Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2020 9:36:57 PM EDT
Can anyone give me a hand on this. I haven't taxed an item in a while and want to SBR another lower pretty soon. I've used my trust before and had several family members on it. The last time I SBR'd a lower (Roughly 12 months ago), when I e-filed, I sent in an amendment form to remove everyone but me. It was approved that way no issues.

Now, I'm thinking about just using Silencer Shops Single Shot trust and going that route. Is it worth going that route or just E-file again using my original trust? Do I need to re-send that amendment?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You will need to decide how you apply for yourself.  If you apply using your current gun trust, you will need to submit a copy of your notarized, signed and dated gun trust and a copy of any executed amendments when you apply for your tax stamp.  Since you have an approved tax stamp within the last 24 months, you can use the 24 month exemption and not have to include a copy of your gun trust paper.  You will simply include a letter indicating that you will be using the 24 month exemption and have an approved tax stamp within that time period.  The 24 month exemption can only be used if your gun trust hasn't changed since your last approved tax stamp.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will need to decide how you apply for yourself.  If you apply using your current gun trust, you will need to submit a copy of your notarized, signed and dated gun trust and a copy of any executed amendments when you apply for your tax stamp.  Since you have an approved tax stamp within the last 24 months, you can use the 24 month exemption and not have to include a copy of your gun trust paper.  You will simply include a letter indicating that you will be using the 24 month exemption and have an approved tax stamp within that time period.  The 24 month exemption can only be used if your gun trust hasn't changed since your last approved tax stamp.
View Quote
Huh? I have never heard of that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

“That” being the 24-month exemption?

If so, it simply means you’ve never read the instructions on the Form 1 or 4.

If you need additional assistance, try this thread.
View Quote
@BigWaylon

Ok so I used that exemption and did not upload my trust on the Efile. Do I need to send the trust and the amendment (to remove everyone but myself) hard copies in with my fingerprint cards? In December of 2018 I submitted the amendment to remove everyone but myself and it passed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you uploaded some form of the exemption, you’re saying nothing has changed since the last time. So I’m assuming you never added any of those other people back?

If that’s the case, you don’t mail in a copy of the trust & amendment. That’s the whole point of the exemption.
View Quote
Good point! I never added them back in. Literally nothing on my trust has changed since the last time I filed and was approved.
Top Top