BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

No, all Peltors have the same mounting system AFAIK.

Those are the $125 6S Peltors. Adapters were $65ish.

I got the Peltors in the EE for ~$50 and the adapters direct from TW. Trying to decide if I want to spend the $50 to upgrade the ear cups to gel or save that $ toward a Silynx setup.

https://www.silynxcom.com/store/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:
Bro... Good point. Are the 3M Peltor Comtac Hearing Defenders ($250-ish) the least-expensive option for running the Team Wendy (or any other brand) headset adapters? I'm not asking about jerry-rigging some Howard Leight Sports, but the jump from $50 to $250 to have compatible ear pro seems a bit steep.

I got the Peltors in the EE for ~$50 and the adapters direct from TW. Trying to decide if I want to spend the $50 to upgrade the ear cups to gel or save that $ toward a Silynx setup.

If you value your heaving for the long haul, I recommend staying away from any type of ear "plug" and sticking with quality muffs (unless you are going to wear muffs over top of plugs). Bone conduction hearing loss is a bitch...
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Don't know a ton about NODS, but for now, the AN/PVS-7 seems fairly reasonable in terms of my entry ticket into night vision. And being a biocular, I'm guessing it's less headache-inducing than a monocular?
View All Quotes

Don't know a ton about NODS, but for now, the AN/PVS-7 seems fairly reasonable in terms of my entry ticket into night vision. And being a biocular, I'm guessing it's less headache-inducing than a monocular?

I wouldn't trade depth perception for "head ache" until you know if you are susceptible. I don't get headaches from a monocular and there are many more pros/cons to each setup than you might be considering.

Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:Also, is it dorky to be running a bump helmet with a mount and no NODS when I go shooting? Because that will be my reality for a long time.

Not as dorky as spending money on a strobe before you got NVG's. But wearing either to a public range is waaaayyyyyy more mall ninja than the meter can read...
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice Mod0!
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Trying to decide if I should keep rocking the airframe or switch to a opscore maritime
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cschelk2:
<a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/user/bumpinblaze4x4/media/20160515_140604_zpssctklwkr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/20160515_140604_zpssctklwkr.jpg</a>
View Quote

Battlecomp is no longer the most expensive flash hider?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Upgraded from one Pitbull to a dual setup. Just waiting on the counterweight.

I'm going to save up for the Sentinel housing and move these tubes and optics eventually.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I know i've got quite a bit of shit on it but at this point it does all serve a purpose (aside from various patches, lol).  

I'm a veterinarian, hence the canine patches and the "DOC" call sign.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freefalling1981] [#13]

All I had on hand was this terminator skull haha.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#14]

Photos aren't working for me

Edit: When I click on the links in my post I can see them, but not in your post.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Concluded a two day night training course.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Freefalling1981:
http://i67.tinypic.com/2dgq1y0.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2nktj4w.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=opbodi&s=9

All I had on hand was this terminator skull haha.
View Quote

Lookin' good!
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 5:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZMAN42] [#17]

View All Quotes

I know i've got quite a bit of shit on it but at this point it does all serve a purpose (aside from various patches, lol).  

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/1464037065148553573802_zpshndzxk2n.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/1464037092111798473447_zps710diqth.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/1464037114963-435363421_zpsjqljco7k.jpg

Are this Peltor 6s's I thought about getting some, How do you like them?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AZMAN42:

View All Quotes

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/1464037065148553573802_zpshndzxk2n.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/1464037092111798473447_zps710diqth.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/1464037114963-435363421_zpsjqljco7k.jpg

No, they are the Peltor Tac100s.  No complaints from me.  I dont run comms so they function great for the price.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Freedom_Or_DEATH:

If you value your heaving for the long haul, I recommend staying away from any type of ear "plug" and sticking with quality muffs (unless you are going to wear muffs over top of plugs). Bone conduction hearing loss is a bitch...
View All Quotes
Bro... Good point. Are the 3M Peltor Comtac Hearing Defenders ($250-ish) the least-expensive option for running the Team Wendy (or any other brand) headset adapters? I'm not asking about jerry-rigging some Howard Leight Sports, but the jump from $50 to $250 to have compatible ear pro seems a bit steep.

I has cans.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#21]

No, they are the Peltor Tac100s.  No complaints from me.  I dont run comms so they function great for the price.
View All Quotes

I HATED mine, sent 2 pairs back.The digital audio and comm cable is great, but the clamping delay was HORRENDOUS. The Tactical Sports are wayyyyy better in my opinion, even though they use a proprietary comm cables thats $20...
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:27:40 AM EDT
[#22]

I has cans.
View All Quotes

I has cans.

Me too, but lots of my team mates and buddies dont, plus I dont really consider super sonic ammo truly "hearing safe"...to each their own! =)
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

lol wat??
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Me too, but lots of my team mates and buddies dont, plus I dont really consider super sonic ammo truly "hearing safe"...to each their own! =)
View All Quotes

I has cans.

24 dB reduction by Silynx would make it hearing safe.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

If everyone in your vicinity is equally equipped and there is no risk of higher order noise sources....
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#27]

If everyone in your vicinity is equally equipped and there is no risk of higher order noise sources....
View All Quotes

The people I will be hunting with will all have cans. I don't hang out with Phillistines.

Not sure what "higher order noise sources" I should be worried about while hunting.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Wow. You really like using big words that are total nonsense.

Ear pro works. Plugs are still the number 1 way to reduce dB levels at the ear drum if you can only wear one layer of protection. Muffs are good but don't have the density to beat a set of foamies in sound reduction.

Bone conduction hearing loss, high order noise sources... lol
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#29]
MOAR NIGHTVISON.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#30]
First setup.

And oh my have things changed!

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Upgraded my earpro finally.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:41:47 AM EDT
[#32]

The people I will be hunting with will all have cans. I don't hang out with Phillistines.

Not sure what "higher order noise sources" I should be worried about while hunting.
View All Quotes

I wasnt aware we were only talking about "hunting" much less only foes with "hooves". I was commenting in general as judging by some of the setups here, I thought we had more that a few 2 legged hunters. The bone structures behind your ears can conduct a large portion of noise to sensitive parts of the inner ears. Some high tech gadgets for the hearing impaired actually use this effect to help people hear. Ear muffs help a lot to dampen this, ear plugs do nothing. Im not an Otologist, but I have stayed at a few holiday Inn Expresses...
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#33]

All dat deployment money doh
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#34]

I wasnt aware we were only talking about "hunting" much less only foes with "hooves". I was commenting in general as judging by some of the setups here, I thought we had more that a few 2 legged hunters. The bone structures behind your ears can conduct a large portion of noise to sensitive parts of the inner ears. Some high tech gadgets for the hearing impaired actually use this effect to help people hear. Ear muffs help a lot to dampen this, ear plugs do nothing. Im not an Otologist, but I have stayed at a few holiday Inn Expresses...
View All Quotes

Cochlear implants do in fact transmit sound through the skull. But they can only do it by being in contact with the skull. Hearing loss is caused by high impulse sound waves impacting on the curvature of the cochlea and destroying the cilia there. That can't be accomplished through Bone due to one, the fact that sound is evenly distributed and two, the sound waves are weakened significantly due to density. So for a gunshot to deafen you through Bone conduction, the muzzle would have to in contact with your skull, and loss of hearing isn't the only side effect of doing that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By cone256:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cone256:

Tax free deployments are best deployments.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

If I'm hunting 2 legged critters, shit will have gone so sideways that hearing loss will be the very least of my worries.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#37]
Can anyone with a team Wendy offer any advice on this.  My head size/hat size is right on the border between the m/l or l/xl.   I'm thinking go l/xl but don't want to have a giant helmet for no reason either.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:25:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#39]
Originally Posted By TNVC:

Get the next larger size just in case you ever want to wear a beanie underneath etc.  It also has the fit dial on the rear so you will be ok. Hope this helps.

Vic
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
Can anyone with a team Wendy offer any advice on this.  My head size/hat size is right on the border between the m/l or l/xl.   I'm thinking go l/xl but don't want to have a giant helmet for no reason either.

Get the next larger size just in case you ever want to wear a beanie underneath etc.  It also has the fit dial on the rear so you will be ok. Hope this helps.

Vic

Thanks Vic, didn't think about the beanie angle.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:47:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#40]

View All Quotes

Vic

Exactly what Vic said. I was in the exact same boat at you and went with the larger size. The Boa dial on the back will lock it down really tight. It's stable enough that a lot of the time I don't even latch the chin strap.

Edit: picture thread
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#41]
Quick shout out to Vic and TNVC for the great deal on my Team Wendy Exfil LTP. I love this thing. Even if it makes me a mall ninja . Hope to add a Wilcox L4 G24 mount in FDE and NVG in the near future.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 1:55:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IronBalaclava] [#42]
Ops-Core FAST XP Ballistic and a Gentex MICH:

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:08:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Exactly what Vic said. I was in the exact same boat at you and went with the larger size. The Boa dial on the back will lock it down really tight. It's stable enough that a lot of the time I don't even latch the chin strap.

<a href="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/sbye/media/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_32031-20160531_200406-1-1174155104_zpsevdjpzez.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/sbye/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_32031-20160531_200406-1-1174155104_zpsevdjpzez.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Vic

<a href="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/sbye/media/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_32031-20160531_200406-1-1174155104_zpsevdjpzez.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q576/sbye/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_32031-20160531_200406-1-1174155104_zpsevdjpzez.jpg</a>

Forgot to reply, thanks for the info!

Of course after I order all the team Wendy stuff blew up
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:52:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#44]

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BrWn001COW:

http://i67.tinypic.com/t6axj5.jpg

View Quote

Damn, I need an Airframe. Nice helmet!
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BrWn001COW:

http://i67.tinypic.com/t6axj5.jpg

thank you Sir.

trying to raise some funds to finish her up, it will be a while tho lol
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:16:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#47]
My Ops Core Carbon-Maritime cut conversion:

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#48]

I have had this Mtek for about 6 months and absolutely love it its one of the most comfortable helmets I have ran around in. The fit and feel is a little different form other helmets but it fits really well.

I have been running NVBS-15s's off and on for quite some time. I like them, they are a little on the heavy side but they get the job done.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I have had this Mtek for about 6 months and absolutely love it its one of the most comfortable helmets I have ran around in. The fit and feel is a little different form other helmets but it fits really well.

I have been running NVBS-15s's off and on for quite some time. I like them, they are a little on the heavy side but they get the job done.

http://i.imgur.com/V71gWyxl.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/g08KiRHl.png        
View Quote

Heavy side, like the lightest weight bino there is
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
My Ops Core Carbon-Maritime cut conversion:

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/EB6C0DE4-8DC3-41BC-876B-9B913985CB1D_zpsl4kjraum.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/EB6C0DE4-8DC3-41BC-876B-9B913985CB1D_zpsl4kjraum.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/28F52911-5E41-4BA0-AE5F-E7C9A588997D_zpshroarhog.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/28F52911-5E41-4BA0-AE5F-E7C9A588997D_zpshroarhog.jpg</a>
View Quote

dammmmmn - you did great. looks factory
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top