Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:24:07 PM EDT
Just got the YL12 shotgun from Canada Ammo its a cool little gun.  I was looking for an Ithaca shorty for my collection this will hold me over until I can get a 60's one.   The action is very as smooth the only hiccup was the user ;)

Anyway after a few hundred shells I will have a better idea of how well it works and do a review.    

http://youtu.be/yoXrqTYEb2Q

Can you guys in the US buy Chinese shotguns?   This is pretty much a Steven's 350 as well.

Snapshot 1 (21-10-2014 8-09 PM) by Don'tkillbill, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it!

I like how the Chinese can make a 200 dollar shotgun that just works while I had to get a refund on an 870 after several parts replacements, repairs and eventually a whole new shotgun (which didn't work either) because they just couldn't get it to eject right.

EDIT: I meant that Remington couldn't get it right, not the Chinese. That's the irony.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like it!

I like how the Chinese can make a 200 dollar shotgun that just works while I had to get a refund on an 870 after several parts replacements, repairs and eventually a whole new shotgun (which didn't work either) because they just couldn't get it to eject right.
View Quote

Sorry to say their 870 copies are pretty good.  I have 2.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 2nd generation Model 97 and it is a great gun
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like it!

Same here. Had three, traded one. Never a problem.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a real ithaca 37 with a 27" barrel built in the late 40s I believe. Love that shotty.

I'd drop 200 on that copy though, I want a short barrel hd shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one very similar to yours.  Got it years ago.  Mine has ghost ring sights.  I'm at work, but will try to get a pic tomorrow.  Mine has been great.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a LLC and have a Class 3 FFL. Can I ge some of that goodness here?  Let me know.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like it!

I was talking about a Remngton. Sadly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought my son the Ithaca clone. With ghost ring sights. It has been a great shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll try and pick up a real Ithaca but they are a little more pricey up here in Canada and I don't want to chop nice gun to get my shorty.   I got 50 slugs today so it will be fun to see how she runs those through.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Had seen the Chinese copies of the Ithaca 37 and a few Winchesters, then got to looking at prices on old Ithacas and Winchesters. While the prices on Winchesters are higher good original shotguns can be found at reasonable prices. The Ithaca's though, that a well kept secret; keep your eye out on Gunbroker and you can find some amazing deals on old Ithacas. Not sure what the pickins are like north of the border, but here in the states a nice vintage Ithaca M37 can be had for just a couple hundred bucks.

Couple of mine... they're inexpensive, built like a tank - very robust, painfully simple, sleek and sexy.

...they're also very adictive
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had seen the Chinese copies of the Ithaca 37 and a few Winchesters, then got to looking at prices on old Ithacas and Winchesters. While the prices on Winchesters are higher good original shotguns can be found at reasonable prices. The Ithaca's though, that a well kept secret; keep your eye out on Gunbroker and you can find some amazing deals on old Ithacas. Not sure what the pickins are like north of the border, but here in the states a nice vintage Ithaca M37 can be had for just a couple hundred bucks.

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/IthacaM37/DSC02947_zps6b88f7a6.jpg

Couple of mine... they're inexpensive, built like a tank - very robust, painfully simple, sleek and sexy.

...they're also very adictive
View Quote

We have a site called Canadian Gun Nutz that has some some but they seem to go for 350-400.  It is a good thing I can't shop at your Gunbroker site I'd be broke!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Another John Browning design.  

I have two of my own.  A hunting gun made in the 1960's that my dad bought for me in 1969 and a extended mag tube parkerized gun I bought a few years back ($250 and looks new).

I bought M37's for both my sons.

I think my cousin bought one of the Chinese copies.  Don't they have double action bars (??) while the M37 has a single bar.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]
My copy has the double acton bars. I want a proper Riot Ithaca 37 but I want a lot of things.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Can you guys in the US buy Chinese shotguns?

View Quote
Most of them no, as the majority are produced by companies that have long since been banned from import.

Those of us who live near the border just go north and get a PAL so we can enjoy the Chinese guns while vacationing

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Most of them no, as the majority are produced by companies that have long since been banned from import.

Those of us who live near the border just go north and get a PAL so we can enjoy the Chinese guns while vacationing

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you guys in the US buy Chinese shotguns?

A cheap way to shoot in another country.  Clever!   I should know this but how easy is it to get a PAL as a non resident?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top