Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 9:31:15 PM EDT
Been looking at a birthday gift..I have been using the anpvs14 for years in the military. Is there anything else out there for the price?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Been looking at a birthday gift..I have been using the anpvs14 for years in the military. Is there anything else out there for the price?
View Quote

since you are a vet I would take a hard look at nightlong industries. The owner is VERY vet friendly (as in he will give you a nice veterans discount), and he will be able to supply you with whatever fits your budget.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out NightVision2go. Rich is good people and will take care of you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think for under 3g's THIS is still a great deal and with our 5 year warranty. You may also want to mark your calender for July 1st!   Thank you.

PS we're mostly Vets here and also give Mil and LE discounts and always have.

Vic
View Quote

Any details posted on the sale?! Been waiting since I missed last one :/
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Speaking as a user who broke into NVG a couple of years ago, I'll tell you what worked for me.  Call the folks at TNVC first.  Not only do they give great advise before the deal, they have stood the test of time to make the warranty mean something.  They have stepped up for me with the gear suppliers gaining me service I don't think I would have gotten on my own.  Their build up systems are easily the best value with NO risk to you as they walk the walk afterwards to make sure it does what you need it to do.  I've never been uphold on features I didn't want and often learned enough from them to make personal needs meet gear.  Partnered with Telkuric, TNVC offers training on how to effectively use your new tech.  

Just hit them up by phone or email.  I've bee a veery happy customer over the years and have voted with my wallet when I need more.

Enjoy the gear brother!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
<snip some real truth>
Just hit them up by phone or email.  I've bee a very happy customer over the years and have voted with my wallet when I need more.
Enjoy the gear brother!
View Quote

Fadedsun, when I saw your question I was fixin' to chime in with an eloquent, thought-provoking recommendation to ring up TNVC but it looks like TDunn stole my thunder as "there is iron in (his) words...".  

As for your specific question, "I have been using the anpvs14 for years in the military. Is there anything else out there for the price?"  I'd say probably not. 14's are hard to beat for versatility, clarity and durability (within reason). Now if you wanted to step up to duals or IR then we talkin' re-e-e-e-e-ly good s--t but those are out of my $$ range for now.

I will add that I have been doing business with that crew for eight or nine years (holy shite does time fly!) and never been disappointed by the combined wisdom and never embarrassed after having recommended them to friends. Take note of what Warren Buffet said, "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."

Good luck in your search, brother and Happy Birthday ... just in case you're shopping for yourself.

RD

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have only purchased a few things from TNVC, however....

They have always ben super responsive to any question or request, and their reputation is unmatched.

Plus, their warranty cannot be beat (and you know they will be around to support it)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
What would y'all's recommendation be. Go with the blem or the omni that's on sale for July? Vic? Advice?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have purchased things from TNVC. No complaints at all, except that the moment I decide to pull the trigger on purchases is always the first day of Shot Show and I have to wait.
I can't blame them for that because it's MY bad timing and ALL the stocking vendors are at Shot too.

What I do wish to say for TNVC is that for weeks prior to any consequential purchase I have made, I have had at least 3 or 4 long phone conversations and exchanged a half dozen emails with a TNVC person, just to make sure I am getting the right stuff. Even at minimum wage that would have cost the company a couple hundred bucks. You can deduct that couple hundred bucks right off their profit margin and place it squarely in the Benefit Column for yourself..
By which I mean: Customer Service costs MONEY. The money they spend to take care of YOU ought not be overlooked. You should figure you already spent THEIR money getting yourself on the right track, and mentally deduct that from the purchase price you paid for the item.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think for under 3g's THIS is still a great deal and with our 5 year warranty. You may also want to mark your calender for July 1st!   Thank you.

PS we're mostly Vets here and also give Mil and LE discounts and always have.

Vic
View Quote

So who do we contact to take advantage of the Mil/LE discount?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the responses yall. Been wanting my own pvs14..thanks for all the responses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top