Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2015 9:41:23 AM EDT
My wife picked this up for herself at the gun show yesterday.

I noticed that the magazines don't come sliding out more than a small fraction of an inch when the mag release button is pushed.

The magazines fit is somewhat "tighter" than I've seen in other pistols.

Is this normal for these pistols?

And if so; does this change with use?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]
totally normal.

buy and install this and the problem goes away.

eta:  while you're at it, might as well get all of this stuff in one go instead of buying it piecemeal like i did  
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
totally normal.

buy and install this and the problem goes away.
View Quote

Well, that was super fast help.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
First post gets it.

Just have YouTube handy if you take the damn thing apart.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First post gets it.

Just have YouTube handy if you take the damn thing apart.
View Quote

That's no shit...and a mallet, you will need a mallet...
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it's the silly mag disconnect. Getting rid of it takes care of the problem.  The hammer bushing linked above is designed to fill the space left after you remove the disconnect parts. Another plus to getting rid of the disconnect is it makes disassembly easier.

Inserting a mag with a closed bolt will still require a good smack though, at least with the 22/45's I've dealt with.   Much easier with the bolt open.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the rail is on backwards
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like the rail is on backwards
View Quote

It only appears that way from that side; as you can see from the ejection port side, if the rail were to be reversed, the cutout on the rail would actually be positioned far forward of the ejection port.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I stand corrected
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I stand corrected
View Quote

Believe me; after you commented I ran to the safe to examine the pistol because according to the original picture, the rail did appear to be installed backwards.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I am going to order that kit soon, I have the same pistol as you and I am getting failure to extracts on a semi regular basis. Which sucks because I sold a M&P22c to get this and that pistol was 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am going to order that kit soon, I have the same pistol as you and I am getting failure to extracts on a semi regular basis. Which sucks because I sold a M&P22c to get this and that pistol was 100% reliable.
View Quote

My wife put 150 rounds through the pistol earlier this afternoon and the gun ran flawlessly from the first to the last round.

I put another 50 through without any issues just to try it out and although it's a fun gun to shoot, the trigger is awful unlike that of my MKlll Hunter, which is very good.

Maybe it will improve with use but I suspect that she'll be replacing it with an improved aftermarket trigger and sear as well as the bushing that eliminates The magazine disconnect.

Another thing I noticed is that the pistol shot low until the sights were raised to the maximum elevation.

So 200 rounds on the first day without a stoppage or malfunction of any sort using Aguila 40 grain plated solid point ammo.

Not a bad little gun for which she paid $359.00.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
22/45s with upgraded guts are a ton of fun.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Take the loaded chamber indicator out while you are at it.  Easier to clean and cuts down on failure to feeds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had my 22/45 lite for several years now. I have made extensive modifications to mine.

The three mods I like the best on mine were the sling-shot mod., exchanged the sear too a Volquartsen sear (lowered the trigger pull), and put a Hi-viz front sight on. Many of my modification parts were bought from Tandemkross.

I now have some 8,000 rounds plus through mine and have had great fun shooting the 22/45 lite. BTW: mine also prefers Aguila super extra 40 grain.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I shot another 150 rounds through mine Sunday with no failures. Shot a mix of CCI blazer, SV, and crappy Winchester stuff, seems to shoot everything fine except federal automatch.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Some good info from my post earlier this year...here
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#18]
WOW!

a .22/.45 !

Seriously, nice gun!
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Believe me; after you commented I ran to the safe to examine the pistol because according to the original picture, the rail did appear to be installed backwards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stand corrected

I believe the cutout is on the other side and a different location from front to back so it can be flipped around. The other way around would place the rail more to the rear if you were to run it without the rear sight and just a red dot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I believe the cutout is on the other side and a different location from front to back so it can be flipped around. The other way around would place the rail more to the rear if you were to run it without the rear sight and just a red dot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stand corrected

It looks that way, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top