Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 191
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You guys are killing me.  I've still heard nothing on my 9-27 Form 4.  I have two 10-22 Form 4s pending.  Lets see if those disappear too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
do they charge your credit card immediately? if there's no charge on my credit card, is it safe to assume my dealer hasn't submitted my forms yet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
do they charge your credit card immediately? if there's no charge on my credit card, is it safe to assume my dealer hasn't submitted my forms yet?
View Quote

Probably a safe bet.  It took mine a day or so to show up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your card is charged immediately. My dealer was awesome. I talked him through the entire process and afterwards, he sent me a copy of the submitted PDF so I could keep a copy for my records.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, my last 2 Form 1's were submitted on 12/8 and have control #'s 201440XXX so between 10/19 and then there were about 30K forms filed using eForms.  Needless to say I think I have awhile to wait
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Your card is charged immediately. My dealer was awesome. I talked him through the entire process and afterwards, he sent me a copy of the submitted PDF so I could keep a copy for my records.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read some good reviews about the guy I used, but I'm not so hot on his communication so far. I keep having to remind him that I want to buy a suppressor from him and that I'd like the forms submitted...

It took 2 weeks to go from "I'll buy that from you, what's the next step?" to "Can I get a copy of your Trust?"
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
my control # is 201445xxx and was submited on the 15th, so between 12/8 and 12/15 another 5k forms were submitted...
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys are killing me.  I've still heard nothing on my 9-27 Form 4.  I have two 10-22 Form 4s pending.  Lets see if those disappear too.
View Quote

Different states are probably moving at different rates...
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
my control # is 201445xxx and was submited on the 15th, so between 12/8 and 12/15 another 5k forms were submitted...
View Quote

Just remember, those control numbers most likely contain Form 3 dealer to dealer transfers, of which I would guess are 3-4x the amount of Form 1 and Form 4 volume combined.

Guessing...
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#10]
How long after you submit an E-form does your credit card charge show up? I just had a dealer put one in for me (sent him the docs in PDF by email and gave him my CC number over the phone) about a week ago, and the charge hasn't shown up yet. I want to make sure he actually filed it and it went through OK but don't want to call and bug him about it if there is a normal lag in the charge.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How long after you submit an E-form does your credit card charge show up? I just had a dealer put one in for me (sent him the docs in PDF by email and gave him my CC number over the phone) about a week ago, and the charge hasn't shown up yet. I want to make sure he actually filed it and it went through OK but don't want to call and bug him about it if there is a normal lag in the charge.
View Quote

Do you have a charge from your dealer at all? My dealer takes payment from me and then pays the e-tax with his own funds.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you have a charge from your dealer at all? My dealer takes payment from me and then pays the e-tax with his own funds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same as mine, the dealer runs the card before they file the eform and then I get a copy of the Form 4 that is pending.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in the same boat (just asked this question as well) - I emailed my dealer and he said he submitted my form and it's "pending," but there's nothing on my credit card.

Maybe it takes a little while? I dunno. He hasn't charged me for the ATF fee or the suppressor
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm in the same boat (just asked this question as well) - I emailed my dealer and he said he submitted my form and it's "pending," but there's nothing on my credit card.

Maybe it takes a little while? I dunno. He hasn't charged me for the ATF fee or the suppressor
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My card was charged by the time I walked out the door yesterday (my card was used for pay.gov).  

On another note, I checked over my copy of the submitted form 4 and I noticed that my dealer accidentally put the wrong zip code in 2a of the form 4.  Does anyone think that the ATF may be able to change it on their end or I should go ahead and cancel/resubmit.  I emailed the lady who does the efiling to call me when she got back in to discuss.  Gary was able to change the OAL on a form 1 I submitted so hopefully they can change this as well...

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assumed that he put my info directly into the payment fields for pay.gov, but I guess it's possible that he paid it himself and just hasn't run my card info yet to reimburse.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask him to email you a copy of the pending PDF. Then you have proof it has been submitted.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#18]
My 10/1 form
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yea. Remember the government shutdown left a gap. We sort of expected this jump would happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
10/19/2013 was just APROVED!!!!

Wow! That's a big jump.

Yea. Remember the government shutdown left a gap. We sort of expected this jump would happen.

I have been crossing my fingers for weeks, hoping to see a jump.  The reason being that for a period of time in October, they weren't accepting e-forms.  I've got 4 pending on Octover 22.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
My dealer emailed me this afternoon.  My 9-27 Form 4 was approved.  I am currently the highest red dot on nfatracker.com representing the longest wait.  But from what I can tell, I am the only efiled machinegun on nfatracker that has been approved.  So I'm not sure if that's why it took so long.  Everything else under efile appears to be a mainly bunch of SBRs and suppressors.  Maybe there's just more paperwork with a machinegun versus a suppressor??

Anyway, I have 2 more efiled Form 4 machineguns from 10-22.  Those two are on much, much older Form 4s also (about 25 & 35 years).  So I'll see if those take a little longer than average too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, no movement today. Federal Gov is closed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep. Snow Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(looks outside and sees no snow)
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Form 1 filed 10/21

Approved today

I would give you my control number but I started the paperwork in sept but did not submit till 10/21
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe they can work at home and approve eforms still.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Form 1 approved today from 10/21

Control #: 201497××
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, this is a pleasant, unexpected surprise.

Telework FTW!

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Form 1 approved today from 10/21

Control #: 201497××
View Quote

Only ~3700 forms to go

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Telework FTW!

View Quote

Yeah, I'm just having a minor freakout since there's 10/21 approvals and my VA 10/19 is still pending

On the other hand, I have three 10/23 Form 4s. If they're teleworking maybe they can't do any forms except the e-forms?
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure if the ATF authorizes telework, but according to OPM here in the DC area:

FEDERAL OFFICES in the Washington, DC, area are CLOSED. Emergency and telework-ready employees required to work must follow their agency's policies, including written telework agreements.

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not sure if the ATF authorizes telework, but according to OPM here in the DC area:

FEDERAL OFFICES in the Washington, DC, area are CLOSED. Emergency and telework-ready employees required to work must follow their agency's policies, including written telework agreements.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ATF is in WV. They are probably prepared for this weather. LOL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Form 1 e-filed 10/19 and approved today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Form 1 e-filed 10/21 and approved today. Control# 201498xx
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm just having a minor freakout since there's 10/21 approvals and my VA 10/19 is still pending

On the other hand, I have three 10/23 Form 4s. If they're teleworking maybe they can't do any forms except the e-forms?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Telework FTW!

LOL, a few hours later the 10/19 Form 1 comes back. Thank you, Mr. Pickles!

Now I just need to find the money for that 9" upper...
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got three Form 4's back approved.

Submitted 10-21-2013

Approved  01-21-2014

Nice birthday present!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#35]
woke up and had a lovely email

10/19 Form 1 APPROVED

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, from looking at NFA Tracker, 10/21 is in full swing, and there has even been two 10/22 approvals
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#37]
4, form 1's submitted October 21, approved today.  What a good feeling.

Edited to add, my emails came this afternoon, just in case anyone is wondering.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Come on 11/26!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Come on 10/23
Daddy needs his FNC!
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#41]
I've got a 10/29 form 1 and a 11/6 form 4. Excited about the 11/6.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Come on 11/26!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My latest Form 1
Is approved and done
My latest Glock
Just grew a stock

Okay, my RONI is actually in transit and still a few days out, but I just now received the e-mail notice that my Form 1 from 10/22/13 (# 2014110xx)  is now APPROVED.

Yay!

View Quote

Let me know how you like the RONI.  A buddy of mine has been considering one
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:21:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Trippin balls right now gents..... come on 10/23!!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Got a form 1 filed on 11/21. Just received notification of form 3 approved and arrived yesterday (took 40 days total). Starting 2 form 4's today when I get off from work....can I borrow a time machine anyone? Specwar 762 and in stock Octane 45.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Anyone have any approvals to report today?

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#47]
End of March, early February cannot get here soon enough!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Federal agencies in DC area opened late today, not sure about Martinsburg.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its been pretty quiet as compared to yesterday. No one on ARF reporting an approval, and only see 2 approvals reported on NFAtracker

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I Efiled a Form 1 and I did not receive the submitted/in process email, even though it shows a submitted/in process status on the website. Called today to check and was assured that if showed submitted/in process on the website, then everything was processed correctly, no matter that I didn't get the email.

She also mentioned that it should be approved in "about 90 days". Amazing. I have 2 other old fashioned forms still outstanding from April of 2013.

Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top