Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 1:11:17 PM EDT
Hey folks, the pads on my ACH helmet are falling apart, and I'm looking to improve stability with night vision mounted to it. Does anyone have experience with the Revision pad/chin strap combo?

https://tnvc.com/shop/revision-ach-modular-suspension-system-mss/

In particular, I'm wondering if anyone is able to wear ear muffs while wearing it. My ear muffs are quite thin and physically fit under the helmet.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Ear muffs... we always wore ear pulgs, the ones you can fliip around that have a small hole in a shaft leading to one end of the plug, it takes the edge off but allows you to still hear people and radio traffic. I always wore one flipped to the side with the hole in my right ear and the closed side in my left since I'm a right handed shooter.

http://www.cabelas.com/ carries them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The Army used head harnesses for a very, very, very long time.  They ditched them.  Clue.

New set of Oregon Aero or GI pads and you can reconfigure for your head band.

Looks like the Revision can't decide if it wants to be a Gentex harness or a pad system.  Either way it looks like it'll make your head sweat and you'll have to do a lot of monkeying to accommodate your muffs band.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Air Force EOD is issuing the Revision helmets. They're still pretty new, so I haven't tried to put earmuffs under them yet.

They're really comfortable though and breath well.

I'll try to dig my muffs out and throw my helmet on to see how it fits.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Air Force EOD is issuing the Revision helmets. They're still pretty new, so I haven't tried to put earmuffs under them yet.

They're really comfortable though and breath well.

I'll try to dig my muffs out and throw my helmet on to see how it fits.

View Quote
Let me know. The main reason I'm interested is because of the dial thing on the back. My thought is that you can loose in or tighten it to make the ear pro more comfortable. I also like showing off night vision to my friends, and I usually keep the straps uncomfortably tight to keep the helmet from pitching forward. It would be nice to be able to tighten or loosen it so others could more comfortably try the helmet. I might be willing to sacrifice ear muffs for added air flow.

What I was considering getting until recent revelations was a new set of oem pads on ebay and a Team Hillary cam fit chin strap. I suppose I might still do that if the revision option doesn't pan out, but I don't really want to buy stuff from Team Hillary if I can help it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top