Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2016 6:45:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Compared to standard pads, do these require you to use a larger size shell or not?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
How does the outer material feel on your head? Some of them memory foam things feel cold and wet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Will this work with ops core Lux liner foam
insert and a worm dial?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Clasky:

The impact layer of the Lux will probably make things a bit tight.  You'd want to pull the whole liner out.  But honestly, the LUX pads are pretty plush and the only thing that comes close to the comfort of the Zero G.  Unless you remove the whole impact layer, I'd say to stay with Lux in your helmet.  It's really comfy as is.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
insert and a worm dial?

The impact layer of the Lux will probably make things a bit tight.  You'd want to pull the whole liner out.  But honestly, the LUX pads are pretty plush and the only thing that comes close to the comfort of the Zero G.  Unless you remove the whole impact layer, I'd say to stay with Lux in your helmet.  It's really comfy as is.

If I was to upgrade to the zero g pads, can the worm dial be installed with the zero g pads and no impact liner?  I know the back part of the worm dial harness has hook/loop attachments which go in the impact layer which is why I ask.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#9]
Hmm.  I'd probably say it would not work with the worm dial since the front of it has to hook into the impact liner keyholes.

View All Quotes
insert and a worm dial?

If I was to upgrade to the zero g pads, can the worm dial be installed with the zero g pads and no impact liner?  I know the back part of the worm dial harness has hook/loop attachments which go in the impact layer which is why I ask.
Hmm.  I'd probably say it would not work with the worm dial since the front of it has to hook into the impact liner keyholes.

But so does the factory ops core OC dial.  I guess the only way I could get this padding setup is if I just went back to my old OC dial it seems.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope, same size helmet shell.  The kit comes with a mixture of 3/4 and 1" pads.  But they are so cushy, that they conform to your head regardless, without any hotspots.  I wear a Large helmet.  With the Zero G kit, the helmet is as stable and fits the same as with regular standard issue pads.  I cannot fit my head in a medium helmet with standard issue pads.  I replaced the medium helmet pads with the Zero G and was able to fit in it.  Obviously it feels tighter because I wear a large.  But, I could fit in the medium and run it for a short while.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Apec:
Compared to standard pads, do these require you to use a larger size shell or not?
Nope, same size helmet shell.  The kit comes with a mixture of 3/4 and 1" pads.  But they are so cushy, that they conform to your head regardless, without any hotspots.  I wear a Large helmet.  With the Zero G kit, the helmet is as stable and fits the same as with regular standard issue pads.  I cannot fit my head in a medium helmet with standard issue pads.  I replaced the medium helmet pads with the Zero G and was able to fit in it.  Obviously it feels tighter because I wear a large.  But, I could fit in the medium and run it for a short while.

Good to know, thanks. I was disappointed with the OEM pads that came with my Airframe.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Any update in lux liner version?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top