Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:29:17 PM EDT
Any suggestions for upgrading a 22/45 Lite?  Been looking at volquartzen, majestic Arms and Tandomkross.

Hammer bushing- for drop free mags
Trigger?
Wolf sling shot parts or majestics bolt release and speed strip?

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
TK hammer bushing is a must have for only $10... it should be a standard part IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TK hammer bushing is a must have for only $10... it should be a standard part IMHO.
View Quote

This is an absolute must, and also improves the trigger.  Try this, and if you still want a better trigger look at vq or something.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
In for answers as well.

I was looking at the Majestic takedown kit, but the reviews are mixed.  A lot of folks say they have ignition issues with the shorter hammer that the kit includes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never had an issue with take down on any of my rugers. That said my 22/45 lite sports a ton of upgrades mainly from Volq and TandemKross to include:

1)Volq trigger and sear
2) TK LCI eliminator
3) TK bushing/mag safety eliminator
4) TK Kanewolf sling shot BHO mod
5) TK extended mag bumpers(not +1's)
6) TK comp(not tested yet)
7) TK picatinny rail(not tested yet)
8) Duragrips in black wasp nest pattern

All were great and fairly inexpensive additions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hammer bushing
VQ trigger and sear
Fiber optic sights
Done.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've never had an issue with take down on any of my rugers. That said my 22/45 lite sports a ton of upgrades mainly from Volq and TandemKross to include:

1)Volq trigger and sear
2) TK LCI eliminator
3) TK bushing/mag safety eliminator
4) TK Kanewolf sling shot BHO mod
5) TK extended mag bumpers(not +1's)
6) TK comp(not tested yet)
7) TK picatinny rail(not tested yet)
8) Duragrips in black wasp nest pattern

All were great and fairly inexpensive additions.
View Quote

Prob looking at 1-4, plus maybe 8. Got a pic or link to #8?
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hammer bushing
VQ trigger and sear
Fiber optic sights
Done.
View Quote

Yes
Yes
Yes

Tandomkross.com is gonna get a good order soon..
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.duragrips.com/catalog/product/f209a8cc754b4a65a893237516bcd3f8

Link to their site.

ETA- the extended mag bumpers are great. Sounds pretty inconsequential but, they make seating mags much more positive.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.duragrips.com/catalog/product/f209a8cc754b4a65a893237516bcd3f8

Link to their site.

ETA- the extended mag bumpers are great. Sounds pretty inconsequential but, they make seating mags much more positive.
View Quote

Thanks!!

I looked for the volquartzen trigger and sear and just found the sear?  Do they offer a trigger too or is the sear only what I want/need?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#10]
My 22/45 is a pre-lite TB, but I have the hammer bushing mod, the VQ trigger / disconnector kit and a few other odds and ends installed.

The only complaint that I have is that my VQ trigger can be a little sensitive.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]
My 22/45s have VZ grips Vq accurizing kits and the mkII bushing. I also did the slingshot mod.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I also did the slingshot mod.
View Quote

good upgrade?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I did the following upgrades to my 22/45 lite cobalt:

TK Hammer Bushing - to remove magazine disconnect and magazines drop free
Kanewolf Slingshot mod-Can slingshot load mags, Reduces wear on the bolt
VQ target Sear- Reduced Trigger Pull
TK LCI Removal Insert- removes a useless feature that can cause malfunction. Also made cleaning easier.
TK Magazine +1 Bumper- Improved loading of magazines, +1 Capacity
Hogue Grip
Hi-viz fiber optic front site post

Got a Spectre II suppressor in jail and once I load up on some more magazines I will have a pretty sweet setup!

I am really happy with all the mods and recommend them all. After the bushing and sear replacement, the trigger is very nice so I don't see myself doing anything else with the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I did the following upgrades to my 22/45 lite cobalt:

TK Hammer Bushing - to remove magazine disconnect and magazines drop free
Kanewolf Slingshot mod-Can slingshot load mags, Reduces wear on the bolt
VQ target Sear- Reduced Trigger Pull
TK LCI Removal Insert- removes a useless feature that can cause malfunction. Also made cleaning easier.
TK Magazine +1 Bumper- Improved loading of magazines, +1 Capacity
Hogue Grip
Hi-viz fiber optic front site post

Got a Spectre II suppressor in jail and once I load up on some more magazines I will have a pretty sweet setup!

I am really happy with all the mods and recommend them all. After the bushing and sear replacement, the trigger is very nice so I don't see myself doing anything else with the trigger.
View Quote

I keep seeing that, but I don't think I've seen anyone explain the why of it.  What wear does it prevent, etc?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Hammer bushing from the MFG of your choice
Remove the ball and detent in the bolt release and slingshot to your hearts content
Modify the LCI by cutting off the metal "wing" if you're cheap or buy an LCI filler
A little orange sight paint for the front sight
VQ extractor

My 22/45 TB went from clean to malfunctions at about the 400 rnd mark to about 1500rnds now while shooting suppressed. Not bad for $15 in mods.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
VQ trigger kit and smoothed the nub on the LCI; I've also got bumpers on several of my mags for the reasons already mentioned.  I was leery of spending the money on the trigger kit but it really is amazing the difference, it breaks very clean now at approx 2.5lbs.  And the best mod- a suppressor.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#17]
So, this is what I have showing up over the next two weeks.

VQ extractor and sear from Midway
slingshot mod, bushing, and 2x bumpers from Tandemkross
MaddMacs comp

Currently working on modifying the factory screw on rail to look better/fit in a holster.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

What did that cost you?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What did that cost you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did that cost you?

$12.99+ $ 5 shipping.  Had a bunch of other parts in the cart and shipping didn't go up either.  Decided just the sear though, couldn't find it in stock anywhere else.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#20]
The place you seek for both the trigger and sear is rimfire sports and custom. I just purchased both from them for my 22/45 lite.  Plus, they have free shipping too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, it is done minus one part.  My Volquartsen extractor should be here later this week.  Btw, the Maddmacs muzzle devices are crazy nice.  There is a steel collar that threads onto the pistol with the aluminum comp over it.  Two set screws lock the two assemblies together.  I was expecting just a screw on but this is way nicer.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:54:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Man I wish mine looked like that instead of the pimpin' gold with the retarded diagonal fluting.    They came out with the black about two months after I bought mine and dropped the money for the VQ stuff.  If I wasn't such a cheap ass I'd buy the newer model, instead I'll probably just Duracoat mine (since I have some HK black Duracoat on hand still).

ETA: Make sure your front sight is screwed on well- first time out shooting mine it about fell off.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Getting ready to order a few parts, thanks all!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Do the TK upgrades help accuracy?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do the TK upgrades help accuracy?
View Quote

The slingshot mod is supposed to save wear on the bolt release and the hammer bushing lowers the trigger pull.  IMO a VQ sear and the hammer bushing do clear up the trigger pull a lot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you given any thought to a holster yet? Im in the same boat as you, just got some parts made a great gun even better however I was having trouble finding a holster that allowed a red dot.. I stumbled upon This, (Skip to 1.30, the first minute is pointless) and thought I would share.. 24 bucks on amazon, cheapest solution I have found yet..
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Have you given any thought to a holster yet? Im in the same boat as you, just got some parts made a great gun even better however I was having trouble finding a holster that allowed a red dot.. I stumbled upon This, (Skip to 1.30, the first minute is pointless) and thought I would share.. 24 bucks on amazon, cheapest solution I have found yet..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking at the ones at tandomkross, but this one looks great!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, it is done minus one part.  My Volquartsen extractor should be here later this week.  Btw, the Maddmacs muzzle devices are crazy nice.  There is a steel collar that threads onto the pistol with the aluminum comp over it.  Two set screws lock the two assemblies together.  I was expecting just a screw on but this is way nicer.

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/5/7/ruger_22_45_lite_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo8p.jpg
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/1/2/lite2_0_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo9j.jpg
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/2/2/custom_lite_3_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo8v.jpg
View Quote

which rail is that?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

which rail is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/5/7/ruger_22_45_lite_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo8p.jpg
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/1/2/lite2_0_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo9j.jpg
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/2/2/custom_lite_3_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo8v.jpg

which rail is that?

It's the standard Ruger rail, I just shortened it with a triangle needle file and some elbow grease.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got an older 22/45 before they started making the ones with replaceable grip panels, and the LITE models.  I bought a Tactical Solutions Paclite upper for it to use with my .22 can, and put an Allchin Cmore mount on it, got the TK bushing after dicking around trying to make some washers fit to shim it out.  Volquartsen trigger, hammer, etc.  Switched out the Allchin mount for a 90 degree mount from Barry's Sporting Goods out of Iowa.  I put the Volquartsen extractor and firing pin in the bolt and just added a Majestic Arms bolt racker.

Thing is twitchy.  Ran several hundred rounds through it, worked like a champ.  Took it out again, and the damned trigger won't reset.  I've replaced the trigger spring with a factory Ruger spring.  It is a pain in the ass.  I would almost go back to a stock trigger if it would just run 100%.  I don't know how many sear springs I've been through.

I've been thinking about taking the file to the grip and flattening it out so I can do the grip panel mod to it.  Then again, I could just get a new one and swap the Paclite to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've got an older 22/45 before they started making the ones with replaceable grip panels, and the LITE models.  I bought a Tactical Solutions Paclite upper for it to use with my .22 can, and put an Allchin Cmore mount on it, got the TK bushing after dicking around trying to make some washers fit to shim it out.  Volquartsen trigger, hammer, etc.  Switched out the Allchin mount for a 90 degree mount from Barry's Sporting Goods out of Iowa.  I put the Volquartsen extractor and firing pin in the bolt and just added a Majestic Arms bolt racker.

Thing is twitchy.  Ran several hundred rounds through it, worked like a champ.  Took it out again, and the damned trigger won't reset.  I've replaced the trigger spring with a factory Ruger spring.  It is a pain in the ass.  I would almost go back to a stock trigger if it would just run 100%.  I don't know how many sear springs I've been through.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13742472/2245_90degcmore1.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13742472/2245_90degcmore2.jpg

I've been thinking about taking the file to the grip and flattening it out so I can do the grip panel mod to it.  Then again, I could just get a new one and swap the Paclite to it.
View Quote

I'll have to do some reading, but I would have sworn I came across some stuff that said not to use the full VQ setup on a 22/45, just the trigger and sear.

From the VQ site...

Accurizing Kits fit the Ruger MKII, MKIII and all variations of the 22/45 (extended bolt release and sear spring are not used when installing in a 22/45).
MKII Kit also includes a Volquartsen MKII Hammer Bushing and can be used when eliminating the magazine disconnect feature in the Ruger MKIII. Please note the only way we recommend to remove the magazine disconnect in the Ruger MKIII is by using the MKII Kit that includes the MKII Hammer Bushing.
MKIII Accurizing Kit used in conjunction with any other aftermarket hammer bushing (advertised to eliminate the magazine disconnect) may cause malfunctions

The Accurizing Kit for the Ruger MKIII does not include the hammer bushing. This is only included in the MKII Kit.
The color option applies only to the Extended Bolt Release.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'll have to do some reading, but I would have sworn I came across some stuff that said not to use the full VQ setup on a 22/45, just the trigger and sear.

From the VQ site...

Accurizing Kits fit the Ruger MKII, MKIII and all variations of the 22/45 (extended bolt release and sear spring are not used when installing in a 22/45).
MKII Kit also includes a Volquartsen MKII Hammer Bushing and can be used when eliminating the magazine disconnect feature in the Ruger MKIII. Please note the only way we recommend to remove the magazine disconnect in the Ruger MKIII is by using the MKII Kit that includes the MKII Hammer Bushing.
MKIII Accurizing Kit used in conjunction with any other aftermarket hammer bushing (advertised to eliminate the magazine disconnect) may cause malfunctions

The Accurizing Kit for the Ruger MKIII does not include the hammer bushing. This is only included in the MKII Kit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the VQ site...

I just went through this with mine, Dont waste your money on the kit, grab a sear and trigger, remove the mag disconnect (install a bushing don't use washers) and polish the disconnector.. This will get your trigger were you want it..
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#33]

These are what I consider to be essential for the 22/45:

1) Bruce Patza's LCI delete

2) Sam Lam bushing / mag safety delete

3) Kanewolf slingshot mod

4) Volquartsen sear

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

What brand of base plate is on the mag in the pistol? Does it add any capacity or does it server some other purpose? Looks pretty sweet
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What brand of base plate is on the mag in the pistol? Does it add any capacity or does it server some other purpose? Looks pretty sweet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a Tactical Solutions SLAM mag.  10rd but has a spring assembly in the base to help drop it free.  Figure mags were $30 up here anyhow so $34 for a mag + baseplate is a steal.  Probably going to pick up two more and two baseplates to replace the tandemkross ones I have.  I just like the grip better with the bit of extension on the bottom.

Fair warning on the complete mags:  They have mixed reviews.  Mine just needed a tweak on the feed lips and they work perfect.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kinghouse over on Rimfire Central has an excellent reputation for his grip mod.
They keep him pretty busy so turn around looks like about a month.
I have mkii that I'm gonna send him when I figure out which grips I want.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Nevermind...made my own post.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought this a few weeks back. This is one of the funnest pistols I've owned. Accuracte, light and cycles all ammo except some subsonic. It was a good pistol before the upgrades, but now is incredible.

Volquartsen trigger
Volquartsen sear
Tandemkross bushing
Tandemkross Kane slingshot mod
Patza LCI filler
Mag bumpers from magbumper.com
Maddmacs Lite comp
Burris Fastfire (loaner until I get a FF III)

Now it is a smooth 2.5lb trigger with no extra travel.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I bought this a few weeks back. This is one of the funnest pistols I've owned. Accuracte, light and cycles all ammo except some subsonic. It was a good pistol before the upgrades, but now is incredible.

Volquartsen trigger
Volquartsen sear
Tandemkross bushing
Patza LCI filler
Maddmacs Lite comp

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/50_BMG/Guns/Ruger%2022-45%20small_zpss5x3izos.jpg
View Quote

How did you order from Bruce Patza?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Another cheap upgrade that I love.  My set of Pierce grips came in yesterday.  They needed a bit of trimming of excess rubber (designed for a 1911) but makes the 22/45 incredibly comfy in hand.  The grip just slips under the side slabs and wraps around the front.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Volquartsen trigger
Volquartsen sear
Tandemkross bushing
Patza LCI filler
Maddmacs Lite comp

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/50_BMG/Guns/Ruger%2022-45%20small_zpss5x3izos.jpg

Look him up on rimfirecentral.com. bpatza. I contacted him there. He messaged me an address and payment options. I received mine in less than 5 days.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Is this what I need?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is this what I need?
View Quote

That is a factory one cut for the mag disconnect parts.

You want this one that replaces those disconnect parts.

http://www.tandemkross.com/Steel-Hammer-Bushing-for-Mark-III-and-2245-Pistols_p_9.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://www.tandemkross.com/Steel-Hammer-Bushing-for-Mark-III-and-2245-Pistols_p_9.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this what I need?

I figured
Beggers can't be choosers but I'm placing a midwayUSA order and was hoping to tack a hammer bushing onto it to save on shipping...
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I highly recommend the BAM mag disconnect
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Reading the advice here, I put in a Volq sear and a TK bushing. But I can not get the LCI out to save my life. Any ideas? I have the Blue lite.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Reading the advice here, I put in a Volq sear and a TK bushing. But I can not get the LCI out to save my life. Any ideas? I have the Blue lite.
View Quote

Flip the barrel upside down so the pin for the LCI is pointing straight up.  Put a strong magnet over the pin and gently lift up.  It is just press fit in, so it should pop right out.  Mine was crazy easy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:45:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Volquartsen trigger
Volquartsen sear
Tandemkross bushing
Patza LCI filler
Maddmacs Lite comp

View Quote

That looks great. I have a tandemkross bushing and VQ sear on the shelf waiting to go into mine. Then a PA reflex uptop. When I got mine (same model as yours in picture) and unthreaded the protector it had a very thin piece of metal there between the frame and the thread protector. What is that for? Should it be tossed or does it serve a purpose?

Also what subsonic does yours not like?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#49]
For those with fastfires on lites, what did you do about it not fitting flush on the rail? Just tighten it down real well canted one way or the other?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
For those with fastfires on lites, what did you do about it not fitting flush on the rail? Just tighten it down real well canted one way or the other?
View Quote

Mine wasn't canted.  Then again, I had it just ahead of the ejection port.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top