Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone know if that ugly ass top rail comes off?
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone posted these;

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/01/16/kel-tec-ksg-short-barreled-law-enforcement-nfa-model/

I don't know how to make this link hot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Has anyone posted these;

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/01/16/kel-tec-ksg-short-barreled-law-enforcement-nfa-model/

Link Posted: 1/18/2012 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone posted these;

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Handled one today at a local shop (already sold of course), and I will be ordering one next week. VERY cool shotgun and felt very well made.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Are the picatinny rails (top & bottom) made of polymer or aluminum?

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe they were polymer. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the top rail to be honest. I played with the action for about a minute then they put the gun back up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#9]
How long is the bottom rail? Will an AFG2 and any type of light both fit on it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 4:04:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe they were polymer. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the top rail to be honest. I played with the action for about a minute then they put the gun back up.

Top is aluminum, like the RFB.
Bottom is polymer, and part of the pump.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one on order from my dealer and he has promised me the first one he gets. I just spoke to him and he said he heard yesterday the ones just shipped are subject to a recall. I wonder if it is true...
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#12]
The utter lack of availability on their most desirable firearms is proof that Kel-Tec hates us all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Anybody got their preorder yet and if so what date did you order?Still looking for info on when these will hit hard on gunstore shelves. Might pick up an 870 and put the new Magpul furniture on it while I wait for the shotgun (KSG) I really want lol.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Finally handled one today in the flesh for the first time... now the want is so bad it's painful.

Did it feel like a quality piece or was it a flimsy plastic feeling?

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm waiting on these to become more readily available.  I'm not paying double MSRP.  hell, I still want to buy the RSB (?) from them so I need to save every penny I can.  :D

Over on the Kel tec forum though they are saying there has been a second batch of guns shipped.  One guy that seems to be a dealer said he spoke to Keltec and confirmed they are making 100 guns per day and have a 12K backlog of orders.   :(
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm waiting on these to become more readily available.  I'm not paying double MSRP.  hell, I still want to buy the RSB (?) from them so I need to save every penny I can.  :D

Over on the Kel tec forum though they are saying there has been a second batch of guns shipped.  One guy that seems to be a dealer said he spoke to Keltec and confirmed they are making 100 guns per day and have a 12K backlog of orders.   :(

I wonder who gets priority for the shippments? but at least this good news if it is in fact true. So maybe in 18 months I can have one at MSRP instead of double or triple that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#20]
A local store has one on the wall as "display only".   Their next one will go on the range as a rental, then after that they'll start filling orders on their 4 page waiting list.  I got to handle the display today, and I must say I was blown away by how substantial it feels.  It feels very well built, very smooth, and very solid.  I can't wait for my preorder to arrive now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good to have the production data... should be able to fill current backlog in 6 months.  Still debating between this and SBSing a semi auto.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just ordered 100 rds of the Aquila mini slugs. Should be here Monday. I'll report back on how many I can jam in each tube and how they work.

Ok, will these cycle?  I have a  ton of these!

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How do you expect to sight it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Machine a taller front support so I could install a brass bead. I want no rifle sights, ghost rings nor optics.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just ordered 100 rds of the Aquila mini slugs. Should be here Monday. I'll report back on how many I can jam in each tube and how they work.

Awesome.  Can't wait to hear the report.  If they load and feed reliably, it takes the KSG to a whole new level IMO.  If my math is correct, it should make it a 22+1 gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome.  Can't wait to hear the report.  If they load and feed reliably, it takes the KSG to a whole new level IMO.  If my math is correct, it should make it a 22+1 gun.

Aguila mini's ran great in my KSG. I fit a whole box of 20 in there and still had room for another 2.75" shell, maybe a 3". It fed perfectly, but I only had one box to try in it.
I bought some Nobel 2.5", Centurion 2.25", and some more Aguila mini's. I'll be trying them all on the next range trip.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Machine a taller front support so I could install a brass bead. I want no rifle sights, ghost rings nor optics.

I agree, I'm going to do the same thing. I'm hoping I can fit an AFG2 and a little light like this one     http://www.m1surplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=343     in front of the AFG2 on the bottom rail.

I would appreciate it if someone would make the link hot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, I'm going to do the same thing. I'm hoping I can fit an AFG2 and a little light like this one     http://www.m1surplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=343     in front of the AFG2 on the bottom rail.

http://www.m1surplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=343
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.m1surplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=343

Thanks TC. I just read and saw pics on the KTOG forum that show the bottom rails failing , because they are plastic. Hopefully before I'm able to get my hands on one they have changed the plastic rail to a metal rail like the top one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Just found out I may have to move mine. Waiting on confirmation. It sucks living in NY.

WTF?! Does it fall under some assault weapon ban?

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Just found out I may have to move mine. Waiting on confirmation. It sucks living in NY.

No, it's just currently rumored that the NY State Police have deemed it "Law Enforcement Only" (kinda like they deemed the Rossi Ranch Hand an SBR after the fact).  Gotta love the fact that in New York, the police  can make up the law as they go along, and it's apparently perfectly legal.  Who needs a Judicial or a Legislative branch, when the Executive branch can unilaterally make shit up and enforce it.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's just currently rumored that the NY State Police have deemed it "Law Enforcement Only" (kinda like they deemed the Rossi Ranch Hand an SBR after the fact).  Gotta love the fact that in New York, the police  can make up the law as they go along, and it's apparently perfectly legal.  Who needs a Judicial or a Legislative branch, when the Executive branch can unilaterally make shit up and enforce it.  

Id take that to mean you own one of the only NY pre-ban KSGs in existence since you owned it before they made up their mind.  Now you can sell it to another NYer for $5k.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top