Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
How particular are they about the fingerprints? I'm working on printing my own, and I'm getting OK but not perfect results.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
How particular are they about the fingerprints? I'm working on printing my own, and I'm getting OK but not perfect results.
View Quote
They don't seem to be overly picky about them. I've had one approved on DIY prints done with a Lee inkless pad. They were kind of grey and indistinct, IMO, but ATF accepted them with no problem. FWIW, even those sketchy DIY prints looked better to me than the ones I had the local PD do when I was just getting into NFA. I've since upgraded to a Sirchie pad, and the most recent set of prints came out great.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Form 1 in draft state and when I look at the Responsible Persons 5320.23s and the photos that I have uploaded both show the file size as 0 bytes. All of the legal entity documents that i have uploaded show the correct number of bytes.

I deleted the draft and started another one with the same results.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NoEcm:
I have a Form 1 in draft state and when I look at the Responsible Persons 5320.23s and the photos that I have uploaded both show the file size as 0 bytes. All of the legal entity documents that i have uploaded show the correct number of bytes.

I deleted the draft and started another one with the same results.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
View Quote
Update. "Ask The Expert" suggested that I should try to open the 0 byte attachments in my Form 1 and guess what, they opened up. So this must be a bug or something.

I went ahead and submitted the Form 1 and proceeded to submit another 2 Form 1's that showed the same issue, 0 byte 5320.23s and photos but all opened properly.

"Ask The Expert" also said that if there were any issues with the 0 bye attachments they would email me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it going to be an issue my Trust Inventory page did not list my lower serial number in my efile?  I was going to wait to add after approval.  The Capital Armory video mentioned nothing of trueing up the inventory form with the Trust prior to submitting the efile
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Shouldn’t be an issue. I stress shouldn't over won’t. You never know what nonexistent rule will get enforced each day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Is it going to be an issue my Trust Inventory page did not list my lower serial number in my efile?  I was going to wait to add after approval.  The Capital Armory video mentioned nothing of trueing up the inventory form with the Trust prior to submitting the efile
Shouldn’t be an issue. I stress shouldn't over won’t. You never know what nonexistent rule will get enforced each day.
Thanks, Waylon.  Recent posts in the efile tracking tacked thread indicates my 1/12/20 filing should have a result soon (30'ish days seems to be a rough avg now).  I'll either update there (favorable) or a new "why denied?" in a new thread
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
For subsequent efilings do I have to keep uploading my trust forms each time?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:57:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#10]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Depends on a couple things:

1. Have you had a Form 1/4 approved in the previous 24 months?
2. Have there been any changes to your trust since the previous submission?

If the answers are “Yes” and “No”, you can file a certification that nothing has changed instead. Discussed earlier today, here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/E-File-again-with-amendment-/17-507906/
View Quote
Thanks, totally missed that and forgot about the 24 month rule. Last F1 was approved last month, so I should be good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Try this.

1. Create a blank .doc file
2. Upload blank file
3. Upload trust
4. Delete blank file
View Quote
Can't seem to get this to work. I've uploaded a few different random files no problem, it just won't take the trust. It's a 1.24MB pdf. Any ideas? I logged out and back in.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#15]

I’ve never had uploading issues other than the one time that the above solution fixed...assuming the file size was <3MB.

Maybe somebody else will have suggestions.
View Quote
Just logged in after the site being down today for regular maintenance. This time the document upload section was a little different. There's now a drop down to choose the type of document, and the field to manually enter the description. I still had to do the blank doc trick, but it took the trust I was trying to upload yesterday.
Now we wait.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 10:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tigers1363] [#16]
When scanning in the responsible party form, should I scan in the CLEO pages as well?  And/or instructions?  IE can I just scan in pages 1 & 2?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TommyCallahan] [#18]
Do I need to submit my eForm and pay before mailing a copy of the form pages to my CLEO?  I mail them the first two pages?

I cannot remember the order of events as my Form 4 silencer was on paper.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TommyCallahan] [#20]

You’ll get a cover sheet to send in with the prints when you submit the form online. I’ll be part of the email you’ll get with a copy of the Form 1. That’s also when you’ll have the filled out CLEO copy to send mail off.

I’m assuming you mention they’ll send cards for free as an FYI (which most everybody knows), and not assuming they automatically send them to you upon submission?
View Quote

Okay, so I notify the CLEO when all is said and done, from my end, with the ATF.

And yes, good clarification.  You can request the FD-258 on the ATF website and they will mail them to you, no charge, to take to your fingerprint provider.  When I did my Form 4 the local fingerprint lady (smalltown Alaska) provided the cards.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you have to sign the FD-258's when mailing them in?  I did not sign mine
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#23]

You’ll get a cover sheet to send in with the prints when you submit the form online. I’ll be part of the email you’ll get with a copy of the Form 1. That’s also when you’ll have the filled out CLEO copy to send mail off.

I’m assuming you mention they’ll send cards for free as an FYI (which most everybody knows), and not assuming they automatically send them to you upon submission?
View Quote

I got no cover sheet, just a copy of the Form 1 with DRAFT watermark all over it.

Print this and send it with prints to Atlanta?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I want to SBS a pre 68 shotgun with no serial number. How should I approach that for the serial # spots on the forms?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Did you roll them yourself and not sign them? Or did you have them done somewhere else and that person signed them?

If they were done somewhere else, the person that takes them should’ve signed...and you don’t also need to sign.

If there’s no signature at all, not sure if it’ll matter or not. Don’t recall anybody reporting it one way or the other.
View Quote

I went somewhere and had them done.  The lady that took the prints signed them.  I also noticed yesterday that the ORI info has the Ohio BCI filled in.

I also got a copy of prints from silencer shop and the prints that silencer shop sent me had my signature on it from when I did a form can a few months ago, that is when I noticed the signature and was curious about it.

I will update the thread to once I get approved or not.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:19:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnSmith6073] [#28]

No.

Did you actually pay, then submit and have it go to Submitted/In Process?

Did you get a confirmation email for payment, and another one for submission?

Where did you get the DRAFT watermark copy?
View Quote

Yeah, I got a receipt from pay.gov email then an email from [email protected] with a draft attachment (pdf of Form 1), status is pending research.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Ok, the Pending Research status is the issue. You most likely got that because you checked the box and supplied a model or caliber that wasn’t in the dropdown. They’ll clear that in 24-72 hours (usually) and you’ll get another email when it goes into Submitted/In Process. That email will have a new copy of the F1 and the cover sheet.

I did think the first one would’ve had a copy of the cover sheet, but without the proper bar code. But that was just going by what others reported.
View Quote

Thank you.

I used "Ti" which was in the drop down menu (along with some hilarious other stuff) but could not get the exclamation icon to go away. At any rate I'll give it a few days, thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
View Quote

Is the inventory page part of the trust itself? Or is it a separate document?

I have a SS trust and will be doing my first eform 1 in the near future. At this point, all my NFA items are still pending form 4s...so I don’t have anything on the inventory sheet yet but In the future do I need to submit the inventory page with the trust with a current list of items stamps have been returned on?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#33]

I think you'll have to assign one and get it engraved, like you would with an 80% lower.

But maybe somebody else knows for sure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tigers1363:
I want to SBS a pre 68 shotgun with no serial number. How should I approach that for the serial # spots on the forms?

I think you'll have to assign one and get it engraved, like you would with an 80% lower.

But maybe somebody else knows for sure.
@Tigers1363

Exactly what BigWaylon wrote. Make up a serial number for your boom stick. Allowable character set is upper case letters, numerals 0-9, and hyphens. Get that engraved when you get your maker info engraved. Maker info can be in any of several places. SN must be on the receiver.

Being the anal-retentive sort that I am, I wrote ATF a note explaining what I'd done. Looked like this:

National Firearms Act Branch244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405

Re: Assignment of serial number to unserialized firearm

To Whom It May Concern:

This Stevens Model 311A shotgun has no factory serial number. It was
manufactured in 1964, and thus pre-dates the serial number marking
requirements of the Gun Control Act of 1968. I have assigned a unique serial
number of SPROCKET-001 to this weapon for purposes of registration under the
National Firearms Act.

(I also included a photo of the manufacturer's date code on receiver)

Sincerely;

Sprocket99

Overkill? Probably. But it sailed right through without a hiccup.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#34]
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By d1b3:

I went somewhere and had them done.  The lady that took the prints signed them.  I also noticed yesterday that the ORI info has the Ohio BCI filled in.

I also got a copy of prints from silencer shop and the prints that silencer shop sent me had my signature on it from when I did a form can a few months ago, that is when I noticed the signature and was curious about it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By d1b3:

Did you roll them yourself and not sign them? Or did you have them done somewhere else and that person signed them?

If they were done somewhere else, the person that takes them should’ve signed...and you don’t also need to sign.

If there’s no signature at all, not sure if it’ll matter or not. Don’t recall anybody reporting it one way or the other.

It was approved today without my signature on the fd-258 and the incorrect ORI info.  Thanks again for this thread as it helped me out big time
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 3:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drscws] [#36]
Submitted two form 1 for SBR ETA: Filed as Individual

4 total Fingerprint cards ( 2 for each cover letter) or will 2 Fingerprint cards suffice?

Will be mailed in same envelope.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Two cards total should be fine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drscws:
Submitted two form 1 for SBR ETA: Filed as Individual

4 total Fingerprint cards ( 2 for each cover letter) or will 2 Fingerprint cards suffice?

Will be mailed in same envelope.

Two cards total should be fine.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#39]
My picture uploaded sideways and somewhat distorted looking.  I guess I’ll find out if it works.  Thanks for the write up, helped me out on a couple stumble points for my first form 1
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By kersty52:
My picture uploaded sideways and somewhat distorted looking.  I guess I'll find out if it works.  Thanks for the write up, helped me out on a couple stumble points for my first form 1
View Quote
Same with mine. No issues with it. 3 week approval.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 12:57:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brandon_] [#41]
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Try this.

2. Upload blank file
3. Upload trust
4. Delete blank file
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ElCoyote:
So I'm filling out e file for a form 1 for a SBR and everything is going fine until trust uploading and it just quits after about 30 seconds and looks like nothing happened, PDF 2.1 MB with a MAC. Anyone have a clue?

Try this.

2. Upload blank file
3. Upload trust
4. Delete blank file

1001 Thank You's!!!

It had to be a .doc, not a .docx... but it worked
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:56:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brandon_] [#44]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amos1909] [#45]
We (wife and I) are trying to complete a Form 1 using Family Trust and are on the Responsible Persons section.  The RPQ was changed from jpeg to pdf using SodaPDF and it is too large of a file (4 mb).  Do we need to upload both pages?  How do I get the scanned images into pdf that is a small enough file?

We did try to compress the pdf and it went from 5078 to 5068 mb.

Thank you!

@BigWaylon
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I think you break it up into multiple pages & multiple uploads, if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#47]
i filled out my first form 1 for an sbr which is processing. whats the deal with the cover letter, does atf send me one or email me one? when do i send my prints in?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By :
I think you break it up into multiple pages & multiple uploads, if I'm not mistaken.
View Quote
It is saying that a single page (3.68) is to large.   It also will not allow us to do multiple uploads on the RPQ page.  My wife is the computer savvy one in the home and she finally just quit.  

Don't know what we are doing wrong.

Thanks backbencher
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top