Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For $253 I couldn't resist either. I don't even have a plate carrier yet but I'll post pics as soon as I do... This gear forum is killing my budget lately.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shenanagins:
For $253 I couldn't resist either. I don't even have a plate carrier yet but I'll post pics as soon as I do... This gear forum is killing my budget lately.
View Quote

Me too. I just ordered some. Im thinking Crye JPC?
Pic thread:

My old carrier with AR500:

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

get the Mayflower from SKD 5 dollar shipping and its the lowest price for a great combo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Tango_6:

get the Mayflower from SKD 5 dollar shipping and its the lowest price for a great combo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Any of yall get your pates yet?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#5]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
Do I get a long hair bathroom picture redemption?

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10177965_10152355947104063_1204069713_n.jpg
View Quote

I thought you looked familiar.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By rksonex:

View All Quotes

Not yet, it took me 3 days to get my birth certificate faxed in because I moved into a new house last weekend. I swear I'm never moving again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Not yet, it took me 3 days to get my birth certificate faxed in because I moved into a new house last weekend. I swear I'm never moving again.
View All Quotes

I gave them my credentials a week ago and no reply since.  Their phone number is also disconnected.  Starting to look shaky.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sweatpants:

I gave them my credentials a week ago and no reply since.  Their phone number is also disconnected.  Starting to look shaky.
View All Quotes

I got my plates from them within a week. they were recommended by another member here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#10]

I got my plates from them within a week. they were recommended by another member here.

View All Quotes

Understood, I bought them on your recommendation

Hopefully they turn up some communication or the plates themselves soon

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I hope everything works out, It should.   Shyyyster is the one who told me about them
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoa, wait, I have to provide a birth certificate to buy the plates?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By LS6TT:

View Quote

Or law enforcement credentials, or US passport.  I received a follow-up e-mail from Mike titled "HighCom Security Compliance Request" to respond to.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I sent a pic of my passport and it was quick 2-3 days. and since this is a pic thread.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bruins] [#16]

What did I tell you!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shyyyster:
enter the discount code USAMADE

Holy discount batman, 2X Guardian 4SAS-7 10" x 12" Multi Curve Shooters Cut plates is 253.50 with free shipping.

Confused, what site is it exactly?

highcomsecurity.com

my plates just came in at noon today. mother fucking free 2 day shipping.

What did I tell you!!!!!!

Woah, what?

May have to fo.

Can anyone post what the multi curve vs single curve shooter's cut looks like?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:28:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shenanagins] [#17]

View All Quotes

Man I hope not. I did some research before I bought and found a review on them (Highcom) from back in 2012 so if figured they were legit. If so at least I used my AMEX and they will have no problems refunding me if things go south.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By joker581:

Yep. No exceptions either. I called and spoke to a guy named Mike and he claimed that the State Department required it. I cancelled my order at that time but still don't have the money back(though they did email me some kind of refund statement).
View All Quotes

Or law enforcement credentials, or US passport.  I received a follow-up e-mail from Mike titled "HighCom Security Compliance Request" to respond to.

Yep. No exceptions either. I called and spoke to a guy named Mike and he claimed that the State Department required it. I cancelled my order at that time but still don't have the money back(though they did email me some kind of refund statement).

Yeah, pass on that then.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:52:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#19]

View All Quotes

Got a hold of the head sales guy today.(said his name is Mike) He sais he is out of the country thats why his phone os messed up. He said they got a bunch of orders for the multi curve 10"x12"  last wednesday/thursday so they ran out of plates. He also said the new plates should be ready and shipped on Monday/Tuesday. Sounded like a legit guy, but we shal wait and see.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Got a hold of the head sales guy today. He sais he is out of the country thats why his phone os messed up. He said they got a bunch of orders for the multi curve 10"x12"  last wednesday/thursday so they ran out of plates. He also said they should be ready and shipped on Monday/Tuesday. Soinded like a legit guy, but we shal wait and see.
View All Quotes

Got a hold of the head sales guy today. He sais he is out of the country thats why his phone os messed up. He said they got a bunch of orders for the multi curve 10"x12"  last wednesday/thursday so they ran out of plates. He also said they should be ready and shipped on Monday/Tuesday. Soinded like a legit guy, but we shal wait and see.

Thanks for the update and details, we'll see how it goes indeed.  I ordered on Tuesday so I would presume the stock outage wouldn't have been an issue.  Who knows, maybe our posts had the unintended consequences of bandwagon buying

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Thanks for the update and details, we'll see how it goes indeed.  I ordered on Tuesday so I would presume the stock outage wouldn't have been an issue.  Who knows, maybe our posts had the unintended consequences of bandwagon buying
View All Quotes

Just received this in e-mail from Mike.

"Dear valued customer,

We are currently experiencing a crushing demand for the Guardian Multi-Curve armor plates and due to back order have had to expedite additional raw materials to our factory in Columbus, OH.  The additional materials arrived today and we are in process now and additional plates should be produced and quality tested and ready for shipment by Monday or Tuesday next week.  

If you prefer not to wait and would like to cancel your order or receive an alternative shape and curvature please let us know.

Again, your business is our heart and sole and as many know HighCom is never late on deliveries and this is simply unacceptable.  Your business is extremely important to us and we appreciate your patience."
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:28:06 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

That's definitely possible...  

I just got the same email too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:39:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shyyyster] [#23]
I had the same problem as you guys. The phone number is probably the one on the top of the email right? look on the right side of that same email. there is a working phone number there with 1 different number, my guess is its just a typo. Ill get some pics for you guys of the multi-curve. they are a little heavier then i thought they would be, maybe i was just naive to think cheap plates would be super light. they require a birth certificate because they cant sell to people who are not USA citizens, for obvious reasons.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:49:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spagehttie] [#24]
I ordered my plates from Highcomsecurity.com due to a thread here. It took a couple weeks because I don't ever check my email and didn't see they needed credentials. However once I emailed my birth certificate in on a weekend I recieved my plates shipped on Mon and I got them Wed. Mike would answer my emails quickly and the delay was my fault. Being this is the first time I buy plates I am pleased with their services.

</a>" />

OD Shellback Banshee, Tactical Tailor 3 mag panel, 2x Specialty Defense pistol pouches and a Leatherman MUT. Excuse the shitty photo and my dog's nose. Once I have it together I am taking better pictures.

My first non-issued plate carrier and armor. Planning on a different double pistol pouch, a small IFAK and possibly small Camelbak or canteen (I would always drink lots of water with my shit on). I don't want to put too much on it because I don't kick doors for a living anymore and am not forced to carry a bunch of unnecessary shit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#25]
I had the same problem as you guys. The phone number is probably the one on the top of the email right? look on the right side of that same email. there is a working phone number there with 1 different number, my guess is its just a typo. Ill get some pics for you guys of the multi-curve. they are a little heavier then i thought they would be, maybe i was just naive to think cheap plates would be super light. they require a birth certificate because they cant sell to people who are not USA citizens, for obvious reasons.

http://i.imgur.com/TNKQoFb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mpwD6Zo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/esLGqsO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ELSwn0v.jpg
View Quote

Good to know! What is the actual per plate weight on your plates?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:43:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shyyyster] [#26]
View Quote

7.2lbs

just like the site says
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#27]
My esstac kywi triple 762 mag pouch in ranger green arrived today. The guys at esstac really put out a great product with excellent customer service.

Triple 762 in my
Jpc fits perfect
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#28]

7.2lbs

just like the site says
View All Quotes

7.2lbs

just like the site says

Awesome thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#29]

16" Block II kinda-clone
LBT 6094
HSGI blowout pouch
BFG ten speed triple mag
Black Raine GP pouch
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#30]
So do you guys run multi curve shooter cut in back too? What's a better fit for the back?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#31]
correct me if i am wrong but large balcs fit large carriers right? just got a set
carrier is velocity systems operators assault vest and panels are iiia balcs cut
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By blackfly53:
So do you guys run multi curve shooter cut in back too? What's a better fit for the back?
View Quote

Curious about this too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, front and back
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Large BALCS panels fit in large BALCS carriers. Your panels should fit fine in a large OAV.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bravo42:
correct me if i am wrong but large balcs fit large carriers right? just got a set
carrier is velocity systems operators assault vest and panels are iiia balcs cut

Large BALCS panels fit in large BALCS carriers. Your panels should fit fine in a large OAV.

Thanks, I will work with it later and post photos.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bruins:

Curious about this too.
View All Quotes

Curious about this too.

I prefer multi curve front and back. The multi curves fit my body much better than a single curve or no curve.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#37]

I prefer multi curve front and back. The multi curves fit my body much better than a single curve or no curve.
View All Quotes

Curious about this too.

Ok. I am asking as a general rule as I know everyone is shaped somewhat different. Good to know.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

yes front and back
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#39]
x4, front and back
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:01:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#40]

<snip?

"Dear valued customer,
We are currently experiencing a crushing demand for the Guardian Multi-Curve armor plates and due to back order have had to expedite additional raw materials to our factory in Columbus, OH.  The additional materials arrived today and we are in process now and additional plates should be produced and quality tested and ready for shipment by Monday or Tuesday next week.  

If you prefer not to wait and would like to cancel your order or receive an alternative shape and curvature please let us know.

Again, your business is our heart and sole and as many know HighCom is never late on deliveries and this is simply unacceptable.  Your business is extremely important to us and we appreciate your patience."
View All Quotes

<snip?

"Dear valued customer,

UPDATE:Just got a shipping notice!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MtnRoamer] [#41]

View All Quotes

<snip?

"Dear valued customer,

+1

So far I'm very happy in dealing with them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link to article -

I saw this picture over on the Jerking the Trigger blog.  Is that a plate carrier the guy is wearing?  Who makes it?

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By toyotaman:
Link to article -

I saw this picture over on the Jerking the Trigger blog.  Is that a plate carrier the guy is wearing?  Who makes it?

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Sitting-Position-575x766.jpg
View Quote

In the comments at the link, it says that's the Esstac Trim Bush A1 rig with "all the trimmings" so I'm assuming the padded harness and hydration carrier.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcccop_04] [#44]
LBT 6094 Slick
LBT 2586K
TT Carbine Shingles
TT Magna Pistol Pouch
ATS Small IFAK
Marz Tactical Chemlight Admin

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link to article -

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Sitting-Position-575x766.jpg
View Quote

Accessing those assault pack buckles looks like hell
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Link to article -

Esstac Boar hydration carrier.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By mcccop_04:
LBT 6094 Slick
LBT 2586K

<a href="http://s148.photobucket.com/user/mcccop/media/3aea191c-8df6-4a3f-a295-e3575d3a865f_zps91844c78.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/mcccop/3aea191c-8df6-4a3f-a295-e3575d3a865f_zps91844c78.jpg</a>
View Quote

what pistol mag pouches are those?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:
Originally Posted By mcccop_04:
LBT 6094 Slick
LBT 2586K

<a href="http://s148.photobucket.com/user/mcccop/media/3aea191c-8df6-4a3f-a295-e3575d3a865f_zps91844c78.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/mcccop/3aea191c-8df6-4a3f-a295-e3575d3a865f_zps91844c78.jpg</a>

and rifle mags
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#49]
All look like TTs to me
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Current set up for yard work and spin class.

Goofin.

GGG minimalist PC stuffed with lvl3 stand alone plates + assorted patches.
Blue Force Gear tourniquet now.
Condor mag pouches.  for now :(
Grimloc for my gloves to hang out on
marker for doodling and trauma shears for origami.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top