BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By silver_back110:

Good looking set up.  I've been running the D3 for awhile now and really like it.  I've been thinking of getting a MMH and using it as an IFAK, do you have any particular gripes or complaints about yours?
View Quote

I think the organizer insert for it should come included and not cost an extra 10 bucks. I haven't bought one yet but it would be helpful. Otherwise, no complaints. Good size. Good placement. Solid secure attachment.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 556Texas:

I think the organizer insert for it should come included and not cost an extra 10 bucks. I haven't bought one yet but it would be helpful. Otherwise, no complaints. Good size. Good placement. Solid secure attachment.

IFAK contents sealed in baggy, or at least that was the intent when that drop pouch was designed in 2013

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Good looking set up.  I've been running the D3 for awhile now and really like it.  I've been thinking of getting a MMH and using it as an IFAK, do you have any particular gripes or complaints about yours?

IFAK contents sealed in baggy, or at least that was the intent when that drop pouch was designed in 2013

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
And you did a bang up job of it too, Egg.

Love your work, brother.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Bought it from Ebay

I believe it's marketed for Airsoft but seems to be well made and works well, IMO.

I connect it to the Baofeng using a TNC Female to SMA Female adapter

I can hit distant repeaters loud and clear with it, that were either barely audible or not recieved at all with my Nagoya antenna.

View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Works well, i have the kydex inserts so they click right into the pouch. I  also had the original and sold it for the heavy because i wasnt a fan of the stuffit pouch
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Well fellers it's a start

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my Daeodon and now I need some advice. Should I get a pre made panel from esstac? Or a plain panel with a bfg tenspeed triple? Or another option?  Thanks for your input.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tnev123:
Works well, i have the kydex inserts so they click right into the pouch. I  also had the original and sold it for the heavy because i wasnt a fan of the stuffit pouch
View Quote

That was my biggest issue with it as well, may have to give the heavy a look.  How much bigger is it than the original.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Its roughly the same size as the regular d3cr, just no stuffit. Mag pouchs must be a little bigger to work with the 308 mags but cant really tell
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#11]

What kind of PC is that? It looks really comfortable
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Seatbelts:

View All Quotes

Mayflower MBAV APC with HSGI shoulder pads.

It's fits well; can't wait to give the new plates I've put in there a few miles underneath them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CastorTroy] [#13]

Originally Posted By jbraman:

Got my Daeodon and now I need some advice. Should I get a pre made panel from esstac? Or a plain panel with a bfg tenspeed triple? Or another option?  Thanks for your input.
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/jbraman1/Mobile%20Uploads/DDE80162-6611-4133-81EC-93DB816E86F4_zpsn0yatyzl.jpg
View Quote
I just ordered mine. I went with a premade panel.

ETA: how long did it take to arrive after you ordered it?

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:10:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nanashi] [#14]
View Quote

If you get the Esstac setup you can place the mags back in the carrier one handed, if you g with the BFG Ten speed option the mag pouches go pretty much flat when you remove the mag, the ten speeds dont have any molly on the front though so you cant expand that way. Not that you would want to but its something to think about.

Also that is a really nice rig I like how the sholders go smoothly into the carrier. Looks like it would be pretty smooth when shouldering an AR.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CastorTroy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CastorTroy:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/jbraman1/Mobile%20Uploads/DDE80162-6611-4133-81EC-93DB816E86F4_zpsn0yatyzl.jpg

Took 5 days.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I had one made...Mission Spec Tactical.  I took their EOC carrier with the shoulder savers and had them make one in ATACS-FG, added 3 mag pouches with bungees, QASM buckles, and velcro, drag handle on the back.  With all the customization, ended up being about $250 and had it in a week.  It would be less if you don't change the structure but just the pattern (they have just about everything from woodland to ATACS to AOR2 to Kryptek, etc).  They have a form you fill out and they got back to me within a couple hours.

I am in no way financially or otherwise connected to them, but there are probably others that are saying "i like that one, but would like x, y, z instead."  They do that.  Pick your camo pattern, etc.

Pictures here: https://www.instagram.com/missionspec/    about 7 rows down, front and back.

It is lightweight (no cummerbund) and super comfortable, very lightweight.

Just an FYI for those that cannot find exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:27:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Detn8r-Red2] [#17]
Just put together a starter PC for now

Condor? PC
Level 3 Spartan Armor- Swimmers cut front/shooters cut rear
Condor Kangaroo Shingle
USGI IFAK
Extra Tourniquet
Blackhawk Glock 27 holster

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Warrior Assault Systems DCS plate carrier from Spartan Armor with the Spartan Armor Ar550 plates.  When I save my pennies I'm going to replace with ceramics.  Pouches are a hodgepodge going to run it this weekend to see what if any adjustments are needed.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By airwing_jarhead:
Warrior Assault Systems DCS plate carrier from Spartan Armor with the Spartan Armor Ar550 plates.  When I save my pennies I'm going to replace with ceramics.  Pouches are a hodgepodge going to run it this weekend to see what if any adjustments are needed.

<a href="http://s161.photobucket.com/user/airwing_jarhead/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160822_175016746_zpsnso938go.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/airwing_jarhead/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160822_175016746_zpsnso938go.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'd move that single pistol pouch to the right (as if you are facing the carrier) of the green rifle/pistol pouch to keep the profile down. The shock cord running over that pistol mag in the double pouch just seems like trouble to me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lew:

I'd move that single pistol pouch to the right (as if you are facing the carrier) of the green rifle/pistol pouch to keep the profile down. The shock cord running over that pistol mag in the double pouch just seems like trouble to me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lew:
Originally Posted By airwing_jarhead:

<a href="http://s161.photobucket.com/user/airwing_jarhead/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160822_175016746_zpsnso938go.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/airwing_jarhead/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160822_175016746_zpsnso938go.jpg</a>

Already took the single pistol pouch off...did some quick drills and couldn't find a good place for it.   I might put it high on left side with its brother to see how I like it there.  Other wise I see a battle belt in my near future.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Good to know, thank you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: droys86] [#22]

My AWS OCPC. Current setup is aws triple (dual stack) 5.56 pouches, dual pistol mag pouch, a medium GP pouch/ifak, single point sling, and a 5.11 OD MP5 mag pouch which is perfect for cans.

I also have a CB JPC, which is completely bare right now except for a TAG hydro (triple 5.56 shingle on the way), and next purchase on the list will be a BAE RBAV for work so I can replace my horribly laid out point blank raid vest with something that can accept soft armor and actually be setup the way i want.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:34:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#23]

I'm renovating the house and I went to Goodwill to get rid of crap. While there I see this beat up Blackhawk Recon Chest Rig. It's clearly missing parts. But for $5 you can't beat it.

So I buy and and get an old H-Harness from Vietnam era and rig it with an old Level IV plate lying around.

I now have a new rig to keep in my truck.

Here's my truck rifle. It was built out of spare parts sitting in a box.

Yes, that is a bent nail in place of the FSB gas tube pin. It is solid and works.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#24]

whats the small pack on the back?

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
I'm renovating the house and I went to Goodwill to get rid of crap. While there I see this beat up Blackhawk Recon Chest Rig. It's clearly missing parts. But for $5 you can't beat it.

So I buy and and get an old H-Harness from Vietnam era and rig it with an old Level IV plate lying around.

I now have a new rig to keep in my truck.

http://i.imgur.com/HzQoin3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kdtHj43.jpg

Here's my truck rifle. It was built out of spare parts sitting in a box.

https://i.imgur.com/VKex7FN.jpg

Yes, that is a bent nail in place of the FSB gas tube pin. It is solid and works.

View Quote

Solid score man. While slightly ot what do you guys think about Blue Force Gear pouches? I am thinking about getting some for my pistol mag's and may switch to their 3 mag shingle too
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:

Emdom Vehicle Hydration Carrier
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Donster_125] [#28]
Anyone have any insight on plate carriers?

I currently have a banshee that is set up quite nicely, but I want another, more versatile rig.

I am stuck between the following:

1. First-spear Strandhogg
2. LBT 6094
3. LBX Armatus 2.0

I am leaning towards to the LBT, but Strandhogg certainly looks like a more... Modern option.

I must admit that while I like the ability for the Strandhogg to be taken off quickly via the tubes, I don't like the gap that it creates.

I am most concerned with wearing the carrier and being able to draw a pistol. In my opinion, I feel the the LBT 6094 will be easier as I can move the majority of the pouches closest to the front of the carrier; the Strandhogg is limited by design due to the placement of the tubes.

Any thoughts on this?

Is the 6094 still relevant? Or is it starting to look outdated?

Lastly, with regards to the cummerbund on the 6094, does it have 2 or 1 pockets for side armour? I have seen cummerbunds that Are essentially hollow and allow for inserting 6x8 (as an example) soft armour as well as another pouch that allows for inserting a 6x6 Armor plate. How is the cummerbund set up on the 6094?

EDIT: I forgot to add, I am looking at the LBX Armatus because of its modularity and ability to be easily configured to different roles.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Donster_125:

I currently have a banshee that is set up quite nicely, but I want another, more versatile rig.

2. LBT 6094
3. LBX Armatus 2.0

I am leaning towards to the LBT, but Strandhogg certainly looks like a more... Modern option.

I must admit that while I like the ability for the Strandhogg to be taken off quickly via the tubes, I don't like the gap that it creates.

I am most concerned with wearing the carrier and being able to draw a pistol. In my opinion, I feel the the LBT 6094 will be easier as I can move the majority of the pouches closest to the front of the carrier; the Strandhogg is limited by design due to the placement of the tubes.

Any thoughts on this?

Lastly, with regards to the cummerbund on the 6094, does it have 2 or 1 pockets for side armour? I have seen cummerbunds that Are essentially hollow and allow for inserting 6x8 (as an example) soft armour as well as another pouch that allows for inserting a 6x6 Armor plate. How is the cummerbund set up on the 6094?

View Quote

I have a 6094C, and I personally like it. I dont wear a battle belt, but I would see no issue drawing a pistol from it. From left to right, looking head on to the carrier, I have A Maxpedition IFAK pouch, HSGI blowout pouch, (3 wide) 3x2 LBT M4 mag pouches, and I rigged up a double stealth operator pistol mag holster on my weak side. Feels good to me. I dont run anything on the extreme sides or back, and I still need to pick up side plates for it. I cant remember how the cumberbund is set up for plate pockets.... I'll run down to the truck and check though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#30]
New Strandhogg's now have the overlap cummerbund to eliminate the coverage gap. I think that is standard with current production, if not, it is at least an option.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:19:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#31]

2. LBT 6094
3. LBX Armatus 2.0

Any thoughts on this?

View Quote

Have you considered the Esstac Daeodon or Daeodon Light?
Click
cp

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:31:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Donster_125] [#32]
Originally Posted By M1A2Tanker:
New Strandhogg's now have the overlap cummerbund to eliminate the coverage gap. I think that is standard with current production, if not, it is at least an option.
View Quote

I saw that, but the gap I'm referring to is the lack of MOLLE between the front and the sides due to the position of the tubes.

Also, I forgot to ask, how does the LBT 6094 sit? Does it sit high enough for the proper position of the plates to protect the vital organs?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#33]

I saw that, but the gap I'm referring to is the lack of MOLLE between the front and the sides due to the position of the tubes.

Also, I forgot to ask, how does the LBT 6094 sit? Does it sit high enough for the proper position of the plates to protect the vital organs?
View All Quotes

I think mine sits a hair low, but I think I also have a little bit of adjustment to bring that up to where it needs to be, but its not like hangs off of me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Solid score man. While slightly ot what do you guys think about Blue Force Gear pouches? I am thinking about getting some for my pistol mag's and may switch to their 3 mag shingle too
View Quote

If I need a pouch, I look a BFG's offerings first to see if they will fit my requirements. I really appreciate lightweight and minimalism. My brother and I use the Ten Speed pouches, and I have a Trauma Kit NOW! on my belt, in addition to us both having their PC's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Is the LBX Armatus even looking into, or am I just better off sticking with the 6094?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#36]
anyone got anything to say between a crye cpc and the avs? looking at getting one for replacing the issued junk.  let me know your thoughts on the two. mostly a recce unit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#37]
The AVS is garbage.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#38]
One thing I did notice was that LBX sells a version of the LBT 6094. Other than the fact that the LBX is out together overseas, is there any real difference between the two carriers?

I am looking at the LBX version of the 6094 because with the money left over, I can also buy the Armatus 2.0

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wag_bag:
The AVS is garbage.
View Quote

Why garbage? Special people use it on a daily basis in Afghanistan. Most of them could choose something else if they wanted.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:21:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mtrmble] [#40]
Don't know about the AVS but the CPC was by far the most comfortable carrier I've ever worn
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Why garbage? Special people use it on a daily basis in Afghanistan. Most of them could choose something else if they wanted.
View All Quotes
The AVS is garbage.

lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:42:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M1A2Tanker] [#42]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:

lol
View All Quotes
The AVS is garbage.

lol

Legitimate question. Crye is generally considered top-of-the-line. If someone has gripes about the AVS, I'd like to hear that perspective. I've considered the AVS many times but availability of in-stock components keeps me from pulling the trigger. And yes, guys with beards do use the AVS on a regular basis. Doesn't mean they know condor from Crye, but some do and they often can influence what kit they do use.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:04:52 AM EDT
[#43]
id love to hear whats the pros and cons are especially if im gonna be living in it / deployment kinda need to like what you wear everyday.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jmurph240:
id love to hear whats the pros and cons are especially if im gonna be living in it / deployment kinda need to like what you wear everyday.
View Quote

Has your commander put in writing that you can wear personal shit downrange?

If not, how much time left as Commander does he have?

Will there be a different guy when y'all deploy?

The pros are comfort with the CPC. The cons are cost. I also didn't think the pull cable was well covered enough to crawl around in.

The pros of the AVS are that its new, and nerds love new gear. So if your organization has money to burn you can blow it on that.

Not to mention, why would you spend a pile of money to look cool in a guard tower?

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#45]

Legitimate question. Crye is generally considered top-of-the-line. If someone has gripes about the AVS, I'd like to hear that perspective. I've considered the AVS many times but availability of in-stock components keeps me from pulling the trigger. And yes, guys with beards do use the AVS on a regular basis. Doesn't mean they know condor from Crye, but some do and they often can influence what kit they do use.
View All Quotes
The AVS is garbage.

lol

"Guys with beards" covers such a wide range of services, circumstances, and missions that it almost can't be taken seriously.

Quantify your post please.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Crye tried too hard to do too much, too fast with the AVS. I know who is using it. A lot of guys just don't care enough to spend money on their own shit. The harness doesn't really benefit you in any way and just makes assembling the thing more complicated. Where the front "arms" of the harness slide into the pockets under your front plate, you now have an awkward feeling, thick strap running across your chest/stomach without any real benefit. The shoulder straps had a habit of disconnecting themselves and are now sewn onto the front plate bag, a quick fix Crye had to do for units buying them. I don't know if the civilian vests have this mod. Most guys that give a fuck are buying their own JPCs because they're simpler, thinner, and lighter. The only real complaint with the original JPC was the fixed mag pouches and there's ways around that, too.

In the end, we bought the AVS without testing it because it was assumed anything Crye would be the new hotness. Now we regret spending $828.74 on each one of these things.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#47]

"Guys with beards" covers such a wide range of services, circumstances, and missions that it almost can't be taken seriously.

View All Quotes
The AVS is garbage.

lol

To quantify; Army Special Forces ODA, members of Ranger Regiment, private security contractors, government security officers actively conducting offensive operations.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Crye tried too hard to do too much, too fast with the AVS. I know who is using it. A lot of guys just don't care enough to spend money on their own shit. The harness doesn't really benefit you in any way and just makes assembling the thing more complicated. Where the front "arms" of the harness slide into the pockets under your front plate, you now have an awkward feeling, thick strap running across your chest/stomach without any real benefit. The shoulder straps had a habit of disconnecting themselves and are now sewn onto the front plate bag, a quick fix Crye had to do for units buying them. I don't know if the civilian vests have this mod. Most guys that give a fuck are buying their own JPCs because they're simpler, thinner, and lighter. The only real complaint with the original JPC was the fixed mag pouches and there's ways around that, too.

In the end, we bought the AVS without testing it because it was assumed anything Crye would be the new hotness. Now we regret spending $828.74 on each one of these things.
View Quote

Thanks for the perspective. I've seen a couple of JPCs running around and wondered why that over the higher-priced AVS. Any experience on the CPC?
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:07:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wag_bag] [#49]

Thanks for the perspective. I've seen a couple of JPCs running around and wondered why that over the higher-priced AVS. Any experience on the CPC?
View All Quotes

Nope. Anything lighter and slimmer while still being durable is better, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#50]
The harness doesn't really benefit you in any way and just makes assembling the thing more complicated.
View All Quotes
The harness doesn't really benefit you in any way and just makes assembling the thing more complicated.

The harness is necessary as a semi-rigid structural component of Crye's StKSS load transfer system. You know, that thing that nobody actually uses.

Most guys that give a fuck are buying their own JPCs because they're simpler, thinner, and lighter.

Ironically the AVS can be bought directly from Crye and configured identically to the JPC 2.0 except $60 cheaper.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top