your information come from?  Your friends? Aren't the results of these competitions generally published?

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Aren't the results of these competitions generally published?
View Quote

Not necessarily.

Supposedly the ARX-160 was part of the US Individual Carbine Competition and nobody has seen or heard much of anything come out of that...

I'm starting to think it never happened.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Any word from any third party trigger manufacturers for a aftermarket trigger?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do the same thing with women.  

Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top